• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iwantgames Projects: Ultimate

interested in an optimized HW OoT Link: images on post #534

• yes

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • no

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Another Link Update!

ScreenCapture13.png
ScreenCapture11.png
ScreenCapture12.png
ScreenCapture14.png
ScreenCapture9.png
ScreenCapture10.png

Still Working on his shaders but I got the details to be a bit more visible, so it's a step in the right direction. Also did more shader work on the Sheik Slate to get the glowwy stuff visible. doesn't glow yet tho.​

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Update, New costumes and a new look!

Before

now

ScreenCapture3.png
ScreenCapture1.png
ScreenCapture2.png
ScreenCapture0.png

New things added:

- bow like in SSBU
- pouches(not visible)

Stealth set is also the base for BotW Sheik​

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Another Costume Done!

Ancient set

ScreenCapture5.png

Didn't make previous post because it required addition edits to the materials and shaders. The completion of this costumes also means that I now have the finalized shaders/materials for the sheikah slate. I will be including his amiibo/dlc mask as well. will be doing those tomorrow if I have the time, and redoing his other costumes throughout the week. Will post all this weekend.​

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Will have a lot to show tomorrow, getting the last few costumes imported so I can start the vertexing process. I updated the shaders again, detailing looks better and has proper shading. There are also tons of new costumes.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
on a different note, how's Samus Returns Samus?
Doing UV/texture layout atm.

BotW Link progress post! I updated the shaders again so i'll be reshowing old ones as well as new ones, prepare yourself for 20 pics, all I can attach. will show last few another time

ScreenCapture18.png
ScreenCapture9.png
ScreenCapture8.png
ScreenCapture13.png
ScreenCapture12.png
ScreenCapture14.png
ScreenCapture11.png
ScreenCapture10.png
ScreenCapture5.png
ScreenCapture15.png
ScreenCapture17.png
ScreenCapture20.png
ScreenCapture1.png
ScreenCapture6.png
ScreenCapture2.png
ScreenCapture3.png
ScreenCapture4.png

ScreenCapture19.png

ScreenCapture7.png

ScreenCapture16.png

Last edited:

His Awesomeness

Smash Rookie
These are absolutely amazing! Gah, you have some serious talent :O I love how you do this for the fun of it and have developed quite the fanbase from it like a mini celebrity. Thank you for all of your hard work :)

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Hey guys, sorry for the long silence. My plan is to try and have everything done before next year. Planning to retire from brawl modding 2019. I know BotW Link is really wanted so I am working on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe BotW Link to tide you guys over until I can get to and finish the actual BotW Link costume pack.

I also have a second quick project that I've started and am almost done with, I'll have some progress pics soon and should have both released this weekend.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
Your work is always gonna be respected and utilized. Tip of the hat from me and my smashers on the east coast, sir

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
you bet <3
holy crap he looks wonderful
cool!

As for Link, what I showed off is the older model. Current model underwent optimizations and has the traveler's bow on his back like in Ultimate. His current poly count should have him at lagless, 14,000k polys with everything visible. However I have to continue optimizing him so that I can fit all of his textures into his pac/pcs.

before anyone asks, yes I do have plans for his alternate costume.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Will you still finish the Samus Returns skin once you're done with Link? Been really anticipating that one! No rush on it, just curious.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I actually started back on her last weekend. I don't think I'm going to release her publicly unfortunately. Think it will be more of a portfolio thing, something to showcase so I can get into commissioning custom models.

I learned some new stuff so I restarted her from scratch and it's looking much better than my first attempt. I also decided to start with her power suit, it'll be the base model. Afterwards i'll move on to the varia suit and then the gravity. Unfortunately there aren't any good reference images to do the fusion suit, so i'll have to leave that one out. I'm hoping to have her finished this weekend so i'll probably post back soon with the finish model.

Anyway, here's what I have so far:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Ah, okay. I understand. Well, she’s looking good so far! Thanks for the response.
thanks and no problem. here's a little update on her:

WIP.png

As for Link I have no visible progress, won't have any until I start his alt. still optimizing his default costume/equipment, texture look, and pac/pcs optimizing. Progress will be slow because like I said I want to get into commission model stuff so plz be patient.

The Ultimate Smasher

Smash Rookie
So, uh, for young link, I know he is not yours anymore but the person you gave it to, did they release it? If so, can you post the link here?

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
went back through this thread and there is a lot of recent stuff that I've done that I've yet to show, so prepare yourselves lol

gonna start with some Metroid Stuff today so here's a new Zero Suit & Samus Skin that you guys can look forward to

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
So you are making that SR Power Suit into a skin after all? YESSSSSS. It looks gorgeous.
That Zero Suit looks really good, too!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
So you are making that SR Power Suit into a skin after all? YESSSSSS. It looks gorgeous.
That Zero Suit looks really good, too!
high possibility. Really want it to be a portfolio thing but I also wanna import her.

The last Progress was on Metroid Stuff. Today I'm going with Zelda!

First up is one of my most wanted mod because we still don't have a proper import for Him. It's BotW Link! I decided to pick up the BotW Link pack and here is my current progress.

This screen is outdated I've fixed the rigging issues. As for the details:

Just so you guys are prepared, he uses up to 50+ textures and has advanced shaders and materials. Atm he works on both Wii & Dolphin with the following things:

- lagless models
- normal maps
- specular maps
- rim lighting
- recolors

It won't add too much so hopefully he still work after I add the following things:

- metal
- moving eyes
- fs eyes
- and the sheikah slate.

The next mod is also BotW related. Everyone should have by now but just in case anyone haven't played BotW and/or it's DLC i'll put the next mod preview in a spoiler.

Currently in one of the discord servers their is a winter themed contest going on and this will be my submission. That's how this mod came about. I plan on importing the default BotW Zelda as well. Will work on it sometime after Link. I have until the first on next year so you can expect her sometime before then.

I have a lot more stuff so keep an eye out!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I have another release, unfortunately it's another sonic mod. It's a new boom Sonic model. image is a link to the mod

more stuff soon

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I have another release. It's Brawl Sonic with the shoes from the upcoming movie

he comes with everything that default Sonic has:​

- recolors
- final smash eyes
- expressions
- metal materials​

i'm also working on a movie Sonic

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I has yet another release, Wartortle! Image leads to download​

has everything default Squirtle has with the exception of recolors. Right now he's just an alternative to PM's Squirtle alt, Ninja Squirtle.

- shiny recolor
- moving eyes
- final smash eyes
- expressions
- metals

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
sorry, keep forgetting to post updates here so i have tons of stuff today. Due to how much stuff i'm posting i can't/won't go into detail about the specific about each mod. But things that have been done are new recolors, material/shader edits, model tweaks, and some other fixes. If your interested the image leads to the download.

I've updated her but the Smash Wii U/3DS Samus might not be worth redownloading with the Ultimate import just around the corner. Up to you. The Ultimate import is superior in many ways, model, materials/shaders, rig, etc!

On the subject of Ultimate imports Samus isn't the only one i'm working on.

And there's more on the way​

Important Note, these imports won't be like my previous imports. I didn't want to bake the textures and re-texturing from scratch is outta the question. So i've been working on some custom shaders/materials to use with Ultimate imports. These shaders/materials make use of all of Ultimate texture maps: Diffuse, Emissions, Normals, & PRM. I also added the rim effect for a nicer look. All mods in the picture are using these shaders/materials(believe they are slightly outdated, have a better look now). Here's whats left for each:

- Samus: Rig touch ups, recolors, model changer replacement.

- ZSS: Rig touch ups, recolors, model changer replacement, optimizing, textures adjustments.

- Zelda: Rig touch ups, recolors, optimizing, fixing normals, texture adjustments.

- Link: Rig touch ups, recolors, optimizing, expressions, fixing normals, texture adjustments.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I has more Ultimate ports! will do in-game sometime next week. these are all with the HD textures btw, not the quality you'll get for the final unfortunately.

rigging isn't 100% but they all have rigging, just a few touch-ups in a few areas for each. Think a few might be almost perfect.

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Another little update!

I updated/improved the shaders yet again. This time i improved the rim lighting. look closely at the edges to see the difference, below are some comparison pics

here's more characters with the updated rim

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Didn't think anyone was still here lol

guess i'll start posting stuff here again. First off, for those who haven't seen it i recently released a new toon link mod

download link: Brawl Vault (kc-mm.com)

As for my current project, I'm working on Metroid Samus Returns concept art ZSS.

Left is old/right is new.​

There's a W.I.P image/gif of the old version from Nov 2019 if you scroll up a bit.​

Initially I was just changing things that people disliked about Brawl ZSS and adding sum muscle definition. Even planned/made alternate costumes, returns concept art zss(model on the left) being one of them. She was suppose to be ZSS 2.0. Last month someone brought her up and i cancelled the 2.0 idea and revamped her into the Returns concept art ZSS(model on the right). However the model on the right is now outdated. Still a WIP but below is my current progress

Returns Bailey​

Zero mission​

Returns fusion​

Texture work is pretty much all that's left. I'm slowly learning as i go so it's going to take awhile to get it finished. Besides that she's pretty much reggie to go.

Top Bottom