• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Just wanna point out that NoJ could have never told NoA about Isaac popularity
and that GS as a lot of content, but no new music.
If anything, NoA would be sector with the LEAST lack of knowledge.

They know who’s popular and who’s not, and input from fans as they acknowledged a lot of things from fans numerous times. Heck, even Reggie knew of the rage behind Mother 3 since 2007.

I don’t get why people are giving NOA the boot when they seem to be the most knowledgeable. If anything, it was probably NOJ that was shock when they realized that more people were frustrated at Isaac being an AT, if that post from Polar is anything to go by (I have some problems with it).

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
ANNOUNCEMENT
We need to make a big impression to Nintendo on launch day of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate regarding Golden Sun which is when they will be actively looking at social media regarding the game. More details in the recent Isaac's Ultimate Allied Adepts tweet. Whether it's regarding the spirits, AT, or Mii costume show your appreciation while kindly expressing your desire to have Golden Sun come back and for Isaac to join Smash. We can do this guys

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
ANNOUNCEMENT
We need to make a big impression to Nintendo on launch day of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate regarding Golden Sun which is when they will be actively looking at social media regarding the game. More details in the recent Isaac's Ultimate Allied Adepts tweet. Whether it's regarding the spirits, AT, or Mii costume show your appreciation while kindly expressing your desire to have Golden Sun come back and for Isaac to join Smash. We can do this guys
Yeah!!! Already got something GS related planned for the midnight release. I’m stoked!

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
If anything, NoA would be sector with the LEAST lack of knowledge.

They know who’s popular and who’s not, and input from fans as they acknowledged a lot of things from fans numerous times. Heck, even Reggie knew of the rage behind Mother 3 since 2007.

I don’t get why people are giving NOA the boot when they seem to be the most knowledgeable. If anything, it was probably NOJ that was shock when they realized that more people were frustrated at Isaac being an AT, if that post from Polar is anything to go by (I have some problems with it).
The source did state it was NoA that was taken aback. I mean a few of us have felt like some things feel a bit odd/off with the info, but since Polar's source has been validated by several when the doubts were flying in, it doesn't seem much point to try to argue anything different than what's stated. Especially with King K. Rool also seeming like a big shock with his ballot results, much less a character like Isaac who went mysteriously missing in Smash 4.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
The worst part of Isaac Smash speculation (other than him becoming an AT) is that the Smashified Isaac render is what was largely used when Isaac was brought up in discussion/videos.
I wish I had time to work on a proper render worth of Ultimate current quality after the portrait one I did…

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
So Smash is coming out in a few days. I doubt many of us will frequent smashboards as often with the game being out. Is there a # or a specific name we could use as a name tag (during online battles) to draw more attention to Golden Sun? It would stand out more if we all use the same name or #.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly, pick the cheapest. But i would even wait until the site is ready.
The "cheapest" is anything that's not owned already. Usually around $12 or $14. Though I think I can probably get nonstandard domain extensions for cheaper, but its way easier to remember .com and .net.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Anyone have a recording of their Isaac assist reaction they'd be willing to let me meme on?

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Like what reasons?
I mean, Ridley is an incredibly iconic and notable character, who plays a major role in a major Nintendo franchise (also a franchise with no more than 2 reps in any Smash game before Ultimate). If you ignore the issue of feasibility, it's hard to come up with many valid reasons for excluding him, really.

-------

Edit: Motoi Sakuraba now has a track on the website. Of all things, it's the "How to Play" track from Melee lol. What a letdown.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
*sigh*

I so wanted a new Golden Sun remix, especially with the beauties that have been coming out so far. Gangplank Galleon, Lorekeeper Zinnia, Bomb Rush Blush, etc have all been so good. Hopefully DLC is kind to us.

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
*sigh*

I so wanted a new Golden Sun remix, especially with the beauties that have been coming out so far. Gangplank Galleon, Lorekeeper Zinnia, Bomb Rush Blush, etc have all been so good. Hopefully DLC is kind to us.

