• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's pizza time - Peppino gives 'em the cold shoulder!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Let me preface this by saying I know it's a little too early in this game's development span for this sorta thing, but given how popular it's becoming every day I think there could (could, not will) be a time eventually where Peppino is a legitimate Smash contender, even if just for a Mii costume.

Peppino is the main protagonist of the upcoming Wario Land-inspired indie game, Pizza Tower created by Pizza Tower Guy. He is an overly anxious and angry pizza chef who destroys evil towers and fights The Noise (a not-so-subtle parody of a certain corporate mascot). I'd recommend watching the attached video and, if it appeals to you, trying out the SAGE 2019 demo, it's free! (through the final game won't be)

REASONS FOR PEPPINO TO JOIN SMASH:
His "squash and stretch" animation style, if done right, would be really unique compared to other Smash fighters
He would provide a "Wario Land Wario" alternative without having to change the real Wario's special moves
He has tons of moveset potential, he's already got LOTS of physical attacks, and many moves that could translate well into specials, like the super jump, ball form, wall run and shotgun.
His personality would smoothly contrast the other Smash fighters as we haven't seen a "cowardly" character in Smash yet. (the closest things probably being Luigi and Duck Hunt)
The music, the music, the music!
We could have a Smash character who does this.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Fangamer has revealed a set of Pizza Tower merchandise, including this adorably ugly Peppino plush toy. Here's hoping a Noise plush is made at some point!
0C5BF425-655B-4F94-845C-FDDF69AAB24F.jpeg

One thought I've had for a bit is what stage Peppino could bring along - I think bringing back vertical scrolling would be perfect for a Pizza Tower stage - specifically downwards scrolling. It'd begin with Pillar John getting destroyed and then have the fighters descend the collapsing tower, with destructable blocks blocking the path - should no fighter bother to destroy the blocks everyone could be KO'd at once!

Top Bottom