• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isabelle officially joins the fray!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Not excited, but at least it wasn't a third party. A few of her moves seem derivative though. Not enough for echo status, but still derivative.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Garbage lol but we all knew it was happening, best to get it out of the way.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
That is such an awkward freeze frame, it's like a gust of wind hit her and she's about to fall over.

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
Trashy announcement for me but nice move for Animal Crossing 2019's promotion.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
It's good there's more characters that don't fight in the games they are from. Crafting a moveset out of that is usually pretty interesting.

I'm also glad that there's semi-clones again! Smash 4s clone characters were very bare-bones, so its cool to see them tackle clones more like how they were done back in Brawl.

A number of people seem to be upset about this. C'mon guys, there's still loads of stuff to be revealed later.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
People are upset about this? Buncha angry babies mad their edgelord/nostalgia pick didn't get in, Isabelle looks great!

Ronster87

Ronnie
NNID
Ronster87
Switch FC
7787-7027-5981
Smh people are angry about a new, fun looking unique. I miss the Smash community from 17 years ago; these young'uns really don't know how good they have it.

IceKitsune

Smash Apprentice
Guys we don't know the full roster yet there is still plenty of time for more characters. Also, DLC is a thing so even if your wanted character doesn't make it into the main roster they could still be DLC. Stop pretending like every reveal is the last one

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
I wasn't asking for Isabelle, but I'm not going to complain about her being in.

At least it's not another Fire Emblem swordsman.

Now I have to go update my ranker list to take her off it.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Guys we don't know the full roster yet there is still plenty of time for more characters. Also, DLC is a thing so even if your wanted character doesn't make it into the main roster they could still be DLC. Stop pretending like every reveal is the last one
I thought Sakurai said there was no DLC in development. Was I wrong? (Of course there will be some in the future but he won't develop anything for like a year).

Now your Isabelle amiibos are worth $2 more!

Last edited:

IceKitsune

Smash Apprentice
I thought Sakurai said there was no DLC in development. Was I wrong? (Of course there will be some in the future but he won't develop anything for like a year).

Now your Isabelle amiibos are worth $2 more!
I don't remember him saying that. In fact I don't remember anything being mentioned about DLC at all at this point.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I am kind of surprised she was not an echo as well, honestly would not surprise if she was originally one but some ideas that were implemented made her feel more unique than echo like someone like luigi similar to the whole lucina being an echo and not a costume thing.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Smh people are angry about a new, fun looking unique. I miss the Smash community from 17 years ago; these young'uns really don't know how good they have it.
you mean the melee community?

they're still around, aren't they? and more toxic and hateful than ever before...

anyway, this was an interesting surprise, i was wondering what isabelle would use if she did make it in... looks like she uses the fishing rod, and party poppers, and a few other things the villager doesn't use.

it's pretty cool... before smash 4, it was hard to imagine animal crossing having one rep, let alone two.

isabelle is my favorite NPC, so i'm glad she's getting to join the mayor in smash. :D

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Animal Crossing did not need 2 reps. Ah well what are we going to do.....it is what it is. I’m pretty disappointed and now we wait another announcment. She’s basically a Dr. Mario. Semi clone who doesn’t add much to the game. Now that I got my bitterness out of the way. Congrats to those who wanted this.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
The reason she was announced now and not during a Smash direct is because not that many people cared anyway. That's why her announcement wasn't that exciting.

And besides Animal Crossing is just a fad like Fortnite and won't be relevant enough to hold 2 reps when they make the next game 10 years from now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On one hand its pretty surprising she's not an Echo granted still a semi-clone on the other hand. Makes sense they'd announce a newcomer so simple since it was an Nintendo Direct. Happy for all her fans and supporters that she had gotten in. :)

IceKitsune

Smash Apprentice
The reason she was announced now and not during a Smash direct is because not that many people cared anyway. That's why her announcement wasn't that exciting.

And besides Animal Crossing is just a fad like Fortnite and won't be relevant enough to hold 2 reps when they make the next game 10 years from now.
I really don't see how you can say its a fad when it has 5 main series games (6 if you count the Japanese only N64 original) and 3 spin-off games. That is way out of fad territory IMO.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
Alright we got gang banger's that turn into squids, We got a pirate space dragon, we got vampire hunters, we got a pirate king crocodile, we got..... a little puppy girl.
I really thought she was coming in as an echo. As some one that's only played one animal crossing and doesn't care about the franchise at all, this is a very disappointing pick. It also bothers me that they showed Tom Nook right after; because I thought at least we were getting him as an echo since they were putting all that extra work into a character that could have easily worked as an echo.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Animal Crossing is just a fad like Fortnite and won't be relevant enough to hold 2 reps when they make the next game 10 years from now.
Anyone ever read something so dumb your eyes twitch?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Smh people are angry about a new, fun looking unique.
No so much angry, just not interested.

