• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) It's from THE PEOPLE OF SMASH!

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay wtf? As of right now the Melee donations are at 25,000 EXACTLY. Is this just coincidence? Still got a +- 1500 lead on Skullgirls though!

Dax

Smash Journeyman
it's not, somebody put just $40 after it was at 24960. I had a couple of friends donate before and it reached 24960. There is no excuse for everyone who donated to not convince at least one friend, it all goes into fighting cancer in the end. :)
And by the way, such a little edge means absolutely nothing. Infact, I still think we risk to go under them soon if we don't step up in these last days.

Shimesaba

Smash Apprentice
Dax, I'm worried that you and your friends don't get it... There's no way we'll win this unless we maintain that 69 cents.

Just kidding dude. Thank you.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Dax, I'm worried that you and your friends don't get it... There's no way we'll win this unless we maintain that 69 cents.

Just kidding dude. Thank you.
as I wrote it wasn't any of us that put those 40 (.31) $ to reach 25k tho ;)

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Before I would offer my incentive, let me tell you about what I do for a hobby.

I am a Fan fiction writer of seven years, producing 22 unique stories that is readily available online. Though I primarily write in the Evangelion and Naruto fandoms, I will make an exception to get Melee into EVO.

Here is the deal, a donation of $20 will earn you a story of one to two thousand words in any fandom that is covered by Super Smash Bros. (I.E. a $20 donation will earn a story, in say, the Fire Emblem fandom)

A $30 donation will earn you a crossover story of one to two thousand words between any two fandoms that is covered by Super Smash Bros. (I.E. a $30 donation will earn you a story between, say, Pokemon and Mario)

A $50 donation will earn you a story (crossover or otherwise) of at least ten thousand words out of any fandom covered by Super Smash Bros.

You must PM me with the receipt of your donation AND the donation must be made during the stream. Please allow some time to get your stories written.

Ground Rules

1. I will not write any story that will have a boyXboy or girlXgirl, or in fandom, yaoi and yuri, pairings.

2. I will not write any story that features ManXPokemon love.

3. I will keep the story at PG-13.

4. I will not gender bend.

Observe these four rules, and we will get along fine.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
1. I will not write any story that will have a boyXboy or girlXgirl, or in fandom, yaoi and yuri, pairings.

2. I will not write any story that features ManXPokemon love.

3. I will keep the story at PG-13.

4. I will not gender bend.
THEN WHAT'S THE DAMN POINT?!? My idea contained ALL of these! :c

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
It is a combination of personal policy and the site policy where I will ultimately publish the stories. Sorry.

What I will do is write a R rated story that only contains language.

NNID
dansalvato
Note that SkullGirls has a final fundraiser on Thursday, so we should keep our wallets open after this fundraiser to make sure SG doesn't match us. They have a tactical advantage.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Jan 31st: SON GOKU will emerge from the hyperbolic time chamber only to find perfect form skullgirls running amok on the sacred world of kais. SON GOKU, channeling the money from the millions of meleers, brawlers, 64ers, Project Mers, and casual players drops a massive spirit money bomb with a power level of over 9,000 USD onto the tyrant known as skull girls. Protecting the balance of the fragile EVO universe.
That was a pretty nice DBZ analogy you made there

Scar

#HarveyDent
trying to get a sweet spirit bomb image for my stream background - if anyone wants to make one for me pls do :)

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I've got Steam keys for Portal, Dungeon Defenders, and Frozen Synapse (all top-tier games) I'm willing to contribute. What's the best way? I could offer them to the streamers as prizes during the Spirit Bomb, or I could just make my own thread, first-come, first-served like.

Revven

FrankerZ
It's really up to you what you want to do. You could ask Scar/prog about including them for Thursday as donation incentives, or you could do like you said, make your own thread and just make donation amount = what you get if you PM with receipt.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i got accepted into a research lab that focuses on (basal-like) breast cancer today

it's a sign that the melee community is gonna go hard on breast cancer :)

donate to evo so my superiors get more money :p

smashmachine

Smash Lord
i got accepted into a research lab that focuses on (basal-like) breast cancer today

it's a sign that the melee community is gonna go hard on breast cancer :)

donate to evo so my superiors get more money :p
>get your lab to donate money to melee
>your lab gets all the money back
ZING!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
if only it worked that way..........

my supervisor isn't on the BCRF list of funded researchers

and i doubt he will be anytime soon cuz he doesn't have a doctorate yet. i think he's still a grad student.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Gosh, we're up against some serious foes. Seems that Skullgirls has the support of the voice actors themselves for this donation, and their friends are pitching in as well. Actors such as Erin Fitzergerald and Kyle Hebert have tweeted about this on twitter. Heck, even Little Kuriboh has thrown some tweets down. We're fighting celebrity powers here, guys. It's going to take everything we have to win.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Gosh, we're up against some serious foes. Seems that Skullgirls has the support of the voice actors themselves for this donation, and their friends are pitching in as well. Actors such as Erin Fitzergand and Kyle Hebert have tweeted about this on twitter. Heck, even Little Kuriboh has thrown some tweets down. We're fighting celebrity powers here, guys. It's going to take everything we have to win.
i never will understand why nintendo wouldn't promote this game
if nothing else, for the exposure alone

Top Bottom