• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iwantgames Projects: Ultimate

interested in an optimized HW OoT Link: images on post #534

• yes

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • no

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Doesn't this defy the definition of "retire" though?
well he's at least retired from big projects like importing wiiu models to brawl, when he's talking about potentially coming back to the brawl modding scene he said it would be for simple things, so to redefine what he means by retire he's retiring from big brawl projects and turning his main focus to smash 4, but he might do some smaller simpler projects for brawl if he fells up to it, part of the reason he stopped brawl modding is because he has no more motivation sense he doesn't really play brawl but he does play smash 4

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
well he's at least retired from big projects like importing wiiu models to brawl, when he's talking about potentially coming back to the brawl modding scene he said it would be for simple things, so to redefine what he means by retire he's retiring from big brawl projects and turning his main focus to smash 4, but he might do some smaller simpler projects for brawl if he fells up to it, part of the reason he stopped brawl modding is because he has no more motivation sense he doesn't really play brawl but he does play smash 4
^

I also said not promising anything, i might not even do the simple stuff.

As for the simple stuff:

-other m samus for other m samus aran (there's one on the vault I can just edit/adjust)
-touch up on released mods (mats/shaders)
-Generation and boom sonic (just need texture edits)
-toon link if pyro can't figure out his mouth mats/shaders

all of which won't take too much effort to do and can be finished quickly if done correctly

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know what he means, but using the word "retire" for something that's not literally retiring is a pet peeve w͟ó̙̰͈r̖̙̜̮t̮̞͍͍͇h̛̹̟͈̙̹͍ ̲͈s̺̠̘p̷̖̣͖̪͎̣i̮̝l̗ḷ̺i͚̰͕̯̦̗ͅn̻̪̗̱͔̺͡g͇ ̥͕̫̜̫bl͓̘͉̩̪̰͜o̻̟͙ợ͖͎̖̤ḍ̩̹̩̥̰͜ ̱̹f̬̗̮̼̲ͅͅo̷̠̼̯̣̗ṛ̟̙̲̬̗.̙̟̱̪͔͍͎ He's not quitting a paid job, moving to a beachhouse in California, and spending the rest of his dying years with his lovely wife, grandkids, and fishing (or, by another definition, he's not going to sleepybye). He's just modding Brawl less, and modding Smash 4 more. That could be considered "moving on", "going elsewhere", or "modding Brawl less, and modding Smash 4 more", but that is nothing close to retirement. Calling this "retirement" is kind of an insult to people who are actually working hard for real retirement. It's stressful, especially when someone you know and love is looking forward to it, but then dies before they can actually make it.

Humbuggle bugger bug.

Last edited:

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
^

I also said not promising anything, i might not even do the simple stuff.

As for the simple stuff:

-other m samus for other m samus aran (there's one on the vault I can just edit/adjust)
-touch up on released mods (mats/shaders)
-Generation and boom sonic (just need texture edits)
-toon link if pyro can't figure out his mouth mats/shaders

all of which won't take too much effort to do and can be finished quickly if done correctly
i thought i said that by saying potentially though whatever.

Yeah, I know what he means, but using the word "retire" for something that's not literally retiring is a pet peeve w͟ó̙̰͈r̖̙̜̮t̮̞͍͍͇h̛̹̟͈̙̹͍ ̲͈s̺̠̘p̷̖̣͖̪͎̣i̮̝l̗ḷ̺i͚̰͕̯̦̗ͅn̻̪̗̱͔̺͡g͇ ̥͕̫̜̫bl͓̘͉̩̪̰͜o̻̟͙ợ͖͎̖̤ḍ̩̹̩̥̰͜ ̱̹f̬̗̮̼̲ͅͅo̷̠̼̯̣̗ṛ̟̙̲̬̗.̙̟̱̪͔͍͎ He's not quitting a paid job, moving to a beachhouse in California, and spending the rest of his dying years with his lovely wife, grandkids, and fishing (or, by another definition, he's not going to sleepybye). He's just modding Brawl less, and modding Smash 4 more. That could be considered "moving on", "going elsewhere", or "modding Brawl less, and modding Smash 4 more", but that is nothing close to retirement. Calling this "retirement" is kind of an insult to people who are actually working hard for real retirement. It's stressful, especially when someone you know and love is looking forward to it, but then dies before they can actually make it.

