• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've made a list of Marth's TRUE combos

Skull_Kid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sentenza_55
EDIT: Yes, it does show them as true combos in Training Mode's combo counter

All combos were tested on Cptn Falcon on a flat stage in training mode. Please keep in mind that hit% will vary from character, character weight, height, execution, timing and how the opponent is hit (close, far, in the air ecc). This is a guide to give players a general idea of what true combos are possible and/or useful, if i missed something or you think something is off/wrong, please feel free to correct me. Hopefully you'll find this list useful.

Key for reading:
Bold green: probably useful
Bold red: you need to know this
All else: probably not so useful

Marth true combos:

(Faling) Uair to…

• Uair + Fsmash from 20% to 50% (after 50% Fsmash easy tippers)
  • Uair (tipper) + Fsmash from 13% to 33%, from 29 to 33% Uair (tipper) + Fmash (tipper) guaranteed
  • Uair + Fsmash (tipper) from 42% to 50% CAN KILL EARLY AS 45% (still possible till 59% but more trickier)
  • Uair + Utilt from 5% (3% with tipper) to 75% (after 58% easy tipper)
  • Uair + UpB from 3% (4% with tipper) to 130% (NOT SAFE)
  • Uair + Dtilt from 3% to 30%
  • Uair + Grab (may be possible, needs testing with human player)
  • Uair + Grab + Bair (may be possible, % needs testing with human player)
  • Uair + Jab (first hit) from 4% to 55%
  • Uair + Ftilt from 17% (11% to 37% with tipper) to 63% (easy tipper after 50%)
  • Uair + (jump)Dair at 60% (tipper but no meteor)
  • Uair + Fair from 26% (tricky) to 110% (after 80% DJ + easy tipper)
  • Uair (tipper) + Fair from 20% to 60% (from 50% easy double tipper), good set up to follow with other stuff (UpB ecc)
  • Uair + Nair from 40% to 91% (after 75% DJ otherwise 2 hit combo)
  • Uair (tipper) + Nair from 25% to 50% (for 3 hits)
  • Uair (end) + Bair from 30% to 113% (from 96% easy tipper CAN KILL, DJ from 105%)
  • Uair + SideB from 45% to 100% (DJ from 90%), please note that it’ll hardly (if ever) end with a full sideB, might be good for set ups/mind games
  • Uair + Dsmash from 4% to 30%

Nair to…(first hit)

• Nair + Utilt from 115% (last possible frame) to +200% (not a kill move)
  • Nair + Grab (may be possible, needs testing with human player, if yes, it’s a kill move with upthrow)
  • Nair + Dsmash from 120% to 190%

Grab to…

• Dthrow + Bair/Uair (needs testing with human player)

Honorable mentions (no true combos):

Fair (NO tipper) + Dair (spike) from 60% to 67%

Fair + Fair

Utilt + grab 20%

I've already answered some concerns/questions on reddit. Check it out as it may already answer to some of your doubts.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Hey @ Skull_Kid Skull_Kid ! First of all, I merged your posts. Be careful with double posting as it is against the Smashboards Terms of Service and Rules. Secondly, thank you for compiling this list. I would like to point out that your U-air combos should specify that this is a falling U-air as to not cause confusion. It would also be good if you would present the data in a table format, it's not that you need to do it this way just a suggestion. For example, I had written about two falling U-air combos previously. Performed against Mario in my case; this was patch 1.03 if I'm not mistaken so percentages may have changed:

Falling U-air -> U-Tilt:
Character | Start Percent | End Percent
Marth (No Tipper) |
0​
|
56​
Marth (Tipper) |
0​
|
36?​
Lucina |
0​
|
45?​
Falling U-air -> Jab 1:
Character | Start Percent | End Percent
Marth (No Tipper) |
0​
|
40?​
Marth (Tipper) |
0​
|
23​
Lucina |
0​
|
30​
If someone is able to verify the combos in the list @ Skull_Kid Skull_Kid has compiled that would be great. That would solidify the data even more :) (I'm from a science background so peer reviewing is something I like to endorse.)

Also, @ Skull_Kid Skull_Kid , I believe the Nair combos involve only the first hit of the Nair correct? If so you should also specify that in your post.

