• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) It's from THE PEOPLE OF SMASH!

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Jan 31st: SON GOKU will emerge from the hyperbolic time chamber only to find perfect form skullgirls running amok on the sacred world of kais. SON GOKU, channeling the money from the millions of meleers, brawlers, 64ers, Project Mers, and casual players drops a massive spirit money bomb with a power level of over 9,000 USD onto the tyrant known as skull girls. Ensuring the balance of the EVO universe.
You gave me my next promo pic idea. I'm at school right now, so the next promo pic will come soon. Only on Toonami Smashboards!

Life

Smash Hero
Brian, this is totally offtopic but out of curiousity why do you have a 2009 join date and only seven posts?

As for me donating, I said I'd wait until the end to see if it were close....

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
I think it would be smartest to donate into scars or someones paypal and then unload those funds on the 31st as close to possible to the deadline to negate last minute sniping.

Tse

Smash Cadet
Brian, this is totally offtopic but out of curiousity why do you have a 2009 join date and only seven posts?

As for me donating, I said I'd wait until the end to see if it were close....
Lol, I've had an account from '07, but that was when I was a casual scrub who knew about wavedashing, but couldn't apply it to an actual fight. At the first tournament I went to in 2007 (a local) I got wrecked hard and quit melee. In 2012 i started watching vids of the new metagame, and I wanted to get back into smash, so I'm back in with better tech skill and a better grasp of the East Coast fundamentals thanks to warriorknight and other EC pros.

I was also a little kid back then :p

This donation drive is also making me realize how proud I am for our community's efforts.

zmx

Smash Lord
It is being scheduled to be closer... don't look at the topic title, look at its content.
It didn't at the time I posted. And Scar's topic also stated the 29th.

Anyway, all these DBZ references are getting me hyped.

Maybe Budokai 3 should be at Evo instead :troll:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer

Am I the only one who can't unsee the two eyes and a mouth located on Goku's neck?

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
SkullGirls is doing another donation drive on the 30th as well guys. We really need to pull out all the stops. Not just a spirit bomb but a SS2 Spirit Bomb.

Jan 31st: SON GOKU will emerge from the hyperbolic time chamber only to find perfect form skullgirls running amok on the sacred world of kais. SON GOKU, channeling the money from the millions of meleers, brawlers, 64ers, Project Mers, and casual players drops a massive spirit money bomb with a power level of over 9,000 USD onto the tyrant known as skull girls. Protecting the balance of the fragile EVO universe.
$9000 from millions of Smashers? Everyone's on average donating 1/10 of a penny?

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
We really need to get this organized with only a couple days left. The hype is higher with a more specific plan, and we need to have the time to make sure everyone is informed. I propose we just do the last night (Thursday) at 8 Pacific (til the end). That way it would act as a response to the Skullgirls stream drive. Coming from behind motivates people. If we do it early and take the lead Skullgirls will be more ready and motivated cause they have seen our hand. I know the time isn't convenient for everyone, but its the last night... Stay up a little extra or set an alarm to wake up for it. Also a MIOM or equivalent stream needs to be on for hype and chat purposes.

Anyway that's my 2 cents. The important thing is that details get finalized asap so we can finalize the hype.

:phone:

Atlus8

Smash Master
Yes, our last donation drive will most likely be taking place on Thursday! SG is also having their weekly stream that day and are looking for more people to match donations for that day! Also, it's worth keeping note that the previous matched donations haven't been donated yet!

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Yes, our last donation drive will most likely be taking place on Thursday! SG is also having their weekly stream that day and are looking for more people to match donations for that day! Also, it's worth keeping note that the previous matched donations haven't been donated yet!
this goes for both sides though

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Yeah, we're organizing as we speak.

Or at least I'm making cookies, Cactuar is sick and WC is asleep.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Why is everyone talking about donating on the 31st when the drive ends on the 29th?

EDIT: Oh my bad

nube

Smash Apprentice
So the whole thing is taking place on the stream? We should have constant, live updates in the OP.
Also, there should be a time slot for each of the incentives to be donated to.

I pledge to offer to the SSBM hacking community the offsets for shield colours. I've found them before (proof: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11624298&postcount=2670), but have since lost the documentation, and haven't found the determination to go about finding them again.

So if, for example, the TOTAL ssbm fund goes up by at least $500 on Thursday Jan 31 between, say 6:00pm-6:15pm or w/e, then the goal will have been reached! No need to deal with screenshots/other records to prove you donated to my cause.

Just a thought! What do yall think, is this a viable strategy? Cuz I know there's many, many incentives out there, we just need an organized schedule IMO

edit: I also appreciate the use of melee texture hacks in the OP! LOL!

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Honestly, it's a bit irritating me that we even have to compete for the spot. I mean here we are, with a game that's literally over a decade old, a game that's actually already been on Evo before in 2007, a game that's also been on an MLG circuit in the past, and yet even with this history, and the evidence being that competitive Melee is at its STRONGEST right now, we have to compete against...Skullgirls? If SSBM was good enough back then to have Evo AND MLG, then logically, with the competition now being better than ever , we are MORE than qualified to be up there for Evo 2013. I really hope we win this one guys. This isn't a battle I want us to lose.

Top Bottom