And unique? She looks like she's about 75% Villager, yet is inexplicably not an echo. I thought the introduction of echoes meant we were done getting new pseudoclones, and yet, here we are.

This was a weird pick to be a standalone announcement. This would have gone over much better if it had been in a Smash Direct alongside other, more hype character announcements.

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman

"just a fad"?

someone is unaware of the animal crossing community and fans who have been playing AC games since the gamecube days...

a fad is something that doesn't last long... AC is clearly a well-loved franchise considering it has multiple games across multiple platforms and is even getting a new release which quite a few people wanted.

maybe you should do some research on what a "fad" is, because clearly, you have no idea what it means.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This was an interesting character pick, and I think maybe a way of Nintendo to say they're still going to be true to what they want to do for the game, even if they are listening more to the fans (and votes).
I was expecting a bit more, but it's a new character, and it means that semi-clone characters can still make it in, which isn't a bad thing if it means more characters.

It's more of isabelle than we expected, so to me that's a good thing. and there's always more to come.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow

Imagine actually thinking this. :urg:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I don't really care about Isabelle the way I don't care about the Belmonts or Inkling. They're in, it was obvious they all would be, not mad, just not interested. That aside, I was really hoping they'd give us more than that. Her trailer barely showed any gameplay (not even much more than those short overviews on the site!) and they didn't give much else. Maybe I was just expecting too much, but I really would've liked something about the online modes. Oh well, maybe we'll get a 50-fact extravaganza later on.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I don't really care. I'm not not excited for her because people guessed she was going to be in the game. She as a character never interested me in ACNL, so I'm not feeling it with her in Sma5h. I'm more pleased with the announcement of a new Animal Crossing game.

UnknownM

Smash Cadet
It's a little sad knowing Sakurai, a man who risks his health working on a video game, can't seem to ever add anything without *certain* people in this fanbase complain and whine.

Isabelle is in Smash and that's final, nothing will change that and people complaining about it because their wanted fighter didn't get included need to grow the hell up.

Uffe

Smash Hero
It's a little sad knowing Sakurai, a man who risks his health working on a video game, can't seem to ever add anything without *certain* people in this fanbase complain and whine.

Isabelle is in Smash and that's final, nothing will change that and people complaining about it because their wanted fighter didn't get included need to grow the hell up.
People are going to complain regardless. You can't satisfy everybody, and don't pretend you've never made a complaint about anything not going your way.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I guess I'm one of the rare few people that's ecstatic that Isabelle is coming in as an actual newcomer. And this is coming from someone who was hype was killed by two characters being AT'd.

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
a glorified echo much like dr. mario, she needed to be added with some other character exp if there gonna have a long gap between the next reveal. Like all trains the hype trains needs gas to keep going. Also she got the worst smash intro video ever.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Everyone keeps saying she's a semi-clone, but I don't think she is. I'd say she's more different from Villager than Lucas is from Ness, as most of her normals are different, as are most of her specials. She only shares the pocket and the Up-B (though it seems to behave differently). The Lloid mine and Fishing Rod are totally unique.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I didnt expect much, but putting a lame character into smash to push a lame series was bleh, weebs gonna weeb
Said "lame character" is quite famous in said "lame series," which has been around for more than a decade. Besides, its one's fault for expecting anything huge in a Nintendo Direct that's going to be all the current aspects of Nintendo products than a smaller section. But it's ok. it'll all be forgotten when *insert overhype trash character here* pops in next month and it'll be bells and whistles like normal.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Said "lame character" is quite famous in said "lame series," which has been around for more than a decade. Besides, its one's fault for expecting anything huge in a Nintendo Direct that's going to be all the current aspects of Nintendo products than a smaller section. But it's ok. it'll all be forgotten when *insert overhype trash character here* pops in next month and it'll be bells and whistles like normal.
She’s only in to advertise new game, shes popular in a very small circle, dont try to compare her to actual ballot characters pls that’d just be silly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom