• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's Hopeless

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
The match up is really tough and stupid no matter how you cut it, over the years it has gotten no easier and perhaps harder.
I want to see vids of your ROB if you have any.
Maybe he hasn't gotten better in your world but that's because this board really doesn't work on progressing ROB. We've tried to keep organized and prompt but people, even myself, seem to die and and/or forget about helping out altogether.
I bet 90% ROBs still stick to camping. Which you simply can't do against MK lolz.
Do you fsmash nados? Full hop bair them? B-rev to mis up recovery? I want to know what shuts you down in the MU because I'm really curious and perhaps I can help you with it. That is, if you even want to bother with it at all.

Drake12

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's terrible with the usual rulesets in place, but I said when they are banned. Read what I said before you start calling me out on it, lol.

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbnTVF_CgEA
Not sure if you're trying to justify your arguement or be lolzy. It definitally was lolzy, and janky. But a DK main against a huge pocket D3 is well...as you'd expect :p
I don't understand what I should be reading :/
What I'm saying is what you say could potentially be true...but name a community that doesn't have it banned :/
It's like saying IC against ________ isn't that bad when the IC chain grabs are banned.

Drake12

Smash Ace
I want to see vids of your ROB if you have any.
Maybe he hasn't gotten better in your world but that's because this board really doesn't work on progressing ROB. We've tried to keep organized and prompt but people, even myself, seem to die and and/or forget about helping out altogether.
I bet 90% ROBs still stick to camping. Which you simply can't do against MK lolz.
Do you fsmash nados? Full hop bair them? B-rev to mis up recovery? I want to know what shuts you down in the MU because I'm really curious and perhaps I can help you with it. That is, if you even want to bother with it at all.
I'll just show ya the whole example I was saying. Yeah, I hate the match up but tips would always be good.
I beat this guy here easily he is a very very good yoshi who was able to beat our whole comunity besides me...it's obvious that I'm the better player.

Also Check out 3:30-3:52 because it's a SICK combo video moment. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syFsD53iL20&list=FLvxJuVoysb7wH6KKitG6j1A&index=1&feature=plpp

The second time I fought him was in losers finals, again I was able to sweep his main...til he goes MK. I take full responsibilty for the stupid choice of goiing to LM, then I decided to screw it and go snake (Who I haven't practiced in the least.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7mW9clM1gA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuD0mBLwmTg&feature=related

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
A little bit of both. I mean, yeah, it's usually always unbanned, at least the small step, I'm just saying, it's not that bad without infinites.

Ook's the best though.

Drake12

Smash Ace
A little bit of both. I mean, yeah, it's usually always unbanned, at least the small step, I'm just saying, it's not that bad without infinites.

Ook's the best though.
But from as far as I know there isn't. I have yet to find a single place where the small step is even banned.
I just don't follow 'it's not that bad if he can't chain grab' to me it sounds like 'MK isn't that bad if he can't use nado.'
I know thats not your point, I just don't follow :p

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Well both were banned a while back in IL when I used to main Dedede, and I had to face Ook, so yeah, I know from experience, so I just wanted to point it out.

Drake12

Smash Ace
Well both were banned a while back in IL when I used to main Dedede, and I had to face Ook, so yeah, I know from experience, so I just wanted to point it out.
Alright, valid point I guess. Idk, I'm quick to disagree because DDD can always pick either delfino with a walkoff or FD. My friend also mains DK and finds it ********.
That being said your the DDD main, not me so what I say isn't that reliable since I main ROB and potentially snake.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Nah, my Dedede sucks now. I main Peach and ROB now. I've always mained ROB, Peach was my D3 replacement. Though I went pretty much all ROB at a tournament yesterday.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
I made it out of pools with 4th seed, top 4 made it out, there were 2 Snakes, 2 Olimars(one of them went Dedede games 2 and 3), a Kirby, and me, I went ROB against the Snakes except one game I went Peach but lost to both, I used Peach against the Olimar/Dedede and won, ROB against the other Olimar and lost game 3, and ROB against the Kirby and won. In bracket, I lost to a Falco, and then a ZSS. Tried Peach game 1 against the Falco, that MU is terrible and Peach can barely move, so went ROB and brought it to last hit game 3 after being down 174% to 0% last stock and almost got a clutch spike on him while he phantasm'd onto the stage, but he SDI'd onto the stage and barely lived. Then the ZSS, I brought that one to last hit game 3 as well, but couldn't get the final hit. I ended up getting 17th out of 33. It was an MK banned tournament, the Falco I fought first round usually plays MK, so I was happy about that. I wanted to use Peach more, but the MUs I had to play called for ROB more. Peach does better against ZSS, but I feel like I need a better offstage game to beat her, which my ROB has. Plus his glide toss is better, so getting an item piece does so much more for ROB than Peach, imo.

The main thing I took away from the tournament, is that my ROB is much better than my Peach in clutch situations, but that's probably because I've been playing him longer.

I'm muuuuuch more comfortable using Peach against MK. Being a smaller target and actually being able to airdodge while recovering high is amazing, among other advantages.

That ended up being more of a wall of text than I thought it would be.

