• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iwantgames Projects: Ultimate

interested in an optimized HW OoT Link: images on post #534

• yes

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • no

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
dat gud or bad?
well Smash 3C uses bright vibrant colors as apposed to the darker, grittier, and sometimes dusty looking colors of regular brawl (I'm looking at you Brawl Links recolors). Personally i don't find it a bad thing if your textures look like those of Smash 3C though you may want to make sure the textures don't stand out too much from brawl and PMs texture style, though that all depends on how you want them to look like.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
well Smash 3C uses bright vibrant colors as apposed to the darker, grittier, and sometimes dusty looking colors of regular brawl (I'm looking at you Brawl Links recolors). Personally i don't find it a bad thing if your textures look like those of Smash 3C though you may want to make sure the textures don't stand out too much from brawl and PMs texture style, though that all depends on how you want them to look like.
Alright, was asking because the statement was too vague. I'm actually thinking of making my own build with tons of new/alternate costumes and a different(probably S3) art-style.

I made some more progress on Awakening Marth. It's taking awhile because these are my first custom textures. I didn't do any texturing in the Smash 3 project, just helped out with model work when I could.

Exalted symbol texture belong to @SatoshiKuraVII

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
New Fire Emblem project, Great Lord Lucina! Will be importing into both brawl and sm4sh. She's also the last addition to the FE series in my brawl build. Unless I get into psa or can find a nice quality one, then I may bring more characters from the series.

Great Lord Lucina(Beta)

- Early port of Sm4sh version

Have a few more model edits to do and then it's on to the textures. Only texture work dat needs to be done is the armor. All of the other stuff will be recycled from Awakening Marth, except for the recolors. They will be lucina's sm4sh recolors.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Hey guys, I have some updates.
first off is the logo for my build

It's pretty much just the English version of the JP version, still a WIP. I don't mind if you guys use it to test it out ingame and give feedback. Just don't upload it and claim as your own plz.

Next up are some Skins, First up is Link. I'll be giving him his BotW look.

BotW Link

Alternate Costumes in spoiler

Hooded Link

may end up makin the hood an entry thing and give him his BotW tunic for an alt instead.

Naked Link

Up Next is Sheik, She wasn't in BotW but I still decided to give her a BotW design

BotW Sheik

Alternate Costume in spoiler

OoT BotW Sheik

Sheik is pretty much the sheikah armor with sheik's mask armor.

The previous Fire Emblem skins I showcased will also be in my build. I have tons more stuff to show, Just decided to stop at sheik last weekend. Will post more stuff this weekend, I have a least 5 characters worth of work to show. If you follow my twitter you can see these things a day or hours earlier. That's where I will be posting stuff first. Here is the Link: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
if you haven't seen them on twitter, I have some more skins from my build to show off

BotW Ganondorf

alternate costume in spoiler
Calamity Ganondorf

BotW Zelda

alternate costume in spoiler
Goddess dress Zelda

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames

Hey guys, Today's update is pretty big, so only the default costumes are visible, all alternate costumes and p2 recolors are in spoiler.

Pokken Tournament Pikachu

Pokken Tournament Charizard

Pokken Tournament Lucario

Pokken Tournament Mewtwo

Just in case pics aren't visible or are messing up (lately my pics show as working/broken for me) the tweets are below

Pikachu: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG/status/929513033432469505
Charizard: (scroll down tweet for Pt. 2) https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG/status/929554991572021248
Lucario: (scroll down tweet for Pt. 2) https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG/status/929835960547921920
Mewtwo: (scroll down tweet for Pt. 2) https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG/status/929875498749980672

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
Oh my. Very much looking forward to these. Especially Mega Mewtwo X as there's no good import for it available at the moment.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
SO HYPED. the glorious return!!!
Hi u

Oh my. Very much looking forward to these. Especially Mega Mewtwo X as there's no good import for it available at the moment.
I think nobody tried because of the leg differences. I'm goin to try to rig the legs in the same way they have them in Pokken Tournament. Both mega and default use the same skeleton. how it turns out depends on pm's Mewtwo animations.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
lol, thanks. previews will stop or slow down now dat we are in holiday season going to be busy with family and work. will pick back up late December.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I updated the Hyrule Warriors Link Pack with a new costume. It now includes Hyrule Warriors Fierce Deity Link

Link here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208097

If you have any issues or feedback to improve the mod feel free to leave them here. Especially Wii/Wii U users, it hasn't been tested on a Wii/Wii U just Dolphin. I wasn't able to lag test so I'm also concerned about that.

