• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
All I can say is while January is shaping up to be a great start to our campaign, we best be planning something special we as a fanbase can do for the coming months as well. Sort of come together to lay out a roadmap for this year as organization is key. Also I am planning on possibly making a web comic called the forgotten 4 which is going to star Ray 01 from custom robo, Saki Amamiya from sin and punishment, Andy from advance wars, and of course our golden boy Isaac. Its basically inspired from the likes of Kira and Stoic seraphim on twitter, I wanna sort of do a story where all 4 of them are roommates and just discuss about their lack of a game and the antics of how they play off each other. What do you guys think?
That actually sounds like a fantastic premise.

Also great ideas on the card game so far guys. There is a lot of potential to be had there

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Man, everytime I see LST's sig I find myself missing Quest 64.
I can't tell if serious or not. XD

------------

Anyway, I think a lot of games could make a fun CCG. Problem tends to be how to make it flow right. Like, you could easily making a set of Playing cards based upon the characters alone. Use the main ones for the 4 suits for their Aces, Jacks, Queens, Kings. Oh, look, that's 8. How convenient. Then you got Alex as one of the Jokers(the other one is harder).

Now making a full proper one is harder. I've only worked on two, one inspired by Pokemon, and a Smash one that was a bit more unique, where the focus was getting Special Move cards to allow you to use your stronger skills. I have more thoughts put in the first one(which is Quest 64-based). Another CCG you could easily make Golden Sun cards for is Yugioh.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
I can't tell if serious or not. XD
Brown Haired Boy with a missing dad severe cowlick problems? I identified as our boy, Brian! Man, that was a good game.

*Insert Comic Talks*...What do you guys think?
Sounds like a fun idea, I'd certainly give it a read (and I'm getting those Smash Bros Awkward Zombie Vibes)...though I'd say your biggest obstacle is coming up with a personality for Ray-01...given that it's an ~est 10cm tall robot with no will of its own.

But...I suppose I could help on that front. ;^)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Brown Haired Boy with a missing dad severe cowlick problems? I identified as our boy, Brian! Man, that was a good game.
Your thoughts would be even more welcome in the related threads. ;)

Shameful plugging aside, I honestly love the whole 4 elements thing. It's part of why I got into Golden Sun.

SPEN18

Smash Lord
All I can say is while January is shaping up to be a great start to our campaign, we best be planning something special we as a fanbase can do for the coming months as well. Sort of come together to lay out a roadmap for this year as organization is key. Also I am planning on possibly making a web comic called the forgotten 4 which is going to star Ray 01 from custom robo, Saki Amamiya from sin and punishment, Andy from advance wars, and of course our golden boy Isaac. Its basically inspired from the likes of Kira and Stoic seraphim on twitter, I wanna sort of do a story where all 4 of them are roommates and just discuss about their lack of a game and the antics of how they play off each other. What do you guys think?
Well, Isaac, Andy, and Saki are three of my top 4 requests for Smash.

I like Ray a lot, too.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I already love this idea! As much as I love seeing comics of the main roster cast together, I really want to see more of the lesser known characters like these 4 and more. They need the publicity more than the main roster. I’d totally read it!

Golden Sun 900 page celebratory question

Who is the best Golden Girl? (Jenna, Sheba, Mia, Sveta, Karis, Himi, Karst, Menardi, other)

For me it's undoubtedly Sheba (followed by Sveta for a close 2nd)
Agh! That’s a hard choice for me. I love them all for different reasons.
-Jenna representing her element well by being “fiesty” and can call out on your BS.
-Sheba’s sass is great to hear and proving that she’s capable of doing great things.
-Mia is so pure and kind, but don’t tread on her as she can fight back when needed.
-Sveta is just a cute bada**! She also can do a “kamehameha” wave beam? That’s awesome!
-Karis, if I remember correctly, is the logic and brains of the group (unlike someone. lol) and definitely Ivan’s daughter.
-Himi makes me sad that she wasn’t developed more. The first playable female Venus Adept and is the daughter of Susa who you helped slay a dragon at Gaia Rock in TLA. She needs more love!
-Menardi is powerful, scary, cunning and has a freaking Scythe. Even Saturos fears her a bit, I believe.
-Karst is like her sister (Menardi) too, but more...cute?... um...
-Fezhi is just adorable and I love her crush on Isaac. (I want to see more of her) She even went out of her way to find him and give him a Golden Ring as a thank you. (Then I gave the ring to Jenna. lol)

Phew! Even keeping these short for each girl, it was a lot of writing.

