• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iwantgames Projects: Ultimate

interested in an optimized HW OoT Link: images on post #534

• yes

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • no

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
unfortunately longhairdorf won't come until after other m(way too much work)

Hyrule Warriors won as expected, to ease into them I decided to start with toon link. the only images I have are the old ones I took in 3ds max

i'll have some in game images after I touch up the rig and smooth out his face mesh. after those two things i'll probably send him out for lag testing. I haven't optimized him at all and his poly count with one gear is around 13k. each gear have similar poly counts so each version should be near 13k. so he should be lagless, if he does lag I can easy optimize him since he hasn't been optimized at all yet.

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
The second sword looks sweet.
gonna look better with the glow

L̶o̶r̶u̶l̶e̶ Hyrule Warriors.
I get it, I think

Would anyone like to test HW tink? If u are in the Other M ZSS Conversation, u no have to reply. asking if additional/different people would like to test as well. they may be more interested in tink then they were other m zss.

also, thanks to Nonoboobs I figured out why expressions wasn't working. So now I can finish tink up. didn't know I had to rename the actual material for his expressions to work. I only have a BB pic to show cuz current model has all swords/sheaths/shields on and are using the original HD sized textures. I also don't have all of his materials/shaders setup correct to look right in game.

test version will be ready later today.

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
gonna look better with the glow

I get it, I think

Would anyone like to test HW tink? If u are in the Other M ZSS Conversation, u no have to reply. asking if additional/different people would like to test as well. they may be more interested in tink then they were other m zss.

also, thanks to Nonoboobs I figured out why expressions wasn't working. So now I can finish tink up. didn't know I had to rename the actual material for his expressions to work. I only have a BB pic to show cuz current model has all swords/sheaths/shields on and are using the original HD sized textures. I also don't have all of his materials/shaders setup correct to look right in game.

test version will be ready later today.
Awesome. Can't wait. Also, dangit I was waiting for an opportunity to call nano that.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Awesome. Can't wait. Also, dangit I was waiting for an opportunity to call nano that.
:happysheep:

I's has progress on tink

i'll finish him next week. haven't done anything since Saturday cuz I am preparing for a test I have next week. I'll have him completed and submitted dat week. don't have much to do, just need to fix up rig, smooth out face, then set him up to work in game.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity, are you gonna do outset tink in the same style?

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
^

if I was motivated and had the texturing skills then I would've created it myself.

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
if they didn't come with any then they'll probably get some in one of the many dlc for legend. don't have a 3ds or legends so i no really sure. i was only shown and given tink's default model and the thread for the ripped content hasn't shown off anything other than the default models off chars added in legend.

also, trying to find work so i'll be goin on break. or i'll just have even slower progress

Last edited:

DekZek

Smash Journeyman

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
yeah, I don't have legend and didn't bother to look at gameplay. He was shown with rank one so that was easy, phantom and mirror where blue so I matched them, and the other two were left over so I matched them. thanks for pointing it out, easy fix.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Pyro Gaming Pyro Gaming nice a hyrule woriorse based young link moveset i like it, though what placeholder model are you using to make the animations? iwantgames iwantgames HW TL is looking great, and im sure you would be able to do outset TL if you get the model but thats for another time.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames

just need to get the materials/shaders for the mouth to work properly. After dat I can port the materials/shaders onto the alt weapon classes. I'm also doin shader recolors again cuz they only take a few clicks to make. still needs tweaking but here be an example.

i'll provide the PSDs i made incase anyone wants to make physical recolors for renders, csps, etc.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Question. How much (or Little) Optimizing did you have to do?
I didn't do any, i think he only lagged because of his node count and everything was set to cull_none. tomorrow i'll send a copy dat will have a smaller node count with everything set to cull_inside (2 mii testers, tanks guys). i have to apply dat to my previous mods to see if that will make them lagless as well.

I was gonna post in game pics of the second and third classes with dis reply but they freeze the game. models must have gotten corrupted while doing the shaders/materials. the best dat I can do for now r these brawlbox pics

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace

just need to get the materials/shaders for the mouth to work properly. After dat I can port the materials/shaders onto the alt weapon classes. I'm also doin shader recolors again cuz they only take a few clicks to make. still needs tweaking but here be an example.

i'll provide the PSDs i made incase anyone wants to make physical recolors for renders, csps, etc.
for a moment there i thought i was looking at Smash 3 screenshots lol, that looks so good

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
for a moment there i thought i was looking at Smash 3 screenshots lol, that looks so good
lol, a few others sed da same thing

The Buckle seems to be missing its texture in these images. Just so you know
it's there, just super bright becuz of the way the specs and lighting are displayed in BB

as for progress, he is not lagless with the changes I said I would make. i'll probably just do lagless with three like the rest of my imports dat started out high poly. i'll just come back after I finish all of my planned mods. if I can get the last two models to work i'll show in game pics later today.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I fixed the problem for the alts, but I only took a pic of one of them

gotta reimport the above costume cuz I forgot to fix the normals on the shield, after dat I just need to do recolors and find out why he display weirdly on Wii consoles.

the other alt costume is fine.

Obskore

Smash Ace
I fixed the problem for the alts, but I only took a pic of one of them

gotta reimport the above costume cuz I forgot to fix the normals on the shield, after dat I just need to do recolors and find out why he display weirdly on Wii consoles.

the other alt costume is fine.
awww, he closed his eyes

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Updates on the Samus BP CSP CSS renders?
it's best to use SJS's for now, he's pretty much the only person who has that stuff for almost every mod. if you don't care for consistencey and just want them than you also have the choice of using Codex's or Nano's. they are not done with all the characters but they did do samus. I probably won't make any for consistency reasons.

I also have some minor progress on toon link

i'll try to tweak them a little, the shader method is kinda limited. Anyway these are the last of the recolors dat I am doin via shaders. his current recolors are:

green tunic
red tunic
blue tunic
purple tunic
lttp toon link
dark toon link
triforce hero green toon link
triforce hero red toon link
triforce hero blue toon link

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I just looked at the images, and it looks like Tink's legs are clipping through the ground. Might either want to fix that or show me that I am wrong.
You have zero credentials around here and thus no right to be a ****—even in a playful manner. If you're going to constructively criticize, keep it professional or gtfo.

Top Bottom