• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iwantgames Projects: Ultimate

interested in an optimized HW OoT Link: images on post #534

• yes

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • no

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Alright, will be removed

You should give marth the cape symbol he has in smash 4.
not sure if I can/should, I believe the pac/pcs files are close to reaching the filesize limit. I would have to add extra polygons and textures which will increase the filesize and the chances of in-game lag.

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
Just curious, but what is the filesize limit for models? My projects always have lag :/

Also I agree with removing Lucina's symbol. Marth hype!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Just curious, but what is the filesize limit for models? My projects always have lag :/

Also I agree with removing Lucina's symbol. Marth hype!
i'm not sure. I just make sure to stay under 1000kb for the pcs file. I went over that and the game froze, so i decided to stay under it.

the model itself, I was told that getting a high poly model under 18k would make it lag free. That was not true, instead it only lags slightly. I am not sure of lagless, maybe around 16k. that was sm4sh samus and earlier in the thread someone told me that she was lagless.

always test the model(s) to be sure.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Guys, Lucina's cape has her eye symbol on it. would you like me to keep the symbol or remove it? Not sure if marth have a/the symbol on his cape for his awakening design, doesn't look like it in the artwork.
Even Lucina's cape lacks the symbol in Awakening. The cape symbols are really more of a Smash thing. I'd leave the symbol, or at least give him his own cape symbol, as all the other Smash FE characters with capes have cape symbols.

Juken

Smash Ace
Have you dropped Fierce Deity and Young Link entirely? The way you do projects is hard for me to remember.

Not that it's bad that you work on other projects, just that you would talk about one project then there'd be two or 3 others from nowhere, making it confusing to keep track of at times.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
I know you said you won't do S4 Lucina due to the custom model that already exists, but... I gotta say I would really love to see it imported. I know someone else will do it eventually, but your imports are really good, so I rather see it done by you instead of a half assed or poorly optimized attempt from someone else. I know it would require more work (the head and textures) but I felt the need to say it :p

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Even Lucina's cape lacks the symbol in Awakening. The cape symbols are really more of a Smash thing. I'd leave the symbol, or at least give him his own cape symbol, as all the other Smash FE characters with capes have cape symbols.
thanks, didn't know that. I never actually played an FE game. no DS/3DS and I've been late on the consoles. Ex: Got into N64 when the GC was popular. Then I had to choose my games wisely, a game I know is good (Zelda) over something I never played before (FE). the only console I got on time was the Wii U.

Have you dropped Fierce Deity and Young Link entirely? The way you do projects is hard for me to remember.

Not that it's bad that you work on other projects, just that you would talk about one project then there'd be two or 3 others from nowhere, making it confusing to keep track of at times.
no, no drop. I got all of my major projects in the OP, forgot to include Link Pack Edit. The rest of my major projects are there though, things not there that I mention are just quick imports between my main projects. That's what awakening marth is, a quick import. It's taking awhile because I lost my progess and restarted him. that and I am a lazy procrastinator. he's pretty much finished, just need to rig fingers and touch up on the rig.

I know you said you won't do S4 Lucina due to the custom model that already exists, but... I gotta say I would really love to see it imported. I know someone else will do it eventually, but your imports are really good, so I rather see it done by you instead of a half ***** or poorly optimized attempt from someone else. I know it would require more work (the head and textures) but I felt the need to say it :p
thank you for your kind words. lucina could be a possible quick import later in the future. I posted awakening marth on KCMM and said that I won't be doing lucina because of verts' custom model. he posted saying that he'd be okay with me importing the Wii U model, he was just improving what he already did. to make lucina from awakening marth all I would have to do is switch out the head/hair and redo the proportions. It just depends on the poly count of those things. not promising anything though

Charby

Smash Journeyman
As a Marth Player I am looking forward to this new Model , I just hope it's lag free so i can use it competitively :p

Draco_The

Smash Lord
@ iwantgames iwantgames Why the **** didn't you post this here???!!!?????!!?!?!??!!?one!

The only thing I can think of that people may not like is that it's a flat stage without platforms, but personally I'm a sucker for them.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
@ iwantgames iwantgames Why the **** didn't you post this here???!!!?????!!?!?!??!!?one!

The only thing I can think of that people may not like is that it's a flat stage without platforms, but personally I'm a sucker for them.
how did u get those pics?

I was hinting at me doing this stage in my post above, I wasn't going to show it until i had some better lighting for some decent pics. it's a no platform stage because I had a Smash U competitive/omega stage layout in mind. if enough people want platforms then I could make a platform version. Because it's no longer a surprise here is current progress

materials aren't done and lighting isn't final. I am experimenting with lighting for future stages, scout has more experiences so i asked if he could do it for this stage.

