• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jab -> Guaranteed FSmash against Characters with RCO lag

Flayl

Smash Hero
KPrime expanded on the research done by Nothing on RCO lag.

He mentioned in the end of the post that attacks with small knockback that prop people up in the air force a heavy landing with RCO lag, which has enormous penalties. I went ahead and tested it in frame advance mode, and Bowser can FSmash people if he jabs them before they can get rid of it.

Here are the characters you can FSmash:
:mario2: :luigi2: :ganondorf:'s UpB :fox:'s OverB :wolf: :falcon: :pikachu2: :squirtle: :charizard: :marth:

Here are the characters you can FSmash but only if you're really close when Jab hits:
:ganondorf:'s OverB :fox: :falco:

Guaranteed FTilt due to RCO lag:
:bowser2: :dk2: :lucario:

B!squick

Smash Master
I like how it only works against 3 high tier character. Sakurai for the loss.

Still, really neat info. You are my greatest weapon against Bowser's foes, Flayl. :)

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Haaaa, awesome info. Great job once again Flayl! You're like our professor.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I thought it was hilarious that a true combo to Bowser's FSmash actually exists

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Wow.. this is ********.

I'm so glad Peach isn't up there. Great find Flayl!

Flayl

Smash Hero
Tehcnically you can do it to Peach too, but only if she grabs the ledge after UpB'ing and closing her parasol, which I almost never see happen in Peach vids so I didn't put it up there.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I actually find funny that I know that since almost one year and actually I pulled it off a few times...
but in my region a lot of people know about the ROC so they are good to not be punisshed by this...

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
DK doesn't get RCO lag, so that isn't a true combo on him

I guess he does, never even noticed

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I didn't know Lucario had it.

Also Ganon really never gets any breaks, does he? If it's a ******** tactic, odds are it can be done to him.

Flayl

Smash Hero
You don't need a video for somehting this simple. Force a CPU of one of these characters to UpB to a ledge, then Jab and FSmash them. Or just do an upB to the ledge with the character yourself, jab him with Bowser and then hold shield and look at how long it takes for the shield to pop up.

TP

Smash Master
For the record, nobody who's carrying RCO lag should be dumb enough to be in jab range of the opponent anyway.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
For the record, nobody who's carrying RCO lag should be dumb enough to be in jab range of the opponent anyway.
I've done this plenty of times against good players. It can happen if they're not expecting to be edgeguarded with jab, which most people aren't.

:phone:

MrEh

Smash Hero
Bingo. Just try harder and everything can work.

Which explains why I no longer win matches anymore. Since I go for junk that's so outrageous that no amount of effort can make it work. lol

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Saying "SHOWTIME!" in a deep, beastly voice right before a game starts might help as well for intimidation purposes. ;)

Yikarur

Smash Master
I hate threads like this, I hate when people show something totally obvious known for years and pretend like it's super new.

this is as old as Brawl itself.

B!squick

Smash Master
I hate threads like this, I hate when people show something totally obvious known for years and pretend like it's super new.
I hate posts like this. I hate when people have absolutely no idea what they're talking about and pretend like they do.

Well, no **** Sherlock. Who'd have thought that a game that never receives updates or any new content would have something since the time it was made.

Is the technique new? Of course not. Is the application? Yeah. So, put down the Haterade, kid.

EDIT: He even has a link to the original source of inspiration, so how is that pretending like it's new? Please explain or else do us all a favor and keep your stupidity to yourself.

Flayl

Smash Hero

I've never heard or seen a Bowser jab someone to take advantage of RCO lag.

Taking advantage of RCO lag yes, but not with a jab follow-up.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
so basically he's saying that he's been jabbing -> fsmashing people due to rco lag since brawl's born days

-goes to youtube-
search: yikarur bowser rco lag jab fsmash

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

****** post +1

Top Bottom