• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've got a mission for all of us Falcos.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Go out and ask your smasher friends what the most annoying thing about fighting Falco is.

The aim of this is to make us realize what intimidates the other players the most in order to incorporate a more dynamic style of game play by utilizing our best/most irritating options.

I will put the results up here but I will not list a response more than once. I will keep a tally of each item equal to the amount of times it is listed/brought up.

Get to it Falcos.

Jab->2Jab->3Jab, when not DI-ed

Chain grab->?

Mutiple buffered Spot Dodges->?

Jab-> Grab

Jab/2jab-> Grab

Jab/2jab->Ftilt

Short hop fast fall-> Grab (Love this example, this is what I'm talking about.)

Spot Dodge->Buffered Jabs(3 frame punish window)

Firebird delayed recoveries

Alternating between SHDL + SHSide B and grounded lasers.

Dair-> Dair (low percentages)

Nair---> Tech read BDacus. (DI dependent)

Walk up and grab.

Retreating Bair.

Don't get me wrong. I do believe movement and positioning is greater than the option you choose to use seeing as those set the options up, however, knowing more options will allow us to take advantage of more situations when they're presented.
Please don't think this is only (Attack->attack) I want to see some creativity with movement, even if it's something like Roll into them-> Roll into them again-> Grab.

AAA at a lower level. Mostly due to a lack of knowledge on SDI or practicing SDI on reaction. They feel like they cannot punish it at all and often times get punished for trying to punish it after getting out.

This feels all a bit too player specific to be of much use. But I guess it could be useful to think about tactics to use in a match as a checklist. Quickly gauge what they can and cannot deal with, then abuse it.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Always have said "If someone finds it annoying, you're doing something right".

Laser camp/ running away the entire match.
Chain Grab.
Jab.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Good examples but try to be really specific. Having a lot of very specific examples are better than having a few general sweeping ideas.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I asked a few and gathered that his fast and generally safe jab annoys people. It's a quick blow and we can do so much out of it (like chaingrab - second most common answer).

I tried asking for more details but that's all I got really haha.

Nice ideer.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Dacus is annoying to be hit by when you play against Falco.
Also Dair at low damages -> Dair again.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Oh um...

Falco's Up B is so annoying! It like stalls and I always try to punish the side B and get hit by that firebird cause like its sooo gooooood.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Oh um...

Falco's Up B is so annoying! It like stalls and I always try to punish the side B and get hit by that firebird cause like its sooo gooooood.
Can't tell if serious, but I'll add it anyways because I do it sometimes. xD

DUB

Smash Lord
Jab-->Jab-->Spotdoge-->Roll-->Jab-->Spotdoge-->Spotdoge-->Reflector. Pretty sure this is an infinite.

Jab. Really a spaced jab because that move has deceptive range. So safe.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Are we actually going to discuss if the things that "annoy" our
obviously noob:troll:
playing buddies are actually good options? Or are we making a guide for "to be the very best troll Falco"?

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I'm looking to improve our game by sharing and figuring out Falco's best utilities to use in game while reminding all of us that Falco has more to offer than just what is in our heads.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
When they're on the right ledge of FD/ SV/ PS1/2 ( Neutral ) Laser camping from all the way on the other side seems to piss a lot of people off.

Also, making them chase you for the entire match is really annoying.

Chef Fox

Smash Apprentice
My crew thinks Falco's entire move set is annoying and cheap.
I don't. No one else likes his move set because they all have -3 matchups on Falco.

Put that on your list "Falco has a +3 on my character."

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
Showing off shdl into ftilt when it isn't necessary makes approaching the lasers more scary.

forward B into bair or dair

ledge lasers

edge guarding with fsmash (love it)

buffered random fsmash out of air dodge

sometimes I troll with laser facing away from my opponent when I'm up one or two stocks and they don't attempt to approach all match..

Top Bottom