• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
900... wow... I remember joining this thread at around 50-70 pages. It’s been one helluva ride. Not all of it great, admittedly, but we persevered. Let’s make our way to 1k!

ZelDan

Smash Master
I would support a Camelot RPG that’s basically a spiritual revival to Golden Sun. It’s better than nothing and maybe it’s more likely than a new Golden Sun
They'll announce a new RPG called "Silver Moon." You follow the adventure of a teenage boy called Zack and his friend Gary. Eventually these two witness their childhood friend Jenny and scholar Kramer get kidnapped by two scheming villains called Saturn and Miranda. It turns out your other childhood friend and Jenny's brother, Phoenix, has actually sided with these two! You run across a godlike being called the Intelligent one who tasks you with stopping Saturn, Miranda and Phoenix from activating the legendary Greenhouses.

On your journey you meet Ivana and Maya who both join you on your journey. You also can find magical beings known as genies, who grant you different elemental powers, summons, and classes based on how you organize them between all 4 characters' genie bottles.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
They'll announce a new RPG called "Silver Moon." You follow the adventure of a teenage boy called Zack and his friend Gary. Eventually these two witness their childhood friend Jenny and scholar Kramer get kidnapped by two scheming villains called Saturn and Miranda. It turns out your other childhood friend and Jenny's brother, Phoenix, has actually sided with these two! You run across a godlike being called the Intelligent one who tasks you with stopping Saturn, Miranda and Phoenix from activating the legendary Greenhouses.

On your journey you meet Ivana and Maya who both join you on your journey. You also can find magical beings known as genies, who grant you different elemental powers, summons, and classes based on how you organize them between all 4 characters' genie bottles.
This plot sounds familiar for some reason. Hmm?

Kalaam

Smash Ace
And in the sequel you learn that if you don't activate the greenhouses the world will become a giant greenhouse and will dry away like dust.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

This gave me chuckles. Well done my friend.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

That sounds great, can we get a sequel?

At least Zack in Smash.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations on the 900 pages everyone! I am so glad I joined!

ZelDan

Smash Master
That sounds great, can we get a sequel?

At least Zack in Smash.
Yeah, the sequel is called "Silver Moon: The Forgotten Time." You actually see things from Phoenix's perspective and start where from the first game left off. You also have a character named Shiva who is with you at the beginning, and eventually recruit a mythical person named Pierre. Just as much as you meet some new freinds, you have new enemies. You now have Kate and Agatha to contend with, who want revenge against Zack.

Also of course Zack will be in Smash Ultimate, as a free assist trophy update!

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yeah, the sequel is called "Silver Moon: The Forgotten Time." You actually see things from Phoenix's perspective and start where from the first game left off. You also have a character named Shiva who is with you at the beginning, and eventually recruit a mythical person named Pierre. Just as much as you meet some new freinds, you have new enemies. You now have Kate and Agatha to contend with, who want revenge against Zack.

Also of course Zack will be in Smash Ultimate, as a free assist trophy update!
That sounds awesome but now I want 80% of them to just disappear and see the story of their kids.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
That sounds awesome but now I want 80% of them to just disappear and see the story of their kids.
Don't worry man, we get just that in "Silver Moon: Bright Sunset". It's been around twenty years into the future, and you play as Zack and Jenny's son Mattis. He's joined by Tyron, Gary's son, and Karen, Ivana's daughter (Who I personally think should have been named Evan TBH). After the kids wreck Zack's submarine, they have to find a a turtle shell in order to fix it. It sounds lame, I know, but don't worry it never comes up again because Oh no they're attacked by three mysterious villains: Glados, Chains, and Arcanine.

It takes awhile to get there but trust me: the story gets pretty intense about 80% of the way through it.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Don't worry man, we get just that in "Silver Moon: Bright Sunset". It's been around twenty years into the future, and you play as Zack and Jenny's son Mattis. He's joined by Tyron, Gary's son, and Karen, Ivana's daughter (Who I personally think should have been named Evan TBH). After the kids wreck Zack's submarine, they have to find a a turtle shell in order to fix it. It sounds lame, I know, but don't worry it never comes up again because Oh no they're attacked by three mysterious villains: Glados, Chains, and Arcanine.

It takes awhile to get there but trust me: the story gets pretty intense about 80% of the way through it.
Then the series will die off for 8+ years before the birth of a new series, Bronze Star.

Here's to another 100 page everyone.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace

Are we back to making terrible fan fiction like the good old days? Awesome.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Wow! So many games from Camelot I’m seeing! Golden Sun, Silver Moon, Bronze Star. I heard from my sources about another involving Platinum, but still need to do some digging. If anyone else have their sources, let us know!
lol

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Wow! So many games from Camelot I’m seeing! Golden Sun, Silver Moon, Bronze Star. I heard from my sources about another involving Platinum, but still need to do some digging. If anyone else have their sources, let us know!
lol
Platinum Comet is a rumour that my insider called Xengebetagianda said. So its 100% happening.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm glad to see that we've kept together as a community, even after a month since Smash Ultimate's release.

Hitting the milestone of 900 pages - even two months after Isaac's deconfirmation in the chaos of the November Final Direct - is a testament to how strong the Golden Sun fanbase is. I know I don't post that much anymore since I got the game over two months ago, but I'm glad to be a part of this community of fellow Golden Sun fans.

And earlier this week - I managed to summon Isaac's Spirit using the summoning method. Maybe in an alternate universe, that would've been his Fighter Spirit. But regardless, Once an Adept, always an Adept.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
900. Wow. We did it! Impressive considering we're supporting a "lost cause". I believe we have bright things ahead of us, Adepts! Onward to 1000!