Humbuggle bugger bug.
im sure that wasn't his intent

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Looking forward to your SmUsh mods, man. You're a really talented guy.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames

Humbuggle bugger bug.
sowwy bout dat, I no meant it like dat. everyone else sed retire when day stopped so I just sed the same.

i thought i said that by saying potentially though whatever.
yeah, I was agreeing with u.

^

Looking forward to your SmUsh mods, man. You're a really talented guy.
thanks, I should be showin sum stuff soon. drog, nano, and dsx8 has been helping me with everything and I think I finally got the importing process down.

Can I still get some :ok:'s once ina while tho?
:(
ok

But yeah man, I wish you the best darn vacation you deserve!
thanks

I prob show sum sm4sh stuff if u guys want, in case anyone wants sumthin to port to pm. to help keep thread alive. if dat allow here, is dat allowed here?

Last edited:

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
eh. no need to explain to us, iwantgames. your works have spoken for themselves over the years - youve given permission to others who want to take up the mantle and beyond that, it's your life, man. good luck with yer endeavors and whatnot

Mimimax

Smash Rookie
Hey I'd like if I could have OoT Link. I plan on using parts of him with the Source Film Maker OoT Link to make an import for smash 4 sometime in the future when I can.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Goshdangit, this is the internet, you're not supposed to be civil, you're supposed to call me a bellystabbing tubfore, to which I respond with greater or equal insults, until one of the moderators ban both of us!
sowwy bout dat, I no meant it like dat. everyone else sed retire when day stopped so I just sed the same.
And in your case, you're not supposed to be adorable. Now just stop that.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
- Hyrule Warrior OoT Link (Remodeled)
- Hyrule Warriors Link (FD, Postman, Classic)
- Hyrule Warriors Sheik (default, OoT, TP)
- Hyrule Warrior Toon Link (class_1, class_2, class_3)
- Hyrule Warrior Young Link (OoT, MM)
- Hyrule Warrior Zelda (default, OoT, SS, TP, Llia)
- Other M Samus pack to go with Other M Samus Aran pack (default, power suit, gravity)
- WW Hyrule Castle (Stage)
From what I understand, the TP and OoT versions are direct imports from their games. As a result, some of the OoT ones are extremely blocky.

-Brawl Zero Fox Vertex
J jaystring since you have T-Posing the team from Zero as a future project, you might be interested in this.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if anybody volunteered to finish the WW Hyrule Caste, but I wouldn't mind playing on it in its current form. From what I remember it is a beautiful stage, and I've been waiting to replace the previous version you released on this thread I think.

jaystring

Smash Ace
From what I understand, the TP and OoT versions are direct imports from their games. As a result, some of the OoT ones are extremely blocky.

J jaystring since you have T-Posing the team from Zero as a future project, you might be interested in this.
Is that Fox from Star Fox Zero already T-posed!?

yeah I sure wouldn't mind having that model, would save me time!

jaystring

Smash Ace
I saw someone show some progress on sheik, don't know the current state of her but someone did start her. won't say who cuz I no know when it'll be done and I don't want people bothering them about it (not u guys, u guys are patient)

yeah, i'm already giving young link and toon link to pyro. if anyone wants any of my stuff to finish up just tell them to pm me, or if ur a modder and u see this and want to finish my stuff u can pm me

yeah, I actually play sm4sh. this time around the mods I make will be for me, i'll prob share them. not sure if people will like wut I like (most of my brawl mods were stuff I seen people requesting, others were for consistency with those imports)

thanks, and sorry for the wait.

lol, tanks. not sure if u were online when sheik was shown, i'm also not sure if anyone is working on Zelda.

again guys, sowwy I couldn't finish my stuff. the projects that I have for anyone to take on are:

- Other M Samus pack to go with Other M Samus Aran pack (default, power suit, gravity)
- WW Hyrule Castle (Stage)

unmentioned:

- improved Generation Sonic (was planned for smash 3 final update)

- improved Boom Sonic (was also planned for smash 3 final update)

-Brawl Zero Fox Vertex

- Awakening Roy
no pics

also, just becuz i'm retired doesn't mean u guys can't talk here. i'll prob do sum stuff still, it'll prob be simple/new. if i'm motivated enough and nobody ask about a project then I may take it back on. not promising anything tho.
Hello!

I'm willing to take all the WIP source file you've got and finish them

if you're ok to share them with me

a lot of stuff you've started are things I wanted to do too.

Thanks!

DekZek

Smash Journeyman

It's not the actual Star Fox Zero model. It's an edit of Brawl's model to fit Zero's design. I thought you might be interested since Zero's models probably have a significant difference in the fur and other details.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
eh. no need to explain to us, iwantgames. your works have spoken for themselves over the years - youve given permission to others who want to take up the mantle and beyond that, it's your life, man. good luck with yer endeavors and whatnot
thanks for your kind words and the same to u all

Hey I'd like if I could have OoT Link. I plan on using parts of him with the Source Film Maker OoT Link to make an import for smash 4 sometime in the future when I can.
alright will do

And in your case, you're not supposed to be adorable. Now just stop that.
:3

yeah, it's why I made the HQ HW OoT link

I don't know if anybody volunteered to finish the WW Hyrule Caste, but I wouldn't mind playing on it in its current form. From what I remember it is a beautiful stage, and I've been waiting to replace the previous version you released on this thread I think.
yeah, I have a private message about it, not sure if day want to finish it or to play on it's current form too. haven't read it yet (goin to after post). I will post the stage here for anyone to test/edit

EDIT: someone will be picking it up

lol, glad it looks like zero fox to u, but it's wut DekZek sed
It's not the actual Star Fox Zero model. It's an edit of Brawl's model to fit Zero's design. I thought you might be interested since Zero's models probably have a significant difference in the fur and other details.
all u have to do is edit brawl fox textures to look like zero's since it's an vertex of the brawl model. I kinda already started the flat textures. there may also be some parts that are off, I had limited references to work off of

Hello!

I'm willing to take all the WIP source file you've got and finish them

if you're ok to share them with me

a lot of stuff you've started are things I wanted to do too.

Thanks!
can u say the specific ones, or do u actually mean all of them. I know all of the HW stuff so no need to state them. just the other stuff if u want any of them too

Everyone who asked about files, I will try to send it over the weekend. I am very busy during the weekdays, leave 11am-12am and don't get back until 11pm. some of the requested files needs sum work, so it could take longer to send them. I will do my best to have them to u guys asap.

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
thanks for your kind words and the same to u all

alright will do

:3

yeah, it's why I made the HQ HW OoT link

yeah, I have a private message about it, not sure if day want to finish it or to play on it's current form too. haven't read it yet (goin to after post). I will post the stage here for anyone to test/edit

EDIT: someone will be picking it up

lol, glad it looks like zero fox to u, but it's wut DekZek sedall u have to do is edit brawl fox textures to look like zero's since it's an vertex of the brawl model. I kinda already started the flat textures. there may also be some parts that are off, I had limited references to work off of

can u say the specific ones, or do u actually mean all of them. I know all of the HW stuff so no need to state them. just the other stuff if u want any of them too

Everyone who asked about files, I will try to send it over the weekend. I am very busy during the weekdays, leave 11am-12am and don't get back until 11pm. some of the requested files needs sum work, so it could take longer to send them. I will do my best to have them to u guys asap.
hum. well I would say all the HW ones for sure

probably the sonic stuff too, I think i could use that.

