• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Items Don't Comfirm Characters...... unless they also get a stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolchris818

Smash Cadet
:dizzy: tripping me out that people think that even if a character has an item and a stage that they wont be in.
i just believe that sum1 always should have a "home turf" to play on.
this is the WII! not just a gamecube with cool controllers, the system is more powerful. expect to see more characters expected,
third parties are another story/thread.
but this one is too explain to people a basic Smash Bros rule.
"If You Get Your Own Represented Stage, Then Your A Playable Character"

it just has to happend. and i am optimistic about 15+ characters making it in

is this rule correct??
:dizzy:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The rule means nothing. It's a new Smash, anything can happen.

Seriously, why are people assuming things like this? It was predicted from the beginning that Animal Crossing would maybe get a stage and item but not a character. It's possible. Not that I don't want an AC character, but Sakurai might think that a stage and an item is the best way to represent Animal Crossing.

SilverLight

Smash Apprentice
It's already been made evident by past games that items do not confirm characters.
While it's not confirmed whether or not stages (or even icons) confirm characters, I hypothesize that Brawl will simply include a vast array of stages just for variance in setting. I'm doubting the possibility of an Animal Crossing character, even after Smashville, Pitfall, and the leaf furniture icon. Of course you never know.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
but this one is too explain to people a basic Smash Bros rule.
"If You Get Your Own Represented Stage, Then Your A Playable Character"

is this rule correct??
No.

It isn't correct at all.

Neither Ness or Captain Falcon had stages in the original. They borrowed Kirby's and Samus' stages, respectively. This also applies to Marth and Roy in Melee. They usually borrow Hyrule Temple. (Or Fountain of Dreams [Marth] and Final Destination [Roy] in All-Star Mode) They did, however, have a planned stage, but it didn't get into the final version.

EDIT: Whoops! Misunderstood what he was saying...

SilverLight

Smash Apprentice
The rule doesn't have to work both ways. Every character does not have a stage, however every stage does have a character.

I'm not saying I agree with the rule, it is just an interpretation of it.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The rule works in Melee, but it may not work in Brawl. That's what I'm trying to get at, at least.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
The rule means nothing. It's a new Smash, anything can happen.

Seriously, why are people assuming things like this? It was predicted from the beginning that Animal Crossing would maybe get a stage and item but not a character. It's possible. Not that I don't want an AC character, but Sakurai might think that a stage and an item is the best way to represent Animal Crossing.
*sigh* the many times i have explained this...to put it short, because the AC symbol is there, that basically means a char will. if u want me to explain the longer way (AGAIN) then id be happy to oblige (well not really, but id do it to support wut im trying to say)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
*sigh* the many times i have explained this...to put it short, because the AC symbol is there, that basically means a char will. if u want me to explain the longer way (AGAIN) then id be happy to oblige (well not really, but id do it to support wut im trying to say)
I still don't think that confirms anything. -_-

Go ahead, explain it to me.

I still don't think that confirms anything. -_-

Go ahead, explain it to me.
ok: see symbols represent playable characters right? well, Yoshi's Story along with her Egg symbol, came before her. soon after she got confirmed. Battle Field is a stage made for Smash, so it has its own symbol, the Smash symbol. Dr Wright however, has the Smash symbol, yet he wasnt made for Smash, he came from Sim City. but seeing as hes an AT, hes only representing himself (or however u say it). Smashville and Pitfall have their own symbol. because of that, i guess it means they have a character that will have that symbol.
its not really proof, and it doesnt really confirm anything, but its still evidence right?

SilverLight

Smash Apprentice
That's all well and good, but it's an hypothesis. The symbol could be there for any trivial reason, such as to throw us off. Maybe stages get symbols now. Or maybe there is indeed going to be an Animal Crossing character.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying it's not factual.

coolchris818

Smash Cadet
roy and marth were tacked on too increase FE sales, they didnt have time for a stage.
Brawl is different because theve had a lot of time.
but that is true, it might not confirm anything. it just seems wierd.
so if they sho a AC character as a newcomer than my theory of stage=character should be correct right?
idk

That's all well and good, but it's an hypothesis. The symbol could be there for any trivial reason, such as to throw us off. Maybe stages get symbols now. Or maybe there is indeed going to be an Animal Crossing character.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying it's not factual.
yea i know i could be far from right. thats why at the end i put "it might not confirm anything"

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
ok: see symbols represent playable characters right? well, Yoshi's Story along with her Egg symbol, came before her. soon after she got confirmed. Battle Field is a stage made for Smash, so it has its own symbol, the Smash symbol. Dr Wright however, has the Smash symbol, yet he wasnt made for Smash, he came from Sim City. but seeing as hes an AT, hes only representing himself (or however u say it). Smashville and Pitfall have their own symbol. because of that, i guess it means they have a character that will have that symbol.
its not really proof, and it doesnt really confirm anything, but its still evidence right?
Very interesting. I never noticed that about Dr. Wright.

Still I wouldn't get our hopes up for an Animal Crossing character.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
the reason why the Animal crossing stage got the leaf Icon is because the series is being represented by the stage. they couldnt give it a smash icon. it wouldnt make sense at all seeing as it's from it's own game. Dr wright isnt getting a simcity stage. he's only an item hence why he has the smash symbol. items and icons dont mean anything at all really. I think Sakurai sees it fit to only give them a Stage and an icon to appease fans. because havig them a playable character would be just plain weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom