• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Here guys. I think this might be some good food from thought from my bros over at the geno thread.
I would die in excitement and happiness if that happens and I know I won’t be the only one.

Who is this user, btw? A known Isaac fan?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Secretly the character they are talking about is Isaac

You think that's an I in front, but it's been a lowercase L this whole time

lsaac

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Secretly the character they are talking about is Isaac

You think that's an I in front, but it's been a lowercase L this whole time

lsaac
At least wait for that hint to make it to this thread before you bust in with such original jokes. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
At least wait for that hint to make it to this thread before you bust in with such original jokes. :p
Ah, but originality doesn't wait politely and knock, it's a pure burst of emotional expression

SPEN18

Smash Champion
What is going on with this secret with Isaac I am so confused.
It's in the rumor mill that a DLC character has a name starting with an L.

So the joke with Isaac is spelling his name with a lowercase L instead of a capital I

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
D851FBC2-AA15-47A6-9149-9603A32B9BE0.jpeg

Got something in the works real soon! A teaser pic for you all! I’m so excited for this week!

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Imma be honest, if this mystery character turns out to be Lloyd, I won’t be very hype. Never played Symphonia. I’m more of a Yuri guy.

That being said I will genuinely be happy for our Lloydbros. And I may even try him out.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Man, I just want some of the DLC to be ballot characters. With the way, the roster looks right now it just looks like fan input doesn't matter and I want to see that it does.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Imma be honest, if this mystery character turns out to be Lloyd, I won’t be very hype. Never played Symphonia. I’m more of a Yuri guy.

That being said I will genuinely be happy for our Lloydbros. And I may even try him out.
I’ve never played the Tales games either, but when the character voting was going on in the Smash subreddit people were hating on Isaac and Lloyd saying they were just more “anime swordsmen” so we teamed up and Isaac came in 2nd and I think Lloyd came in 4th.

So I’d be happy for my Lloydbros if he got in.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Could I get a refresher on that Isaac cut theory? Does it give any hope for the golden boi to come in dlc wave 1?
Well, it's just a theory, but I and others think that Isaac was planned early on, but cut, due to lack of time. This comes from Isaac's perceived popularity (placed second on that exit poll, after King K. Rool) and the iffy looks of his Assist Trophy. The hand looks very nice, but the model is blocky and the face texture is especially lacking. My guess is Isaac's player model was too detailed for an Assist, but the hand, which was already made, was kept. Isaac's model, however, was sloppily downgraded to be an Assist.
This new data suggests that his music/victory theme was also cut, as the victory theme fits between Isabelle and Incineroar, two other newcomers. Also, the music preface cut is "o", as in Oogon no Taiyou, the Japanese name of Golden Sun. The "Other" music category has the preface "r", which includes Xenoblade and other playable franchises. Additionally, the other Nintendo franchise introduced this game, Splatoon, has its preface as "sp", which means it's possible that Golden Sun was supposed to be introduced as well.

This means that Isaac has quite a nice chance as DLC, since he was planned to begin with, so would be on Sakurai's mind. I think the only thing Isaac needs to be an essential lock is a new Golden Sun. If a new Golden Sun is in development, Isaac will be playable in Smash Ultimate. Sakurai gets a chance to add a fan favorite, Nintendo promotes a new game, and not all the team's work went to waste. I think Isaac has a great chance for Wave 1, and is quite a slept on character in speculation.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Things certainly are looking up for Isaac! I feel like he still has a genuine shot. It’s like being up to bat while missing an arm. You’re at a disadvantage, but dammit you still have that other arm so it’s possible!

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Things certainly are looking up for Isaac! I feel like he still has a genuine shot. It’s like being up to bat while missing an arm. You’re at a disadvantage, but dammit you still have that other arm so it’s possible!
You bet man. I will push for him and the golden sun revival with all my might! Soon the competitive scene will know that one Isaac cosplayer known as GS_Solar.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Well, it's just a theory, but I and others think that Isaac was planned early on, but cut, due to lack of time. This comes from Isaac's perceived popularity (placed second on that exit poll, after King K. Rool) and the iffy looks of his Assist Trophy. The hand looks very nice, but the model is blocky and the face texture is especially lacking. My guess is Isaac's player model was too detailed for an Assist, but the hand, which was already made, was kept. Isaac's model, however, was sloppily downgraded to be an Assist.
This new data suggests that his music/victory theme was also cut, as the victory theme fits between Isabelle and Incineroar, two other newcomers. Also, the music preface cut is "o", as in Oogon no Taiyou, the Japanese name of Golden Sun. The "Other" music category has the preface "r", which includes Xenoblade and other playable franchises. Additionally, the other Nintendo franchise introduced this game, Splatoon, has its preface as "sp", which means it's possible that Golden Sun was supposed to be introduced as well.

This means that Isaac has quite a nice chance as DLC, since he was planned to begin with, so would be on Sakurai's mind. I think the only thing Isaac needs to be an essential lock is a new Golden Sun. If a new Golden Sun is in development, Isaac will be playable in Smash Ultimate. Sakurai gets a chance to add a fan favorite, Nintendo promotes a new game, and not all the team's work went to waste. I think Isaac has a great chance for Wave 1, and is quite a slept on character in speculation.
Do you know where I can read about this new data? Do we know for sure it was Golden Sun content that was cut or are we just assuming that?

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
You know even if Isaac was planned a quick look at Smash 4 shows cuts characters don't automatically wind up as DLC.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Interestingly enough, it also adds to the theory that Isaac was indeed cut due to the earthquake delaying the Sept. Direct. I have always found it strange that we ended at 69 fighters (excluding echoes). Sure, PP makes it 70, but even that’s odd.

Wasn’t there some leaker that said there was a Nintendo owned character that uses a sword planned for DLC? Hmm?

Imagine, Isaac’s AT was just to sway us from expecting/predicting him as DLC. Ha!

I still don’t expect anything though, but I hope it turns out to be true though.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Do you know where I can read about this new data? Do we know for sure it was Golden Sun content that was cut or are we just assuming that?
There's no evidence that the cut preface/victory theme directly means Isaac, that's just speculation. Sadly, I don't have the link to the music list.
Interestingly enough, it also adds to the theory that Isaac was indeed cut due to the earthquake delaying the Sept. Direct. I have always found it strange that we ended at 69 fighters (excluding echoes). Sure, PP makes it 70, but even that’s odd.

Wasn’t there some leaker that said there was a Nintendo owned character that uses a sword planned for DLC? Hmm?

Imagine, Isaac’s AT was just to sway us from expecting/predicting him as DLC. Ha!

I still don’t expect anything though, but I hope it turns out to be true though.
Funnily enough, I was just thinking about this. The cut victory theme, z62, fits between Isabelle and Incineroar, so it's possible that we were right on the money, and Isaac was meant for the September Direct and was actually cut from the game. The two month timespan is probably enough for them to program a new Assist, especially since they already had the models. Not to mention, several of us have theorized Isaac's Assist is meant to tide us over for the real thing, so the reveal for DLC is even more surprising, since many will have written him off as deconfirmed due to being an Assist.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman

The only way I could see this would be if they learned in 2016/17 that a new GS game was coming and decided to report developpment for DLC in order to reveal him alongside a new GS.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
If we are getting a new GS game, whether it’s GS4 or a remake, when do you guys think we’ll hear of it?

Nintendo usually has a big Direct in January to advertise games coming out through the year. Could we get some news as early as next month?

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
If we are getting a new GS game, whether it’s GS4 or a remake, when do you guys think we’ll hear of it?

Nintendo usually has a big Direct in January to advertise games coming out through the year. Could we get some news as early as next month?
I think that january direct just might be our big shot, but if nothing shows up and no new mario sports title is revealed, thats when we can keep on hoping. I ain't expecting it at the video game awards as that is probably reserved for metroid prime 4 or bayonetta 3 (and hopefully we get a dlc character reveal. I am really hoping my heart for GENO!) so we won't know until next year. However we must keep up our voices and push fellow adepts. Let's keep the fire going for our golden boi to come home to the nintendo switch in a new game and bring him into the fight among the nintendo titans!

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I think that january direct just might be our big shot, but if nothing shows up and no new mario sports title is revealed, thats when we can keep on hoping. I ain't expecting it at the video game awards as that is probably reserved for metroid prime 4 or bayonetta 3 (and hopefully we get a dlc character reveal. I am really hoping my heart for GENO!) so we won't know until next year. However we must keep up our voices and push fellow adepts. Let's keep the fire going for our golden boi to come home to the nintendo switch in a new game and bring him into the fight among the nintendo titans!
I don’t expect any GS news at the VGA’s either. I’m really hoping for some Advance Wars news as well in January. But I agree that if we don’t hear anything then it’s not the end for a GS game next year, I just think it’s a good chance.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace

Tbh, I'm expecting an E3 reveal. Dark Dawn was shown at E3, and a revival of this beloved franchise is E3-worthy, especially if we see something like E3 2017: heavy hitter after heavy hitter, with no one game getting a massive focus. I bet we see Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, and Golden Sun remake at E3 next year. The Direct will probably end with a new Smash character, being Isaac. However, the earlier we find out, the better.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The most I'm expecting from a Nintendo presence at The Game Awards would probably be Metroid Prime 4 and maybe just a model teaser for one DLC fighter. Probably wouldn't expect a Golden Sun announcement there, which could probably be a small teaser, then a later proper reveal in the first Nintendo Direct of 2019. Hard to believe this year's flown by so quickly... and Smash is here to close it out, but sadly no Isaac in the playable cast.