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
900. Wow. We did it! Impressive considering we're supporting a "lost cause". I believe we have bright things ahead of us, Adepts! Onward to 1000!
The way I see it, it’s only a lost cause if we give up.

Improbable? Yes.

Impossible? Maybe not.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Remember to bring sunglasses and don't stare straight at the bright things.

Quick question on doing stats for the cards, should I implement a leveling system? Cause this will be alot more complicated (it already is with the different classes and abilities). I will have to make separate ones for each class to go next to the character. For synergy abilities as well as stat changes.

Edit: or make multiple cards for main characters, showing the different psynergies and stats for the class on the card.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
Man, everytime I see LST's sig I find myself missing Quest 64.

-Cue Card Talk-
Personally, it makes sense to me to think of a Golden Sun card game under the concept of the player as the adept:

- Item cards for helping the user/harming the opponent.
- Psynergy Cards for the same
- Djinn Cards for the above.

But Djinns can also have passive boosts on the player when drawn (set), when used they loose these effects (Standby), but can then be used for Summons (going into Recovery afterwards).

...Mind you I'm horrible at card games, but it might be interesting to have a player-focused card game than a minion-focused card game?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Remember to bring sunglasses and don't stare straight at the bright things.

Quick question on doing stats for the cards, should I implement a leveling system? Cause this will be alot more complicated (it already is with the different classes and abilities). I will have to make separate ones for each class to go next to the character. For synergy abilities as well as stat changes.

Edit: or make multiple cards for main characters, showing the different psynergies and stats for the class on the card.
Man, everytime I see LST's sig I find myself missing Quest 64.

Personally, it makes sense to me to think of a Golden Sun card game under the concept of the player as the adept:

- Item cards for helping the user/harming the opponent.
- Psynergy Cards for the same
- Djinn Cards for the above.

But Djinns can also have passive boosts on the player when drawn (set), when used they loose these effects (Standby), but can then be used for Summons (going into Recovery afterwards).

...Mind you I'm horrible at card games, but it might be interesting to have a player-focused card game than a minion-focused card game?
When did we start talking about a Golden Sun CCG?

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
What would your feelings be if, at a Nintendo Direct over the summer, they showed a trailer of GS: DD 2 for the Switch involving an adult Felix, Sheba, Piers, and *insert Mars adept here* riding a Lemurian ship through a psynergy vortex storm?

SPEN18

Smash Lord
That Isaac Amiibo mock-up has such an awesome yellow glow to it.

Also, if there was a GS CCG I'd probably end up spending more money on it than I should.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
All I can say is while January is shaping up to be a great start to our campaign, we best be planning something special we as a fanbase can do for the coming months as well. Sort of come together to lay out a roadmap for this year as organization is key. Also I am planning on possibly making a web comic called the forgotten 4 which is going to star Ray 01 from custom robo, Saki Amamiya from sin and punishment, Andy from advance wars, and of course our golden boy Isaac. Its basically inspired from the likes of Kira and Stoic seraphim on twitter, I wanna sort of do a story where all 4 of them are roommates and just discuss about their lack of a game and the antics of how they play off each other. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
All I can say is while January is shaping up to be a great start to our campaign, we best be planning something special we as a fanbase can do for the coming months as well. Sort of come together to lay out a roadmap for this year as organization is key. Also I am planning on possibly making a web comic called the forgotten 4 which is going to star Ray 01 from custom robo, Saki Amamiya from sin and punishment, Andy from advance wars, and of course our golden boy Isaac. Its basically inspired from the likes of Kira and Stoic seraphim on twitter, I wanna sort of do a story where all 4 of them are roommates and just discuss about their lack of a game and the antics of how they play off each other. What do you guys think?
Sounds like something I would read

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
What would your feelings be if, at a Nintendo Direct over the summer, they showed a trailer of GS: DD 2 for the Switch involving an adult Felix, Sheba, Piers, and *insert Mars adept here* riding a Lemurian ship through a psynergy vortex storm?
We know that, story-wise, Mia's daughter is with Piers aboard his ship, so...it's likely that we'll start off with them or shortly after they go somewhere. If this is the case, DD2 would be bucking the trend of an Earth Adept protagonist...unless, like in TLA, they are the starter character (Piers as some sort of OP tutorial aide), and we later get to control the main protagonist...who may likely be Felix's son, Tobias.

...I made that name up, please don't start scouring through the Golden Sun lore looking for information. I just- needed to give him a name to go by.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Golden Sun 900 page celebratory question

Who is the best Golden Girl? (Jenna, Sheba, Mia, Sveta, Karis, Himi, Karst, Menardi, other)

For me it's undoubtedly Sheba (followed by Sveta for a close 2nd)

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord

Who is the best Golden Girl? (Jenna, Sheba, Mia, Sveta, Karis, Himi, Karst, Menardi, other)

Jenna and Karis are both pretty, has solid offensive Psynergy and great team heals, so they earns a slot on my team nearly all the time on my mono elements playthrough.

Sveta is also cute, but her gimmick turn me off.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
The way I see it, it’s only a lost cause if we give up.

Improbable? Yes.

Impossible? Maybe not.
Who said anything about giving up? :)
That sounds incredible. Funnily enough, I had forgotten about Saki, so maybe I need this comic to refresh my memory!

Hey, I came up with something I think we could use: MIPIS. What is MIPIS? Make Isaac Playable In Smash! I switched my Twitter username to it, and I think we could rally around it, maybe making it a cleaner hashtag or something. Additionally, if you guys can think of an appropriate acronym relating to Golden Sun, then that would be even better. (My lack of experience with the games is showing, lol)

Hmm, for me, it's probably Karis, with Jenna in second. I think her design is the best, most unique, and just from looking at her I know I think her personality.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
That’s simply a great idea. Maybe include other longtime Assist Trophies as secondary characters.

Top Bottom