• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Looks great!

It's purpose is to go on shirts and whatnot, right?
Yeah! Shirts, bags, lanyards, wherever you prefer!
I want one right now. It will be pinned with pride on my Isaac cosplay when I head to MCM
That is so nice to read! As a fellow cosplayer and as artist that would be such a honor omg
Very cool! Wish I had one to rep at PAX East later this month, but at the moment I'm just glad it's becoming a reality.
Thank you! I will let you know if they arrive early to see if it can make it in time to you or not ~
Like I previously said, I would have prefer the sun alone without the little spell icons.
I know, I haven't forgotten, just waiting for this batch to arrive to see quality of the the supplier and how they move and I will send some other designs hopefully including the sun on its own ~
Cosplay Update!

The Jacket is now done and looks great along with the undershirt! To think I only started machine sewing four months ago!

(Excuse the moody human. It was 8:15am here)
Amazing, it is looking fantastic, I can't wait to see it done to be honest! The love for the character shows

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Thank you! I will let you know if they arrive early to see if it can make it in time to you or not ~
Let me know if you have any available by end of next week. I'd be happy to pay you for pin+shipping, and then I could share the gospel with fellow pin fanatics at the show. ;)

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
A reminder that the next Golden Sunday in in a month from now. Don't forget to prepare something really good for the day

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
So I really don't post here, since its more or less been a bit of a slow time. However, PapaGenos posted a new video about the possibility of another season (or two) of DLC. Doesn't fully guarantee it'll happen, but there's now always the possibility.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So I really don't post here, since its more or less been a bit of a slow time. However, PapaGenos posted a new video about the possibility of another season (or two) of DLC. Doesn't fully guarantee it'll happen, but there's now always the possibility.
Adding extra DLC slots in and of itself is probably Nintendo covering their bases, like they did when they added extra slots last time that didn't all get used (iirc), or like when they added up to 9 rounds in All-Star previously (even though it only went up to like... six?).

Didn't they already find like 30 extra slots in the data? I mean they're probably just leaving room for future possibilities.

That said, obviously additional waves are totally possible.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Adding extra DLC slots in and of itself is probably Nintendo covering their bases, like they did when they added extra slots last time that didn't all get used (iirc), or like when they added up to 9 rounds in All-Star previously (even though it only went up to like... six?).

Didn't they already find like 30 extra slots in the data? I mean they're probably just leaving room for future possibilities.

That said, obviously additional waves are totally possible.
There's also the possibility those slots count alt skins like Inklings's or the Koopalings. Still intrigued to see if anything comes of any of those 30 slots. I can't imagine ALL DLC characters will be like Inklings or the Koopalings.

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
A reminder that the next Golden Sunday in in a month from now. Don't forget to prepare something really good for the day
I'll be having something awesome for sure!

Small Cosplay Update! The Weapon Harness and Belt are now 85% done. All that is left on them is the following
  • Paint the Buttons and Buckle
  • Attach the Buttons to the Harness
...That's it! But I can't start that yet as I need the Plate finished too (doing a week of painting when everything is done). So it is finally time for the final item of clothing to be made. And it is the hardest. THE GLOVES. What makes it difficult is that I will be working with a 1/8 inch seam allowance. It is TINY! The key will be to take it very slowly...yay?

Apart from that, the Gloves shouldn't be too tough. Provided I keep a cool head and figure out the sewing patterns. Wish me luck adepts! I'll need it!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
With both reports of 15 and 30 slots in the data, I believe the 30 slot thing is crazy-preparing for a situation where there's 15 DLC fighters and they all have a model-changing costume. I don't think this will actually happen, but Nintendo/Namco's just thinking "better safe than sorry".

