• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
That one week with the Grinch leak was the best time in Ultimate speculation. The oppression from the Verge and Box followers seemed to be over, it ended the drought leak, it had convincing evidence, and it was one of the best rosters out there. The only thing that came close was the 2 weeks after K Rool was announced when we all thought it was evidence everything would be decided for the ballot. Normally when leaks are wrong it's pretty great as it opens up hope for other characters like when Gemastsu was taken down but losing the Grinch leak was just demoralizing.

osby

Smash Obsessed
True. Still, so many people, myself included, were convinced it was real, and it had my most wanted, Geno. Him, Isaac, and Banjo-Kazooie would make up a dream roster of fan favorite characters, along with Ridley and K Rool.

My second most wanted was (and still is) Ninten from Mother 1, but I still think the Grinch leak would've been the best timeline
Agreed.

But as I said, there is nothing easier than putting fan favorites together. Grinch leak only had convincing visuals.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I’ve been trying to think of a way to spread the letter campaign to more people. Any ideas?
I shared it around in the Fanzine discord to see if we can send a copy at the same time! Maybe someone with a following sharing it to YouTube could help.

You know, I'm just randomly throwing this out here bc I have no idea how it would work, but did anybody ever consider Golden Sun tarot cards? Or a Zine or poster or something? Large-scale art projects usually get plenty of visibility and attention.
A fanzine has been organized it is now reaching completion! It is funny because my piece (that I shared a sneak peak here) is a reinterpretation of the tarot card "The Sun"! It is going to be digital and free so there is that too. That being said I wouldn't mind joining another GS art project, even launching a kickstarter one with printed version and other rewards would be great

Lurker here. It was the Fire Emblem Compendium. The goal was to draw every FE character and it was successful. It was a ton of fun to partake in!

---------

I actually wanted to suggest something like this for a while, but I could never work up the confidence to say anything until now. The idea I wanted to suggest was that the GS community could do something like the FE Compendium; however, we don't have over 700 characters to choose from, so why not make art of the protagonists, antagonists, bosses, summons, unique djinn, and side characters. It would be a fun way to bring fans together and draw attention to GS. If you guys wanted to do something like that, I'm willing to help if needed.
Hey that sounds super neat! We may not have as many characters but there is plenty to be represented! Maybe even item studies, places or other things from the universe! I'd love to collaborate

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Hey that sounds super neat! We may not have as many characters but there is plenty to be represented! Maybe even item studies, places or other things from the universe! I'd love to collaborate
You know what it seems like there is a fair bit of interest just here, should we just get started on this? I don't mind doing some of the back-end stuff but I'm hardly connected enough to round up a bunch of artists, nor am I myself an artist though I could probably draw one of smaller or easier things.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
You know what it seems like there is a fair bit of interest just here, should we just get started on this? I don't mind doing some of the back-end stuff but I'm hardly connected enough to round up a bunch of artists, nor am I myself an artist though I could probably draw one of smaller or easier things.
I am on board, I can help with the organization and maybe bringing some artists in, definitely think we should contact StoicSeraph StoicSeraph and also the authors of our best renders and see if they want in too.
oh.glory oh.glory since you brought the idea up maybe you want to participate and or organize?
And also anyone else that wants in <3

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I am on board, I can help with the organization and maybe bringing some artists in, definitely think we should contact StoicSeraph StoicSeraph and also the authors of our best renders and see if they want in too.
oh.glory oh.glory since you brought the idea up maybe you want to participate and or organize?
And also anyone else that wants in <3
Okay!

I'll probably need a little time to reach out to the FE group and see how they organized it and then get it set up. I'm thinking though that a spreadsheet with each request and just allow the artists to write their name in next to whoever they want to do would be easiest.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Well if the grinch leak taught me anything than it's to not believe any leak anymore, regardless of how well it was made. (Still hoping for Ballot 2.0 to vote for Isaac again)

So at this point I am just waiting for DLC and see who is going to show up since Joker surprised me so much.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That one week with the Grinch leak was the best time in Ultimate speculation. The oppression from the Verge and Box followers seemed to be over, it ended the drought leak, it had convincing evidence, and it was one of the best rosters out there. The only thing that came close was the 2 weeks after K Rool was announced when we all thought it was evidence everything would be decided for the ballot. Normally when leaks are wrong it's pretty great as it opens up hope for other characters like when Gemastsu was taken down but losing the Grinch leak was just demoralizing.
Agreed.

But as I said, there is nothing easier than putting fan favorites together. Grinch leak only had convincing visuals.
Well if the grinch leak taught me anything than it's to not believe any leak anymore, regardless of how well it was made. (Still hoping for Ballot 2.0 to vote for Isaac again)

So at this point I am just waiting for DLC and see who is going to show up since Joker surprised me so much.
Meanwhile, people are being more easily swayed than ever by the current roster "leak", despite being nothing but text, so they could easily get anything wrong about what Eddy's coming with, on the event he is definitely confirmed.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
With all the information regarding the Grinch leak I was almost convinced it was real, but had a few doubts to prepare for the worst. Then when all these insiders kept coming out one after another (like seriously they were basically one uping their sources) my doubts only increased and while I expected to see Isaac as an assist after the Ken/Incineroar reveal, I was still hoping he wasn't and I got burned out after seeing his reveal trailer.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I only like the [fake] leaks because they bring discussion, but they should not be believed upon. Especially after the Grinch Leak. That should have taught everyone (myself included) a lesson.

It would make things crazy and fun if a “leak” said Isaac was in. Especially if Vergeben said it too despite not believing it himself, but that’s what his sources keep telling him apparently. I wonder how that scenario would go?
———————————————————————

In response to the comparison of FE’s 700+ characters vs GS’s 150? I’m actually ok with that because to me, it’s not over abundant. It’s easier to work with than trying to remember so many characters that most people might not even know about. Plus, we don’t only have to focus on just the characters, as someone here stated. We can focus on the monsters, bosses, summons, djinns, etc. Heck, we could even focus on towns, the lighthouses, the statues, the elemental stars, the elements themselves and the psynergies that they bring, the weapons, etc. There’s plenty that we can work with. We just have to be creative with it.

Edit: words

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I was actually skeptical of the grinch leak at first because of the blurriness of the image. then all the behind the scenes stuff started showing up and I started to get more and more convinced.

Looks like I had the right idea at the start. :urg:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Okay!

I'll probably need a little time to reach out to the FE group and see how they organized it and then get it set up. I'm thinking though that a spreadsheet with each request and just allow the artists to write their name in next to whoever they want to do would be easiest.
The best thing would be having something that allows us to check nothing is repeated, for other type of fan work it would be OK but given the size we would want every artist to contribute with a different character/item, I don't know if the spreadsheet is enough but it could be if we put clear instructions to it.

In response to the comparison of FE’s 700+ characters vs GS’s 150? I’m actually ok with that because to me, it’s not over abundant. It’s easier to work with than trying to remember so many characters that most people might not even know about. Plus, we don’t only have to focus on just the characters, as someone here stated. We can focus on the monsters, bosses, summons, djinns, etc. Heck, we could even focus on towns, the lighthouses, the statues, the elemental stars, the elements themselves and the psynergies that they bring, the weapons, etc. There’s plenty that we can work with. We just have to be creative with it.

I agree, it can help everything stand out better and if we cover more things we can also expand to the creative community in not only character illustration but fans of animal anatomy, botanical, architectural, weaponry and so much more. We could make it something similar to the Zelda books just non official (Art and artifacts, Creating a Champion, etc.) we can divide it in categories in the final work, have it be kinda like a book for research purposes

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace

Plus FE has a flourishing fanbase while we’re... well... sparse. So it’s probably best we don’t have 700 things to draw.

I’m down for this tho! Another event to tack on to the year!