If there’s something that all these girls have in common is that they are not exploited like a lot of other girls in a ton of RPGs. Their designs look cute but very practical. They don’t need sexual appeal to be awesome and they have depth and character to them. They are the Golden (Sun) Girls!

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Why not make the comics have a parody tone too? Like they make fun of each others games but in a funny banter?

Either way, another great idea!

D

Deleted member

You know, I'm just randomly throwing this out here bc I have no idea how it would work, but did anybody ever consider Golden Sun tarot cards? Or a Zine or poster or something? Large-scale art projects usually get plenty of visibility and attention.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
You know, I'm just randomly throwing this out here bc I have no idea how it would work, but did anybody ever consider Golden Sun tarot cards? Or a Zine or poster or something? Large-scale art projects usually get plenty of visibility and attention.
I think the Fire Emblem community did a big fan art collection a while back where they got a bunch of artists in the community to draw all the characters or something like that, I'd have to go look it up again but I think it ended up being a pretty big project which I'm sure caught some attention.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
A video on YouTube? Snapchat? Facebook? Whatever people use for social media these days.
lol I don't know why but this gave me a very "old man" impression, "lets just use one of those social media thingys that all those kids use these days"

And I believe Instagram is probably the most popular one at the moment. Though Twitter and Snapchat are up there.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
lol I don't know why but this gave me a very "old man" impression, "lets just use one of those social media thingys that all those kids use these days"

And I believe Instagram is probably the most popular one at the moment. Though Twitter and Snapchat are up there.
This is pretty much me. I may only be 26, but I don’t do the whole social media thing.

A video on YouTube? Snapchat? Facebook? Whatever people use for social media these days.
I don’t have a presence on any of those platforms. It would be nice if we could get YouTubers to talk about it. The issue is I don’t think any YouTuber would want to go out of their way for a letter campaign about a dormant game. Billy might, but even that’s a long shot.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
This is pretty much me. I may only be 26, but I don’t do the whole social media thing.

I don’t have a presence on any of those platforms. It would be nice if we could get YouTubers to talk about it. The issue is I don’t think any YouTuber would want to go out of their way for a letter campaign about a dormant game. Billy might, but even that’s a long shot.
Well if you guys are serious about spearheading a marketing campaign to increase awareness for Golden Sun it might not be a bad idea to have someone on some of the different social media sites since that's how this stuff spreads.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Well if you guys are serious about spearheading a marketing campaign to increase awareness for Golden Sun it might not be a bad idea to have someone on some of the different social media sites since that's how this stuff spreads.
I can’t handle it all on my own tho -.- I needs halp.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I can’t handle it all on my own tho -.- I needs halp.
Sadly I'm really not at a place in my life where I can commit the time needed to manage something like that. I could potentially help run one thing but the most I could probably do is just push whatever things you guys make/do on that site which you would probably need someone who can be a little more proactive for that.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Wow that Render is awesome. I will definitely use it <3

ALSO:

Am I the only one who has a tough time summoning Isaac as an AT when playing Free For Alls?
Like I get Alucard 50% of the time and almost every other one 49% of the time and Isaac like 1%.
I've summoned Isaac a few times. At which point it's obligatory that I pause the game and stare at him in action for a moment.

For me the "assist trophy that never shows up" is Klaptrap, I think I've gotten it once since I got the game on launch day.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

I’m in the same boat as well. I don’t have many Social Media platforms either. Twitter, is the latest Social Media platform I’ve signed up to and that was only because of Splatoon 2’s release. Now I’ve turned it into a consistent Golden Sun awareness place while still being my own thing. And while I do have YouTube, I’m limited to what I can do there (that’s what happens when you don’t have money to afford a better computer and/or better software. lol). However, I will do my best to keep spreading Golden Sun in any way I can. :D

Edit: If you guys need me to do something GS related, I can try to help on that as well.

I've summoned Isaac a few times. At which point it's obligatory that I pause the game and stare at him in action for a moment.

For me the "assist trophy that never shows up" is Klaptrap, I think I've gotten it once since I got the game on launch day.
I must be fortunate because it would be a 45% chance that he will appear for me. I got him to appear first during an online match yesterday. Helped me out quite a bit.

Last edited:

oh.glory

Smash Rookie
I think the Fire Emblem community did a big fan art collection a while back where they got a bunch of artists in the community to draw all the characters or something like that, I'd have to go look it up again but I think it ended up being a pretty big project which I'm sure caught some attention.
Lurker here. It was the Fire Emblem Compendium. The goal was to draw every FE character and it was successful. It was a ton of fun to partake in!