Last edited:

Skull_Kid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sentenza_55
Sorry for the double post! I'll fix everything tomorrow ASAP. It's pretty late here! Thanks for the tips ecc.

LyonDRC

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LyonDRC
I can confirm that Nair to Grab works. I don't know the exact timing and percentages but I've used it before against human players. It probably can be DI'd though.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Non tipped Uair>Tippered USmash is a true combo. On Marth/Lucina, the tipper will connect somewhere around 50-60%. I haven't tried this in a while so my memory is a little fuzzy.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention that this can potentially kill if they don't see the Usmash coming.

Last edited:

Snailtopus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JoeySnail
Awesome stuff, but I have so much trouble landing a falling uair in the first place. I find it easier to do when jumping through platforms like the ones on battlefield

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
One good way to score uairs is to use it as a punish tool. One good method jumping into first swing of dancing blade and immediately uair. If they shield the DB they usually let go of shield and get punished by the uair.

Skull_Kid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sentenza_55
I'm having some trouble in finding the tabs feature, can someone explain to me how to insert themt? That way I'll be able to improve the OP.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
(Faling) Uair to…

• Uair + Fsmash from 20% to 50% (after 50% Fsmash easy tippers)
  • Uair (tipper) + Fsmash from 13% to 33%, from 29 to 33% Uair (tipper) + Fmash (tipper) guaranteed
  • Uair + Fsmash (tipper) from 42% to 50% CAN KILL EARLY AS 45% (still possible till 59% but more trickier)
  • Uair + Utilt from 5% (3% with tipper) to 75% (after 58% easy tipper)
  • Uair + UpB from 3% (4% with tipper) to 130% (NOT SAFE)
  • Uair + Dtilt from 3% to 30%
  • Uair + Grab (may be possible, needs testing with human player)
  • Uair + Grab + Bair (may be possible, % needs testing with human player)
  • Uair + Jab (first hit) from 4% to 55%
  • Uair + Ftilt from 17% (11% to 37% with tipper) to 63% (easy tipper after 50%)
  • Uair + (jump)Dair at 60% (tipper but no meteor)
  • Uair + Fair from 26% (tricky) to 110% (after 80% DJ + easy tipper)
  • Uair (tipper) + Fair from 20% to 60% (from 50% easy double tipper), good set up to follow with other stuff (UpB ecc)
  • Uair + Nair from 40% to 91% (after 75% DJ otherwise 2 hit combo)
  • Uair (tipper) + Nair from 25% to 50% (for 3 hits)
  • Uair (end) + Bair from 30% to 113% (from 96% easy tipper CAN KILL, DJ from 105%)
  • Uair + SideB from 45% to 100% (DJ from 90%), please note that it’ll hardly (if ever) end with a full sideB, might be good for set ups/mind games
  • Uair + Dsmash from 4% to 30%

Nair to…(first hit)

• Nair + Utilt from 115% (last possible frame) to +200% (not a kill move)
  • Nair + Grab (may be possible, needs testing with human player, if yes, it’s a kill move with upthrow)
  • Nair + Dsmash from 120% to 190%

Grab to…

• Dthrow + Bair/Uair (needs testing with human player)

Honorable mentions (no true combos):

Fair (NO tipper) + Dair (spike) from 60% to 67%

Fair + Fair

Utilt + grab 20%

I've already answered some concerns/questions on reddit. Check it out as it may already answer to some of your doubts.
Good list here dude, but if I may, there's a few things I can add to and confirm for ya:

• UAir > DS (Up B) is safer at higher percents (around 50 - 70% and up depending on the weight). You rely on connecting the second hit to knock them far enough away that it cannot be retaliated from.
  • UAir > grab does work, but only at extremely low percents (from 0 - 30%). Its more advisable to go with the NAir setup instead, which is a bit more guaranteed. Also, this doesn't count as a true combo by the game's standards, and can be escaped - liked the NAIr > grab (but the timing is incredibly strict)
  • UAir > DB (Side B) is indeed a setup, but not a true combo by the game's standards. I was thinking of the link breaking up in the wrong section xD Yes, it does combo at 40 - 50%
  • UAir > FAir/NAir is questionably not a true combo by the game's standards, but I'll have to test it myself. Tested and it works xD it sounded questionable at first though
  • The NAir > somethings also are setups that are hard to escape, but not impossible by any means.
  • May also want to specify that UThrow's kill percent, which is at 150- 180% depending on whether you have rage or not.
  • Dthrow > BAir/UAir does work, but it depends on how the opponent DIs
  • UAir > DAir you may want to specify that you need a FH to connect it, as it will not from a SH unless the opponent is heavy
All the rest from your list I can confirm works, but as others have added, there are the considerations of DI, rage and whether you are Marth or Lucina will affect how well they work. But note that it is still hard to escape most if not all

Now for the additions:
  • Air DB1 > Air attack combos at 130% and up. If they fly too high up, you can still follow up by double jumping and it will still count as a combo. Particularly at 170% and up, it is possible to do DB1 > double jump > DB1 > UAir/DS (Up B) as a three hit combo
  • DThrow > DS (Up B) combos, though safest to do at high percents up till about 130-150%
  • UAir > Jab becomes a setup of sorts for followup damage, but it's banking on player hesitation. Just putting it out there that it's not entirely useless xD
  • UAir > full ground DB (Side B) is also possible at low percents, but it is usually ideal for heavy to mid weight characters.
  • UTilt (end) > DS (Up B) works as a true combo from 100 - 140%, even if you're forced to double jump on followup

These additions are from my guide xD but otherwise you've hit the ones I've covered. There are certainly a few that could be added to the guide that I missed from here however (Particularly UAir > FAir/BAir/DAir); if you don't mind, I'd like to add these to the guide and give credit to ya for these discoveries ^^

EDIT:
Man I've edited this post at least 5 - 6 times xD The wall of text continues

One good way to score uairs is to use it as a punish tool. One good method jumping into first swing of dancing blade and immediately uair. If they shield the DB they usually let go of shield and get punished by the uair.
The Air DB setup is nice, but not always guaranteed by any means. You will have to catch your opponent off guard with this, and most of the time people do wait and grab when you land xD (<-personal experience talking)

Non tipped Uair>Tippered USmash is a true combo. On Marth/Lucina, the tipper will connect somewhere around 50-60%. I haven't tried this in a while so my memory is a little fuzzy.
I can confirm for ya that it does work at around that percentage

I'm having some trouble in finding the tabs feature, can someone explain to me how to insert themt? That way I'll be able to improve the OP.
The closest you'll get I'd say is using the spoiler function, which can be typed in as follows:

[ spoiler ]

Text here

[ /spoiler ]

Just exclude the spaces between the [ and ] and you should be able to put them into their own little boxes for easier reading. Though you may be referring to something else entirely when you said Tabs, so hopefully this helps xD

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Fair to Fair does combo, I tried it during training over a month ago on King Dedede. Dedede was at the ledge, somewhere just above 100% and I hit him with a SH sour fair off stage into another fair. It showed true combo. Note, this only worked if I hit him with the end-ish of the first fair and the beginning-ish of the second fair.

Edit: Also wanted to mention Dair combos. If you have quick fingers, falling Dair spike can combo into uptilt, tipper upsmash, and upair. And obviously dolphin slash.

Last edited:

Skull_Kid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sentenza_55
Sorry if i don't reply often guys, but my job is, let's say...unconventional. From time to time i have to disappear for weeks.

The TaBuu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheTaBuu
3DS FC
3454-0444-5134
I think I remember pulling off untippered SH approached Fair > Tipper Fsmash
Probably not a true combo but it can definitely be pretty useful since the timing is very tight

Langston777

Smash Apprentice
NNID
langston777
I think I remember pulling off untippered SH approached Fair > Tipper Fsmash
Probably not a true combo but it can definitely be pretty useful since the timing is very tight
that happens when the opponent doesn't tech the ground bounce
so theoretically it's a combo but it IS escapable by throwing out a non lagging aerial before you land or teching

also i will add that fthrow > fair is a true combo on some characters at low %'s but can easily be DI'd out of.

yaaaaay

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
that happens when the opponent doesn't tech the ground bounce
so theoretically it's a combo but it IS escapable by throwing out a non lagging aerial before you land or teching

also i will add that fthrow > fair is a true combo on some characters at low %'s but can easily be DI'd out of.

yaaaaay
It only combos when when you move really quick, full hop, and they DI-in because they are expecting to DI down throw. And I'd say nothing more than 20% damage. It's probably more helpful to attack after waiting for the air dodge. Down throw is like this too, whether it combos just seems to be very inconsistent.