I will Update the pack again with another costume. Hyrule Warriors Breath of the Wild Link

I also have some new model previews from my build to show off, will get to that later this week.​

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I haven't posted any of my build progress in awhile so this will be a lengthy post. First up is more Breath of the Wild stuff.

Breath of the Wild Link.

Link will be receiving 3 alts; Wild, Hylian, and Fierce Deity. WIP recolors in spoilers. Wild will receive some edits due to how link arms work in brawl. I had to drop naked link and replace it with hylian armor for this reason.

Breath of the Wild Ganondorf.

I will be replacing the default outfit for Ganondorf, don't want the default and calamity alt to share the same armor so I will be changing it up. Don't have previews atm. I am also adding a costume for Ganondorf, BotW Phantom Ganon armor.

Odyssey Mario.

For My build the mario cast that were present in the game will have their Odyssey look. Right now I only have default Mario and an early preview of one of his alts(Diddy Kong Hat/Costume). I will be making quite a few alts, will post them as I finish them.

Odyssey Peach.

Probably the most unpopular of all the mods i've shown off so far but I am going with peach go-to design for the mainline Mario games. Haven't gotten around to making any of her alts yet.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
OH MANNNN. first of all, the phantom ganon alt is a dope idea, very good flavor with the BotW lore.

second, the amount of hype i have seeing Odyssey inclusions is staggering, fingers crossed on wedding bowser skin

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
OH MANNNN. first of all, the phantom ganon alt is a dope idea, very good flavor with the BotW lore.

second, the amount of hype i have seeing Odyssey inclusions is staggering, fingers crossed on wedding bowser skin
Still Have quite a few BotW surprises left. ;)

RTB just announced on twitter that it is now possible to rip from Odyssey. So when those models become available I will be switching to those.

I'm also trying to release another mod this weekend. Forgot to ask/poll here but I did one on twitter that ended not to long ago. The choices were Hyrule Warriors Zelda Pack, Hyrule Warriors Sheik Pack, and an HD Hyrule Warriors OoT Link. The winner was the Hyrule Warriors Zelda Pack.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman

RTB just announced on twitter that it is now possible to rip from Odyssey. So when those models become available I will be switching to those.

I'm also trying to release another mod this weekend. Forgot to ask/poll here but I did one on twitter that ended not to long ago. The choices were Hyrule Warriors Zelda Pack, Hyrule Warriors Sheik Pack, and an HD Hyrule Warriors OoT Link. The winner was the Hyrule Warriors Zelda Pack.
for the Zelda pack is it gonna be multiple models?

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Yeah, all her HW costumes. As for Progress, Zelda's models are all fixed, they import with broken meshes so objects have to be pieced together or remade. Now I just have to optimize the default costume and make the last expression, then I can rig and import them.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice

Not that you haven't already received requests, but if you are polling requests regarding which mario odyssey outfits to import, i would make a strong case for aviator and samurai making it over (**when you make the switch, of course)

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Not that you haven't already received requests, but if you are polling requests regarding which mario odyssey outfits to import, i would make a strong case for aviator and samurai making it over (**when you make the switch, of course)
I already asked people there opinion/favorite costumes on twitter. I have a certain few that I will be doing for my build. I asked just in case I am in the mood and decide to do some extra ones. samurai is a strongly liked costume, whether or not I make/import it depending on how much it clips with Mario animations.

HW Zelda Progress News! I didn't get to finish her because I spent too much time optimizing her default costume. I wasn't going to spend my whole weekend modding so I also watched some tv, movies, and played video games. Anyway, atm I have her to where she should be lagless with 3 just like HW Link. I am shooting for a release this weekend, with the extra time I have I am hoping to get her down to completely lagless or very little lag with 4. I have all of her costumes consistently placed over brawl Zelda skeleton and is about to rig them. Here's some screens of her costumes and expressions(different one for each).

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Hey everyone, forgot to post the update here. The Hyrule Warriors Zelda Pack and all of my other current mods are on hold, have a charging problem with my laptop. I tried getting a new battery but that wasn't the issue. So i have to try a new AC adapter(didn't see till now but it has a tear) and if that doesn't work then i will need a new powerboard. The hard drive and all of my files are safe and I have enough power to transfer some stuff to a usb before the battery runs out. I am currently borrowing another laptop so I will be doing some new mods until I can get my main laptop looked at.

I am also thinking of dropping the releasing everything at once into a build idea and will probably just release mods as I finish them. Will probably retexture everything in a certain style, add some new stuff(costumes & menu stuff), and then make a build out everything.

Last edited:

KillVearn

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, Today's update is pretty big, so only the default costumes are visible, all alternate costumes and p2 recolors are in spoiler.

Pokken Tournament Pikachu

Pokken Tournament Charizard

Pokken Tournament Lucario

Pokken Tournament Mewtwo

Just in case pics aren't visible or are messing up (lately my pics show as working/broken for me) the tweets are below

Pikachu: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG/status/929513033432469505
Charizard: (scroll down tweet for Pt. 2) https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG/status/929554991572021248
Lucario: (scroll down tweet for Pt. 2) https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG/status/929835960547921920
Mewtwo: (scroll down tweet for Pt. 2) https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG/status/929875498749980672
Hey guys, I have some updates.
first off is the logo for my build

It's pretty much just the English version of the JP version, still a WIP. I don't mind if you guys use it to test it out ingame and give feedback. Just don't upload it and claim as your own plz.

Next up are some Skins, First up is Link. I'll be giving him his BotW look.

BotW Link

Alternate Costumes in spoiler

Hooded Link

may end up makin the hood an entry thing and give him his BotW tunic for an alt instead.

Naked Link

Up Next is Sheik, She wasn't in BotW but I still decided to give her a BotW design

BotW Sheik

Alternate Costume in spoiler

OoT BotW Sheik

Sheik is pretty much the sheikah armor with sheik's mask armor.

The previous Fire Emblem skins I showcased will also be in my build. I have tons more stuff to show, Just decided to stop at sheik last weekend. Will post more stuff this weekend, I have a least 5 characters worth of work to show. If you follow my twitter you can see these things a day or hours earlier. That's where I will be posting stuff first. Here is the Link: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
i have a question those models are for smash wii u or for brawl and project m?

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Here's some Hyrule Warriors Zelda and Sheik News/Progress

These are the models from the 3DS(Legends version) but with the high res textures from the Wii U version. They are lagless or at least they should be. Poly count started off similar to the brawl models and all i did was add expressions. Hopefully the expressions didn't push them over, looks like the HW devs left the heads unoptimized for rigging to the face bones. So duplicating them pushed the poly count up. Believe it shouldn't affect gameplay since they are hidden until needed, but if they do cause even a tiny bit of lag i can easily update the mods with optimized heads/expressions.

Warrior Zelda

Ocarina of time warrior Zelda

Twilight Princess warrior Zelda

Skyward Sword warrior Zelda

Was planning and tried to have both released last weekend but i ended up falling behind and they didn't make the release. The rigs are still beta and i will work on completing them throughout the week.
As for sheik, i just finished all of the model work. Will begin the rigging process and post previews late tomorrow to early Wednesday.
I will also be importing Hyrule Warriors Ganon and updating Hyrule Warriors Link and his costumes with the optimized 3DS(Legends) models so that we can have lagless versions of them too.​

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice

These are the models from the 3DS(Legends version) but with the high res textures from the Wii U version. They are lagless or at least they should be. Poly count started off similar to the brawl models and all i did was add expressions. Hopefully the expressions didn't push them over, looks like the HW devs left the heads unoptimized for rigging to the face bones. So duplicating them pushed the poly count up. Believe it shouldn't affect gameplay since they are hidden until needed, but if they do cause even a tiny bit of lag i can easily update the mods with optimized heads/expressions.

Warrior Zelda

Was planning and tried to have both released last weekend but i ended up falling behind and they didn't make the release. The rigs are still beta and i will work on completing them throughout the week.
As for sheik, i just finished all of the model work. Will begin the rigging process and post previews late tomorrow to early Wednesday.
I will also be importing Hyrule Warriors Ganon and updating Hyrule Warriors Link and his costumes with the optimized 3DS(Legends) models so that we can have lagless versions of them too.​
strong stuff, looking awesome

KillVearn

Smash Rookie

Warrior Zelda

good luck bro, you're so fu...... awesome, i will wait for those mods :D

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
strong stuff, looking awesome
good luck bro, you're so fu...... awesome, i will wait for those mods :D
thanks guys!

