• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) Comfirmed for AT!

Arteen

Smash Lord
Wow, finally. I've been worried about the complete lack of Golden Sun in Brawl. Any idea how he's unlocked, or what he does?

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
That sucks...

Isaac deserves better. He's way cooler than this. Course, so is Lyn.

Yet ROB's playable. :/

Here's hoping for Felix.... *heavy sigh*

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
YES! This improves his odds in the next Smash game...

Seriously, I hope there is a way for AR to hack ATs now!

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
This pleases me. The lack of him as playable was my only real disappointment with the playable roster.

It's also nice that Assist Trophies are unlockable, too. The lack of new ones appearing in videos had me worried that there weren't many more than what we'd already seen. It also adds even more depth to the game :)

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
YES! This improves his odds in the next Smash game...
Exactly! All these assist trophy characters and *certain boss characters* whom we are annoyed at not getting this time around can certainly be counted on to have a fighting chance for a spot in the next game.

It's nice to see Isaac as a assist trophy at least, I wonder what he does?

LuisMa316

Smash Cadet
Exactly! All these assist trophy characters and *certain boss characters* whom we are annoyed at not getting this time around can certainly be counted on to have a fighting chance for a spot in the next game.

I wouldn't get my hopes up though.

Even so....we have to wait fot the next Gen of Nintendo.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman

There won't be a next Smash. And if by some chance there is, it will be WORSE than this game for sure. Remember, before Sakurai joined we we're just going to get melee with wi-fi slapped on it.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
There won't be a next Smash. And if by some chance there is, it will be WORSE than this game for sure. Remember, before Sakurai joined we we're just going to get melee with wi-fi slapped on it.
Reference please?

Arteen

Smash Lord
I just hope whatever he does is flashy like in the games. He better not just swing his sword around.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
This prooves it then. Assist trophies were not for characters that were not roster worthy, they were for character cop-outs.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Reference please?
Iwata has stated this several times. For example, in the recent "Iwata Asks" column (where he actually does more talking than asking, mind you)...

Iwata said:
Well, I had considered what I would do if you turned me down and decided that I would need to take the existing Smash Bros. title, Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo GameCube, and try to make it Wi-Fi capable while preserving as much balanced game play as possible in the event you didn’t want to get involved.
http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/ssbb/vol1_page2.jsp

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Way to completely neglect Golden Sun, Sakurai. I'm sure he only put this in to half satisfy us GS fans.
Seriously, Isaac deserved way more than this. Especially deserved way more than Wolf (I won't ever stop raging about Wolf. Clone or not, he doesn't deserve to be in).
If he doesn't use Ragnarök or Judgment, he'll be pretty lame on a large scale. Not really, the only lame thing he could do is a generic slash-n-hack. But seeing how ATs have been going so far, that will be the case.

Please, somebody get pictures or a video of this asap.

gsarany

Smash Cadet
It would have been way better if he was playable. This is the reason I hate ATs. Stafy got turned into an AT and now Isaac. I wouldnt of cared if they even made the guy from super punch out a playable character it would have given us more playable characters that are totally unique to the ones we already know.

Viral

Smash Apprentice
Well it's better than nothing. A lot of people doubted him being in the game at all.

Isaac for the next Smash Bros ;).

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
*sighs*

It really is better than nothing though. It's not right, but we have to deal with it. (Oh, how I hate not being able to do anything when something isn't right. :()

I can't wait to see what he looks like. I really hope that Sakurai, knowing that we wanted him, put a lot of effort into his AT. Maybe being unlockable signifies that. Here's hoping!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
What I'm hoping for is that ATs are coded like characters (think Wire Frames) so that you can control when AR comes out (when, not if). Those hope look grim, because the seems to function like Pokeballs, and those only had one set pattern of movement.

Arteen

Smash Lord
What I'm hoping for is that ATs are coded like characters (think Wire Frames) so that you can control when AR comes out (when, not if). Those hope look grim, because the seems to function like Pokeballs, and those only had one set pattern of movement.
If I can move left, move right, jump, and attack with Isaac, I'm maining him.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping Krystal is available as an unlockable Assist Trophy. She deserves way better than just a tiny cameo on the Lylat Cruise stage.

Top Bottom