• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Tbh Joker is a pretty good addition when you consider what we could have that isn't Isaac.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I made sure that Isaac was among the first ATs I encountered when I started playing Ultimate (by going into Training and forcing it :laugh:)

I also made Isaac my Smash tag Icon, though I would have done that regardless.
Anyone knows the best way to get the Isaac costume yet? Been wandering around WoL and haven't seen it yet.
The Shop in the Vault.

I got the Isaac Costume (but not the hair) within a few hours there by luck.

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
You people already said it, Joker is a nice addition. I agree.

I also think all DLC will be third-party, even if I still keep some hope for Isaac. He seems to be the only first-party still in the run with Reggie comment.

If we believe the leaks, we will have Steve and a Square character (I personally believe in Dragon Quest).

Who would be the last two? Who knows?

Possible characters with a history with Nintendo are Banjo, Sora, Phoenix Wright, Layton, Shantae, Tales... Maybe we could even add Rayman in that category. Or even Doom-guy.

But with Joker in, we could even add weirder picks: Spyro, Crash, Master chief, Blizzard character (Thrall, Diablo, Tracer), a LOL character, Katalina, Fortnite guy...

We are still not safe of ****ty picks.

Last edited:

aTTom

Smash Rookie
Anyone knows the best way to get the Isaac costume yet? Been wandering around WoL and haven't seen it yet.
What I did was farm coins in classic mode, then buy up all the unique items in the shop (especially the Mii Outfits and Headgear) to raise the chance of the Isaac gear being next. Buying items also increases the number of shop slots which gives you more chances :)

D

Deleted member

So, I learned another way to get the Isaac spirit; you mix the cores of Garet, Ivan, and Mia's spirits.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Are there legit any first parties left at this point without dipping into the AT pool or starting another wave

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Are there legit any first parties left at this point without dipping into the AT pool or starting another wave
Chibi Robo is still up for grabs I guess.

It just seems like in terms of Nintendo IPs...if Arms or Golden Sun can't get a newcomer as DLC then who can? Rhythm Heaven?

I guess there's that new mecha game but I don't think it has any chance of getting a rep if Arms couldn't get one.

That's why I think these DLC characters are all third party.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Is there a set order to unlocks when you're playing regular smash mode? I got
Ness, Zelda and Bowser as my first unlocks.

Also I got Metagross as my first spirit.

Edit: Just got Isaacs mii costume in the shop!

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Has anyone tried miis online? Can you actually customize their moves or is it the default moveset?

45 minutes until I can finally go home and play....the wait is painful lol

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Has anyone tried miis online? Can you actually customize their moves or is it the default moveset?

45 minutes until I can finally go home and play....the wait is painful lol
Yeah, well, I'm waiting 18 more days.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is there a set order to unlocks when you're playing regular smash mode? I got
Ness, Zelda and Bowser as my first unlocks.

Also I got Metagross as my first spirit.

Edit: Just got Isaacs mii costume in the shop!
Yep! Vs matches have a set order for unlockables, unless you unlock someone out of order through Classic or World of Light, of course. :p

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
You know people are throwing around JRPG characters for a possible square rep but if Joker is any indication then Lara Croft as DLC wouldn't be that shocking.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Well, I guess pretty much anybody is in play at this point if Joker can get in. I like it, but wow was not expecting it. Not sure how to feel about all DLC being third-party though.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Well, I guess pretty much anybody is in play at this point if Joker can get in. I like it, but wow was not expecting it. Not sure how to feel about all DLC being third-party though.
Let’s just hope we can get a 2nd wave off of this. if So, Isaac just might have his promotion in sight! Let’s keep up the demand and support! Also I found this and picture Isaac as the ****** being rescued. (The other two are us the fans of course.)
547EA5B1-5441-475D-B275-A30C9CE39386.jpeg

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Finally got Isaac’s Mii outfit. Just need his wig now.

Anyone know the best set up for the Isaac Mii and voice? Still trying to get him to work. Also his face too. Lol

D

Deleted member

I just bought the outfit on the store. Apparently, on Sundays, the store offers discounts.

Now that I've had about a day or so to digest the game, there's a few adjustments I hope to see. Nothing too major, considering they'd involve using assets, much like what this game has already done.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Hey guys!