Drake12

Smash Ace
No biggie, just curious on how all them ROB's do. You say you guys have MK banned, is this temp or permanent? From Illinois I assume?
I'm just curious because half of our community is trying so friggin hard to get him banned. We need that 66% and we have about 62%.
I always respect players who don't need that high tier. Fyi, peach statistically is supposed to have an easier time with falco then ROB, but whoever your best with ya gotta go with, right?
They seem like pretty hyped matches. I assume from how you were typing that you would've liked to place higher?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
This was the first IL MK banned tournament ever. I'd like it to be permanent, because it was like, 10x more fun than a normal tournament, but it probably won't be. I find the MU much harder as Peach for some reason, it must be my playstyle though, I'm in the air with her a lot, and I feel restricted when stuck on the ground. Plus, it's hard to react to phantasm with a FC nair when I can just leave a lasting bair hit box with ROB. I've heard mixed things about who is better for me, ROB or Peach. Some tell me Peach by far, but others tell me I should go back to all ROB, so idk. It's very MU dependent for me. The matches were so hype, way more hype than IL has gotten in a long time. I'm not upset with my placing, I was just hoping for top 10. And in doubles, my team was expected by a lot of people to get top 3, but I was playing so ****ing terrible, hitting my teammate a lot, killing him a few times, and random suicides, so we got dead last. I don't even know what happened either, we were practicing right before that and we were doing fine. But yeah, I got a lot of compliments from people in singles, and people are telling me I've improved a lot, so hopefully I can get top 10 next tournament.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Why DDD? Sorry, I'm totally out of the loop for smash, I'm only just getting back into it.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
More like FreeDD amirite?

But seriously I go Peach for DDD, **** that MU as ROB. You like need to time him out to win.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Not sure if I'd go Falco or Peach against a Dedede since they're both in my arsenal. Probably Peach just to avoid being chaingrabbed.

Or screw it I can totally outcamp a Dedede. :D

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Falco doesn't get CG'd, Peach does. Also Falco beats Dedede, Peach doesn't, it's just a better MU than ROB for me, since I only play ROB/Peach.

Definitely go Falco.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Peach is the lightest character Dedede can CG. Believe it or not, Falco is lighter, and Ness/Lucas are heavier, so he can CG them too. Falco's just a fast faller, so it seems like he's heavier.

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
Why DDD? Sorry, I'm totally out of the loop for smash, I'm only just getting back into it.
D3 Will go up because there is no Metaknight to stop him, and he fares well against numerous top tier characters, namely Snake, Wario, Marth, Lucario and others.
D3 UP = ROB and DK Down

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
D3 up means Diddy/Falco/Pikachu/Olimar up, which means blah blah blah goes up, so ROB probably isn't going anywhere. It's a never ending cycle, really, no one knows where anyone will go until the new metagame plays out.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Isn't Marth the lightest DDD can CG? Peach is heavier than Marth.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
R.O.B. isn't going anywhere since there will be more King Dededes. However, rather that than a bunch of Meta Knights. >_>

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
By the sounds of it, it looks like Dedede is really deserving of the title of "King"? I'm sure the guy has an exploitable weakness that R.O.B. can poke at. We just need to focus our attention to Dedede and some of R.O.B.'s other problem MUs, now that Meta Knight's been banished to The Void.

Drake12

Smash Ace
Nothing is more frustrating then when you outplay a character and still lose, thats what happened with me against a DDD and it friggin blows.
I truely believe that Rob will go upwards. Like frig, look at how he fares against the high tiers minus DDD. He is a potent opponent against marth, diddy, snake, falco (a discussion made it pretty clear that it's 55-45), IC's pika, the list goes on.
For that I believe he will go upwards, along with a few others like Toon link and lucario.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Metaknight never kept ROB from going upwards imo.

We have.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Dude, Eric, you keep saying that... Don't you realize it's possible for ROB to have multiple playstyles? Not everyone needs to play super aggro like you, and no one is holding him back. If anything, you insulting some ROB's playstyles is holding us back. You're making it seem like if you don't play aggro like you, you're an inferior ROB, and it's just not true. You need to embrace all playstyles, because everyone plays this game differently.

So please stop saying we're holding ROB back. I just feel insulted as a player every time you say that, because I don't play like you.

Not an angry post, just real talk.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Dude, Eric, you keep saying that... Don't you realize it's possible for ROB to have multiple playstyles? Not everyone needs to play super aggro like you, and no one is holding him back. If anything, you insulting some ROB's playstyles is holding us back. You're making it seem like if you don't play aggro like you, you're an inferior ROB, and it's just not true. You need to embrace all playstyles, because everyone plays this game differently.

So please stop saying we're holding ROB back. I just feel insulted as a player every time you say that, because I don't play like you.

Not an angry post, just real talk.
My apologies.

But I will continue saying it.
We are holding ROB back. We always have.
I'm not saying you have to play my style.
My style obviously doesn't work all the time either (which isn't as much as aggressive as it is opponent-adaptaion nowadays).
But what we've failed to do is truly explore our character and experiment. I feel like we fall back into the same old habits that we've done since the beginning; we've just simply polished them over time.

I don't mean to insult anyone. But the hard truth, the realest of all real talk, is ROBs don't place. And they probably never will until we undergo a dramatic change. We need to really beeping collaborate and not overlook anything. I feel overlooked all the time when I bring new ideas to the table (except from maybe t0mmy or berto). They may or may not be good ideas, but the least that I ask is we try them.

Though I don't place well (top 5 consistently), I have a very competitive mindset.
So why don't I play a different/"better" character? Because I really feel, deep down, that ROB has the potential to succeed. And I know that at some point or another we've all felt it too. And the thing is, I'll never let go of that feeling until either I see it in reality, or I some day put this game behind me (whenever that may be).

ROBs, I'm begging you, to get off your beepin bums, myself included, and let's do work...

for once.

<beepbeep3

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
I'll be repping FL hard on the 15th at a tourney where 8 of the 10 members on the PR will be there.

Also, good **** Mr. Eric.
Your onto something, and ROBs do place, just not where you want them to.

:phone:

Top Bottom