• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isai Not Being At SSC

Maliki

Smash Ace
Yes, and then there are the people who are like "oh man I got 40%; see if you can beat that [insert friend's name here]." It felt good being in Peru because when I lost I did not hear that or maybe my Spanish comprehension was not good enough? lol. When they beat me you get the feeling of "whatever we are all good here we win and lose."

I am not talking about everyone here though. A lot of the good players here do not make a big deal of it.
Lol I understand I remember when I first started playing I was like that. You top tier players are just admired and respected so much beginners love playing you. After a while it kind of dies or goes away like once you become a part of the community. At least that's what I think. But maybe I'm wrong.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Mariguas and other people are coming over? Why do I never hear about these things?

Btw, Mariguas is absolutely one of those people you are talking about. In NA, he's the one that wants to "dethrone" you the most lol.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Yeah I agree with Maliki. I'm not really that interested in playing top top players as a priority anymore (although it's always nice). Boom stayed in our room at ssc and I never asked for games, but I doubt he would have said no.

I'm more interested in hanging out/playing with the people I'm closest to in the community, but absolute beginners will probably want to play you more. Maybe that's just me though

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
There's never been a tournament where it was the best from around the world like Jousuke, Gerson, Alvin, Boom and Isai. Maybe SSC could bring those people together because apparently Jousuke may be traveling overseas for some tournaments soon.

Everyone would love to see those match ups, even just for friendlies.

Shears

Smash Master
Well considering there is a huge pot bonus for 64, its in the warm summer months, has a good location, a lot to do, and was incredibly successful in its inaugural run, I think SSC will become the tournament in the future that internationals attend. I know the Brazilians are planning on coming to SSC 2016.

Morin0

Smash Lord
The only thing that sucks is the cost to register. The reasoning for the price is that it's a convention, but for some people, they only care about the 64 tournament. You can't do nothing much about that, but I just hope it doesn't deter some international players from coming.

Shears

Smash Master
The only thing that sucks is the cost to register. The reasoning for the price is that it's a convention, but for some people, they only care about the 64 tournament. You can't do nothing much about that, but I just hope it doesn't deter some international players from coming.
Well if they have top 8 aspirations, the cost won't matter. And this really is more than a tournament. You can say you will only be taking part in tournament activities, but ask anyone who went, they did more than just tournament activities. Theres an arcade, shows, panels, vendors, side events, free play stations with literally any game you can imagine, and more. The price is worth it, even if you're just going for a tournament. Its the best run tournament you'll go to. Price can be a deterrent if you're stretched on money sure, but price is not a con to this, despite being a con, this event has no cons, only pros.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
i spent 85$ to register for singles and teams. iirc apex was like 70$ so i dont get why people have been making such a big deal about the cost. register early/on time if u dont want to pay the full price

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
Were any of the vendors selling N64 controllers or were there any people selling N64 controllers with good sticks?

GeeDee_

Smash Rookie
Beatmania 1, Pop'N, ITG, Guitar Freaks, and some weird 5 button game that was super colorful and I didn't catch the name of.
To anyone looking to play these machines more often, the owners name is Eric and he runs a little in-mall arcade called save point in westminister MD. If anyone's ever up by Xanadu and hasn't checked them out, they're only about a 40 minute drive away, and is definitely worth seeing. If I can sit there multiple times through the convention and talk to a dude about rare nintendo v.s. boards, and the guy is chill enough to let me check out the board to sonic the fighters (a dream cab of mine, also RIP his machine, hope it's fixed by now) then I can't recommend that guys business enough.

tldr; the owner runs a shop near xanadu and is super chill. Check it out. Keep arcades alive and keep the "bar" out of "cades" a little more.

Draixen

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1435-6088-9054
Beatmania 1, Pop'N, ITG, Guitar Freaks, and some weird 5 button game that was super colorful and I didn't catch the name of.
Don't forget Para Para and freakin Pump It Up Infinity. The beauty of that arcade dude. I play Pump in my spare time that I'm not playing 64 or working, and that cab was a godsend. And this was only the second time I've seen a Para cab, so that was neat. Thank you based Save Point.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Were any of the vendors selling N64 controllers or were there any people selling N64 controllers with good sticks?
there were a lot of vendors selling n64 controllers with bad sticks. However one vendor was selling custom painted n64 controllers with amazing oem sticks. They were pretty expensive, but worth it imo cuz i got to test it out before buying

Top Bottom