Will begin the rigging process for Sheik soon. Currently work on vertexing the neck area for both costumes. Brawl sheik doesn't really have a neck, that or HW sheik has too much neck. Hoping to have previews early in the morning, just depends on if i wake up early and want to get out of bed b4 having to get ready for work.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I have some sheik Progress! Expressions work fine, will have moving & FS eyes, Warriors as well as some custom recolors, and I did a beta/quick rig. Mainly need to touch up the rig for the scarf/neck area for both models.

Warriors Sheik

OoT Warriors Sheik

Last edited:

Agad117

Smash Rookie
I've been on the lookout for the HW Zelda mod for a while now. what you have so far is looking fantastic, Nice work!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
thanks! I just finished Sheik and I'm working on finishing Zelda during my short free time after work. Here's what's left for all of Zelda's costumes: Warrior Zelda I'm just working on her armor parts and dress/hip rigging touch-up, OoT Zelda I just need to work on dress rigging touch-up/vertexing(Legs clip with dress), TP Zelda is the same as OoT Zelda, SS Zelda I'm working on rigging the sailcloth properly and dress touch-up. After that i can importing them.

Here's Sheik Progress

Expressions, working eyes, final smash eyes, specular materials, and metal materials
Lag Free with four
Wii U version's textures (1024x1024)
Hyrule Warriors Sheik's Hero of Time alt
Hyrule Warriors + (WIP)custom recolors​

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
hey everyone!! iwantgames has a poll up on his twitter (https://twitter.com/iwantgames_iwg?lang=en shameless plug!!) for what project will be approached following the release of HW Zelda and Sheik!!! Go vote within the next 12 hours for Mario Odyssey content, Sonic content, or Metroid content!

Iwantgames, i do NOT have a twitter account so if youre seeing this and its not too late, my vote is for the mario odyssey content!! we have had so much more content for samus and sonic than for mario and bowser. that and the odyssey skins are AMAZINGGGGG

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
hey everyone!! iwantgames has a poll up on his twitter (https://twitter.com/iwantgames_iwg?lang=en shameless plug!!) for what project will be approached following the release of HW Zelda and Sheik!!! Go vote within the next 12 hours for Mario Odyssey content, Sonic content, or Metroid content!

Iwantgames, i do NOT have a twitter account so if youre seeing this and its not too late, my vote is for the mario odyssey content!! we have had so much more content for samus and sonic than for mario and bowser. that and the odyssey skins are AMAZINGGGGG
Thanks for the post, i forgot to post about the poll here.

I'll add 1 more to Odyssey after the final results are in. If anyone else doesn't have a twitter you can post below and let me know who you would like to vote for. 9 HOURS LEFT!

I will work on all options, will just prioritize the winner.

KillVearn

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the post, i forgot to post about the poll here.

I'll add 1 more to Odyssey after the final results are in. If anyone else doesn't have a twitter you can post below and let me know who you would like to vote for. 9 HOURS LEFT!

I will work on all options, will just prioritize the winner.
i think im dying for the wait of the zelda's costume pack :,)

Last edited:

KillVearn

Smash Rookie
lol. Gave her to three different people to test on Wii and/or Wii U and Dolphin, just waiting to hear back from them so i can Release her and Sheik.
don't worry i just joking with you, i can wait XD all the time on the world

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
*heavy breathing
lol

don't worry i just joking with you, i can wait XD all the time on the world
oh, no I know. I was just giving you and everyone else an update since you posted.

The 3 people who i gave the mods to have been busy so they haven't gotten around to testing Zelda. While i wait i decided to do custom/matching recolors for Zelda/Sheik. If I finish when they report back i'll include them, if not then i'll just release the HW colors and release my custom ones with the alts.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Hey guys! new poll is up. Metroid won the poll, now i'm just polling to see where you guys would like to see where the mods will come from first. There's three installments to choose from: Prime, Other M, and Samus Returns. If you need help voting feel free to ask me what will be done for each installment. Here is Twitter link: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG/status/970526358429487105

Been working on Zelda to try and get her to use 1024x textures for both her diffuse and spec textures(Warrior version). Unfortunately i can only do one, so the diffuse will be at 1024x while the spec will be at 512x. Just need to finish up Sheik's team recolors and do Zelda's. Only Progress i has to show atm is Sheik's beta team colors, nothing really changed with the models.

Top Bottom