• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iwantgames Projects: Ultimate

interested in an optimized HW OoT Link: images on post #534

• yes

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • no

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Yeah, Sheik is short on colors so i'm doing some custom/team colors to make up for her lack of them. Zelda will have 2-3 extra to choose from. I'll also update my release with more matching colors well after their release.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Hey guys, not sure how to change the poll so if you wish to vote you can reply here, vote on my brawl vault thread, or vote on my twitter poll(link in previous post). The poll is the order of mods i do: Start with Metroid Samus returns mods, start with Prime mods, or start with Metroid Other M mods.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Glad to see Samus Returns won. That Varia Suit is dope
I agree
Just an update, Both of the default costume for Sheik and Zelda are done. Just waiting on Zelda, For some reason after doing the materials/shaders she freezes at the SSS. After i figure out what's causing it i'll release both costumes and later their alts.

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Samus Returns mods? YES PLEASE.

lol

So with Prime mods, does that mean Prime 1-3?
yeah

Probably going to release Sheik this weekend and Zelda whenever i can figure out what's causing her to freeze. Since i am just releasing Sheik i will include her OoT alt instead of holding off like i originally planned to.

Last weekend i decided to get Metroid Samus Returns Samus started. She's very low poly right now, starting with a custom low poly mesh that i will build on for all of her costumes (Power Suit, Varia Suit, and Gravity Suit). Currently using the textures from the game (it's the only thing that i know of that's been ripped) will have some custom HQ textures after i finish modeling/UV'ing the custom model.

Currently in the process of Upping the poly count on areas that will be shared on all costumes. will work on Samus throughout the week in my little spare time and devote the weekend to finalizing Sheik's textures/recolors, importing her alt, and releasing

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Forgot to post up-to-date Metroid Samus Returns Samus

Got most of the model work done, just need to finish the chest/bust piece and do the hand.

Moving on to The Hyrule Warriors Sheik Pack, going to release this weekend. Going to try and see if i can also get Zelda working in game, if i can't i'll be moving back to Samus.

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Hyrule Warriors Sheik Pack is released! Click Thumbnail to download.

Credit/Thanks to Flambo for testing and getting screens!

Currently only has four costumes (Default, Master Quest recolor, Twilight Quest recolor, and OoT alternate costume), was undecided on a few areas on my custom recolors so i didn't finish them. Will update her when i finish them sometime this week.

Last edited:

KillVearn

Smash Rookie
Hyrule Warriors Sheik Pack is released! Click Thumbnail to download.

Credit/Thanks to Flambo for testing and getting screens!

Currently only has four costumes (Default, Master Quest recolor, Twilight Quest recolor, and OoT alternate costume), was undecided on a few areas on my custom recolors so i didn't finish them. Will update her when i finish them sometime this week.
I love you men! :,) thank you for the mods

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Congrats on the release! Know you worked really hard on this one! Excited to see Zelda soon as well!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I love you men! :,) thank you for the mods
Congrats on the release! Know you worked really hard on this one! Excited to see Zelda soon as well!
Thanks guys! Also forgot to mention that i did get Zelda working in game. Was a filesize issue, going to try and do some optimization on her so i can replace what i had to remove to get her working.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Your stuff looks good as ever... man I logged on today for the first time in forever and it's amazing, all the feelings I'm getting, seeing the Smash modding scene again... I wish I was young again!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Your stuff looks good as ever... man I logged on today for the first time in forever and it's amazing, all the feelings I'm getting, seeing the Smash modding scene again... I wish I was young again!
Thanks!

Hyrule Warriors Zelda is completely fixed and i got everything to work. just need to get her specular textures added back to her pac/pcs files without crashing. if i have the time throughout the week(highly doubt it) i'll release her, other than that it'll be another weekend release.

I also have some progress on my odyssey skins. Atm Luigi is the only one who's has brawl proportion and is fitted to his brawl skeleton. Below is previews of the default costumes and alt(in spoilers), they will have recolors. I have too many images as is so the recolors aren't present:

Mario(alts in spoiler)

He has 6+ more costumes but they are all recolors

Peach(alt in spoiler)

I have 2 more alts planned but they require major design changes. I'll post them here and if u guys like the changes i'll finish them

Luigi(alt in spoiler)

Bowser(alts in spoiler)

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
May I ask how the Samus Returns mod is coming? Just curious.
Sorry, thought i already replied. Just about done with Samus. Finishing up the back of the chest plate and working on UV's atm. After that it's on to texturing and importing.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Are you still waiting on your testers for Zelda?
nah, just been busy. I also have a new alt for Hyrule Warrior Zelda, so the dev time increased a little for her. currently adjusting the proportions for the new alt so it's 1:1 with the other costumes i have for her. just need to finish up vertexting the legs and she's ready to rig. early preview in the spoiler

Zelda.png

I will also be pushing out an update on an old mod tomorrow.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames

Two Updates today!

Firstly, Hyrule Warriors Link Pack Has been Updated again! Click thumbnail to download.

Link now has 5 new costumes to choose from, one being his Outset Recolor

Credit/Thanks to Xenthos for getting screens and DSX8 for the textures.

And Second, Hyrule Warriors Sheik Pack Has been Updated! Click thumbnail to download.

Sheik now has three new costumes to choose from

Credit/Thanks to Xenthos for getting screens and DSX8 for the textures.

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
It took forever, but the initial release of the Hyrule Warriors Zelda Pack is coming TOMORROW. Will Include:
  • Lagless models
  • 1024x1024 textures
  • Hyrule Warriors Warrior Zelda
  • Hyrule Warriors OoT Zelda
  • Hyrule Warriors TP Zelda
  • Hilda and blue recolor
It will also include the usual final smash eyes, metal, expressions, specular, etc. I'm just waiting on the Wii testers to let me know if they encounter any issues before I continue. It works fine on Dolphin. here are some early previews until the release.

00000000-3.png
00000000-5.png
00000000-6.png

I still have plans for Hyrule Warriors SS Zelda and Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition BotW Zelda. Both will come as a later update along with a few more recolors. The Update will come when I return to the warriors series to revamp Hyrule Warriors Link with lagless models and new costumes.

Right now I'm working on my Generation Sonic Pack. Current costumes in development are Sim Sonic, Boom Sonic, Riders Sonic, Metal Sonic, and Soap Shoes Sonic.

Last edited:

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
her eyes look weird in those previews, i hope you forgot to address them in this post lol
believe me when i say all oddities with the skin have been addressed and (painfully) tested and retested. we got this

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
her eyes look weird in those previews, i hope you forgot to address them in this post lol
lol, yeah
believe me when i say all oddities with the skin have been addressed and (painfully) tested and retested. we got this
^this

The main focus for the models in the screens was getting them to load with the 1024x1024 HD textures. I just decided to ask tester for pics of them because I don't have any and haven't posted any for HW Zelda every since I've been working on her.

Update on Progress: all three costumes are lagless and uses 1024x1024 body textures on both Dolphin and Wii without having to load them from elsewhere.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Lil update as to what I've been working on lately.
There's two things, Both are character Packs but only one is close to release. I'm working on a Generations Sonic Pack and a Breath of the Wild Link Pack.
The sonic pack is closer to release of the two. It contains a well optimized generation Sonic that will have some of his popular alts but for the generation model. Atm these alts are Sim Sonic, Soap Shoes Sonic, Boom Sonic, Riders Sonic, and 06 Upgrade Sonic. All that's left is some modeling work for his 06 upgrade model parts, texture and model work to finish the expressions, and touch-ups on a few areas of the rig. I already put together a beta model to begin work on the shaders/materials for when he's ready for importing. I'll probably post some pics sometime this week

Second, he's pretty far from being finished but I've made a lot of progress and have quite a few wip screens to post of BotW Link. I was considering canceling him because of all the texture work I would have to do due to his split UVs. I would've had to remake all of the details for every single texture for all of his costumes & weapons. So I spent the end of last week looking into getting him in brawl without having to do all of that work. I ended up figuring out how to give him multiple UV channels and getting normal maps to work. You can check out some BrawlBox pics of link and a few of his alts below

ScreenCapture1.png
ScreenCapture2.png
ScreenCapture7.png
ScreenCapture10.png
ScreenCapture8.png
ScreenCapture3.png
ScreenCapture4.png
ScreenCapture5.png
ScreenCapture6.png
ScreenCapture9.png
ScreenCapture11.png
ScreenCapture12.png
ScreenCapture13.png

Right now I am working with the vanilla BotW models, none of them are on vbrawl Link's skeleton nor do they have his proportion. I just figured out multiple UV channels and normal maps so I've been experimenting with those and shader/materials to get him to look right in BrawlBox all weekend. There's still a lot of work to be done before i can even start vertexing and rigging to fit over brawl link.​

Top Bottom