I looked very quickly at your Fox mod and I don't actually remember that much the Zero look so I jumped to conclusion that it was the real SF Zero model.

I'll most likely start from the real Star Fox Zero model for my version.

I would take the WW Castle stage too as I really want to make stages at some point but I still have a lot to learn about stage mods, never done a full one yet so I think it would potentially get finished by someone else way before me.

Thanks in advance for that!

Take your time with uploading these. I don't actually need anything soon or whatever. I'm already overwhelmed with mod projects.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
hum. well I would say all the HW ones for sure

probably the sonic stuff too, I think i could use that.

I looked very quickly at your Fox mod and I don't actually remember that much the Zero look so I jumped to conclusion that it was the real SF Zero model.

I'll most likely start from the real Star Fox Zero model for my version.

I would take the WW Castle stage too as I really want to make stages at some point but I still have a lot to learn about stage mods, never done a full one yet so I think it would potentially get finished by someone else way before me.

Thanks in advance for that!

Take your time with uploading these. I don't actually need anything soon or whatever. I'm already overwhelmed with mod projects.
aight, HW stuff were the ones dat was gonna take awhile to get ready (someone already asked for young link and toon link), sonic just needs texture edits and to be imported, as for the WW castle stage, I update my last message to say that someone already took it up.

thinking about it I may release toon link and the sonics myself. did a crap load of work for both of them, tons of model editing/vertexing to fit skeleton, optimizing, rigging, expressions, alts, special shaders/materials, and a crap load of trial and error. To have someone come and finish 1 thing seems stupid (me doin a lot of hard work just to give someone an easy ride, not sayin dat u or the other person needed it).

also, i'll be posting my sm4sh mods here to try and keep the thread active. if u want to port any of them let me know. planning to try and get at least 1 alt for each char, some will have multiple ones. not asking u to port any of them, just sayin dat if any of them catches your eye just let me know. they may or may not appeal to u, I have a special way of determining which alt chars get.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Goshdangit, this is the internet, you're not supposed to be civil, you're supposed to call me a bellystabbing tubfore, to which I respond with greater or equal insults, until one of the moderators ban both of us!
i'm not that kind of person

jaystring

Smash Ace
aight, HW stuff were the ones dat was gonna take awhile to get ready (someone already asked for young link and toon link), sonic just needs texture edits and to be imported, as for the WW castle stage, I update my last message to say that someone already took it up.

thinking about it I may release toon link and the sonics myself. did a crap load of work for both of them, tons of model editing/vertexing to fit skeleton, optimizing, rigging, expressions, alts, special shaders/materials, and a crap load of trial and error. To have someone come and finish 1 thing seems stupid (me doin a lot of hard work just to give someone an easy ride, not sayin dat u or the other person needed it).

also, i'll be posting my sm4sh mods here to try and keep the thread active. if u want to port any of them let me know. planning to try and get at least 1 alt for each char, some will have multiple ones. not asking u to port any of them, just sayin dat if any of them catches your eye just let me know. they may or may not appeal to u, I have a special way of determining which alt chars get.
no worries! If you feel like finishing them, totally go for it!

I wasn't going to put Sonic or Toon Link in priority anyway

Zelda and Sheik are the one I will probably put in priority after I've finish HW Ganondorf

Mimimax

Smash Rookie
Hey man sorry if I'm bothering you with this but remember I wanted your OoT Link model to make an import for smash 4? I got everything I need now to start the import except your model. I've been just waiting for you to give me the model before I start. Again sorry if Im being a bother but could you give me the model? I promise I'll credit you for it.

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Will get to the stuff I said I would do asap. Here's one of said things, Hyrule Warrior Toon Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=213789

Also, anyone who likes/play sm4sh can check spoiler

Have a few Sm4sh WIPs and releases

3DS Commercial Samus (Released)

Classic Power Suit Samus (Released)

Awakening Marth (WIP)

Pikachu Libre (WIP)

Melee Crown Jigglypuff (WIP)

Classic Ryu (WIP)

Evil Ryu (WIP)

After I put all my files up I most likely won't post sm4sh stuff anymore. Can/Will have to check twitter. Also, if anyone wants any of the model to port to brawl/pm let me know.

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Absolutely. We've all migrated to Discord, however.
I use discord so it's cool. may still post here if enough people still watch the thread.

Update:

1) I have a Twitter (Custom Content and Sm4sh/Brawl stuff)
2) Polling for Discord on Smashboards, Brawl Vault, and Twitter (if you vote, just vote on one pls)
3) Mods will be the same across both Smash games (Brawl version will just be lower poly)

As for the mods, the brawl version for each mod will come out first. The materials and shaders are much easier to do. There will be exclusive mods to each version (difference in character roster)

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I use discord so it's cool. may still post here if enough people still watch the thread.

Update:

1) I have a Twitter (Custom Content and Sm4sh/Brawl stuff)
2) Polling for Discord on Smashboards, Brawl Vault, and Twitter (if you vote, just vote on one pls)
3) Mods will be the same across both Smash games (Brawl version will just be lower poly)

As for the mods, the brawl version for each mod will come out first. The materials and shaders are much easier to do. There will be exclusive mods to each version (difference in character roster)
Does... this... mean...!? That Hyrule Warriors Zelda could possibly still be a thing?

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Does... this... mean...!? That Hyrule Warriors Zelda could possibly still be a thing?
Yeah, still have the max files for her stuff, just gotta finish fixing the OoT costume and then optimize the main costume. after that the model work will be finished.

Discord is more where a lot of discussion is being held.

BUT HE'S BACK BOIS LETS GO
joined the discord, should have some stuff to post later today

Last edited:

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
i do not have a twitter but if you could possibly post major updates on here i will fullheartedly spread the gospel for the 5% brawl lurkers :D

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
i do not have a twitter but if you could possibly post major updates on here i will fullheartedly spread the gospel for the 5% brawl lurkers :D
lol, thanks!

Finally have enough progress to post an update, so here are my current projects(3)

Awakening Marth Revamp/Port

- Port of my Sm4sh Version
- Now uses exalted falchion
- New and original recolors
- More optimization

Awakening Roy (Beta)

- Early port of my Sm4sh version
- Original Recolors

Awakening Ike (Beta)

- Brawl exclusive mod
- Original Recolors

Roy and Ike still require a lot more work. Have lots of things to model, afterwards I have to vertex them to properly fit their sm4sh/brawl proportions. Then I can focus on detailing/finishing all of their textures and rigging/importing.​

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Please let that Roy have the side cape like Nano's Sm4sh mod, and that the face is a face with actual eyes and lips with facial animation, and we have a deal. Though with Ike...Yeeesss!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Please let that Roy have the side cape like Nano's Sm4sh mod, and that the face is a face with actual eyes and lips with facial animation, and we have a deal. Though with Ike...Yeeesss!
Going to make the cape like the cape of the custom awakening Roy I was making awhile back, but slightly different

Marth, Roy, and Ike all use their sm4sh faces/expressions. Ike's face will receive some vertexing to give off a younger/slimmer look like in awakening.

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Going to make the cape like the cape of the custom awakening Roy I was making awhile back, but slightly different

Marth, Roy, and Ike all use their sm4sh faces/expressions. Ike's face will receive some vertexing to give off a younger/slimmer look like in awakening.
And I'm in love.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Completed Awakening Roy Model. Aware of the obvious issues and edits that needs to be made. Will be fixing those and adding other minor things when I am editing the proportions.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I have some progress on Awakening Marth. He no longer uses Lucina's Recolors, I made some custom ones for him. Here are a few:

Texture are custom and aren't done yet so some details are missing. Will show the rest with finished textures(hopefully) this weekend. This is also the old model, new model will have exalted awakening falchion and include more optimizations/improvements.

Top Bottom