• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

courte

Smash Lord
who says he has too use a sword its been a while since i played but if i remember correctly he could use different weapons right??

and whats with all this talk like sword users are terrible personally i think they're outnumbered, is there a sword attack faster than jab or punch?? i haven't seen one yet
all of these unarmed characters... theres just too many

also a proud and the only member of R.A.T.F.I.I.--We would proudly Remove A Tooth For Isaac's Inclusion

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
lol, If they could, it'd be sick if they could change the weapons along with the alternate colours :]. I don't think they can though, but it still would be cool ;)

The movesets would still be the same, just different weapons to show that they don't only use swords.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
who says he has too use a sword its been a while since i played but if i remember correctly he could use different weapons right??

and whats with all this talk like sword users are terrible personally i think they're outnumbered, is there a sword attack faster than jab or punch?? i haven't seen one yet
all of these unarmed characters... theres just too many

also a proud and the only member of R.A.T.F.I.I.--We would proudly Remove A Tooth For Isaac's Inclusion
WOW buddy, ROFL does Metaknight ring a bell to you? He has the fastest normal attacks in the game so far. lmao how can u miss him?

courte

Smash Lord
WOW buddy, ROFL does Metaknight ring a bell to you? He has the fastest normal attacks in the game so far. lmao how can u miss him?
metaknight is a beast who eats lightning and craps thunders its more like the sword plays him -- and how can you ignore my awesome R.A.T.F.I.I.??

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
If I ever see the Isaac fans stoop so low, as to actually form a club. I will E-Punch every single one of them Extremely hard.

Although your R.A.T.F.I.I. is how a club name should be, hehehehe.

Dave

Lord0fCookies

Smash Rookie
I completely agree with the mentality that there aren't "too many" sword users in brawl. But in regards to isaac using a different weapon they would probably give him the sol blade or the gaia blade even though he can use axes and maces. That doesn't really matter though 'cause if he was included in brawl isaac would be completely different than any other sword user due to psynergy

jamesss

Smash Apprentice
yeah the sword argument is definetly really lame, GENO...I mean...ISAAC FOR BRAWL!

Boofer

Smash Ace
But then he'd end up like Lucas/Ness and not have any of his own attacks. Although I guess technically he can have every attack in the game...

But really, I don't care about his moveset, I want Isaac for the sake of having Isaac. If he ends up being mid-low tier, even better, that way we don't end up with Fox douchebags who only play him because he's good. And if he's in I definitely want him in Subspace.
That's pretty weird if you ask me. I'll be really upset if his moves aren't up to snuff with Isaac from the game. I want Isaac because of his potential move set.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
I was saying it doesn't matter to me if his up+B is Ragnarok or the little Vine things. It'll obviously be from the game, and I doubt Sakurai would mess up his moveset, because he hasn't disappointed so far.

I just meant I was more concerned with haing him in the game, because right now he's not a shoe-in like Ridley, Lucario or Geno.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
I was saying it doesn't matter to me if his up+B is Ragnarok or the little Vine things. It'll obviously be from the game, and I doubt Sakurai would mess up his moveset, because he hasn't disappointed so far.

I just meant I was more concerned with haing him in the game, because right now he's not a shoe-in like Ridley, Lucario or Geno.
I'm not entirely sure about Lucario or Geno being shoe-ins at this point, least of all Geno. Although I'm perfectly aware of how popular they are, and I'm sure Sora is as well.

Ridley, is also worrying me lately, not because of any of the foolish arguments that people come up with, but because of another thing. In all honesty, it seems like he will be the hardest character for the team to implement, based on skeletal design, animation, movement and attacks. Although, he will surely show up in some form, and by doing that, they already had to implement him, so why not just make him playable - Aha, I provided an argument for my own argument - cool.

Think not of chances, for they have no meaning, nothing will let you rest easy, except cold, hard, factual, confirmation. Isaac, Ridley, Geno, Lucario... who knows? No one. Well excluding developers, testers, etc. :laugh:

Dave

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
This update today may confirm that we may get Golden Sun music without Isaac. Let's hope otherwise.

I will post a moveset which I find quite unique for him on Friday or Saturday.

Still hoping I get to see this guy in as a playable character.

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
To tell you the truth, I'll be fine if they don't have Isaac in Brawl, as long as they have a remixed version of the Venus Lighthouse song (or Saturos Battle) >_>

Yes, it's that awesome

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Nah, still need Isaac xD

The music is so awesome though. I might arrange the battle theme, or Venus Lighthouse on guitar. I'm thinking rock version, with some cool harmonies. Some acoustic guitar, leading into a heavier track. I'll probably add some keyboards, or piano parts in as well.

I'm excited now! Should be a fun thing to do for Christmas ^_^

Isaac and Golden Sun music for Brawl!

Dave

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Make sure to post that on here, Dave! I'm not good enough at guitar yet(and certainly not at any other instrument) to do anything of the sort, but I like hearing people's renditions of songs.

To be truthful, Brawl's music is one of the things I'm most excited about, other than Isaac himself being in(hopefully!). If he's in, the Venus Lighthouse theme is a no-brainer. This game also needs that one song from Donkey Kong Country 2 that plays on all the Pirate Ships, like on the first level.

EDIT: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jh0EwmCa1VA That song.

Arteen

Smash Lord
This update today may confirm that we may get Golden Sun music without Isaac. Let's hope otherwise.
I don't think this update makes a big impact on Isaac's chances. X didn't really have any chance at making an appearance in Brawl other than through music. If Sakurai knows and cares about these less notable games, then I think that he would want to give a bigger series like Golden Sun more substantial, fitting representation.

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
Nah, still need Isaac xD

The music is so awesome though. I might arrange the battle theme, or Venus Lighthouse on guitar. I'm thinking rock version, with some cool harmonies. Some acoustic guitar, leading into a heavier track. I'll probably add some keyboards, or piano parts in as well.

I'm excited now! Should be a fun thing to do for Christmas ^_^

Isaac and Golden Sun music for Brawl!

Dave
Venus Lighthouse or Elemental Stars theme would be awesome xD or well... most of GS music is awesome ;_;

I'm so dying to have Venus lighthouse stage and as well it's theme (and Isaac, of course), wonder how brawl's musicans would make the arrangement for this one.

EDIT: Better do Venus lighthouse theme, cuz I just found this out http://djpretzel.web.aplus.net/songs/Golden_Sun_SolSanctumGuitar_OC_ReMix.mp3
and that fulfilled my wishes for the element stars version xD

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If I ever see the Isaac fans stoop so low, as to actually form a club. I will E-Punch every single one of them Extremely hard.

Although your R.A.T.F.I.I. is how a club name should be, hehehehe.

Dave
I completely totally 100% agree. We don't need a club. Isaac isn't a fad character. I've wanted him in since the moment I've played Golden Sun, not since I found out he was a popular choice or an update hinted at him. (though none really have, there are certain other characters or A character should I say, that ALL of their hype came from one update.)

Today's update gave me even bit more hope that the character I'm referring to won't make it.

If Golden Sun just gets music I will be very disappointed. That would be wasted potential. Of courser there better be Golden Sun music in this game, but it has to be included with Isaac as a playable character and a stage.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Venus Lighthouse or Elemental Stars theme would be awesome xD or well... most of GS music is awesome ;_;

I'm so dying to have Venus lighthouse stage and as well it's theme (and Isaac, of course), wonder how brawl's musicans would make the arrangement for this one.

EDIT: Better do Venus lighthouse theme, cuz I just found this out http://djpretzel.web.aplus.net/songs/Golden_Sun_SolSanctumGuitar_OC_ReMix.mp3
and that fulfilled my wishes for the element stars version xD
Yeah, I heard that arrangement a while ago. I was a little surprised that there weren't any other Golden Sun arrangements on Ocremix. Especially when, the music is so awesome.

Dave

courte

Smash Lord
i suppose i'll have to make my jokes clearer next time around sorry about that guys :chuckle:--there is only a r.a.t.f.i.i. ...in your dreams and imagination

btw i went and looked into it--the weapons which isaac can wield

Maces, Long Sword, Light Blade, Axe
((staves for an exception--cane sword even))

which would you prefer to see

personally, i'd prefer to see the light sword but if it were possible a cane sword to emphasize his psyenergy is on equal footing as his physical strength

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
i suppose i'll have to make my jokes clearer next time around sorry about that guys :chuckle:

there is only a r.a.t.f.i.i.

in your dreams and imagination
Oh I understood perfectly that it was a joke, that's fine ^_^

I was expecting someone to come along, see your response, and go; "Oh yeah! We should totally make an Isaac club! We can make it really exclusive and have fancy signatures, positions for all our members, cause riots on the forums, and have weekly sleep-overs!!! *giggles*"

Yeah, clubs are not necessary...

Dave

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm too lazy to read the whole thread, but what stages (besides the Lighthouses) have been suggested? The only other significant stages I could think of would be a Lemurian (sp?) stage or the Soul Sanctum. Maybe Vale.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I loved Lemuria, but I really think that Venus Lighthouse is the best place for a stage.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I completely totally 100% agree. We don't need a club. Isaac isn't a fad character. I've wanted him in since the moment I've played Golden Sun, not since I found out he was a popular choice or an update hinted at him. (though none really have, there are certain other characters or A character should I say, that ALL of their hype came from one update.)

Today's update gave me even bit more hope that the character I'm referring to won't make it.

If Golden Sun just gets music I will be very disappointed. That would be wasted potential. Of courser there better be Golden Sun music in this game, but it has to be included with Isaac as a playable character and a stage.
I agree, but I'll be content with just music. I really fear that no GS stuff will be in Brawl and something will make me happy.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Didn't someone mention, a universal Lighthouse stage, that incorporates all the lighthouses, in a fashion similar to pokémon stadium? Or was the idea slightly different?

That could work very well, on a stage that shifts between the different rocks (Aqua, Magma, etc.) It could incorporate unique elements from each of them. Like the little wind statues from Airs rock etc. You get the picture.

EDIT: Boards going really, really slow for me...
EDIT2: Fine now xD

Dave

courte

Smash Lord
Would you all want Isaac to bring along a friend??
that makes sense as the gs world is about checks and balances-- for every element there is another to counteract it and keep it in place... if i messed up here i apologize--it's been a while since ive played the game and regretfully its not that fresh in my mind

would you be suggesting another character in general or simply as a

final smash: team attack ((calls one his his 3 random team mates to team attack with a djinni and then buff isaac

special attack

i apologize if i got off topic

Lord0fCookies

Smash Rookie
Would you all want Isaac to bring along a friend??
If Isaac is even in, i would love another golden sun rep. But i don't want to hope for too much.
If there were multiple characters though I would love to see Saturos and Menardi.

Maces, Long Sword, Light Blade, Axe
((staves for an exception--cane sword even))

which would you prefer to see

personally, i'd prefer to see the light sword but if it were possible a cane sword to emphasize his psyenergy is on equal footing as his physical strength
I would like Isaac to have either the Gaia blade or Sol blade, with special art (unlike how in GS every sword looks the same in battle). If not one of those maybe Excalibur...just because it looks cool.

Zorya

Smash Ace
that makes sense as the gs world is about checks and balances-- for every element there is another to counteract it and keep it in place... if i messed up here i apologize--it's been a while since ive played the game and regretfully its not that fresh in my mind

would you be suggesting another character in general or simply as a

final smash: team attack ((calls one his his 3 random team mates to team attack with a djinni and then buff isaac

special attack

i apologize if i got off topic

yeah like one of his homies, ya know, like Garde.

Top Bottom