I'm still going to keep up the fight though. I'm also intrigued about those data-mine findings
Suggesting a victory theme that was cut for a franchise/series beginning with 'o.' I thought I heard another report it was Monster Hunter that had some loose data, but if it's anyway related to 'Ougon no Taiyou', maybe Isaac really was planned...

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
The most I'm expecting from a Nintendo presence at The Game Awards would probably be Metroid Prime 4 and maybe just a model teaser for one DLC fighter. Probably wouldn't expect a Golden Sun announcement there, which could probably be a small teaser, then a later proper reveal in the first Nintendo Direct of 2019. Hard to believe this year's flown by so quickly... and Smash is here to close it out, but sadly no Isaac in the playable cast.

I'm still going to keep up the fight though. I'm also intrigued about those data-mine findings
Suggesting a victory theme that was cut for a franchise/series beginning with 'o.' I thought I heard another report it was Monster Hunter that had some loose data, but if it's anyway related to 'Ougon no Taiyou', maybe Isaac really was planned...
I'm thinking the first Smash DLC character will be shown at the VGAs, and I'm thinking Banjo-Kazooie, actually. December 6th is the 20th anniversary of Banjo's release in Japan or something, and a heavy hitter right off the bat will get people interested in the Fighter Pass.

In regards to the Spoiler:
Monster Hunter has two tracks in the game, so I believe they're under the "Other" banner, meaning they have the preface "r" or "s", I believe. I don't think the cut preface is related to Monster Hunter at all.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I'm thinking the first Smash DLC character will be shown at the VGAs, and I'm thinking Banjo-Kazooie, actually. December 6th is the 20th anniversary of Banjo's release in Japan or something, and a heavy hitter right off the bat will get people interested in the Fighter Pass.

In regards to the Spoiler:
Monster Hunter has two tracks in the game, so I believe they're under the "Other" banner, meaning they have the preface "r" or "s", I believe. I don't think the cut preface is related to Monster Hunter at all.
actually they have the preface of "mh", which lines up with basically every other third party song

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
actually they have the preface of "mh", which lines up with basically every other third party song
Well there you have it. I think every new franchise introduced this game has a unique preface, like Splatoon is "sp", and every third-party has its own as well. "O" could absolutely have been used for Golden Sun, but ont might be more in line with Splatoon.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Well there you have it. I think every new franchise introduced this game has a unique preface, like Splatoon is "sp", and every third-party has its own as well. "O" could absolutely have been used for Golden Sun, but ont might be more in line with Splatoon.
Hmm? So, what could “O” mean other than Golden Sun then? I can’t think of any other ones and if it wasn’t told by you all, I would have forgotten that GS started with “O” in Japanese.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
well "s" is already used, so they couldn't have very well used s for it. Meanwhile o is unused so they could have

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I actually feel like there’s a good chance Sylux will be revealed as the first DLC character at the VGA’s due to a few reasons.

Mainly there’s rumors we’re getting a remastered Metroid Prime Trilogy announcement along with a Metroid Prime 4 trailer. I could see after all that then cutting to a Sylux reveal. Apparently he doesn’t even have a spirit in the game and he has a big role in MP4.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Yeah Hitagi said that, though that statement was probably part of the stuff that he retracted. Could possibly be legit info, though.

f we are getting a new GS game, whether it’s GS4 or a remake, when do you guys think we’ll hear of it?

If a new GS is in development, I would guess it would be shown at E3 next year. Could be earlier or later than that.
But either way, it's pretty likely that we'll know what Camelot's next project is within a year.

It’s Ouendan.

Elite Beat Agents got cut from Smash darn
Could've been the cheerleaders from Ouendan, too; there's three of them so Chorus Kids could be a DLC echo! 2/7 of Grinch Leak confirmed (we got Ken already, the least hype of the 7 IMO)!

Last edited:

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Just wanna point out that NoJ could have never told NoA about Isaac popularity
and that GS as a lot of content, but no new music.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Just wanna point out that NoJ could have never told NoA about Isaac popularity
and that GS as a lot of content, but no new music.
NoJ probably doesn’t tell NoA anything. Which is why I’m still conflicted in that info we got about somebody at NoA knowing that Isaac was always meant to be an AT. How would they know that? Especially if they were unaware of his popularity. He wasn’t even in Smash 4 so why would they think he would even show back up?

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, music is sold in the bundle, not spirit. Still hoping for Isaac in wave 1.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Lol Rex
Quality pick right there
It's honestly quite annoying because it almost feels like every German Smash fan wants him.
I love how we're at the point now where anyone who wants a character different from you must be picking a bad character, and thus their opinion is irrelevant.

It's just a poll.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I love how we're at the point now where anyone who wants a character different from you must be picking a bad character, and thus their opinion is irrelevant.

It's just a poll.
I mean Xenoblade 2 has wayyy better characters to choose from, and it just sucks that the de facto Xeno 2 character will always just be Rex because he's the protagonist, when Zeke and Lora exist

Top Bottom