• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Honestly, what gets me the most isn't Isaac's absence.

It's them waiting so long before deconfirming him and teasing him not once, but twice.

That's just malicious business practices, and I will be damned if I support that. Guess I'll leave my Switch to gather dust.
How exactly does revealing Isaac as an Assist Trophy again count as a "malicious business practice"? He probably wasn't ready to be revealed yet as if he was still in an unfinished state.

And... There. Preorder canceled. I can't believe Smash Bros. Ultimate convinced me to take a chance and spend my money on Fallout 76.

It's even worse knowing that when The Game Awards come around, I was going to vote for Smash Ultimate as the Game of The Year. I'm certain now that I'm giving that vote to God of War (2018).

[ Piranha Plant is announced as a new fighter ]

Yep... Looks like God of War has become my Game of The Year.

I know we're not supposed to be angry, but how can you not be upset? 10 years, an entire decade of waiting, only to have my dreams crushed again.
You just made an extremely regrettable decision, dude. :facepalm:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think you should've check the dates on those posts, but whatever.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Hmph, petty. :glare:

Well, too bad. Have fun missing out.

If I were you, I would choose to purchase it and not let something like this ruin your excitement, there are lots of stuff to enjoy in this game, y'know?
If I were you I wouldn't be commenting on posts that were months old, ya know? Especially when people already have moved on :p

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Just report him for baiting, guys. The guy’s fishing for an angry response, so don’t give him one.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
There's no point rehashing deconfirmation tantrums.
This. And I quoted it twice to emphasis. Not cause my phone glitches the **** up. Totally not that.

Please don’t dig through the thread to bring up prior topics unless it’s absolutely necessary. In this case, it wasn’t necessary.

Dammit...Stupid phone

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Hey there Golden Boiz, how are things? I'm not in here often as I am a Blue Puppet Boi, but I wanted to pop in and see what you guys are talking about and to share a moment you guys might appreciate. Anything big going on? Didn't GS get some trademarks earlier this year/late last year...anything new on that front?

Also, here is my moment: I recently re-discovered Smash Flash 2. I knew it was being heavily worked on for a while, but it's changed a lot since I last played it, and I saw the Golden Boi himself in the roster. Now, of course, since Blue Puppet Boi isn't there I went to what is the next best thing for me: Sora, as I am a big KH fan despite how lackluster the series as been as of late.

So I toyed around with Sora some and found some fun little tricks and combos, but I wanted to move on to all the other characters and try them, and soon I got to Isaac...and it was weird at first. I expected many sword normals, but most of his sword attacks are aerials or smashes, and he has a binding attack as well as a positioning earth spike for his down-B. Then my brain suddenly clicked: "This is what all the Isaac fans keep talking about: he's SO much more than a swordsman and barely even IS a swordsman! He is so unique, man I wish this was Smash Ultimate right now." So I kept exploring other characters, but I keep finding myself coming back to Isaac because he's so strange: a swordsman that really isn't a swordsman.

So I started testing out combos against the CPU and after swapping characters a bunch on random, I got Isaac again and I pulled off a sick combo. I will explain this as if none of you have played SF2 and forgive me that I don't know the names of his moves since I haven't played GS yet.

Isaac's forward special is the Mage Hand-like thing he does as an AT but you can control what it does to en extent: pressing back after making contact has it attack from the opposite side, down is a fist slam, and up is a open-palm scoop that launches them upwards. Well, I landed foward special with the scoop into neutral B binding attack into the scoop again and then into forward-air, then went off-stage hard for a killing forward-air. I burst into hype when I did that. Since then I've kind stuck with Isaac more often than not, and today I just got the sickest one yet imo.

His down-B summons that earth spike, and I did something sick with it: forward-special with the back attack to move Mario closer, grab to down-throw, down-air (which is a lot like Kirby's) , into his down-b earth pillar into up-air for the kill...and I'm in love with him now, he's so much fun to play with his unique playstyle.

