• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's Hopeless

T0MMY

Smash Master
3-stocking Meta Knights, no big deal.
Beating top MKs in tournament... much tougher... I still think it's the stage list that's screwing most of the characters over.
I believe the R.O.B. vs Meta Knight matchup to be closer to 50:50 than people might think. It's the 'nado that's an 80:20 matchup, lol.

sneakytako said:
MK's attacks have so little startup lag, so little ending lag, and have transcendent priority during his attacks. Seriously when am I supposed to attack this guy?
IN HIS SLEEP!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't say it's the nado at all that screws over the matchup lol

It's the off stage game. If ROB could airdodge in his upB it would be no where near as bad.

What video Fishy?

Also I have an awesome replay vs Rogue's MK that I need to upload soon. I played it like perfectly. Well, as perfect an aggressive ROB can be vs MK lol, but I demonstrated a ton of things that beat MK's options. Even though I played it perfect, I didn't 3 stock him lol, but almost did. Would have probably if Yoshi's didn't save him from the dunk I got on him.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Not 3 stocking MK, getting 3-stocked
I had to face ksizzle, an amazing MK from NJ, but unlike most, knows the ROB matchup better than any other MK. He gets to play with a crewmate practically everyday that mains ROB. I have to face him in tourney, and first match right away I already tell that I'm screwed. He knew how to punish everything ROB can do. He knew all of the moves I was going to do, all my options, and how to beat it at MK. I was completely hopeless. I got 3 stocked all in probably like a minute and a half. I have the video on my laptop, i'll try to have it tomorrow.
It's tomorrow =P

T0MMY

Smash Master
I wrecked erk's Meta Knight in crews last weekend. Everyone was goin' all nutz. I'm like... calm down, save that excitement for when I beat Jem next weekend. lulz.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
I wrecked erk's Meta Knight in crews last weekend. Everyone was goin' all nutz. I'm like... calm down, save that excitement for when I beat Jem next weekend. lulz.
LOL too good .

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I can't even count the amount of times I ran into a situation where I knew precisely what to do, but my d*** ROB didn't have a move to do anything about the situation.

THIS^ sums up brawl. SO MANY CHARACTERS do not have answers to SO MANY things. In melee, i NEVER felt that way.

Reading the first page, you've go hand it to stingers, he's like the candle that lights that bit of hope for ROB.

Xyro knows what I'm talking about. Don't you play Samus in Melee too?

I second Samus in Melee. Samus is like a clone of Mewtwo, except better. She has all her grapple and bomb shenanigans.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
And this is still R.O.B.'s worst MU, even two years later. Meta Knight really is impossible.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Tin, terrible news. Looks like I'm unintentionally flaking on cot5=[

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well, as some of you already know, I've changed mains to MK now because ROB just has too difficult a MU with many higher tiered characters, and his poor MK MU - a character who's very common in tournaments - doesn't help matters, so "fight fire with fire", I suppose. That said, I still use R.O.B. when the situation calls for it, but that's about it now. Still a strong secondary, but I use him less frequently now unless my opponent uses a character who I know R.O.B. can handle well. It's sad to say, but Brawl's physics really does hurt the little robot. Let's just hope Smash4 is much kinder to R.O.B..

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
The game really isn't that mean to him.
Most ROB mains seem to either be whiny or lazy.
Not saying that everyone who switches mains falls under this category, but if you really think that he doesn't have the potential to be that good, then you aren't giving him, the character you originally loved, the chance he deserves.
/hope

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
R.O.B.'s hardest MU really is Meta Knight (30:70 at best according to me) and MK is my most hated MU (I rather face a top pro King Dedede than a decent MK, I swear I promise). So ccst's R.O.B. has 10:90 against Meta Knight. Dx

([xx]

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Screw that, you guys should do I what I did and break 2 Wiis then quit altogether.

gogogo

Top Bottom