Reason behind this stage is that I made it a long time ago before starting character imports. I didn't know how to edit models and couldn't move stuff out of the way, so I found the best fighting place possible and it resulted in a stage in which u can only die by star/screen KO. After making it i promised that I would revamp it, because I've been working on characters for awhile I can now do that.

If someone/anyone else could give some feedback that would be great. I posted it in 2 different threads on KCMM but haven't gotten any feedback that I could use to make it better.

@Awakening Marth - he should be okay as long as 4 aren't in game. Could be lagless with 4, still haven't finished him to post here 4 u guys to lag test. He's not that far off, I just stopped to get into stages for a bit

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
You posted them in kc-mm. Since no one said anything there I thought you might get feedback here. Sorry if I ruined your surprise.

In regards to the lighting, in my opinion the most important thing is making sure that the player knows at all moments where he is. Since the colors of the platform of your stage are very similar to the background's ones I suggest making the background darker.

I wonder if it would be possible to have that stage go from colored to black/white and back. Even cooler if you could figure out how to give the black/white part of it a grainy overlay using scene data. Anyway, great preview, surprise or no.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
@ Draco_The Draco_The Nice going at ruining the surprise. I'm sure IWG was working at his own pace and posting those pics kinda ruined it.
You posted them in kc-mm. Since no one said anything there I thought you might get feedback here. Sorry if I ruined your surprise.
nah, it's ok. just wanted better pics cause I like it better over here.

In regards to the lighting, in my opinion the most important thing is making sure that the player knows at all moments where he is. Since the colors of the platform of your stage are very similar to the background's ones I suggest making the background darker.
alright, thanks

I wonder if it would be possible to have that stage go from colored to black/white and back. Even cooler if you could figure out how to give the black/white part of it a grainy overlay using scene data. Anyway, great preview, surprise or no.
we attempted that in our first version. I didn't really like how it turned out so not sure if it will be attempted it in this version

Last edited:
I know that the rain effect used in saffron/fourside etc is just a texture. Perhaps retexturing that and fiddling with the animation will give the desired effect. As for black and white, I know using b/w textures would double the file-size, so yeah no.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
I know that the rain effect used in saffron/fourside etc is just a texture. Perhaps retexturing that and fiddling with the animation will give the desired effect. As for black and white, I know using b/w textures would double the file-size, so yeah no.
I think it looks perfect the way it is, and that I get the feeling he's not planning on doing this I assume, as he said it didn't turn out looking that great in the first version?

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
been busy til now because I was preparing for the test I took yesterday

I thought about it and I won't do the black/white to color thing

@marth - i forgot where I left off, but here is a beta: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fl5xlssyiezwqgl/AAARtxwZoXXaA3rJJ4Cp2S-ta?dl=0

doesn't have shaders and materials done for insurance reasons. while u guys test and stuff i'll be touching up on the rig. after you guys give me lag and other feedback i'll make the necessary edits and release him.

Wing Zero

Smash Apprentice
been busy til now because I was preparing for the test I took yesterday

I thought about it and I won't do the black/white to color thing

@marth - i forgot where I left off, but here is a beta: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fl5xlssyiezwqgl/AAARtxwZoXXaA3rJJ4Cp2S-ta?dl=0

doesn't have shaders and materials done for insurance reasons. while u guys test and stuff i'll be touching up on the rig. after you guys give me lag and other feedback i'll make the necessary edits and release him.
great stuff! would you mind if i smash 3-ify these textures later on?

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
great stuff! would you mind if i smash 3-ify these textures later on?
not at all, you would have to wait til after the actual release though. that one will have the final textures, current one doesn't because I have made the edits yet.

also, anyone that downloaded marth. please give feedback if you can so that I can finish him. The only thing that I really care about is lag, but if you find other stuff u can share that too.

Charby

Smash Journeyman
I think I found some stuff you might want to fix

I think the Sleeves are a bit too big, the Sword goes through it during the dashing animation.
Maybe you could reduce the size, for the sleeves of the boots and the gloves.
Here's a screenshot for more details http://imgur.com/XxFPMUt

I will look later for more. And do the lag testing on my wii . (this was on dolphin)

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
how did u get those pics?

I was hinting at me doing this stage in my post above, I wasn't going to show it until i had some better lighting for some decent pics. it's a no platform stage because I had a Smash U competitive/omega stage layout in mind. if enough people want platforms then I could make a platform version. Because it's no longer a surprise here is current progress
The stage looks great so far, and I'd love to put it in my build when it's finished. I'd definitely be interested in a platform version if you decide to make it.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames

I think the Sleeves are a bit too big, the Sword goes through it during the dashing animation.