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There's also the possibility those slots count alt skins like Inklings's or the Koopalings. Still intrigued to see if anything comes of any of those 30 slots. I can't imagine ALL DLC characters will be like Inklings or the Koopalings.
With both reports of 15 and 30 slots in the data, I believe the 30 slot thing is crazy-preparing for a situation where there's 15 DLC fighters and they all have a model-changing costume. I don't think this will actually happen, but Nintendo/Namco's just thinking "better safe than sorry".
Are separate skins allotted to their own slots? I wouldn't think that's how things work.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Are separate skins allotted to their own slots? I wouldn't think that's how things work.
Gender options, RD Ike, and Koopalings need separate slots to have their own voices and announcer calls (this is usually dependent on whether or not a language has gendered nouns, for example :ultvillager::ultvillagerf:. Obviously the Koopalings need separate announcer calls in all languages)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Gender options, RD Ike, and Koopalings need separate slots to have their own voices and announcer calls (this is usually dependent on whether or not a language has gendered nouns, for example :ultvillager::ultvillagerf:. Obviously the Koopalings need separate announcer calls in all languages)
Gotcha. Well a lot of the third-parties do offer potential alts (Erdrick I could see getting even more than two slots worth), and Ike and Bayo show that they could end up with alternate sound effects...

So that's even less reason to bank on those numbers.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
So bringing up some speculations since I love those lol: Who do you think are gonna be the remaining 4 DLC characters for DLC Wave 1?

I for my part did some predictions myself. I watched the Game Awards Video for a few times again and gave it some thought. And comparing to Joker I think that the DLC might look like this:

Was kinda hard to put all of these in so pls forgive me that it's kinda split all over the picture lol.

So who do you guys think will make it in for Wave 1?

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I'm of the opinion that Wave 1 will not be all third-parties, so here's my new and improvedTM list! (Keep in mind these are not in order, aside from Joker.)

1. Joker - Persona 5 | Obviously
2. Isaac - Golden Sun | I really do think Isaac will part of Wave 1. I think Sakurai knows the demand, and I think a new GS game is coming out at the perfect time for us. I think the Elemental Stars will align, finally.
3. Erdrick/Hero/Anyone from Dragon Quest - Dragon Quest | With all the hints pointing towards a DQ character, I'm just going to assume it's Erdrick, though this spot could go to any protagonist in the series (the fighter params fight the sword fighter archetype too well for it not to be a hero/protag).
4. Banjo & Kazooie - Banjo-Kazooie | With how buddy-buddy Nintendo and Microsoft are, it seems like a given at this point. I picked Banjo over someone like Master Chief or Steve because I think Banjo scored exceptionally well on the ballot, meaning Sakurai is much more aware of their popularity (also I just don't want Steve or MC in the game).
5. Gen 8 Pokémon - Pokémon | Because **** you.

There you have it! In my first list, I predicted someone from Shin Megami Tensei, and Joker got announced. I also predicted Sora, and it seems like a Dragon Quest character is likely. Maybe I get the company right?

I just got a letter back from Nintendo and it included something I don't think we've seen yet: a way to contact Camelot directly! Use foreignlangcontact@camelot.co.jp to email them directly. This could be a way to get our desires sent straight to Camelot! I say we include this as part of the next Golden Sunday, and let Camelot know directly that we want more Golden Sun!

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I just got a letter back from Nintendo and it included something I don't think we've seen yet: a way to contact Camelot directly! Use foreignlangcontact@camelot.co.jp to email them directly. This could be a way to get our desires sent straight to Camelot! I say we include this as part of the next Golden Sunday, and let Camelot know directly that we want more Golden Sun!
Wow, didn't think we ever get this. Maybe they set it up just now after all the mailing?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So bringing up some speculations since I love those lol: Who do you think are gonna be the remaining 4 DLC characters for DLC Wave 1?

I for my part did some predictions myself. I watched the Game Awards Video for a few times again and gave it some thought. And comparing to Joker I think that the DLC might look like this:

Was kinda hard to put all of these in so pls forgive me that it's kinda split all over the picture lol.

Master Chief and Dante have been disconfirmed by creators.

