• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Outer Heaven - Kept You Waiting Huh?! Snake Social Thread

Who are The Patriots?

• Zero, Ocelot, Big Boss, EVA, Sigint, and Para-Medic

• La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
If Snake were to return I would like to see them add alternate skins based off of the snakes and his looks in other games or even other charatcers.

like for example just from the top of my head.

Default skin: Twin Snakes/Tanker chapter of MGS2
Skin 2: Naked Snake/Big Boss from MGS3
Skin 3: Old Snake from MGS4
Skin 4: Venom Snake from MGSV
Skin 5: PS1 Solid Snake
Skin 6: Peace Walker Big Boss
Skin 7: Raiden from MGS2
Skin 8: The Boss from MGS3

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, long time no see, just want to show you that Nintendo just recently announced that there will be a new Smash Bros, coming this year, and it will feature the Inklings. Let's hope Snake will return this time.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Here is the trailer for the game. Take a look.:

Last edited:

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
I love Snake, I want him to return, but I don't think its going to happen.
Konami isn't the same as it was back almost 10 years ago.

If he makes it in, I'd hope they leave him as he was in brawl, visual design at least.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
I love Snake, I want him to return, but I don't think its going to happen.
Konami isn't the same as it was back almost 10 years ago.

If he makes it in, I'd hope they leave him as he was in brawl, visual design at least.
Well who knows? We will have to wait and see about this.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
I know he probably not likely to return, but we can hope that he can make it back to Smash.:

I will never forget this hilarious cutscene from Brawl where Lucario found Snake.:

and also never forget these codecs.:

and this trailer.:

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
Why ya gotta break my heart with nostalgia?

Remember when Slippy was one of Snakes codec conversations?
That was awesome.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Let's not forget also these epic cutscenes.

Boy, I'm miss Snake so much. Hope he make it back somehow.

domriver

Smash Lord
Rooting for Solid Snake's return. Of course an updated version also those conversations he had with his team was pretty cool. Would be a nice thing to bring back.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
If they put Snake back, they can put anyone else in the game and it will just be the icing on the cake at that point.

Smash introduced me to Metal Gear and it became one of my favorite video game franchises. If Konami had any decency and dignity left in their bones, they'd allow Snake back.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If they put Snake back, they can put anyone else in the game and it will just be the icing on the cake at that point.

Smash introduced me to Metal Gear and it became one of my favorite video game franchises. If Konami had any decency and dignity left in their bones, they'd allow Snake back.
My thoughts exactly. All I need is Snake and I'm ready to go. Let's see how this new journey goes Diamond Dogs!

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
I hope he come back this time, maybe this battle will become true after all.

:4mario::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman: vs. :snake::4bayonetta::4ryu::4cloud:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Whenever a newcomer reveal happens that isn't Snake:

But really. I do hope we'll see him. Not as confident as I used to be, but do think a deal has a fair chance.

And nobody can deny he'd be perfect if Nintendo Labo gets some sort of stage.

D

Deleted member

Jeez this thread exploded.
Here's hoping we get him back.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Funny, I was just thinking the other day that I missed going on SmashBoards during the whole speculation period for Smash 3DS/WiiU. I tried staying afterwards but competitive Smash just isn't my thing. Then this Smash trailer comes along, reminds me of the emotion of Smash speculation, and I'm digging this account up out of the grave.

I'm strongly pro-Veterans-returning, even ahead of new characters since there aren't a ton of new characters I want in. -shrug- Except maybe K. Rool, just for his fans. Ah, that thread... the memories... Anyway Snake and Ice Climbers are at the top of my list, but since the Switch should not have any hardware restrictions, I hope we can count on seeing the Ice Climbers' return. That leaves Snake. Snake is a wild card since he's a third party character. Konami seems... better than it was 3 years ago, so that's a slight plus for us, but otherwise we're kind of just speculating blindly since none of us has access to the actual inside information on why there wasn't a Snake in Smash, lol. But we're all here for the blind speculation anyway so let's have some fun with it!

I've finished Twin Snakes since the last time and started MGS2. I really like this series but honestly it makes my anxiety so bad. Doesn't help that I've never used a PS3 controller for more than 3 seconds so I can't remember the button layout. I'm happy to be able to go through this great series, though. Bring on the Snake!

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Really hoping we won't have to wait too long to see the next batch of characters.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If there's a DLC period for this game like there was for Smash 4 then I think Snake might stand a good chance.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully Snake made it high on the ballot for WiiU and such data adds him this time.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think the ballot is Snake's best shot this time around, sadly. Konami is still being **** ups which means we'll have to be extra loud to get theirs and Nintendo's attention. I think we got this though. I have a feeling third parties are going to be a big deal this game. We can do this.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Snake’s Revenge for being Kicked Out of Smash

Hopefully he get back to Smash. I don’t know he likely to return, so we will see.

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
I'd just like to say they should definitely bring back Snake. But give him more taunts this time.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, just let you guys know today is the day Brawl become 10 years old. Brawl was out in the US on March 9. Man, time fly so fast. Good times playing that game and having Snake in the game.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Snake is my most wanted returning 3rd party veteran. I was very saddened when he didn't come back, not even as DLC, despite Kojima basically giving Sakurai the okay in an interview. I can only imagine the reason Sakurai couldn't put him back even back then was probably because Konami's internal chaos was just as terrible then as now. Plus, Kojima being entirely separate from Konami, and Metal Gear Survive's existence, don't really bode well for his chances imo.

But I'm still hoping for a miracle, somehow...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Snake? SNAKE?! SNAAAAAAAAAAKE !

My soul will never rest until my one true main returns. We're back in this together BROOOTHEEEERS.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I want to beleve that Snake has a chance. Bomberman R proved that Konami can still do great things when motivated. And if they reach to Konami in order to add Bomberman (which is quite likely), I don't see why they wouldn't try getting Snake in the meantime. He received a lot of votes in the Ballot...

Nonetheless, it's great to be back, comrades!

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Oh, yea, I remember that interview. Man, I miss Iwata and i'm sad he is no longer with us. He was a very nice guy.

So, anyway, I remembered that Sakurai mentioned Snake in a interview with Nomura about Cloud's Inclusion in Smash a few years ago. He say this.:

Sakurai:
Honestly, when we revealed Solid Snake for Brawl, I thought, “There’s no way we’ll be able to stage a bigger surprise than this.” But, as a creator, you just keep making more while trying to surprise and delight your audience as much as possible.

Source:https://sourcegaming.info/2016/01/21/sakuraixnomuraparttwo/

It's weird that he mentioned Snake, even though he never explained the real reason why he was cut. He also never explained why Wolf was cut. However, he did explained why the Ice Climbers were cut. He explained that they were supposed to be in the last game but were cut because the 3DS Version couldn't handle them.

So, yea, the Ice Climbers and Wolf are guaranteed to return and hopefully Snake can return too.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I am honestly surprised by the amount of people that believe Snake will return. The Konami circumstances were odd back during Smash 4's development. But since then, I have no idea why ANY developer would want to even vaguely associated with Konami. Do not get me wrong, I would love nothing more. I kept trying to convince myself it would happen last time despite my logic leaning the opposite direction. This time? I sort of put him in that Goku tier. I would love it, and I still go back to Brawl or Project M solely for Snake... But, like, seriously.

Oh, yea, I remember that interview. Man, I miss Iwata and i'm sad he is no longer with us. He was a very nice guy.

So, anyway, I remembered that Sakurai mentioned Snake in a interview with Nomura about Cloud's Inclusion in Smash a few years ago. He say this.:

Sakurai:
Honestly, when we revealed Solid Snake for Brawl, I thought, “There’s no way we’ll be able to stage a bigger surprise than this.” But, as a creator, you just keep making more while trying to surprise and delight your audience as much as possible.

Source:https://sourcegaming.info/2016/01/21/sakuraixnomuraparttwo/

It's weird that he mentioned Snake, even though he never explained the real reason why he was cut. He also never explained why Wolf was cut. However, he did explained why the Ice Climbers were cut. He explained that they were supposed to be in the last game but were cut because the 3DS Version couldn't handle them.

So, yea, the Ice Climbers and Wolf are guaranteed to return and hopefully Snake can return too.
To be completely fair, if he did manage to return, that, to me, would be a MUCH bigger surprise than Cloud. He could take that belt back.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Iwata, I'm glad he wasn't one of those petty businessman who wouldn't let Snake in Brawl just because it's more associated with Playstation. Iwata was a gamer and knew Sakurai had to make Snake an awesome fighter.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think Snake has a better shot now than last game, as strange as that sounds. Thinking about it though, the Nintendo barrel has become rather limited in newcomers. It’s one of the reasons I believe 3rd parties were so prevalent last game and why K. Rool and Ridley are more likely now than ever. Hopefully, corporate business won’t get in the way of fulfilling dreams.

On another note, seeing as how everything is coming to Switch at this point, when the hell are gonna get MGSV or an HD Collection?

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
I love Snake and I love Hideo Kojima and that is why I don't want Snake in Smash 5. The only way he could be added is if Nintendo makes a deal with Konami. Frankly, I would rather not have him then him be added without any input from Hideo Kojima.

Top Bottom