• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've made a list of Marth's TRUE combos

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I can see that comboing but they can air dodge hitstun cancel of course since a good 45-47 frames will pass between Uairs.

DariusM27

Smash Ace
I can see that comboing but they can air dodge hitstun cancel of course since a good 45-47 frames will pass between Uairs.
Yeah, they'd need to decide if they want to airdodge. If they do, it's a free follow up - might even string into a Dair if they airdodge at a lower %, or Bair at higher%.
If they don't airdodge though, the fast Uair will probably catch them in perfect tipper range.

In some sets with a friend yesterday, I found that the number of times someone stands in place is almost zero, compared to the amount of time they are running, crouching, rolling, or jumping. I could see this string landing on a spot dodge or roll punish, but that's about it.

Oxi-Clean

Smash Rookie
EDIT: Yes, it does show them as true combos in Training Mode's combo counter

All combos were tested on Cptn Falcon on a flat stage in training mode. Please keep in mind that hit% will vary from character, character weight, height, execution, timing and how the opponent is hit (close, far, in the air ecc). This is a guide to give players a general idea of what true combos are possible and/or useful, if i missed something or you think something is off/wrong, please feel free to correct me. Hopefully you'll find this list useful.

Key for reading:
Bold green: probably useful
Bold red: you need to know this
All else: probably not so useful

Marth true combos:

(Faling) Uair to…

• Uair + Fsmash from 20% to 50% (after 50% Fsmash easy tippers)
  • Uair (tipper) + Fsmash from 13% to 33%, from 29 to 33% Uair (tipper) + Fmash (tipper) guaranteed
  • Uair + Fsmash (tipper) from 42% to 50% CAN KILL EARLY AS 45% (still possible till 59% but more trickier)
  • Uair + Utilt from 5% (3% with tipper) to 75% (after 58% easy tipper)
  • Uair + UpB from 3% (4% with tipper) to 130% (NOT SAFE)
  • Uair + Dtilt from 3% to 30%
  • Uair + Grab (may be possible, needs testing with human player)
  • Uair + Grab + Bair (may be possible, % needs testing with human player)
  • Uair + Jab (first hit) from 4% to 55%
  • Uair + Ftilt from 17% (11% to 37% with tipper) to 63% (easy tipper after 50%)
  • Uair + (jump)Dair at 60% (tipper but no meteor)
  • Uair + Fair from 26% (tricky) to 110% (after 80% DJ + easy tipper)
  • Uair (tipper) + Fair from 20% to 60% (from 50% easy double tipper), good set up to follow with other stuff (UpB ecc)
  • Uair + Nair from 40% to 91% (after 75% DJ otherwise 2 hit combo)
  • Uair (tipper) + Nair from 25% to 50% (for 3 hits)
  • Uair (end) + Bair from 30% to 113% (from 96% easy tipper CAN KILL, DJ from 105%)
  • Uair + SideB from 45% to 100% (DJ from 90%), please note that it’ll hardly (if ever) end with a full sideB, might be good for set ups/mind games
  • Uair + Dsmash from 4% to 30%

Nair to…(first hit)

• Nair + Utilt from 115% (last possible frame) to +200% (not a kill move)
  • Nair + Grab (may be possible, needs testing with human player, if yes, it’s a kill move with upthrow)
  • Nair + Dsmash from 120% to 190%

Grab to…

• Dthrow + Bair/Uair (needs testing with human player)

Honorable mentions (no true combos):

Fair (NO tipper) + Dair (spike) from 60% to 67%

Fair + Fair

Utilt + grab 20%

I've already answered some concerns/questions on reddit. Check it out as it may already answer to some of your doubts.[/
Really? That's awesome. Never noticed that in all my games yet! Thanks.
i was playing a fox cpu and i think i found a new true combo Bair (tipper) to tipper forward smash

P-J

Smash Rookie
So, Sh Db1 true combos into double jump Dolphin Slash, at higher percents. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeaUkBSFyHo

Jab to DS true combos Sheik starting at 60ish%.

Perhaps these options could cover certain situations more optimally.
This is really cool.

How do you have your controls set up? I used to have L to jump so sh-db1 would be easy, but switched it back to shield so I could do sh-dodge-uair. I've tried doing the second combo using R (still shield), but it's extremely uncomfortable and my success rate with it is >50%. Using L for air-dodging is way easier for me, but I shield with R. Just looking for suggestions.

Arrepex

Smash Rookie
I know it isn't exactly USEFUL, but you can true combo
falling Uair into UpB. It can be performed from 0% to 84% reliably. at around 112% it stops working altogether, though at this percent you're more likely to kill with only an UpB
If the falling Uair is tippered, it works from 0% to 72% reliably. at around 81% it stops working.

Last edited:
Top Bottom