Also, Yuri and Velvet but no Lloyd?
Wow, this is big! We should definitely include this in our strategy.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Wow, didn't think we ever get this. Maybe they set it up just now after all the mailing?
Wow, this is big! We should definitely include this in our strategy.
I just checked their website (camelot.co.jp, specifically go to the "Company Profile" section and scroll to the bottom), and it's there! I'm about to send them an email right now, just to see what kind of responses we can expect.

EDIT:
Here's the email I'm sending:
"Hello! My name is REAL NAME, and I'm a big fan of the Golden Sun series that Camelot used to create. After receiving a letter from Nintendo of America containing this email address, I wanted to contact you directly to let you know that I would love to see a return of Golden Sun on Nintendo Switch. I think that if the first two games (The Broken Seal and The Lost Age) were remade and combined into the single game they were originally meant to be, it would do very well. The success of games like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Octopath Traveler prove there is still a massive market for RPGs, and with Golden Sun's unique puzzle dungeons and refined and classic combat system, there has never been a better time for a return of the series. Additionally, I hope that a glorious return leads to Isaac's inclusion in Super Smash Bros., since there is no better way to spread knowledge of a game series than to include a character from it as playable in Smash. While the Mario Tennis and Golf series of games are very fun and well made, I believe that Camelot is an RPG company at heart, with series like Shining Force and Golden Sun. I hope this email will, in some small part, help convince you that Golden Sun still has a fanbase in the world, and that it could gain so many more fans with a new release on Nintendo Switch.

Thank you for all the memories,
REAL NAME"

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It can't hurt I suppose, though Nintendo is really the ones who decide whether or not GS gets made.

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I just checked their website (camelot.co.jp, specifically go to the "Company Profile" section and scroll to the bottom), and it's there! I'm about to send them an email right now, just to see what kind of responses we can expect.

EDIT:
Here's the email I'm sending:
"Hello! My name is REAL NAME, and I'm a big fan of the Golden Sun series that Camelot used to create. After receiving a letter from Nintendo of America containing this email address, I wanted to contact you directly to let you know that I would love to see a return of Golden Sun on Nintendo Switch. I think that if the first two games (The Broken Seal and The Lost Age) were remade and combined into the single game they were originally meant to be, it would do very well. The success of games like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Octopath Traveler prove there is still a massive market for RPGs, and with Golden Sun's unique puzzle dungeons and refined and classic combat system, there has never been a better time for a return of the series. Additionally, I hope that a glorious return leads to Isaac's inclusion in Super Smash Bros., since there is no better way to spread knowledge of a game series than to include a character from it as playable in Smash. While the Mario Tennis and Golf series of games are very fun and well made, I believe that Camelot is an RPG company at heart, with series like Shining Force and Golden Sun. I hope this email will, in some small part, help convince you that Golden Sun still has a fanbase in the world, and that it could gain so many more fans with a new release on Nintendo Switch.

Thank you for all the memories,
REAL NAME"
Nice, have you shared to mail address to sites outside of Smashboards? That can really help let them notice the demand.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Wow, your letter hit the jackpot. We've appealed to Nintendo, now the next step only makes sense to appeal to Camelot as well. The brothers last statement was the series coming back if they felt enough fans demanding it (with some fans like myself having no idea the brothers even made such a statement). Fire Emblem was declining in sales and nearly given the boot by Nintendo but the developers of Fire Emblem appealed to Nintendo to be given one more chance.

I think if Camelot were to approach in a similar vein (with the knowledge that fans have been asking for the series to return), I don't see why Nintendo would outright tell them no (especially since while Fire Emblem had declining sales, Golden Sun was selling quite well, Dark Dawn didn't manage to hit a mil like the two previous entries but it also didn't sell horribly). If we decide to go about this similarly to the letter campaign, I'll wait to send an email at the appropriate stated time, but boy am I so ready to finally directly appeal to Camelot, like let's go lol.

Last edited:

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Master Chief and Dante have been disconfirmed by creators.

Also, Yuri and Velvet but no Lloyd?
Oh did they? I didn't know that they did lol, I'll wait and see regardless if they are just fooling with people or if they are being serious.

And yeah after ToV released on Switch as well I have been thinking who the character for the Tales of Series might be (if there is gonna be one in the first place). I heard that Nintendo confirmed that Mii Costumes will be returning again. And I hate it to break to our Lloyd Bros but it might be the case that he will end up being a Mii Costume again and giving the spot to another Tales of Character.
The critia they could go for when it comes to choosing the Tales of character might be: Nintendo History, Most Popular or Latest game in the series.
If we go through all of them we would have Lloyd with the Nintendo History (in regards of how well known he is in the nintendo community), Yuri for being the most popular character in the series and Velvet for having the latest game in the series (regardless of ToV being remastered).

So if Lloyd rly does end up as a Mii Costume again, then those 2 would have the highest chances making it in imo.

And also if Reggie says Joker shows how they are approaching the DLC, then I personally think it must mean something among the lines of "The character must be that well known or the character's game sold X amount of copies."
If it truly means something like that, then we should expect a character which has a game that sold at least 2.000.000 copies like Persona 5 did.
That's why I actually put some of the more well known 3rd party characters in here, since I still think Nintendo is going for the 3rd party only strategy to get more customers from other platforms into smash bros and therefore into buying a Nintendo Switch.

The marketing strategy behind this DLC might very well be something like: "Oh look at all these awesome 3rd Party Crossovers, you would be a fool not having a switch by now!". At least that's what I could totally see being the case lol.

And FlawedAI FlawedAI I rly RLYYYYY hope Isaac is in this, but I personally think our best bet would be wave 2. If I'm wrong regarding this one then heck, I was never happier to be more wrong in my entire life :D

tbuster766 tbuster766 OMG CAN I STILL BUY THAT STUFF?! I wonder if it tastes like Golden Sun...

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Nice, have you shared to mail address to sites outside of Smashboards? That can really help let them notice the demand.
I've tweeted about it, but my Twitter isn't the biggest, so I tagged a bunch of other accounts. Spread the word as much as you can!

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Oh did they? I didn't know that they did lol, I'll wait and see regardless if they are just fooling with people or if they are being serious.

And yeah after ToV released on Switch as well I have been thinking who the character for the Tales of Series might be (if there is gonna be one in the first place). I heard that Nintendo confirmed that Mii Costumes will be returning again. And I hate it to break to our Lloyd Bros but it might be the case that he will end up being a Mii Costume again and giving the spot to another Tales of Character.
The critia they could go for when it comes to choosing the Tales of character might be: Nintendo History, Most Popular or Latest game in the series.
If we go through all of them we would have Lloyd with the Nintendo History (in regards of how well known he is in the nintendo community), Yuri for being the most popular character in the series and Velvet for having the latest game in the series (regardless of ToV being remastered).

So if Lloyd rly does end up as a Mii Costume again, then those 2 would have the highest chances making it in imo.

And also if Reggie says Joker shows how they are approaching the DLC, then I personally think it must mean something among the lines of "The character must be that well known or the character's game sold X amount of copies."
If it truly means something like that, then we should expect a character which has a game that sold at least 2.000.000 copies like Persona 5 did.
That's why I actually put some of the more well known 3rd party characters in here, since I still think Nintendo is going for the 3rd party only strategy to get more customers from other platforms into smash bros and therefore into buying a Nintendo Switch.

The marketing strategy behind this DLC might very well be something like: "Oh look at all these awesome 3rd Party Crossovers, you would be a fool not having a switch by now!". At least that's what I could totally see being the case lol.

And FlawedAI FlawedAI I rly RLYYYYY hope Isaac is in this, but I personally think our best bet would be wave 2. If I'm wrong regarding this one then heck, I was never happier to be more wrong in my entire life :D

tbuster766 tbuster766 OMG CAN I STILL BUY THAT STUFF?! I wonder if it tastes like Golden Sun...
Tastes like plants eating the sun :p

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman

Can you explain why Sol's there?
I'm of the opinion that Wave 1 will not be all third-parties, so here's my new and improvedTM list! (Keep in mind these are not in order, aside from Joker.)