Here is hoping that the AT Rule gets destroyed and Isaac shows up for DLC.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Reading Forsaken's post, it makes me again wonder how, hypoethtically, Sakurai would handle Isaac's moveset, and how he'd balance between sword attacks, battle psynergy, utility/puzzle psynergy, djinn...

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Hey chaps! I don't have much to show of my Isaac cosplay progress at the moment because I have been laying down the groundwork for this friday! By the end of Friday, I fully intend to show off a W.I.P jacket for Isaac and maybe even the boots in full completion!

But also, I met a new friend who like me does sewing with the materials I am using so it has been an absolute blast. In fact, yesterday we met up in person and just went at it on the crafting. It was a hoot! So now the quality of the cosplay will be even better. And he has a sewing pattern for Isaac's cape at the beginning of the game!!!

Current progress!

• Scarf is done!
  • Trousers are done!
  • Boots (part 1) are done!
  • Undershirt/tunic is done!
  • Jacket is in progress
  • Boots (part 2) is in progress
  • Belt Buckle is in progress
  • Armour Plate is in progress
  • Weapon Harness to be started...
  • Gloves to be started...
  • Belt to be started...
  • Wig to be started...

I have just under 3 months to finish but for the sewing I have 2 months. The rate things are going, I am almost certain to make it to MCM at least doning the garbs! Fingers crossed for the wig!

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
There's a new fan poll going around made by the same people who made another unofficial ballot where Isaac ranked third. Since assist characters aren't being counted it'd be good if we band to put the support on Felix just for this poll. Worth a shot at least
Hey there Golden Boiz, how are things? I'm not in here often as I am a Blue Puppet Boi, but I wanted to pop in and see what you guys are talking about and to share a moment you guys might appreciate. Anything big going on? Didn't GS get some trademarks earlier this year/late last year...anything new on that front?

Also, here is my moment: I recently re-discovered Smash Flash 2. I knew it was being heavily worked on for a while, but it's changed a lot since I last played it, and I saw the Golden Boi himself in the roster. Now, of course, since Blue Puppet Boi isn't there I went to what is the next best thing for me: Sora, as I am a big KH fan despite how lackluster the series as been as of late.

So I toyed around with Sora some and found some fun little tricks and combos, but I wanted to move on to all the other characters and try them, and soon I got to Isaac...and it was weird at first. I expected many sword normals, but most of his sword attacks are aerials or smashes, and he has a binding attack as well as a positioning earth spike for his down-B. Then my brain suddenly clicked: "This is what all the Isaac fans keep talking about: he's SO much more than a swordsman and barely even IS a swordsman! He is so unique, man I wish this was Smash Ultimate right now." So I kept exploring other characters, but I keep finding myself coming back to Isaac because he's so strange: a swordsman that really isn't a swordsman.

So I started testing out combos against the CPU and after swapping characters a bunch on random, I got Isaac again and I pulled off a sick combo. I will explain this as if none of you have played SF2 and forgive me that I don't know the names of his moves since I haven't played GS yet.

Isaac's forward special is the Mage Hand-like thing he does as an AT but you can control what it does to en extent: pressing back after making contact has it attack from the opposite side, down is a fist slam, and up is a open-palm scoop that launches them upwards. Well, I landed foward special with the scoop into neutral B binding attack into the scoop again and then into forward-air, then went off-stage hard for a killing forward-air. I burst into hype when I did that. Since then I've kind stuck with Isaac more often than not, and today I just got the sickest one yet imo.

His down-B summons that earth spike, and I did something sick with it: forward-special with the back attack to move Mario closer, grab to down-throw, down-air (which is a lot like Kirby's) , into his down-b earth pillar into up-air for the kill...and I'm in love with him now, he's so much fun to play with his unique playstyle.

Here is hoping that the AT Rule gets destroyed and Isaac shows up for DLC.
If you're impressed with his Smash Flash 2 moveset there is tons more he could do beyond that with his psynergy/magic, they just touched the surface of his abilities, glad it made you see the potential he has for a Smash moveset and hopefully you get around to trying the Golden Sun games one day to see what he has in store :)

RandomAce

Smash Champion
There's a new fan poll going around made by the same people who made another unofficial ballot where Isaac ranked third. Since assist characters aren't being counted it'd be good if we band to put the support on Felix just for this poll. Worth a shot at least

If you're impressed with his Smash Flash 2 moveset there is tons more he could do beyond that with his psynergy/magic, they just touched the surface of his abilities, glad it made you see the potential he has for a Smash moveset and hopefully you get around to trying the Golden Sun games one day to see what he has in store :)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a Europe that had a most wanted section and Felix appeared at number 5 (for Isaac).

Is Felix a popular GS character? I feel like he would be the next best thing, since he can do alot of Isaac does. Or be an echo for Isaac and give GS 2 characters.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a Europe that had a most wanted section and Felix appeared at number 5 (for Isaac).

Is Felix a popular GS character? I feel like he would be the next best thing, since he can do alot of Isaac does. Or be an echo for Isaac and give GS 2 characters.
He’s a popular character for sure, definitely second most popular after Isaac. Haven’t seen a lot of independent Smash support for him though, given that all GS fans are probably rallying behind Isaac.

I definitely want Felix though, he’d be a great Echo/semiclone.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Someone needs to make that one spongebob meme where he keeps showing off all the dirty stuff as it gets progressively worse but replace it with fan demands of Isaac and end it with SSF2 with him being in it as playable.

Sorry I couldn't describe it better. Maybe it makes sense?
Eh.. Kinda in a meh mood today. I guess reopening that wound kinda started getting me hopeful again (but about Felix this time for some reason).
I also had a dream where I dropped and broke my laptop. Irrelevant but...dreams are weird.
Edit: Even had a weird day dream about Felix getting in and I was like "That would be so vindicating" but I know better. :') The only real way we get a character is if a game is also coming. I'm sure of it. I think with the outcry though and amount of attention it got (we trended even for a while there) we HAVE TO GET SOMETHING OUT OF THIS. But what...

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
To all my fellows that also voted for Isaac and wait with bated breath for him to one day gain the recognition he deserves....abandon all hope. Embrace despair and know only that potted plants and corporate nepotism will trump your dreams for ever and ever...

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
To all my fellows that also voted for Isaac and wait with bated breath for him to one day gain the recognition he deserves....abandon all hope. Embrace despair and know only that potted plants and corporate nepotism will trump your dreams for ever and ever...
I mean you do you, but I think the way I’m going about things means that while I might suffer more it increases Isaac’s chances in the long run.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Troll, don't respond.

In regards to SSF2, Isaac feels good, but I'm not sold on how much he uses his fists/feet (especially the down-air, which is a little twist thing). I honestly wish he had more Psynergy and less sword attacks, as well. At this point, I just want any form of Isaac in Smash.

Smash Lord

There was a problem fetching the tweet
It was a German Smash poll, Isaac has always been noticeably a very popular request in Europe. Felix does have his fans but it's smarter to still put our efforts towards Isaac since he's the one the majority of people know about and is the face of the series but yeah Felix is the best candidate for an Isaac echo fighter

D

Deleted member

Isaac has so many attacks that can be used in his moveset.

You have the psynergy out-of-battle moves - move, lift, growth, carry, retreat - the djynn and the summons, Isaac's in-battle psynergy moves, like Ragnorak, Mother Gaia, and Quake Sphere.

In Smash, Ness and Lucas use moves from their party members from Earthbound and Mother 3. Isaac could do the same. With this possibility, you also have Garet, Ivan, and Mia's out-of-battle psynergy - force, halt, cloak, reveal, douse, whirlwind, frost - their djynn and summons, their in battle psynergy like Heat Wave, Eruption, and Scorch (IIRC) for Garet, Storm Ray, Plasma, Whirlwind, and even stat boosts like resist (which could work like Cloud's limit charging) for Ivan, and Frost, Tundra, and Glacier for Mia.

Isaac is probably the potential Smash newcomer with the most moveset potential. There's so many ways Sakurai could go with representing him and GS as a game through his moveset.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If it was corporate nepotism we'd be complaining about those seven Kirby characters.

ZelDan

Smash Master
https://mobile.twitter.com/SonicLink125/status/1102743565254373377

The Camelot Bros are being trained by The Reptile Squad as the next big Smash Duo!

Thought you guys would enjoy this! Wasn’t easy to do. If only I could mod/hack the game, it would have been much easier.
cue scenes from their fights where Waluigi awkwardly attempts and fails to get 50% damage by hitting opponents with his butt and Isaac fumbling around and struggling to pilot K Rools jetpack helicopter thingie.

Smash Lord
It's still good to see good Golden Sun art coming out. Please give Mimibit's cute GS art a like and RT. She's 35 likes away from 1k
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Are you already aware of my name change? I used to be Legendary Spirit Tamer. Unless you have me under a different name, anyway. :)
Can we just list you as Irene? I mean I think your name changes more often than the support list at this point.

PK Bash

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be cool to have Isaac as a stance character with his djinn.
Imagine equipping a fire djinn and Isaac's sword gaining fire properties for example. That's what would differentiate him from Shulk. Wind could add a followup strike to his aerials to extend their range a little. I dunno, not a game designer, but if they make that work I think it would be the coolest way to rep what GS is about.

I also like to think he can have traps with Growth vines that he can spawn a little way in front of him (explosive flame style) and that could synergise with Move, which if charged is a windbox (to punish jumping over vines) or uncharged is a short-range command grab.

These sort of things would make him super unique, especially for a sword character, and fun to play no doubt.

I know I never post here but the original Golden Sun is one of my favourite games ever and if I can't have Professor Layton, I definitely want Isaac. Not only for personal attachment but because, as I hope I've indicated, he has potential to be so unique and fun to play.

Maybe in a second dlc wave we can see him. Surely not that hard to just stop his AT from spawning when Isaac is fighting.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I think it would be cool to have Isaac as a stance character with his djinn.
Imagine equipping a fire djinn and Isaac's sword gaining fire properties for example. That's what would differentiate him from Shulk. Wind could add a followup strike to his aerials to extend their range a little. I dunno, not a game designer, but if they make that work I think it would be the coolest way to rep what GS is about.

I also like to think he can have traps with Growth vines that he can spawn a little way in front of him (explosive flame style) and that could synergise with Move, which if charged is a windbox (to punish jumping over vines) or uncharged is a short-range command grab.

These sort of things would make him super unique, especially for a sword character, and fun to play no doubt.

I know I never post here but the original Golden Sun is one of my favourite games ever and if I can't have Professor Layton, I definitely want Isaac. Not only for personal attachment but because, as I hope I've indicated, he has potential to be so unique and fun to play.

Maybe in a second dlc wave we can see him. Surely not that hard to just stop his AT from spawning when Isaac is fighting.
I just hope to god that Nintendo and sakurai do know that Isaac is highly demanded and that demand is enough to have them consider promoting assist trophies in the same game. It’s unknown if we even get a 2nd wave of dlc, but given how early smash came out, I practically think it’s good chances for us.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I finally received an answer written from Nintendo US since Golden Sunday (I'm from France). Nothing special but it's heartwarming.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I finally received an answer written from Nintendo US since Golden Sunday (I'm from France). Nothing special but it's heartwarming.
Wow, really? I live in the US and I've got nothing back from them. Slightly disappointing, though I hope it's because they were overrun with fan mail.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Honestly, what gets me the most isn't Isaac's absence.

It's them waiting so long before deconfirming him and teasing him not once, but twice.

That's just malicious business practices, and I will be damned if I support that. Guess I'll leave my Switch to gather dust.
Wow, eleven likes and counting...
If you really arent playing your switch for this reason (but still spend time on a support forum for this game), I don't know how to help you- the system is amazing and you are missing out for a protest that won't be heard.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wow, eleven likes and counting...
If you really arent playing your switch for this reason (but still spend time on a support forum for this game), I don't know how to help you- the system is amazing and you are missing out for a protest that won't be heard.
That post was made over four months ago.

Top Bottom