Pure Joker supporter here, and I came to this thread after seeing the nice tweet from the Adepts Twitter account. It's really nice to see a lot of positive responses towards my impossible boy. I just wanted to say that I've been a low key Isaac supporter as I have some friends who were really into Golden Sun and I always love seeing unique heroes from new franchises in Smash. Wanted to just say thanks to a lot of you for the warm welcome. Also, I got the Isaac Mii outfit in game! Bought it ASAP. Very cool that that exists and I'm looking forward to making an Isaac Mii. Maybe we will see an assist trophy upgraded in this pack? Reggie said surprises, and that's a surprise. I sure hope so!

Good luck, guys! I'm rooting for you!

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys!

Pure Joker supporter here, and I came to this thread after seeing the nice tweet from the Adepts Twitter account. It's really nice to see a lot of positive responses towards my impossible boy. I just wanted to say that I've been a low key Isaac supporter as I have some friends who were really into Golden Sun and I always love seeing unique heroes from new franchises in Smash. Wanted to just say thanks to a lot of you for the warm welcome. Also, I got the Isaac Mii outfit in game! Bought it ASAP. Very cool that that exists and I'm looking forward to making an Isaac Mii. Maybe we will see an assist trophy upgraded in this pack? Reggie said surprises, and that's a surprise. I sure hope so!

That Kaede pic of yours though

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Hey guys!

Thanks for the support and I'm glad he's here hopefully we get more cool jrpg boys/girls in the game im all for cool 3rd parties I'd love to see dante dragon quest chrono trigger tales no more heroes (no Steve fornite or sans tho)

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Note that every 3rd party still originated in Japan and has Japanese style mostly. Even after all that happened, Lara Croft or Jill Valentine/Leon would still feel enormously awkward to me. And I keep hoping that those western styled characters won't make it in.

Snake is an exception because he is cool and well, Mechs. That's totally japanese.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Also, remember Snake got in because Kojima asked Sakurai for him. I'm still not sure about western style and western third parties becoming common in Smash.

Anyways, I don't think Isaac will be in wave 1. We can hope for wave 2, which I'm pretty sure will happen, but Isaac being a part of it is a wild card. We must not give up on pushing for him, no matter how many times people tell us to shut up. As long as we are not bothering Sakurai himself, it should be ok

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
I don't mean to be that guy, but I don't think the first wave of DLC being all third party is good for Isaac' chances. Lets say we do get a wave 2 of DLC that means that FE Three Houses and Pokemon Gen 8 will be out already, and nintendo will want to promote them. If we get 5 characters again then two of them go to game promotion. Sakurai already expressed interest in adding Rex, and only excluded him because his game was released too late into Smash's development. Rex is also very popular in Japan an has Sakurai bias behind him. In this scenario what is really stopping him from adding Rex. That leaves 2 spots left. Isaac would have to compete with third party characters, other popular nintendo characters, and other assist trophies if they do decide to upgade assists. Lets hope nintendo gets their game promotions out of their system before wave 2 of DLC.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
I don't mean to be that guy, but I don't think the first wave of DLC being all third party is good for Isaac' chances. Lets say we do get a wave 2 of DLC that means that FE Three Houses and Pokemon Gen 8 will be out already, and nintendo will want to promote them. If we get 5 characters again then two of them go to game promotion. Sakurai already expressed interest in adding Rex, and only excluded him because his game was released too late into Smash's development. Rex is also very popular in Japan an has Sakurai bias behind him. In this scenario what is really stopping him from adding Rex. That leaves 2 spots left. Isaac would have to compete with third party characters, other popular nintendo characters, and other assist trophies if they do decide to upgade assists. Lets hope nintendo gets their game promotions out of their system before wave 2 of DLC.
True, but in the meantime we will try to keep Golden Sun as relevant as possible lol.

D

Deleted member

I still say our best option is for the Assist Trophies to get their own fighting mode; a "light heavyweight" division. Now that I've actually played the game and seen how the ATs behaved and how you can grapple with them, and that characters like Isaac are capable of wave dashing (which was something I thought was likely not possible), the opportunity is there to give those characters a little extra to do. Offer $15-20 extra dollars for the mode, which I know seems like excess, but I don't mind paying that much for the chance to play as a character I've wanted for a long time. Only problem I have is how many characters would you limit it to for this mode.

By the way, Midgar is very picky about its ATs. In the normal mode; 17 ATs are not allowed (including Waluigi, oddly enough).

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
To the joker bros in the audience, seriously congrats guys. I’m not a persona fan myself. I’ve never played the series. But I saw a lot of passion, and a decent number of fans seriously pushing for him. So to those of you here, contrats.

As for what this means about the dlc or Isaac? This is actually a huge gain for us honestly. Their first character can be assumed to be their most “hype” character for the dlc cycle, at least to the more casual smash fandom. Similar to Mewtwo in 4. So we can safely assume some of the characters to follow will be relative unknowns to the more mainstream casual smash fandom. Aka Isaac.

But the biggest boon for us is the fact that Reggie’s wording on the matter implied two important things. 1- Each character needs to be a big surprise. Well...what’s a bigger surprise than an assist making the leap? And 2- each character needs to be representing a new franchise for smash. Isaac repping golden sun still remains one of the largest first party series without a playable character.

For the first time in a whole month. I have genuine hope and passion for Isaac again. This information relit the sparks for me. I would rate Isaacs likelihood at a 40% right now. But that’s up MASSIVLEY from a miserable 1% or 2% I was riding on all month. This is one of the best outcomes I could habe realistically hoped for, honestly.
This, honestly. This can only really be good for us. Isaac isn’t in the cold water like many others quite yet. He’s on thin ice, but he’s hanging in there because there’s nothing definitive saying that it’s not possible.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
I now have the image of Adult Isaac, Adult Jenna, Adult Piers, Matthew, Karis, and Tyrell riding a Lemurian ship through a giant storm of Psynergy Vortexes and monsters stuck in my head.

All to the tune of the Pirates of the Caribbean theme.

I'm probably going mad again.

Last edited:

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
I now have the image of Adult Isaac, Adult Jenna, Adult Piers, Matthew, Karis, and Tyrell riding a Lemurian ship through a giant storm of Psynergy Vortexes and monsters stuck in my head.

All to the tune of the Pirates of the Caribbean theme.

I'm probably going mad again.
We're all just craving a new game at this point...lol

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
How would you guys feel if the rest of the dlc was 3rd parties and if so what 3rd parties do you want I'd want at least for the last 4
Ryu H
Dragon Quest anything
Lloyd
Dante just so him and bayo can fight

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
How would you guys feel if the rest of the dlc was 3rd parties and if so what 3rd parties do you want I'd want at least for the last 4
Ryu H
Dragon Quest anything
Lloyd
Phoenix Wright
Lloyd Irving
Terra Branford
Amaterasu

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Totally agreed. I don't want to be that annoying guy again but I think we are probably looking at another good 3-4 years until a new GS is made, which would mean we probably won't get playable Isaac for 5-7 years. DLC is possible for this game but I think it is incredibly unlikely. I don't know why Sakurai decided to shaft Isaac into the AT role when there was still potential to make him DLC if they didn't have time for base game.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Ryu H
Dragon Quest anything
Lloyd
It’s hard for me to choose what character I would want that’s not Isaac (or a GS character) as he’s really the last one I need. Sora has been in my top 5 for awhile, but after going through the speculation cycle of Ultimate, I would rather have Geno get in before Sora does. I guess if I had to choose 3rd party only, I would want to see:

1) Banjo&Kazooe
2) Geno
3) Lloyd
4) Doom Slayer

They’re not on my most wanted list (Isaac being the only one left on that list honestly), but I’ll be happy that they would get in. One of these characters are very likely.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If it was third-party only, who I would want to be in goes like this:

Banjo-Kazooie
Lloyd Irving
Rayman
Crono (who is extremely unlikely, so I'd also settle on Geno for his fans)

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
If it were only third-party, I would like to see:
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Rayman
  • Dragon Quest character
  • Shantae
And if I even had to remove Rayman and Shantae because they are Spirits, I would had:
  • Sora
  • Steve
Yes, I'm one of those who unironically would be pleased with Minecraft content.
I'm a big Kingdom Hearts fan, but Sora is still a bit behind others characters in my list.
I have no attachment with the popular picks Banjo, Geno or Crash. And I even feel Doom guy or Master chief really awkward. Anyway, except maybe Rayman and Steve, I can't see a western character getting in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom