• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
Wait... if they're adding more characters to the roster a few months before the release, wouldn't it mean that they're adding clones? Oh gawd... Isaac better not be a clone.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
They made Melee in 9 months. 2 months is more than enough to add at least a few characters(I hope). Anyhow, I'm gonna go ahead and believe the article, since it's from Famitsu. Besides, in 2 years they should have been able to make 40-50, especially if Sakurai is going all out, which he is.

In any case, Isaac is not Third-Party, or even Second-Party(though Camelot is), so his chances are still pretty decent. It just depends on whether or not Sakurai gave him a good look, like I said.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Wait... if they're adding more characters to the roster a few months before the release, wouldn't it mean that they're adding clones? Oh gawd... Isaac better not be a clone.
I sincerely hope that he's a clone.

Of Felix.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Adding characters in in a two month delay?

That's laughable. It's a fake. The two month delay is just to fix glitches, nothing special. Still I'm hoping for a decent sized roster.
Maybe, maybe not. You have no proof that it was only for fixing glitches either.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
If anything, Felix would be a clone of Isaac. But let's worry about getting one guy before we start discussing two.

Anyways, I've decided to just sit back and trust Sakurai. People panicked about online, Sonic, and he even surprised us with Stage Editor. I don't think he's going to leave out Isaac anymore, at least in some way shape or form.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
pm me it. I don't believe you though.

Can;t wait till 12 because my mom will force me off the comp by then

Zorya

Smash Ace
My contact told me that your contact is wrong.
Your other contact didn't tell my contact that your contact was right. Which means that my contact was right and your brother's contact told my aunt's contact that I was wrong.

12am!

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
My contact told me that your contact is wrong.
My contact said "oh snap!"

What does everyone think of Saturos as a boss if Isaac gets in? I would love him as a pc personally but I know that's not gonna happen.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Not saying they didn't say it, but how would X-Play know?
I am not the person to ask, they said that nintendo announced that the delay was so they could implement seamless online play. how would I know their source? but if they were able to give information like that out without any problems, then it must be true or nintendo would be ticked off, and they announced it a while back on their sneak peak at brawl portion. you can also here this on the "super mario galaxy special" but this isnt the place to discuss X-play, this is for Isaac in brawl.

due to there being nobody announced today, I am assumeing sakurai is planning on saving more of ther characters for after the games release or some time later this month.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I am not the person to ask, they said that nintendo announced that the delay was so they could implement seamless online play. how would I know their source? but if they were able to give information like that out without any problems, then it must be true or nintendo would be ticked off, and they announced it a while back on their sneak peak at brawl portion. you can also here this on the "super mario galaxy special" but this isnt the place to discuss X-play, this is for Isaac in brawl.

due to there being nobody announced today, I am assumeing sakurai is planning on saving more of ther characters for after the games release or some time later this month.
It was a rhetorical question/

Zevox

Smash Lord
What does everyone think of Saturos as a boss if Isaac gets in? I would love him as a pc personally but I know that's not gonna happen.
Saturos alone would be kind of "eh." Saturos and Menardi would be great though. They're a team, so they ought to be fighting together if they're a Subspace boss.

Zevox

Arteen

Smash Lord
Saturos alone would be kind of "eh." Saturos and Menardi would be great though. They're a team, so they ought to be fighting together if they're a Subspace boss.
Agreed. Fighting them in a one-on-two boss battle would be awesome.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Wait? Isaac vs Saturos AND Menardi alone? o_O They're a bit tough to be fighting against by one's self, I think Isaac should have a subspace partner like Zelda or Ike against them.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord

Zevox
And after they get beaten down a little they should turn into the Two-headed Dragon.
(or was that their younger brother ans sister? I forgot.)

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
A little off topic here, but was anyone here just in awe when you heard Issac speak in The Lost Age for the first time. I swear, the only thing I expected to come out of his chat bubble was "...". Felix also says "why" in Trial Mountain if I recall correctly.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
A little off topic here, but was anyone here just in awe when you heard Issac speak in The Lost Age for the first time. I swear, the only thing I expected to come out of his chat bubble was "...". Felix also says "why" in Trial Mountain if I recall correctly.
Yea, it was pretty surprising.
I liked his personality though.

Zevox

Smash Lord
And after they get beaten down a little they should turn into the Two-headed Dragon.
(or was that their younger brother ans sister? I forgot.)
No, that was them. Karst and Agatio just got transformed into two separate Dragons when they failed the trials in the Mars Lighthouse.

Zevox

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Gah! Is the prophet's sconce supposed to be here yet? Does it also count the Isaac being announced December 4th? Not that I really believe you, but I would go insane if you happened to be right.

I don't really care if Isaac gets a Subspace Emissary story at all - as long as he is playable.

Dragothel

Smash Journeyman
The only Final Smashes that would do Issac any justice would be either Mother Gaia or Judgement, his two most 1337 attacks in that game

Sinn

Smash Lord
Gah! Is the prophet's sconce supposed to be here yet? Does it also count the Isaac being announced December 4th? Not that I really believe you, but I would go insane if you happened to be right.

I don't really care if Isaac gets a Subspace Emissary story at all - as long as he is playable.
Prophet? Who? What? I find it highly suspect.

Lord0fCookies

Smash Rookie
One of the things i've thought about for Isaac is the fact that a lot of people seem to want him to only use his standard earth adept psynergy. However, since another rep for Golden Sun probably wouldn't get in, wouldn't it make more sense for him to have a broader spectrum of attacks to do the series justice?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
So tomorrow night eh Zorya? I have decided not to believe you, that way if I am wrong we get Isaac and if I am right well... then I'm right?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I naturally wouldn't say include Isaac because he at first glance looks just like an average sword user, but after researching what he can do, I say let him in, but he should definitely be the last sword user.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
One of the things i've thought about for Isaac is the fact that a lot of people seem to want him to only use his standard earth adept psynergy. However, since another rep for Golden Sun probably wouldn't get in, wouldn't it make more sense for him to have a broader spectrum of attacks to do the series justice?
But then he'd end up like Lucas/Ness and not have any of his own attacks. Although I guess technically he can have every attack in the game...

But really, I don't care about his moveset, I want Isaac for the sake of having Isaac. If he ends up being mid-low tier, even better, that way we don't end up with Fox douchebags who only play him because he's good. And if he's in I definitely want him in Subspace.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I naturally wouldn't say include Isaac because he at first glance looks just like an average sword user, but after researching what he can do, I say let him in, but he should definitely be the last sword user.
Yeah, because we can only have four sword users in the game right? Only ONE of them even focuses mainly on their sword. (Ike). Link has three special moves that don't even involve his sword.

I'm getting sick of all of this argument against sword users. Out of the roster we have right now (what is it? 20 or21?) only THREE of them use swords. We don't even know how many characters there will be in the final roster, and I can't see how Isaac using a sword for his standard attacks should count against him. Why aren't you complaining that there are too many punches and kicks for standard attacks?

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, because we can only have four sword users in the game right? Only ONE of them even focuses mainly on their sword. (Ike). Link has three special moves that don't even involve his sword.

I'm getting sick of all of this argument against sword users. Out of the roster we have right now (what is it? 20 or21?) only THREE of them use swords. We don't even know how many characters there will be in the final roster, and I can't see how Isaac using a sword for his standard attacks should count against him. Why aren't you complaining that there are too many punches and kicks for standard attacks?
So true, sword users are good and cool. And besides, its not like Ike is any good right now lol. Isaac has more than just sword attacks.

Top Bottom