• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's forbidden to use YYG in tournaments?

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
He has gone to a tournament. He is an old school Ness player. A tournament match where the YYG was pulled of that is most known is Hax vs. Mofo.
In Simna's combo video Illuminati he has a section of YYG shenanigans if I remember correctly.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Yeah
So, you can do a combo or a move that then you set the YYG?, oh! really awesome, hey! have you gone to a tournament?
Yeah I've gone to many many many many many tournaments^_^ There are a few videos of Ness doing yyg in tournaments matches, but not many Ness players have the capability to do and the ones who can don't often take the risk. The YYG is definitely possible through combo and tech chase, but doing it is somewhat delicate and failing to do it means missing an opportunity where you could have done something more worthwhile instead. In some situations that thing you could have done other than the YYG would have been of more benefit than even a successful YYG.

But damn does it get a crowd cheering^_^

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
The YYG is definitely hype. Simna, was EVO just a thing you did for fun or was it a coming back to Melee? I would like to play you and get a bit of critique. I am trying to save money to go to Apex (I know, super far for you), and wondered if the chances would be more than zero of getting to play you.

Anyways, PSI, if I get a match in pools that is free (which probably won't happen) I will try to do that YYG. I also really need to record matches somehow. Even with crappy phone quality.

PSI-Apocalypse

Smash Apprentice
Oh great!, thank you guys!! love your replies!!, and thanks for the future or possible favours. And, how do I get a match in the pools?

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
Oh great!, thank you guys!! love your replies!!, and thanks for the future or possible favours. And, how do I get a match in the pools?
I am pretty sure you just show up, give them money, and play some matches. You may have to sign up beforehand. I will look into after I know whether I have the money or not. Either way, at my level, the goal is to not go out in two sets. Also, even if a Sheik pops up, I will try not to go Fox. My pride will get me so many losses.

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
Probably. Unless I just don't have any fun playing against Sheik, which is highly likely. Then I will go Fox and lose because compared to the practice they've had, I suck. But oh well...at least I will feel like I had a chance

PSI-Apocalypse

Smash Apprentice
That's why I have c.falcon like secondary, but like you said, compared to the practice they've had I suck, also when I do my best.

Top Bottom