• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Issabelle’s Jab needs help

Perfect patricia

Smash Apprentice
Why did they give her this pitiful jab? Why can’t she get a rabid jab it’ll make her better as a character. It’s so hard maiming a character with a sh**** jab.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Isabelle's jab is worthless at low percents but has enough hitstun to follow up with a tilt or Dsmash at higher percent. That's way better than the zaprats' headbutts which just leave them wide open if you ever land it.

Perversion

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 3699 5960 3002
The hitstun for the jab is indeed quite good, and as some people have already demonstrated, leads into a wobble like situation. Learn to use the jab, rather than not understand it.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Why would Isabelle need a better jab when she has f-air and b-air? Then there's her down special set-up with her side special. Isabelle can be quite a pain to deal with.

Nagol

Smash Cadet
NNID
NagolNLR
3DS FC
1693-3794-6353
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0uzUAfdB4A

Plup is a very good Melee player if you dont know who he is. Here is a video where he demonstrates her "wobble" with the jab.

I do agree that its not good at low percents. I always ftilt at lower percents.
This is a bad example of her leading to a wobble if she even can. Palutena picked up an assist trophy which means she is now locked into using that items animation. So plup hitting her resets the animation causing her to be locked in this "wobble". This wobble however only works because the assist trophy locks you into the animation while you remain on the ground so as long as isabella never puts the character airborne the player can do literally nothing. Outside of this example i've not seen it wobble.

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
This is a bad example of her leading to a wobble if she even can. Palutena picked up an assist trophy which means she is now locked into using that items animation. So plup hitting her resets the animation causing her to be locked in this "wobble". This wobble however only works because the assist trophy locks you into the animation while you remain on the ground so as long as isabella never puts the character airborne the player can do literally nothing. Outside of this example i've not seen it wobble.
Well to be fair, that is the only way you can do a "true" wobble with the jab. The point being, is that you can kinda use this as an example why the jab isnt as terrible as OP is making it out to be.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I think Isabelle's jab is perfect. The hammers in Animal Crossing: New Leaf has very low stun, and it makes sense that her jab in Ultimate would work the same way. If anything, there are a lot of multi-hit jabs that should be made escapeable since now it seems like anyone with a multi-jab in this game works the same as Bayonetta's in Sm4sh.

Top Bottom