I haven’t drawn anything since I was in high school, and even then I’d hesitate to call it “art”, but I wouldn’t mind dusting off my sketch pad for this.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The main thing that had me unsure about the leak? Banjo's nose being bigger than it's supposed to be. Well, that and something about Kazooie's expression being a little off.

Also, have you guys tried reaching out to users on Deviantart? If not, Stoic Seraphim is the first go-to guy as far as artists go.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Plus FE has a flourishing fanbase while we’re... well... sparse. So it’s probably best we don’t have 700 things to draw.

I’m down for this tho! Another event to tack on to the year!

I haven’t drawn anything since I was in high school, and even then I’d hesitate to call it “art”, but I wouldn’t mind dusting off my sketch pad for this.
We are more people than we seem is just a matter of making a good call, making it attractive and asking the bigger accounts to share it around like Billybae10K Billybae10K Isaac: Venus Adept Isaac: Venus Adept
I can invite those that participated in the fanzine over as well

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I finally summoned Isaac in Smash! I found out on accident that you can keep getting the same spirit over and over as long as you use the “Rematch” thing. It’s not only for spirits that defeated you. It’s probably common knowledge so apologies if it’s already known. I wish I used this on Mia earlier so I can summon another Isaac spirit and level him up to Adult Isaac. Soon...

Also, this moment happened:
93CDCA46-49DA-4D36-B017-C8A3D019699A.jpeg

Having two GS spirits at the same time (and Shadow)?!? Awesome! They were the ones I needed to get Isaac too. Go figure. Haha!

Edit: Also just noticed the number of spirits I have. Heh heh! :smirk:

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
As far as this compendium thing goes, I think we should pop the lid on it in the end of February or beginning of March, not right now. We should try and spread out GS related community events as to not cause fatigue and also give us things to do throughout the year.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Awesome! I'll be sure to send something along with my next project. I'm thinking I'll do an image with either the original four, or some of my favorite GS characters, not sure which. But I'll be sure to let you guys see it, too! I want to see the Golden Sun fandom spread all around the world!

Quick edit: do you recommend a handwritten letter or something typed then printed? I'm leaning towards typed, since it allows for better formatting, but handwritten may seem more genuine.
I would say it all depends on penmanship, I know some people don't write the prettiest. While others look like they are writing a royal decree and look all fancy lol

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
As far as this compendium thing goes, I think we should pop the lid on it in the end of February or beginning of March, not right now. We should try and spread out GS related community events as to not cause fatigue and also give us things to do throughout the year.
March seems like a good time if we are going to go for another Golden Sunday on February, announcing the compendium on March and letting a deadline of about a month for people to work on their pieces is just right

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
March seems like a good time if we are going to go for another Golden Sunday on February, announcing the compendium on March and letting a deadline of about a month for people to work on their pieces is just right
The next Golden Sunday, I believe, is scheduled to be April, as that’s the NA release of Golden Sun The Lost Age.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
If anyone remembers the idea I suggested in this thread several hundred pages ago, I would like to see us do a seasonal event. Like some kind of a “Element Appreciation Month” for each of the 4 elements on one of the seasons and the main characters associated to said element. For example:

Spring/Earth: Isaac, Felix, Matthew & Himi
Summer/Fire: Garet, Jenna, Tyrell & Eoleo
Autumn/Wind: Ivan, Sheba, Karis & Sveta
Winter/Water: Mia, Piers, Rief & Amiti

This is just an example and the months could be in the beginning or in the middle of the season and it will give us 3 months to prepare for each element event. We could even have a banner of the 4 characters associated to their element together (and maybe more characters in the background too) on our channels, websites, Twitter, Reddit, etc. This will also give us room to save a lot of characters for the next event. I think it would be fun and it won’t burn us out either in the meantime. We can even think of special activities or polls or anything that can relate to the season/element/characters that would be fun to do.

Heck, it can be done in a way holidays are done. Like how Christmas is in December. It’s all known, but the real event happens on the 25th. An example: The Venus/Earth Event is on April and it is spread out through the internet. Then on a specific day or week, we celebrate it.

Definitely room for improvement on this idea, but I think it will be fun to do. :)

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
If anyone remembers the idea I suggested in this thread several hundred pages ago, I would like to see us do a seasonal event. Like some kind of a “Element Appreciation Month” for each of the 4 elements on one of the seasons and the main characters associated to said element. For example:

This is just an example and the months could be in the beginning or in the middle of the season and it will give us 3 months to prepare for each element event. We could even have a banner of the 4 characters associated to their element together (and maybe more characters in the background too) on our channels, websites, Twitter, Reddit, etc. This will also give us room to save a lot of characters for the next event. I think it would be fun and it won’t burn us out either in the meantime. We can even think of special activities or polls or anything that can relate to the season/element/characters that would be fun to do.

Heck, it can be done in a way holidays are done. Like how Christmas is in December. It’s all known, but the real event happens on the 25th. An example: The Venus/Earth Event is on April and it is spread out through the internet. Then on a specific day or week, we celebrate it.

Definitely room for improvement on this idea, but I think it will be fun to do. :)
This sounds like a neat idea once we’ve gained a foothold. There’s still a lot to be done.

I’ve been thinking about where we go from here. We need a presence in different social media platforms, but beyond that, we also need a place to call our own. So I might do some research on what it takes/costs to build a forum website. If we’re going to have a resurgence, might as well do it right.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
The next Golden Sunday, I believe, is scheduled to be April, as that’s the NA release of Golden Sun The Lost Age.
Ah thank you for clarifying on that!

Have you seen the spidersonas trend after Into the Spider verse? Because it would be Hella cool seeing people reinterpreting themselves as adepts! Maybe do it with the seasonal theme you suggest!

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
This sounds like a neat idea once we’ve gained a foothold. There’s still a lot to be done.

I’ve been thinking about where we go from here. We need a presence in different social media platforms, but beyond that, we also need a place to call our own. So I might do some research on what it takes/costs to build a forum website. If we’re going to have a resurgence, might as well do it right.
Great idea! It seems like SmashBoards is the central place for Golden Sun fans, so a real place to call our own would be amazing. I'd wager some of us are even willing to donate to help cover costs, but I'm not sure how many. I hope you can get this up!

Fantastic idea! We have to figure out a proper timeframe for this, but I think establishing consistent traditions and practices to commit to every year would be a great way to keep ourselves relevant year round. I can't wait to see everyone's OC Adepts!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Ah thank you for clarifying on that!

Have you seen the spidersonas trend after Into the Spider verse? Because it would be Hella cool seeing people reinterpreting themselves as adepts! Maybe do it with the seasonal theme you suggest!
That would be awesome! Reminds me of Harry Potter fans and how they put themselves in a House: Gryphindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin. We can easily do that with the 4 elements: Venus/Earth, Mars/Fire, Jupiter/Wind, Mercury/Water.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Great idea! It seems like SmashBoards is the central place for Golden Sun fans, so a real place to call our own would be amazing. I'd wager some of us are even willing to donate to help cover costs, but I'm not sure how many. I hope you can get this up!
I was hoping we could hijack one of the old GS fan sites, but it doesn’t seems like the forums for them are open anymore. Shame.

Edit: scratch that, I think Adepts Refuge is still mostly functional lol. But maybe a more personalized site would be better. If I can manage it.

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
That's great because I just started back into the world of higher education and I wasn't really looking forward to taking on a big project right now lol March sounds perfect.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Wish me luck Adepts. Tonight I start my 5 month journey to making a fantastic Isaac cosplay! Practice/self-teaching til the 2nd of Feb and then...
  • Trousers - 2nd-10th February
  • Undershirt - 11th-18th February
  • Scarf - 19th-25th February
  • Catch Up to learn sewing with Leather
  • Gloves - 5th-11th March
  • Boots Pt 1 - 12th-18th March
  • Jacket - 19th March-8th April
  • Shoes - 9th April-22nd April
  • Wig - 23rd April-20th May
  • May 24TH - MCM LONDON COMIC CON
If I have time to do the Sword and Scabbard I will but the top priority is to make the basis of the cosplay so awesome it draws all the attention to our cause!

I think I have enough knowledge of knitted fabric to make the clothing. So I just need the templates now. As for leather, I'm going to have to learn that aren't I? Yikes!

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Wish me luck Adepts. Tonight I start my 5 month journey to making a fantastic Isaac cosplay! Practice/self-teaching til the 2nd of Feb and then...
  • Trousers - 2nd-10th February
  • Undershirt - 11th-18th February
  • Scarf - 19th-25th February
  • Catch Up to learn sewing with Leather
  • Gloves - 5th-11th March
  • Boots Pt 1 - 12th-18th March
  • Jacket - 19th March-8th April
  • Shoes - 9th April-22nd April
  • Wig - 23rd April-20th May
  • May 24TH - MCM LONDON COMIC CON
If I have time to do the Sword and Scabbard I will but the top priority is to make the basis of the cosplay so awesome it draws all the attention to our cause!

I think I have enough knowledge of knitted fabric to make the clothing. So I just need the templates now. As for leather, I'm going to have to learn that aren't I? Yikes!
Man, I can't wait! I also want to make Golden Sun cosplays tbh because I think it brings a lot of attention

oh.glory

Smash Rookie
I’m glad you all like the idea! And I’m more than happy to help. I’m decent at art, so I can contribute to something. I can also help organize. Just pm me or let me know.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Just want to pop in and say I’m super proud of you guys as a community for looking forward instead of down. Keep it up!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
I still feel like Isaac and Golden Sun got the short end of the stick here, dragged out of retirement just to be an assist again. Yeah, it's cool he's more fleshed out now, it's just... when Chrom was revealed, even as an echo fighter, it told me that relevancy wasn't exactly a requirement, and the idea was reaffirmed when K. Rool was confirmed minutes later. I guess those two are still active franchises, but still... at least there's always Super Smash Flash 2.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
I still feel like Isaac and Golden Sun got the short end of the stick here, dragged out of retirement just to be an assist again. Yeah, it's cool he's more fleshed out now, it's just... when Chrom was revealed, even as an echo fighter, it told me that relevancy wasn't exactly a requirement, and the idea was reaffirmed when K. Rool was confirmed minutes later. I guess those two are still active franchises, but still... at least there's always Super Smash Flash 2.
What I find pretty sad is how certain people used the whole relevancy argument against King K Rool, but then back pedaled after his reveal to say " Well he's from an active series so Isaac cannot be in smash hur durr."

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
What I find pretty sad is how certain people used the whole relevancy argument against King K Rool, but then back pedaled after his reveal to say " Well he's from an active series so Isaac cannot be in smash hur durr."
Honestly a characters relevancy shouldn't be a factor in deciding against them. So far the characters from dormant franchises we have gotten are from the NES era and I feel there is a whole pool of interesting characters they could choose from if they go outside of that. I was really hoping Isaac's inclusion would benefit the support for other characters in a similar position who are less demanded like Andy, Saki, Ray etc. It's still sad the lack of content the Advance Wars series has in Smash Bros, it's still a good sign for the future that Golden Sun was able to get as much as it did without a playable fighter

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
That’s always what I find so interesting about Isaac’s support and makes me wonder so much.

What makes his demand stand out from other niche Nintendo characters like Andy, Saki, and Ray?

What did GS do to put him on an A tier of high requests?

No disrespect, just curious.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
That’s always what I find so interesting about Isaac’s support and makes me wonder so much.

What makes his demand stand out from other niche Nintendo characters like Andy, Saki, and Ray?

What did GS do to put him on an A tier of high requests?

No disrespect, just curious.
Well Golden Sun sold better than all of them so he is more well known. Plus he has earth abilities and that is pretty neat.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well, this just showed up in my Youtube Notifications.

I hope he goes on to do Mercury Lighthouse this time, because that was the only Lighthouse theme he didn't do.

Top Bottom