---------

I actually wanted to suggest something like this for a while, but I could never work up the confidence to say anything until now. The idea I wanted to suggest was that the GS community could do something like the FE Compendium; however, we don't have over 700 characters to choose from, so why not make art of the protagonists, antagonists, bosses, summons, unique djinn, and side characters. It would be a fun way to bring fans together and draw attention to GS. If you guys wanted to do something like that, I'm willing to help if needed.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I still have to send a letter to Nintendo...
I do too. Are you typing it up and then printing it? I figure it would probably be better to type it up rather than writing it by hand. (My writing is legible but I probably shouldn't risk it. :p)

I don't really send letters that often so I'm not sure what the proper way to go about it is....

Golden Sun 900 page celebratory question

Who is the best Golden Girl? (Jenna, Sheba, Mia, Sveta, Karis, Himi, Karst, Menardi, other)

For me it's undoubtedly Sheba (followed by Sveta for a close 2nd)
I've always really liked Menardi, she has a badass design. For second place it would probably be a tie between Jenna and Mia.

I actually wanted to suggest something like this for a while, but I could never work up the confidence to say anything until now. The idea I wanted to suggest was that the GS community could do something like the FE Compendium; however, we don't have over 700 characters to choose from, so why not make art of the protagonists, antagonists, bosses, summons, unique djinn, and side characters. It would be a fun way to bring fans together and draw attention to GS. If you guys wanted to do something like that, I'm willing to help if needed.
I'm not really confident at drawing human characters yet but I'd be interested in drawing some enemies for the compendium.

I just remembered that Golden Sun has a boxing ant enemy. How has this never come up in this thread?

In general I feel like Golden Sun monsters don't get a lot of love. I think drawing them could show off another side to Golden Sun that people don't see very often.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Heh, if we're doing art stuff, I can join in, but it'll take me a bit to get it done. I started working on an art project with Isaac, but I figure we should let someone more prominent like StoicSeraphim do him, and I'm totally fine doing side characters. Let me know when to start!

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Lol I can only remember getting Klaptrap once as well.

I just remembered that Golden Sun has a boxing ant enemy
Oh yeah it does, lol. For some reason they remind me of the ant enemies from Earthbound, even though they don't really look alike.

I am not a good artist, but I think something like this could be good. I've seen the FE one, and it was pretty cool with a lot of different art styles. Since there are less GS characters, each character could have multiple artworks.

-------

With the letter writing, a potential art book, and another Golden Sunday coming up (when's the next one, again?), we actually have quite a bit going.

Chiptheblewcat

Smash Rookie
Lurker here. It was the Fire Emblem Compendium. The goal was to draw every FE character and it was successful. It was a ton of fun to partake in!

---------

This is a genius idea, honestly. Count me in, I'd love to draw atleast a unique monster.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
When are we sending the letters and what should I include in mine?
The last week of January is when the letters are going out. No specific day as long as it’s within that time frame.

As for what you want to put in it, anything, really. If you have a story you want to share, share it. If you just want to let them know you want another game, tell them. If you have personal artwork you’d like to share with them, that’s good too. Someone even said they’re going to send a cd of remixes tracks they made. So the sky’s the limit, really.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
The last week of January is when the letters are going out. No specific day as long as it’s within that time frame.

As for what you want to put in it, anything, really. If you have a story you want to share, share it. If you just want to let them know you want another game, tell them. If you have personal artwork you’d like to share with them, that’s good too. Someone even said they’re going to send a cd of remixes tracks they made. So the sky’s the limit, really.
Dope! Hopefully I can get something done before then...

Edit: I have an idea! Hopefully school doesn't eat away all my time before the deadline lol. This will take me probably 20+ hours, so it might be eating away at my productivity for quite some time, heh.

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Dope! Hopefully I can get something done before then...

Edit: I have an idea! Hopefully school doesn't eat away all my time before the deadline lol. This will take me probably 20+ hours, so it might be eating away at my productivity for quite some time, heh.
Here’s my tweet about the campaign for more info.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Here’s my tweet about the campaign for more info.
Awesome! I'll be sure to send something along with my next project. I'm thinking I'll do an image with either the original four, or some of my favorite GS characters, not sure which. But I'll be sure to let you guys see it, too! I want to see the Golden Sun fandom spread all around the world!

