• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Though I prefer having Jenna, Alex would be pretty good. He being a villain and all that stuff increases his chances indeed. And remember, he's the only one in the whole series who can modify his own thoughts when you read his mind xDDD
Plus, he would just be totally unique, with the whole weapon-less, water/ice thing.

My only problem, would be with his move set. Since we haven't actually seen the extent of his power, and so, only standard mercury psynergy could be implemented for him.

Spoiler:
His Final Smash would most likely be him using his part of the Golden Sun to go super powered for a short while. Although I don't know, if he can use it, while Isaac has part of it.
EDIT: We really don't know much about Alex sadly =(
Golden Sun 3 please Camelot!

Dave

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I honestly wouldn't be very happy if Golden Sun had two representations... I think Isaac, some items, stickers, and Assist/Trophies are enough for character representation. I think there are other series out there that deserve a second character more than Golden Sun would, but I honestly wouldn't mind too much. If they did add a second though, I would like to see Jenna as well as Isaac.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
You guys prefer Issac wielding Gaia Blade from GS1 or Sol Blade from GS2? I would like Issac to wield Sol Blade in Brawl since its basically the strongest and coolest sword. With a cool ability. =)

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
Yo Dave, I remember seeing your moveset from before, what did you put for his Up B recovery move? I want his Up B to be his Meggido move from his Sol Blade, going up and hitting a fireball down. It would be soo cool!

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
By the way, is there a topic on this thread debating about the icon theory? If the theory remains the way it is (with only 21 world icons), Isaac's chances look very grim indeed...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The alphabetical part of the theory was completely blown out of the water with the revealing of the DS icon. Don't worry too much.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
So, are you guys interested in a new thread at all? One of you could ask the mods for permission to do it, if we all agree?

Or does it not really matter? I guess it's not too important, your call ^_^

EDIT: Unless someone can get Cos. to update the first post - that would be much easier.

Dave

Arteen

Smash Lord
By the way, is there a topic on this thread debating about the icon theory? If the theory remains the way it is (with only 21 world icons), Isaac's chances look very grim indeed...
Okay, there are at least 21 icons, with two blank spaces. One blank space (spot 13) logically belongs to the G&W icon, so lets assume the Mr G&W is in. Let's make two more realistic assumptions. First, we assume a new Nintendo series gets represented, and guess that Captain Olimar will be playable; that seems like a reasonable guess. Second, lets assume that we will get a third third-party character, say, Rockman (Megaman); also, a reasonable guess. Those are two new, distinct series, so they would each get their own icon. My disbelief of the ridiculous alphabetical jury-rigging aside, alphabetically, there's room for either in spot 19, but not both. That would mean that the other series would end up at spot 22+, which kills off the alphabetization theory anyway.

Let's say one of my assumptions is incorrect.
1) No Mr G&W: If there is no Mr G&W, then the icon theory is (more) dead because there's no other series that would logically fit into that spot.
2) No new Nintendo series gets represented: This seems quite unlikely. It's been over half a decade since the last game in the series, so you would think that Sakurai would consider at least one new series from that timeframe. The most obvious choice is Olimar; I really can't believe that he won't make it in.
3) No additional third-party character: This seems unlikely as well; most people seem to think that we will get at least 3. Sakurai did say that, other than Snake, the game would likely have 1 or 2 more.
2&3) No new series at all? That doesn't seem at all likely.

Therefore, there is nothing grim about his chances. The theory just doesn't make sense.

So, basically, icon theory is dumb.

Roy4theBrawl

Smash Cadet
Issac (Golden Sun)

I played through Golden Sun and I found it to be a really good game. Sadly, I think that it's a really good game but Nintendo either ignores it or forgets about it completely. But I am supporting Isaac for Brawl. He'd be a good addition.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Nintendo hasn't forgot about it. They want Camelot to make another one. :)

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
So, are you guys interested in a new thread at all? One of you could ask the mods for permission to do it, if we all agree?

Or does it not really matter? I guess it's not too important, your call ^_^

EDIT: Unless someone can get Cos. to update the first post - that would be much easier.

Dave
Yea I agree, we need it updated or a new one. New pictures, information on Issac, and more possible movesets would be very nice.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
You guys prefer Issac wielding Gaia Blade from GS1 or Sol Blade from GS2? I would like Issac to wield Sol Blade in Brawl since its basically the strongest and coolest sword. With a cool ability. =)
Gaia Blade all the way.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I don't remember if this idea has been brought up or not, but what if one of Isaac's special moves, let's down B, was to set or put on standby a Djinn and his other specials and his FS change with each command? I know it's a cycling moveset like Pokemon Trainer's and Zelda's, but I think it stays true to the game.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember if this idea has been brought up or not, but what if one of Isaac's special moves, let's down B, was to set or put on standby a Djinn and his other specials and his FS change with each command? I know it's a cycling moveset like Pokemon Trainer's and Zelda's, but I think it stays true to the game.
I think Arteen had a similar idea, all the way back on page 10 or 11 ^_^

Not sure if it used a special move, to set or put on standby the djinn. It would stay true to the game, but be a little harder to implement. Although Sakurai is really awesome at being creative with stuff like this. I don't have much of an opinion.

Expand on your idea a little more...

Dave

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
I somehow don't think Sakurai would be cruel enough to make Isaac an AT. He's more worthy than every AT/Pokeball so far, and he would be the first from his series. He's either playable, or not in at all. Seeing him as an Assist Trophy, all beautifully rendered and whatnot, would just make me cry.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I think Arteen had a similar idea, all the way back on page 10 or 11 ^_^

Not sure if it used a special move, to set or put on standby the djinn. It would stay true to the game, but be a little harder to implement. Although Sakurai is really awesome at being creative with stuff like this. I don't have much of an opinion.

Expand on your idea a little more...

Dave
I'll try to expand but it's been awhile since I played the game. I was thinking Isaac could cycle through the Djinn in a pre-determind sequence (like PT), and he can have a different moveset depending on which is set (Mars, Mercury, Venus, Jupiter). Also his Final Smash changes depending on which Djinn you have. (Judgement for Venus, Meteor for Mars, etc.)

Yeah, I just saw Arteen's idea, thank you for pointing me there. Unfortunately, my idea is inferior to his as his involves a combination of Djinn, whereas mine is just one at a time. Though, my idea changes FS and specials. Also in my idea there's no bearing in stats, but that only makes Arteen's idea more faithful.

However, since our ideas are similar, you can only imagine what Sakurai can do.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to expand but it's been awhile since I played the game. I was thinking Isaac could cycle through the Djinn in a pre-determind sequence (like PT), and he can have a different moveset depending on which is set (Mars, Mercury, Venus, Jupiter). Also his Final Smash changes depending on which Djinn you have. (Judgement for Venus, Meteor for Mars, etc.)

Yeah, I just saw Arteen's idea, thank you for pointing me there. Unfortunately, my idea is inferior to his as his involves a combination of Djinn, whereas mine is just one at a time. Though, my idea changes FS and specials. Also in my idea there's no bearing in stats, but that only makes Arteen's idea more faithful.

That's cool. Yeah, Sakurai could potentially implement Isaac as a playable character in an extremely clever fashion.

You know, I don't worry in the least, about Isaac's moveset. I might have my own ideas for movesets but If he's in, I just know he'll be awesome in every way, and I'll have no regrets, playing an awesome character!

Dave

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
No, you're most likely thinking about Ivan, the Jupiter (wind) Adept. Ivan and Isaac both have blond hair, but Isaac looks a little older, and I find him much cooler. Plus, he's a Venus (earth) Adept, and we don't have many earth style attacks in Brawl yet.

I can't believe Isaac won over hot shots like Pit, and Zelda in that game thingy. That's quite amazing in my eyes. GO ISSAC!

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe Isaac won over hot shots like Pit, and Zelda in that game thingy. That's quite amazing in my eyes. GO ISSAC!
Yeah, that was a great triumph. But, you know, having Mario, Samus and Claus as rivals in his next round, I guess his chances are very slim...

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
if isaac was to use djinns in his move set, I think it would be something simple like you use one for some of his smashes and special moves. for example:
1.smash>-flint(cleave)

2.VB- I forgot the name of this one, but its the one that severly boosts your defence when you use it. it would create the "wall" infront of you completely blocking the attacks. after use it would remain there for a period so you can create some distance between you and the enemy. only one wall can be up at once and you have a cool down time of 2 seconds after the first one dissapears beforeyou can make another.

>B- I also forgot the name of this one, but when you use it, you unleash a downward lunge/slash. this move not only causes your opponent damage but it also recovers your health the same amout as damage dealt to the enemy. this attack has a bit of start up lag, but it has no ending lag.

these are some of the attacks I could think of, I would have added more but I havntplayed golden sun in a while(lost the cartridge).

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
if isaac was to use djinns in his move set, I think it would be something simple like you use one for some of his smashes and special moves. for example:
1.smash>-flint(cleave)

2.VB- I forgot the name of this one, but its the one that severly boosts your defence when you use it. it would create the "wall" infront of you completely blocking the attacks. after use it would remain there for a period so you can create some distance between you and the enemy. only one wall can be up at once and you have a cool down time of 2 seconds after the first one dissapears beforeyou can make another.

>B- I also forgot the name of this one, but when you use it, you unleash a downward lunge/slash. this move not only causes your opponent damage but it also recovers your health the same amout as damage dealt to the enemy. this attack has a bit of start up lag, but it has no ending lag.

these are some of the attacks I could think of, I would have added more but I havntplayed golden sun in a while(lost the cartridge).
Iron and Sap I believe

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
God, Brawl needs more Golden Sun indeed.

I think a Dijnn moveset would be a little complicated, don't you think? I'd rather an item that alters your smash attacks (like the idea already suggested in here), I think that would be great.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
I think his B moves should just be psynergy personally.

I think Djinn work best as Smash attacks. Although, I personally think the Djinn could appear as a single, or multiple Assist Trophies. You grab the AT, and it spawns a ton of Djinn of different elements, that rush around unleashing their respective attacks - I think that would be pretty cool.

Or perhaps, on a Golden Sun themed stage, Djinn could be a regular item, and when you collect a certain amount, they unleash their respective summons - That could also be cool.

Anyway, It's almost impossible to predict, how things will get represented if they get represented.

All of you keep your fingers crossed for the best :)

EDIT: Another possibility on a Golden Sun themed stage, is that the summons just randomly attack as stage hazards! =D If there is a Golden Sun stage, and it's not at least as half kick-*** as it should be, I will be thoroughly disappointed.

Dave

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Don't you think that would be a tad bit complicated?

I'd just prefer them as individual items.
djinns as moves? complicated? nonsense!

if you pay attention to the booklet, you see the djinns "equip" them selfs like armor to you clothes. they just hang out on you till the time comes. so if you were to use lets say sap to drain you opponents, one would pop up on your shoulder and send power visibly into your sword. or it would pop up on your sholder and glow as you attacked.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hmm, I guess Isaac, if in, wouldbe more likely to have a Djinn based moveset. Sakurai's been shying away from sword users, or at least trying to cut pottential ones out, such as Goroh, Lyn, Gray Fox, and Saki. While I think the katana triplets there are probably cut out for a possble Takamaru inclusion, it still stands that sword users have less of a cance. Thus, I wouldn't be surprised ifIsaac's sword was cut out al together, in favor of a psyenergy based moveset. =/

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Hmm, I guess Isaac, if in, wouldbe more likely to have a Djinn based moveset. Sakurai's been shying away from sword users, or at least trying to cut pottential ones out, such as Goroh, Lyn, Gray Fox, and Saki. While I think the katana triplets there are probably cut out for a possble Takamaru inclusion, it still stands that sword users have less of a cance. Thus, I wouldn't be surprised ifIsaac's sword was cut out al together, in favor of a psyenergy based moveset. =/
well, I doubt he would completely cut out the sword all togeather. he might use it for things such as tilt attacks or something, but I doubt he would completely cut it out when he uses it so much in game. he probably will use mainly psy energy the most, followed by the sword, then his fists. or just psy energy djinns and sword, whatever works.

Arteen

Smash Lord
The way you originally stated your idea, it sounded like B-down would set a Venus djinni, and it would act as a charging move of sorts, making Isaac temporarily more powerful. Brawl currently doesn't have a character that can charge like that in the game.

If implemented properly, that idea could be really neat. Some smash or B moves could burn players with a Mars djinni set, or freeze them for an instant with Mercury if they had high enough damage. With a Jupiter djinni set, his moveset could be more evasive and recovery-centric, and Venus could be a balanced moveset. Even if his moves were more-or-less the same across elemental types, it could still be fun.

Indeed. I would love to see him come up with something more fun and unique than our ideas. I bet he can't. :cool:

I strongly expect that Isaac's use of the sword will be similar to Link's. Link has a sword and he uses it for mostly normal attacks, but the sword doesn't have much range on it, and Link's most important moves (hookshot, boomarang, arrows, bombs) don't use the sword at all. He's not really much of a swordsman compared to Marth or Roy. Isaac probably won't be much of a swordsman either, using it for some attacks, but relying heavily on psynergy and djinn.

Top Bottom