Which Golden Sun track do you have the in mind

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Edit: Motoi Sakuraba now has a track on the website. Of all things, it's the "How to Play" track from Melee lol. What a letdown.
Oh don't worry there is still a good chance Lloyd Irving will get some really cool Motoi sakuraba tracks from Tales of Symphonia, lol. Our other rpg bro that is still alive somehow and still awaiting to know his outcome confirmed…
lloyd_weaknesses_by_pokesega64-d90t860.jpg

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
This makes me wonder if Golden Sun gets a stage which stage it would be and how would it work.
The general consensus is Venus Lighthouse, with the fight taking place on top and the stage splitting in half every so often. There's a Brawl mod that adds this exact stage into the game, and while I'm not a huge fan of the layout (I found the platforms too small and the stage itself too large), the idea is very cool.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Makes me miss both Isaac and Snake codecs. What a shame.
Given the information we have about Assist trophies able to have data that can toggle them off during certain conditions, should we still hope for Isaac in wave one of dlc or if somehow we get a wave 2? It just would seem like wave 2 is our only chance given how insider information from polar panda did claim there will be no AT Promotions in season 1....

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Given the information we have about Assist trophies able to have data that can toggle them off during certain conditions, should we still hope for Isaac in wave one of dlc or if somehow we get a wave 2? It just would seem like wave 2 is our only chance given how insider information from polar panda did claim there will be no AT Promotions in season 1....
Did someone actually confirm that some Assists and/or Pokéballs will toggle off? I know it was mentioned here but not sure if it was 100% confirmed.

Anyway, you can always hope, man. The chances of Isaac happening in Wave 1, given everything we've seen, are probably pretty low, but they're nonzero.

Edit: grammar

Last edited:

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
Did someone actually confirm that some Assists and/or Pokéballs will toggle off? I know it was mentioned here but not sure if it was 100% confirmed.

Anyway, you can always hope, man. The chances of Isaac happening in Wave 1, given everything we've seen, is probably pretty low, but it's nonzero.
Specifically the Spear Pillar Stage, Palkia and Dialga who are also Pokéballs will not appear in that way due to the appearance in the stage.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yes. You can do this by checking the AT lists in Practice Mode. You can summon any exact AT and Pokemon you want, and some can't be summoned on specific stages. This can totally be used in the future to disable AT's if that character is made playable and is active on the field.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Specifically the Spear Pillar Stage, Palkia and Dialga who are also Pokéballs will not appear in that way due to the appearance in the stage.
Also on the Great Bay, the Moon can't be spawned because it's already in the background trying to do its thing only to be stopped by the Four Giants.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Yes. You can do this by checking the AT lists in Practice Mode. You can summon any exact AT and Pokemon you want, and some can't be summoned on specific stages. This can totally be used in the future to disable AT's if that character is made playable and is active on the field.
Very, very interesting.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
My game got despatched this morning and I will be purely focusing on getting that Mii Swordfighter and Isaac costume. Then I am straight up playing with him online every night.

Our battle for his inclusion has just begun. I am definitely sticking around these boards and discord after the game launches

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
My game got despatched this morning and I will be purely focusing on getting that Mii Swordfighter and Isaac costume. Then I am straight up playing with him online every night.

Our battle for his inclusion has just begun. I am definitely sticking around these boards and discord after the game launches
Same here. I’ll still be an active member on this thread even after the game finally launched. It’s awesome that I have a place where us golden sun fans can gather.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Same here. I’ll still be an active member on this thread even after the game finally launched. It’s awesome that I have a place where us golden sun fans can gather.
Yes! As we should have been doing years ago. We shall not make the same mistake again. We will get Isaac added to the roster. But most importantly, we shall get Golden Sun back!

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Yes! As we should have been doing years ago. We shall not make the same mistake again. We will get Isaac added to the roster. But most importantly, we shall get Golden Sun back!
How quickly can we spread the word that GS fans should not forget about Isaac's cause?

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have a recording of their Isaac assist reaction they'd be willing to let me meme on?
I unfortunately have one. You can PM me about how you want it if you're interested. I'm heavily busy at work right now, so I'm not sure how quickly I could get it to you, though.
I'm also not sure how I feel about reliving that moment, but I'm nothing if not self-aware. :p

Top Bottom