• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isabelle's Jab Frame Advantage

LGameTales

Smash Cadet
After labbing Isabelle's jab knockback and hitstun for a while, I've put together enough data to create a frame advantage graph for it:

u is your percentage (affecting rage). If you are under 35, leave it at 35.
w is the enemy's weight.
They're just for you to adjust.

Last edited:

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
After labbing Isabelle's jab knockback and hitstun for a while, I've put together enough data to create a frame advantage graph for Isabelle's jab:

https://www.desmos.com/calculator/3lcn15wlam

r is your percentage (affecting rage). If you are under 35, leave it at 35.
w is the enemy's weight.

Jab > DSmash (f8) is looking quite feasible!
Can you explain how it works? Are the blue lines meaning how frames do you have?
I mean if the touch the vertical parallel line.

LGameTales

Smash Cadet
Hopefully the black r line is invisible by default. Click on its bubble if it isn't.

Yes, the Y-axis is the amount of frames you have of advantage. The X-axis is the enemy's percentage. They are in the form of lines because the frame count will only rise in steps. (There is no 4.5 frames of advantage, for example.)

FLOW |Jeffy

Smash Rookie
After labbing Isabelle's jab knockback and hitstun for a while, I've put together enough data to create a frame advantage graph for it:

https://www.desmos.com/calculator/3lcn15wlam

r is your percentage (affecting rage). If you are under 35, leave it at 35.
w is the enemy's weight.
Both of these things should have visibility off. They're just for you to adjust.

Jab > DSmash (f8) is looking quite feasible!
This is very complicated for me to grasp dude. Can you explain the applications and percents that you think jab downsmash works at? Can you tell me what and where. You thibk jab is viable at? Any weird properties or effects you have found jab to do?

LGameTales

Smash Cadet
Sorry! I've updated the graph with notes and other small things that hopefully makes it clearer. (I've also fixed a problem it had.)

Can you explain the applications and percents that you think jab downsmash works at?
Jab > DSmash will work when Jab has 8 or more frames of advantage. When you have 100% on you, it will work on Mario (though only if frame-perfect, if he holds shield) at ~105%. It will work on a lightweight (in the following case, Sheik) starting at ~120% with no rage, and ~95% if you are at 100%.

Can you tell me what and where. You thibk jab is viable at? Any weird properties or effects you have found jab to do?
It is always safe on hit because you always have at least 2 frames of advantage. I haven't found anything weird about it, necessarily, except that it doesn't knock enemies off the floor until around 250%

Last edited:

Violet Broregarde

Smash Rookie
This is really cool, and I was just thinking earlier today about how I wanted something precisely like this. Does this formula generalize to other moves? Did you discover The Hitstun Formula?

LGameTales

Smash Cadet

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965

https://www.desmos.com/calculator/kv7byoqdd0

u is your percentage (affecting rage). If you are under 35, leave it at 35.
w is the enemy's weight.
They're just for you to adjust.

Jab > DSmash (f8) is looking quite feasible with rage!
This is GDLK dude. You’re a saint to us all.

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
Duuuude this is so freaking cool! Thank you for putting this together, LGameTales!

Top Bottom