I will look later for more. And do the lag testing on my wii . (this was on dolphin)
thanks for the feedback, but I am not sure if I will touch that. only cause it's pretty much the same in smash u/3ds.

The stage looks great so far, and I'd love to put it in my build when it's finished. I'd definitely be interested in a platform version if you decide to make it.
alright, thanks. just need to figure out the scenedata a bit more and I can put the finishing touches on it.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace

Little clipping situations like that are animation issues, not model/rig issues. Every single game to ever exist has minor clipping here and there... you can't add realistic havok physics to everything.

Unless you're Unreal Engine 4.

Charby

Smash Journeyman
Little clipping situations like that are animation issues, not model/rig issues. Every single game to ever exist has minor clipping here and there... you can't add realistic havok physics to everything.

Unless you're Unreal Engine 4.
I figured as much, the only solution would be to revamp animation for the dash or to add physics to the sleeves. Not feasible i guess. I saw the same problem when i was looking for the lucina skin the hair was straight and was going inside her body during the dash animation, that's why I never bothered to use it. Even if the skin was good the dash animation was ridiculous. I don't know if someone fixed this.

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
I figured as much, the only solution would be to revamp animation for the dash or to add physics to the sleeves. Not feasible i guess. I saw the same problem when i was looking for the lucina skin the hair was straight and was going inside her body during the dash animation, that's why I never bothered to use it. Even if the skin was good the dash animation was ridiculous. I don't know if someone fixed this.
I guess clipping on the sword could be fixed by reworking bones, but then you can't play online.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I doubt someone will edit the animations to fit one costume. I don't want this to turn into a major thing so extra physics is out too. sorry

I guess clipping on the sword could be fixed by reworking bones, but then you can't play online.
messing with the bones can cause a few problems and will require more work to fix those problems. that would turn this into something major and I don't want that.

here is progress on Wind Waker Hyrule Castle

feel free to give feedback. now I just need to reimport the main platform and do materials, then all of the visual stuff will be done.

as for marth, i'll probably release him as he is so that I can move on to my other mods. If he lags, then he just lags. he was suppose to be a quick import anyway.

Obskore

Smash Ace
I doubt someone will edit the animations to fit one costume. I don't want this to turn into a major thing so extra physics is out too. sorry

messing with the bones can cause a few problems and will require more work to fix those problems. that would turn this into something major and I don't want that.

here is progress on Wind Waker Hyrule Castle

feel free to give feedback. now I just need to reimport the main platform and do materials, then all of the visual stuff will be done.

as for marth, i'll probably release him as he is so that I can move on to my other mods. If he lags, then he just lags. he was suppose to be a quick import anyway.
now this gave me the idea to add it as an alt stage for the pirate ship in PM

Charby

Smash Journeyman
Ok I tried it on my wii with 4 Marths at the same time and I didn't notice any lags. So I think it's all good

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Alright, thanks. will try to get him done soon, haven't worked on anything character related in awhile. stages are much easier to do. still some stuff I need to learn but still easier than characters.

I'll probably post the stage here hoping that someone tests it. I can't really get a good feel of it cause I got a laggy dolphin and playing on my Wii or Wii U is too long of a setup. I think I got everything done for it besides the materials and Pokémon trainers positions, here's progress pic.

TSW

Smash Rookie
I'll probably post the stage here hoping that someone tests it. I can't really get a good feel of it cause I got a laggy dolphin and playing on my Wii or Wii U is too long of a setup. I think I got everything done for it besides the materials and Pokémon trainers positions, here's progress pic.

Yes please! I'd love to test it out on my Wii.

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
The lighting for the stage looks pretty perfect, I'm definitely excited to have something ww related to replace pirate ship. If you decide to do a platforms version, may i suggest you use the platforms from the Skyloft stage that used to be in pm? Seems like it would fit nicely and would just need some texture tweaks.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Yes please! I'd love to test it out on my Wii.
alright, thanks for volunteering.

The lighting for the stage looks pretty perfect, I'm definitely excited to have something ww related to replace pirate ship. If you decide to do a platforms version, may i suggest you use the platforms from the Skyloft stage that used to be in pm? Seems like it would fit nicely and would just need some texture tweaks.
the lighting is from DSX8 sm4sh Pokémon coliseum stage. just modified to be less blue, less brighter, and more foggy. that stage has a temple look to it so I thought I use it as a base.

@platform - I was gonna do a battlefield style platform version, but if you guys prefer a skyloft platform version then I can do that instead.

I may have the stage posted up later today for you guys to test. it goes over FD, so use an FD rel to place it over other stages

Top Bottom