1. Joker - Persona 5 | Obviously
2. Isaac - Golden Sun | I really do think Isaac will part of Wave 1. I think Sakurai knows the demand, and I think a new GS game is coming out at the perfect time for us. I think the Elemental Stars will align, finally.
3. Erdrick/Hero/Anyone from Dragon Quest - Dragon Quest | With all the hints pointing towards a DQ character, I'm just going to assume it's Erdrick, though this spot could go to any protagonist in the series (the fighter params fight the sword fighter archetype too well for it not to be a hero/protag).
4. Banjo & Kazooie - Banjo-Kazooie | With how buddy-buddy Nintendo and Microsoft are, it seems like a given at this point. I picked Banjo over someone like Master Chief or Steve because I think Banjo scored exceptionally well on the ballot, meaning Sakurai is much more aware of their popularity (also I just don't want Steve or MC in the game).
5. Gen 8 Pokémon - Pokémon | Because **** you.

There you have it! In my first list, I predicted someone from Shin Megami Tensei, and Joker got announced. I also predicted Sora, and it seems like a Dragon Quest character is likely. Maybe I get the company right?

I wish I had hope like you. I can't see a represented character being upgraded right now and from all of them, him. I almost can't enjoy the game because of our situation right now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I wish I had hope like you. I can't see a represented character being upgraded right now and from all of them, him. I almost can't enjoy the game because of our situation right now.
Yeah I mean, of any, it'd probably be Waluigi.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Yeah I mean, of any, it'd probably be Waluigi.
Yeah if they are only going to do one assist promotion it's probably going to be him and it all depends on whether they choose to do more fighters beyond the fighter pass. Our luck for DLC is if they choose to do promotions beyond Waluigi where Isaac would be easily one of the top contenders in that case.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Can you explain why Sol's there?
Oh right. So I have been thinking about Beat em Up Crossovers. I left out Tekken since Bandai Namco would get Tales imo so I doubt that 2 characters will join the cast for them (I made an exception for Capcom though since they seem to gift their characters to Nintendo lol).

So I was thinking, IF another famous Beat em Up character would make the cut, who would make the most common sense to me? So I thought for a while and came up with a character from Arc System Works, since they are doing very well currently considering games like Dragon Ball Fighterz, the upcoming Granblue Fantasy Versus, a new Guilty Gear and Persona 5 Arena in the future. So since Arc Sys is one of the main developer teams when it comes to modern fighting games, I thought about their iconic characters. And since Smash mostly goes with the main characters, I decided that it must be either Sol Badguy or Ragna the Bloodedge. But since Guilty Gear is the OG of the OGs, I went with Sol. So I thought that Sol might be another character in the fifth category besides Scorpion that might cover the "Beat em Up" aspect of the DLC (if there is one at all).
I hope that I could kinda explain my thought process to you :)

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah if they are only going to do one assist promotion it's probably going to be him and it all depends on whether they choose to do more fighters beyond the fighter pass. Our luck for DLC is if they choose to do promotions beyond Waluigi where Isaac would be easily one of the top contenders in that case.
I imagine if they opted to include non-promotional Nintendo characters as DLC, they'd reevaluate upgrading the roles of some assists, considering without them, the stable is limited (or hindered by other caveats) at this point.

Of course I don't think that will happen with the first wave, but who knows what, if anything, is to follow after. Maybe they'd make everything either third-party and/or promotional, it honestly wouldn't surprise me.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
You'd think of Camelot's characters Waluigi would seem to be the one to get into Smash effortlessly while Isaac would be the harder sell for the roster, but Waluigi can't seem to make the leap past his assist role either. When I'm being silly I joke that it's cause they suffer from the same curse of being owned by Camelot.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I know for a fact that I just hope we can get at least one fan favorite in this fighters pass and that sakurai and Nintendo are considering assist trophy promotions on the table like at all with the Waluigi situation and hypothetically the backlash the Isaac assist trophy brought. do You guys think nintendo is aware of how many golden sun fans are really out there now?

Top Bottom