• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Islam or Christianity, which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Both religions have had their fair share of atrocities and contributions to society. But, which of the two largest religions is really the best?

In my opinion, Christianity is better because the countries where it is predominate have freedom of religion and allow it to be practiced openly. With Islam, many of their countries don’t have this right due to the majority of Islamic countries being heavily based around it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Both Islam and Christianity have so many different cultural diversities and sects that treating them as monoliths for the sake of comparison isn't very useful.

Are you talking about Catholics and Sunnis? Or Orthodox Christianity and Shia Islam? Should one take Evangelist and Ibadist schools into consideration? How about people's own interpretations of the teachings? There's also the fact that Quran acknowledges and respects Christianity and its holy texts/figures while the opposite is not true.

Either way, I don't believe in any religion so both are pretty much equal to me. However, Islam's interpretation of God is slightly less sociopathic and it's heavier on "other people's faith is none of your business" so I guess its theology makes a little more sense to me.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Both religions have had their fair share of atrocities and contributions to society. But, which of the two largest religions is really the best?

In my opinion, Christianity is better because the countries where it is predominate have freedom of religion and allow it to be practiced openly. With Islam, many of their countries don’t have this right due to the majority of Islamic countries being heavily based around it.
You want to… compare religious beliefs? This thread should’ve been closed IMO, this is just begging for hate speech to happen.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Neither. Both are so vastly different that comparing them is impossible without trespassing into dangerous and controversial territory.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I am a Muslim and I am in a Muslim country any religious person can practice his religion here so I am not sure what you are talking about lol we have Buddhist and Christians and sikh and Hindus here have you ever been in a Muslim country before?
I can easily name some of the Christians countries that doesn’t allow Muslims to practice their religion and treat Muslims as huge threat to the society and try to dehumanize them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom