• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"It'sa Mario Time"- Mario SSB5 Combo and Tech Sharing Thread

Muramishi

Smash Rookie
Lets'a Go!

How does Mario stack up in Ultimate? Share any combos, techs, or information about the Mushroom Kingdoms Hero here.

Up-Tilt may feel a bit nerfed at early percentages but the engine seems kind to Mario's mobility and overall potential. Here's a video showcasing a bit of what our favorite plumber can do:

Mr. Grabs

Smash Cadet
What are optimal follow ups for up throw and down throw respectively? The former seems better at low to mid percentages and the latter at higher percentages (70%+) but what specifically are you all using to follow your grabs with?

Oneiros5321

Smash Apprentice
I usually follow up throw into dair from 0 to 30%, seems to work most if not all the time.
For the down throw, following with short hop > u-air > mid jump > u-air > up B seems to be true from 45 to 55% (or something like that)

For heavy character, I just let my imagination going. Combos are pretty easy to get against those.

I've seen quite a lot of people using fast fall > nair as a combo starter but I'm not really good enough to get those. Seems a bit harder to pull off than grab starters.

Top Bottom