• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's Kinda Even...ish... The Meta Knight MU Database

Neon X

Smash Apprentice
Sup guys. Im a Marth main and im now trying to submain MK. I can help in that MU.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Sup guys. Im a Marth main and im now trying to submain MK. I can help in that MU.
We're going to do MK (since we kinda skipped him) next, then Falco (we're on Snake and Diddy) and so on down the tier list. When Marth rolls around, I hope you help out! :)

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Sorry guys, I've been on vacation and away from internet. This is the first time I've gotten on, and can only be here for...five minutes. I haven't even checked facebook!!!!1!!!!

So yeah, I really will get this back on track, starting Sunday.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So I think Olimar vs MK is like 8-2 Olimar's favor.

If that seems a little skewed to one side, you're right, I am giving MK a lot of credit, but M2K did 3-stock brood in one game when he was sandbagging.

ODST01

Smash Rookie
i hate Olimar :(. I guess i just need to learn the MK vs Olimar mu more.

lilseph

Smash Ace
Well if we ever do move on past Diddy, i suggest we take a look at Marth or olimar next.

Olimar for obvious reason *cough* brood beat M2K *cough*. Marth because i frequently visit the Marth boards and they got the marth vs MK MU down. They know thier **** and i think we should to.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
LOL I played a Marth the other day. I had very little knowledge on the MU. Did you know Marth can Fthrow Utilt MK?

Then I started jumping and Marth got *****. He can't beat you in the air. xD

Side note: Does anyone have an android phone? When I was learning how to develop android apps I made a mini application that lets you select any character's name and it brings up a picture and possibly some text. Basically I created a potential "Matchup Database." I can add in a few useful posts and update it every time we finish a matchup.

If nobody has an android phone then I won't upload it, but if you want it then lemme know :p

Orion*

Smash Researcher
LOL I played a Marth the other day. I had very little knowledge on the MU. Did you know Marth can Fthrow Utilt MK?

Then I started jumping and Marth got *****. He can't beat you in the air. xD

Side note: Does anyone have an android phone? When I was learning how to develop android apps I made a mini application that lets you select any character's name and it brings up a picture and possibly some text. Basically I created a potential "Matchup Database." I can add in a few useful posts and update it every time we finish a matchup.

If nobody has an android phone then I won't upload it, but if you want it then lemme know :p
marth outspaces you in the air actually....

you **** marth off stage because of the risk reward ratio, and no character likes being under mk. but you juust "jumping" is asking you to get ***** by a good marth.

also, fthrow utilt is useless. much better to get the definite 20 damage from the tipper, but if the marth wants follow ups fthrow -> nair is a better option since it gives him more options assuming you dont sdi the nair

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Lol when I said "jumping" I didn't mean I just started jumping. xD

And obviously Marth outranges you, but I'm not proposing you challenge his Fair with yours. The point is to bait and punish.

And it was a "did you know."

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
K so marth i personally like to do the bait and punish trick , I think ou can hit marth with the tip of ur sword but its kinda risky since he can blade drance after.

Its better to stay a bit campy, also when marth is above u its pretty much gg for him since u can uair or do anything else.

Gimpin him is also the key you can dair him or dunno just dont get hit by his upb, since he still has his invincibilty frames on the air

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
We should redesign the first post so thats its like the luigis MU data base. Theres is really organized and it helps newcomers more to have the most important tips about the MU's along with a link to the MU thread so that they can find every thing else that was said in it for more info. I hope you consider this fellow MK mains.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
There needs to be a stickied thread that links to every single match up thread, even if the match up thread is not up to date. The time it takes to discuss everyone, the oldest thread will be outdated by the time the last one is made.

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Advice on this match up? and how exactly does the chain grab work? I'm having trouble ensuring that he releases in the air. and just general questions as well.

* What's the best way to approach him? Spacing the down air seems to work well.
* Gimping him, the thunder gives me trouble.
* How do you follow up the chain grab?

Is there a match up thread?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Pics are awesome. lawl
I maybe start next discussion thread within these days... Unless P4 don't allow me to =P

Top Bottom