Last edited:

Novaseer

Smash Cadet
U-throw > Dolphin Slash combos against Mario at 13-28%

Last edited:

THRILLBURN

Smash Rookie
Fair to Fair does combo, I tried it during training over a month ago on King Dedede. Dedede was at the ledge, somewhere just above 100% and I hit him with a SH sour fair off stage into another fair. It showed true combo. Note, this only worked if I hit him with the end-ish of the first fair and the beginning-ish of the second fair.

Edit: Also wanted to mention Dair combos. If you have quick fingers, falling Dair spike can combo into uptilt, tipper upsmash, and upair. And obviously dolphin slash.
Near ledge around 60% (haven't tested much) late SHFF uair can combo into ken combo, depending if they air dodge the dair but you can wait it out.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Near ledge around 60% (haven't tested much) late SHFF uair can combo into ken combo, depending if they air dodge the dair but you can wait it out.
This would be considered a string, not a combo. The Ken Combo is not a true combo in Smash 4.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Yeah, I mean I know a lot of things combo from falling up airs but dair spike is frame 11 and you have to be able to get directly above them before hitstun ends. Waiting for the air dodge could work, but if they double jump or attack you (which they probably have plently of time to do) then nope.

Last edited:

THRILLBURN

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I mean I know a lot of things combo from falling up airs but dair spike is frame 11 and you have to be able to get directly above them before hitstun ends. Waiting for the air dodge could work, but if they double jump or attack you (which they probably have plently of time to do) then nope.
Yeah, his dair is kinda meh but i guess ill adapt to it. I was messing about online before and at high percents 90%+ f throw into fair can work if you commit, and often the hit stun ends as you get there, but disjointed hotboxes are pretty great too haha

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Yeah, his dair is kinda meh but i guess ill adapt to it. I was messing about online before and at high percents 90%+ f throw into fair can work if you commit, and often the hit stun ends as you get there, but disjointed hotboxes are pretty great too haha
Sour fair to dair spike still catches people off. I say, if you have the right set up, I don't see why you shouldn't go for it. Even if on stage.

Edit: Or other versions of Dair I guess.

Last edited:

Rewrite

Smash Apprentice
A while ago I made a posting about Marth's f-air to f-air beign a true combo. I did percentage and human testing. It seems a consistent true combo against humans towards the middle of the percentage range I listed. It may actually work at earlier percentages if they DI it, but I need human testing for that. You may find it here: http://smashboards.com/threads/marth-f-air-f-air-combo-mid-air-only-may-be-di-able.390704/

I discovered Marth's sour-spot f-air true combos into his damaging up-specials. it needs human testing though. Here's the post I made on it: http://smashboards.com/threads/sour...ash-true-combo-requires-human-testing.393070/

Last edited by a moderator:

Novaseer

Smash Cadet
I've seen the B-air/F-air into crescent slash combo discussed before, but I hadn't heard about dolphin slash. You can also combo any landing-canceled aerial but D-air into crescent slash as well. D-tilt and F-throw also work for CS.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227

A while ago I made a posting about Marth's f-air to f-air beign a true combo. I did percentage and human testing. It seems a consistent true combo against humans towards the middle of the percentage range I listed. It may actually work at earlier percentages if they DI it, but I need human testing for that. You may find it here: http://smashboards.com/threads/marth-f-air-f-air-combo-mid-air-only-may-be-di-able.390704/
I did mention this combo before but thank you for doing more extensive testing with it. I found that the end of fair into the beginning of the next fair are required for a true combo. If not, it helps.

-XTIAN-

Smash Rookie
NNID
x-XTIAN-x
a small addition that could be mentioned: at around 100-120%, a fast fall sour spoted Uair to double jump Uair tipper can easy kill. tested it against diddy and falcon, not sure how DI would affect it - would be good if anyone could experiment with and confirm it.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
a small addition that could be mentioned: at around 100-120%, a fast fall sour spoted Uair to double jump Uair tipper can easy kill. tested it against diddy and falcon, not sure how DI would affect it - would be good if anyone could experiment with and confirm it.
If they DI'ed away from Marth if would probably mess the Marth player up on this because sour Uair sends them at a 80* angle (tipper is 90*). But yeah not surprised this combos into kills. A lot of characters can pull of similar things.

I would like to say that Fthrow to Fair does combo without DI (or with bad DI) in training mode. I did not test which percents. But I finally went and checked the combo counter to see if the fthrow fair actually combos because I get it work all the time against human players.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
^^That was a long time ago so I'm not double posting ;)

But the very last slash of Nair will combo into Fair and Nair (and technically Uair if you can get it). It's really really hard to pull off, see because: with Nair, Marth slashes in front of him, then in front of him again, then behind him, then in front of him again..again (he does a 360). I'm talking about that last slash. It's tough.

But number-wise it makes sense: let's say it hits on frame 21 (at 20, Falchion might also be in front of Marth), he can input something 29 frames later according to Shaya's IASA data. So another Nair or a Fair hits 35 frames after that last hit of Nair hits.

If Fair to Fair combos (which it can, in 35-37 frame gaps), then this certainly does.

Since it's the very last hit of Nair (which appears to have less range than the second hit that commonly does the *ehm* hitting) this isn't practical, but hey, this is a thread about combos and this is one.

Last edited:

Rewrite

Smash Apprentice
Non-tippered Falling Up-air > Tippered F-air > Crescent Slash

OH BOY, HERE WE GO!

When done right, this combo will do 31% and will kill as early as 55%. It’s not as consistent as falling up-air to f-smash, but it’s hella stylish and deals a ton of damage. It requires practice, but once you get it it’s super rewarding. Also, it can kill as early as it’s starting percentages.

You have to catch your opponents at the tail-end of the falling Up-air and it can’t tipper. Once your up-air cancels you must immediately jump (short hop at lower percents) and immediately f-air. If you’re too slow it won’t tipper. Then you just Crescent Slash them and away they go. At higher percentages delay the f-air a little bit and double jump before using Crescent Slash. Also, once you jump you can’t let go of forward or it won’t true combo.

The second portion of this is no different from true combo-ing tippered f-air to Crescent Slash, except it’s easier to chain because the falling up-air spaces them for the tippered f-air perfectly. They can DI it down and away at higher percentages though.

Remember to be careful when using this combo near the edge or you won't make it back. If your right at the edge I suggest using the double f-air variant.

Against Lucina, a mid-weight character, training mode registers a true combo starting from 46% to 78%.

Tippered Falling Up-air > Tippered F-air > Crescent Slash

This one works the same as the non-tippered falling up-air variant, but can be done sooner and has a shorter percentage window of opportunity. The jump must always be a full-hop followed by an immediate f-air. It’s also harder to pull off. The percentage window is also small.

What makes this combo so great is that if you perform it at an earlier percentage it will place your opponent in the percentage range for the non-tippered, up-air variant.

Against Lucina, a mid-weight character, training mode registers a true combo starting from 40% to 50%.

I should also mention that instead of f-air, these combos work with b-air if they DI the falling up-air behind you. With b-air the percentage range increases a bit.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Thank you for connecting the dots and including percentage.

Some Marth stuff:

SHFF Uair (non tip) > SHFF Nair > Jab is a true combo. Tested on Zelda at around 14%. SH Nair > Tipper F-smash also true combos, easily from a ledge hop. Also on Zelda.

SHFF Fair > Dancing blade is a true combo, timing is just more strict.

Tipper First hit Nair leads into a lot of set ups, and maybe some true combos. I'll test this out later.

Rewrite

Smash Apprentice
F-throw --> F-air / B-air / Dolphin Slash

You have to dash forward as soon as Marth recovers from his d-throw animation, jump as you're about to reach them, and put out the f-air immediately. Most characters will require a full jump instead of a short hop to hit at all percentages. If they DI away it won't work, but if they DI up and in it's pretty much free on a really short dash and full hop.

