• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
Isaac FTW!
I just finished Golden Sun a few days ago, and immediately cracked into Lost Age, but I think that Isaac is a PERFECT fit for Brawl, and since Nintendo has the rights to the characters (as opposed to Camelot) he wouldn't even count as 3rd Party!
Also, I think his FS should be Judgment, since that is more or less his strongest move if you think about it. Others that must be in his moveset would be Ragnarok/Odyssey, Mother/Grand/Regular Gaia, and Quake/Earthquake/Quake Sphere.

Also, I think that one of the other party members should be an AT, and the Fusion Dragon would be an excellent SSE boss (or the 3-headed one from the end of Lost Age)

If Isaac were to be in Brawl, he would immediately make it to my main list.

Zevox

Smash Lord
and since Nintendo has the rights to the characters (as opposed to Camelot) he wouldn't even count as 3rd Party!
That, and Camelot is second party anyway, so he wouldn't be third party regardless.

vonfinell said:
Also, I think that one of the other party members should be an AT, and the Fusion Dragon would be an excellent SSE boss (or the 3-headed one from the end of Lost Age.
I'd prefer an adept boss personally - perhaps Saturos/Menardi or Agatio/Karst teams (or both, even), or perhaps Alex. One of the Dragons would be all right though, although I suspect other series will be contributing draconic bosses anyway (Ridley will probably be a boss even if hes also playable, Fire Emblem's most iconic boss is the Dark Dragon Medeus [and Dragons are a common boss in the series overall], Rayquaza may well be a Pokèmon boss, Bowser is somewhat draconic himself, etc). But some Golden Sun ATs would be great, yeah. Perhaps Felix and Jenna from the protagonists and either Saturos & Menardi or Alex from the antagonists.

Zevox

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Though he's never... really used his fists in the game.
In fact, he does. If you unequip his weapon, he attacks with his fists, as well as the other characters.

Arteen

Smash Lord
In fact, he does. If you unequip his weapon, he attacks with his fists, as well as the other characters.
Neat. I never knew that. I just checked and you are indeed correct. What I wonder is why you would go into battle without a weapon equipped in the first place. ;)

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Neat. I never knew that. I just checked and you are indeed correct. What I wonder is why you would go into battle without a weapon equipped in the first place. ;)
Because I'm so amazingly freak when it comes to Golden Sun that I've tried every possible thing in the games. Even defeating Saturos & Menardi at the begining of the first game (by the way, no matter how long you fight against them, they have infinite HP).

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
I think that using his fists would be pretty weird.

I mean he wears armor, so he needs a weapon. It would make more sense if a character like Alex uses his fists

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I really liked sol sanctum. That place was amazing. I personally like all the lighthouses (except Mars, that one wasn't very nice looking with all the ice you had to destroy :|)

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
For Venus lighthouse, we could start off battle at the bottom and it rides up the tower eventually through different levels of the stage with the elevator thingy. And get to the top.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
I kinda liked Kraden, because he explained most of the game's backstory, like where Alchemy came from, etc.

Man, I'm getting kinda nervous though. The more I think about it, it'd be really easy for Sakurai to just pass over Isaac. If he consider him though, he should see that Isaac would be incredibly unique. And, without Isaac, we can't have the Venus Lighthouse music in Brawl..; ;

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I kinda liked Kraden, because he explained most of the game's backstory, like where Alchemy came from, etc.

Man, I'm getting kinda nervous though. The more I think about it, it'd be really easy for Sakurai to just pass over Isaac. If he consider him though, he should see that Isaac would be incredibly unique. And, without Isaac, we can't have the Venus Lighthouse music in Brawl..; ;
and if that happened Brawl would be a total failure. I wouldn't buy it.

It best have playable Isaac and Venus Lighthouse music! Seriously, I listened through the whole GS (TLA, at least) soundtrack and that really is, I think, the best song for Brawl.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
That's what I'm saying. I mean, Isaac is my only absolute favorite video game character that isn't already in Brawl and has a realistic chance(stupid Microsoft ruined Banjo and Kazooie's chances).

But honestly, for some reason I'm thinking the loss of that epic song would be a greater loss to Brawl than Isaac himself. I mean, our rep could be Garet, for all I care, if Venus Lighthouse music is in.

Meh, I'm just kinda schizophrenic tonight. Go Isaac!

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
...Really? You wouldn't buy it?

I'd be disappointed, sure, but I'd still have to buy this game, even if Isaac is my second favorite character.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I'd still buy it, but I'd never stop thinking that this game wasn't all it could be. I mean, with my luck, Isaac will be a trophy, Ridley will be a Subspace boss, Olimar will be an AT, and K. Rool will be a sticker.
That would be a disaster/
Except for k.rool being a sticker;)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
...Really? You wouldn't buy it?

I'd be disappointed, sure, but I'd still have to buy this game, even if Isaac is my second favorite character.
I might buy it, but I don't know. So far the character choices haven't interested me all that much. (Aside from King Dedede, he's one I've been wanting in forever.). Characters are a big factor in whether I enjoy this game or not.

Isaac IS my most supported character, and I remember thinking all of the time when I first got into Golden Sun "Isaac is the perfect character for another SSB game, if there is one." Now that there actually is another SSB game coming out, I expect him to be in it.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I would still buy the game if he wasn't in it, but it would be a sorely missed addition.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I highly, highly doubt this, but considering Golden sun is an Rpg, what if we got a switchable move set (pokemon trainer-esque) with a couple of golden sun characters.

Zorya

Smash Ace
If Isaac did get in, do you think he'd stand a chance against the top tier Fox? or even Sonic? OHH NO!!

Top Bottom