• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's Kinda Even...ish... The Meta Knight MU Database

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
This needs an update. :X

I wanna start the G&W MU thread and finally finish up B tier.

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
I was an oli main and i loved the Mk mu. But if you are having trouble with the mu bait the grab then dair/fair/bair his nose. He onky has 2 moves to defend that area up-b and up tilt(which is semi fast)

:phone:

juiey2

Smash Cadet
yoshi's a dragon, honey, read his trophy :/
-----
Anyways wario has a huge advantage against metaknight IMO because he doesen't get affected by the grab release THAT much (The tornado grab release doesen't knock wario back, just rack damage up), like if a metaknight grab releases him, what option does he have with that weak, easy SDIable up smash,20% damaging tornado with no killing potencial, and that poor vertical range down smash/forward smash anyways?(Wario will air dodge before touching the ground) the shuttle loop will lose power and will get ''**** di'ed (read wario's thread)''.

Wario can use tiers for anti-plank.

Since MK is feather-weight, uair can get him at 110% (Wario's principal aerial attack, used VERY frequently, high priority, limiting metaknight's to fight back since the tornado has a slow start up compared to an offensive uair leaving him with the option of just airdodge, work on that later).

Wario air-dodge is extreme. Won't get chain uaired or shuttle looped in the air.

Wario has super armor frames, and takes out MK at 90%(not fully charged), yes i did cited this, because MK needs to keep close range, otherwise he cannot attack him, duuh -.-

Disvantages:
The only disvantage that i SEE, is the tornado getting him every single time, racks 20-25% damage from wario at most of the times.
(you do not wanna be called b spammer).

Get ***** MK >.<​

C.J.

Smash Master
Low lag, long range, disjointed aerials > Wario

(btw, wario gets naired out of a grab release, which does up to 19 damage, and kills well. Fresh GSL kills very well also. At low percents, he can get uair strung into **** as well. Granted, none of that really matters since MK can't force an air release)

But yeah... Wario loses solidly.

EDIT: Even went and found a video for you! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIN_w3bRMLU

Keep in mind, that M2K really wasn't even playing the MU amazingly. He could have camped a lot harder making it even more impossible for reflex to get in on him. =/

Tesh

Smash Hero
What are all the things MK can do to Wario out of a grab release?
Shuttle loop, Tornado, Drill Rush, Uair, fair, bair, nair, usmash, utilt dair? Can he footstool or anything?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Not sure if he could D/F smash him (I mean, if Zamus can Dsmash, MK sure can).

In any case, the only way MK could force an AGR would be if Wario's feet are out of the platform.
If onstage, I'd try to get the most damage (Nair or maybe Nado)
If it's offstage, just AerialShuttleLoop and kill him.

TKD

Smash Lord
I wall Wario like there's no tomorrow. But it's like, a marching wall...not a retreating one that's scared and ends up at the ledge or you'll spend all your ledge grabs.

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
I wall Wario like there's no tomorrow. But it's like, a marching wall...not a retreating one that's scared and ends up at the ledge or you'll spend all your ledge grabs.
How you deal with the fart?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
watch the timer know when he has it and then make sure you stay super safe until its fully charged. it kills later, and comes out on frame 10 instead of frame 5 iirc so it be becomes easier to wall out and expect/react to (from memory on the frame data but its definitely slower feel free to check me on that though).

once its fully charged he will probably get greedy when you have fresh stocks also, since if it hits its a ****load of damage, and if it doesnt he can just try and hit you with a newly charged one

TKD

Smash Lord
the best wario in mexico just predicts your moves and super armor farts through them (fully charged has twice the start-up but it's made entirely of super armor). so you can't really do anything...the prediction is hard though, so just mix up the timing of your moves a bit and you're set.

as for the regular fart, i try to go beast mode so he'll probably waste it or not have a chance to use it. also, i stall my recovery a bit if he just grabbed the ledge because he can drop down and fart you invincibly.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Pretty much not letting him use it is the key.
As in, be extremely careful with the timer, if he has a 1.30 minutes charge and more, don't let him approach from above... or below...

And yes, Waymas' readings are wonderful. It even looks like he can read your trippings.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Is it worth it to go camp the ledge or something when his fart is in it's deadly charge? Our best Wario is really really good at landing it and it's scary to die at 80%.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Is it worth it to go camp the ledge or something when his fart is in it's deadly charge? Our best Wario is really really good at landing it and it's scary to die at 80%.
It's not like his fart is gonna go away if you start planking

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I know, but it will turn in to the "less scary" fully charged waft that doesn't kill at 80%.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its worth it to avoid it however you can. Its fast and can kill you around 50% so its much better to leave him with the slower one thats easier to interrupt and can't be used above certain heights.

Although, don't get too complacent on the ledge, he can still get you down there if you aren't careful.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well has done some ballsy fully charged waft kills where we aims with Warios body instead for a kill. He pretty much considers a fully charged waft a waste and just uses it ASAP to get rid of it. If I could avoid the wafts, I think I could be pretty confident in winning that MU.

Tesh

Smash Hero
It can, I would do it for a double KO if it is worth :awesome:
When I said "can't" I guess I meant its rarely a smart thing to kill yourself with a low priority move that might not even hit/kill your opponent.

The super armor doesn't last for a long time and once he starts rising, anything can still interrupt him. As with any invincible/super armored move, you can't be predictable no matter how safe you think your spacing is. Just keep him guessing, every second he keeps that super fart is a second he isn't charging into one of the "better" ones.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
When I said "can't" I guess I meant its rarely a smart thing to kill yourself with a low priority move that might not even hit/kill your opponent.
And when I said ":awesome:" I meant you should take that sentence seriously.
Anyway, within some right conditions, like having a stock advantage and the opponent with high damage, it IS worth.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
And yes, Waymas' readings are wonderful. It even looks like he can read your trippings.
its more likely he just reads the initial dash that you can't shield during.... >_>

but regardless waymas doesn't impress me that much

You'd be safer just walling imo.....

Well has done some ballsy fully charged waft kills where we aims with Warios body instead for a kill. He pretty much considers a fully charged waft a waste and just uses it ASAP to get rid of it. If I could avoid the wafts, I think I could be pretty confident in winning that MU.
He sounds ******** if he just wastes moves like that LMAO.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
He doesn't just waste it like that. He just kinda forces it. He wants to just land it soon so he can start charging another one. He isn't literally just whiffing it on purpose.

TKD

Smash Lord
Before full charge it doesn't have super armor so you can just rush him so he's likely hit during start-up or whiffs it by trying to force it.

Top Bottom