• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

its important to brush your teeth

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Do you guys brush before or after breakfast? I always did it before but some people do it after apparently?

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys brush before or after breakfast? I always did it before but some people do it after apparently?
There's absolutely no point in doing it before. My mother does it, and I keep telling her how pointless it is if you're just going to need to clean them up after eating something. Not to mention, the mint flavour most toothpastes tend to have.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I brush my teeth once a day—and it’s right before I’m about to go to bed. I know I should be doing it twice a day, but I can’t really be bothered to brush my teeth in the morning.

Hell, sometimes I go a day without brushing my teeth at all because I’m too tired and sleepy to get out of bed and brush my teeth. I don’t even floss or use mouthwash either. Maybe for 2020 I’ll add that to my New Year’s Resolution or something.

You know, this is probably why I’ve always been single and have never kissed a girl before, hmm....

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
I brush my teeth once a day—and it’s right before I’m about to go to bed. I know I should be doing it twice a day, but I can’t really be bothered to brush my teeth in the morning.

Hell, sometimes I go a day without brushing my teeth at all because I’m too tired and sleepy to get out of bed and brush my teeth. I don’t even floss or use mouthwash either. Maybe for 2020 I’ll add that to my New Year’s Resolution or something.

You know, this is probably why I’ve always been single and have never kissed a girl before, hmm....
I can heavily relate with this, though it's not exactly up to public disclosure. I feel some people overreact to this, like it's somehow worse than not washing your hands after using the toilet (which I'm sure far, far more people don't do). I'm starting to floss once in a while, at least.

Actually, even when I'm tired and don't feel like brushing at night, I just remind myself I have an imaginary girl to kiss. :D That usually motivates me...mostly.

But yeah, I don't really plan on it being this way forever. I really want to keep my teeth, for as long as I can.

KingEzra123

Smash Cadet
wow so basically to keep them safe and clean

sometimes i forget to mainly because i have no toothpaste but i should ask any member of my lion pride for some when i run out right

GhostM

Phantom
It’s to keep them clean and fresh, not to forget that it removes the bacteria from the mouth that causes smell, although brushing by itself is not enough to keep your teeth clean. Flossing and mouth wash is also important to use after brushing, which also help keep your teeth feeling fresh and lessens bad breath.

I usually just brush before eating breakfast, since it would waste mouthwash and floss if I did it before eating. Usually do the mouthwash and floss right after breakfast, and the entire process again before I go to bed, since that’s also important to me as well. It’s pretty much just an instinct for me now, so I usually never forget to do it.

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
I usually just brush before eating breakfast.
I still can't see the point of that. That's like making your bed before going to sleep, or taking a shower before heading to the gym.

GhostM

Phantom
I still can't see the point of that. That's like making your bed before going to sleep, or taking a shower before heading to the gym.
Eh, I usually do it to get rid of that bad feeling that you normally get when you don’t brush. I can’t stand that feeling when eating food, since it makes me feel gross if I don’t do it before. That’s on me, but as long as you get the job done for brushing then it doesn’t really matter.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Usually after breakfast and before bed. Have been told by dentists not to brush too hard as it can cause your gums to recede.

My teeth have always been mostly white, though I did get two small cavities in college on my molars (never hurt but was told to get them filled anyway) and had to get a front tooth fixed due to enamel erosion. Will be using Sensodyne toothpaste from here on out.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
sometimes i forget to mainly because i have no toothpaste but i should ask any member of my lion pride for some when i run out right
I was following a post trail and came to this which really made me do a double take.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
You know that taste you get after brushing your teeth and drinking orange juice? I like it.

Seriously though, it makes sense to brush before eating. Plaque is nasty. Then floss and use mouthwash after eating. That is the Gale way.

Last edited:

KingEzra123

Smash Cadet
You know that taste you get after brushing your teeth and drinking orange juice? I like it.

Seriously though, it makes sense to brush before eating. Plaque is nasty. Then floss and use mouthwash after eating. That is the Gale way.
great idea that can help too

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
Hygiene is so important.

When you brush your teeth, you feel so fresh and clean; you feel like a million bucks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not having tooth problems when I'm older starts with brushing now.

Quin

Smash Rookie
Good hygiene boosts confidence plus self care is the best care. You’re only granted one body per life. Might as well take care of it to be the best you that you can be.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Bad breath and yellow teeth are INSTANT turnoffs for me, and I want as many dates as possible, so I brush every day.
Seriously. I knew a girl at karaoke that was beautiful, but her dental hygiene was putrid. She went from an 8 to a 3 instantly.
I'd vomit kissing her. :sick:

Top Bottom