Quick edit: do you recommend a handwritten letter or something typed then printed? I'm leaning towards typed, since it allows for better formatting, but handwritten may seem more genuine.

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Awesome! I'll be sure to send something along with my next project. I'm thinking I'll do an image with either the original four, or some of my favorite GS characters, not sure which. But I'll be sure to let you guys see it, too! I want to see the Golden Sun fandom spread all around the world!

Quick edit: do you recommend a handwritten letter or something typed then printed? I'm leaning towards typed, since it allows for better formatting, but handwritten may seem more genuine.
Whatever you’re more comfortable with/have access to. I don’t have a printer so I’m probably going to have to hand write it despite me having terrible handwriting.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Hey Adepts.

If there are any slay the Spire fans in here, I'd like some advice. I thought Isaac would make a really cool character in Slay the Spire, so I started working on a concept for him.

I'm at a rough 0.0.1 build for him, and I would just like to have some feedback on flavor, possibly balance. If you have the time, please take a look at The Stonewhisper The link has comments turned on, so you can give any feedback here or over in the doc itself.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Hello there people. I’m a tad late, but I’m glad to see this thread hit 900. Honestly, I’m kind of shocked it’s gone on this far with social media pushes by some folks, myself included. It would be awesome if this thread hit 1000. I primarily interact with the golden sun community via twitter anymore, Speaking from my own experience. I joined this thread around 400 pages or so, so don’t have AS many memories to recount. But i’ll Always remember how on that awful night vergeben said Isaac was an assist, and I proceeded to break down, several people here ran to offer some support. Made that night a bit easier to bare. I don’t even recall the people who did so, but regardless whoever you were, thanks.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

---------

I'm definitely on board with this idea. Once we have things figured out I'll announce it on the Isaac Allied Adepts Twitter with dates and I'll allow people to send in submissions and maybe even give it a spicy hashtag

Tetiro

Smash Ace

---------

I am very on board for this. That is awesome!

shocktarts17

Smash Ace

---------

I think this is the exact thing that the Golden Sun community needs right now. Spreading the word is good but nothing elicits a reaction quite as strongly as good fan art. If we could get a huge collection of fan art that would be an easy thing to share around social media to help get people's attention.

While I agree that we don't have as many characters as Fire Emblem does, we also frankly don't have as many fans either, so striving just to get an artist for each character, dijinn, summon, and boss would probably already be a good stretch goal. If the support is way higher than I'm guessing and we finish it off real quick we can talk about doubling up.

EDIT: Just a quick look at the Golden Sun wiki suggests if we did all those things we'd have roughly 150 slots to fill.

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Hello there people. I’m a tad late, but I’m glad to see this thread hit 900. Honestly, I’m kind of shocked it’s gone on this far with social media pushes by some folks, myself included. It would be awesome if this thread hit 1000. I primarily interact with the golden sun community via twitter anymore, Speaking from my own experience. I joined this thread around 400 pages or so, so don’t have AS many memories to recount. But i’ll Always remember how on that awful night vergeben said Isaac was an assist, and I proceeded to break down, several people here ran to offer some support. Made that night a bit easier to bare. I don’t even recall the people who did so, but regardless whoever you were, thanks.
Man that day was rough. I didn’t want to believe Veggieburger. I wanted to believe the Grinch.

I don’t regret believing in the Grinch Leak tho, despite it being faked. It was a helluva time for us. And probably did more to spread Golden Sun awareness than we might think. I mean during the peak hype this thread had like a few hundred viewers. Oof.

D

Deleted member

The Grinch leak being fake was one of the worst moments in the history of Smash speculation

osby

Smash Obsessed
The Grinch leak being fake was one of the worst moments in the history of Smash speculation
Eh, it wasn't the first wish-list-y "leak" Smash speculation had. Also even before it turned out to be fake, it spawned literal flame wars.

I liked that it gave us something to talk about during the "info drought", but things got ugly very fast.

D

Deleted member

Eh, it wasn't the first wish-list-y "leak" Smash speculation had. Also even before it turned out to be fake, it spawned literal flame wars.

I liked that it gave us something to talk about during the "info drought", but things got ugly very fast.
True. Still, so many people, myself included, were convinced it was real, and it had my most wanted, Geno. Him, Isaac, and Banjo-Kazooie would make up a dream roster of fan favorite characters, along with Ridley and K Rool.

My second most wanted was (and still is) Ninten from Mother 1, but I still think the Grinch leak would've been the best timeline

Top Bottom