Dolphin Slash must be performed on the ground. It's generally useless though since it doesn't work as long and is difficult to tip on reflex to an opponent's DI.

There are also a few characters whom I've been unable to get it to work on. They include Luigi, Bowser, Ganondorf, Samus, Palutena, King Dedede, Charizard, and Villager.

It doesn't work against characters whom are both heavy and fast-fallers as well as the weird weight & fall speed combinations of Luigi, Samus, and Villager.

All of the following was tested against Lucina in training mode unless stated otherwise. Lucina is used because she is in the dead middle weight class and has a large hit-box. None of these percentage ranges account for an opponent's DI.

F-throw --> F-air registers a true combo until 67%.

F-throw --> B-air registers a true combo until 15%.

F-throw --> Dolphin Slash registers a true combo until 51%.

D-throw --> Dolphin Slash
All of the following was tested against Lucina in training mode unless stated otherwise. Lucina is used because she is in the dead middle weight class and has a large hit-box. None of these percentage ranges account for an opponent's DI.

D-Throw --> Dolphin Slash registers as a true combo until 164%.

Good luck tipping it.

Last edited:

Rewrite

Smash Apprentice
@ Rewrite Rewrite , be wary of double posts as it's against Smashboards Terms of Service. Use the edit function next time.

:227:
I was confused as to what you meant by double post, but then I realized you merged my f-throw post with the d-throw --> Dolphin Slash post. Duly noted.

Another question: If people are too add combos to this thread, are they to always edit one of their previous posts or was the issue I had two back to back posts on this thread?

Last edited:

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I was confused as to what you meant by double post, but then I realized you merged my f-throw post with the d-throw --> Dolphin Slash post. Duly noted.

Another question: If people are too add combos to this thread, are they to always edit one of their previous posts or was the issue I had two back to back posts on this thread?
Double posting only refers to posting back to back, as those two posts could have been combined to one with the use of the edit button, without causing any inconvenience while reading it. Double posting essentially generates extra posts in a thread, wasting space and basically creating spam. There are places where double posting is allowed, but those forums are exceptions and are typically self-evident.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
I believe jab 1 combos with Dancing Blade at early percentages when the opponent is in the air, and even at around 60% when untipped to characters like Fox. I don't believe you can avoid it, but if you can please tell me. :)

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Bair to Fair is a combo

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Could you explain this a bit more? Maybe a video if possible. Chaining fair to bair doesn't sound right.
Bair to fair not fair to bair btw.

Fair to fair works. Correct? Fair is frame 6-8, ends at 37. Bair is 7-11, ends at 39. If you count the frames in the between doing Bair to fair and fair to fair they are about the same difference. Especially if you get the end-ish of Bair to the beginning-ish of Fair. With that said I short hop sour Baired Lucario at late 60s to early 70s % randomly in training mode and did an off-stage tipper fair and it said combo 2. That's all I got the chance of testing as I was doing other things in training. But I already knew it worked at very strict percents due to the logic above (and basically Marth needs to move fast enough in the air for the fair to reach, so the bair needs to do just the right amount of knockback. Too much or too little it doesnt technically combo).

Last edited:

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Bair to fair not fair to bair btw.

Fair to fair works correct? Fair is frame 6-8, ends at 37. Bair is 7-11, ends at 39. If you count the frames in the between doing Bair to fair and fair to fair they are about the same difference. Especially if you get the end-ish of Bair to the beginning-ish of Fair. With that said I short hop sour Baired Lucario at late 60s to early 70s % randomly in training mode and did an off-stage tipper fair and it said combo 2. That's all I got the chance of testing as I was doing other things in training. But I already knew it worked at very strict percents due to the logic above (and basically Marth needs to move fast enough in the air for the fair to reach, so the bair needs to do just the right amount of knockback. Too much or too little it doesnt technically combo).
That's not quite what I mean. Just how would you combo the two? Bair send the opponent backwards, and fair hits in front of Marth. Am I missing something?

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
That's not quite what I mean. Just how would you combo the two? Bair send the opponent backwards, and fair hits in front of Marth. Am I missing something?
Bair turns Marth around. It's very unique

Top Bottom