• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
The only way I can see Isaac getting into some future DLC is if we get a new/remake GS game on the Switch next year and it does well. Then maybe if we get a 2nd Fighter Pass they might upgrade him to playable.

I suppose it’s possible they didn’t bother with any new music incase this does end up happening.

Either way I’m really happy we got a bunch of spirits, an AT, and a Mii costume.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I have to say this…
I feel like they made some characters not playable in purpose.
just to make them mii costume and make people feel more like playing as mii fighters.
it's a **** but smart strategy to get people to play them more lol.
It seems to me that they spent a lot of time and resources into making everyone back which Sakurai said was the reason we were getting so few newcomers. I am glad we got the Mii Costume, it is 10x times better than how we felt about the AT

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
I have to say this…
I feel like they made some characters not playable in purpose.
just to make them mii costume and make people feel more like playing as mii fighters.
it's a **** but smart strategy to get people to play them more lol.
I just hope that doesn't stop him and others from getting upgraded in the future.
Anyway I just hope there are better options for the face, I have never played as miis so dunno about the customization options :laugh:
the costume looks awesome! Isaac Mii Mains unite!

StormC

Smash Hero
The costume really does look great. It's clear Sakurai wanted to do what he could for Isaac fans despite not making him playable.

I feel like the only major ballot first party character with no content outside of Spirits is Bandana Dee.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
wait, the isaac costume is for mii swordfighter????

I would though that mii gunner would be more fitting, with a "handgun" that shoots hands.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
wait, the isaac costume is for mii swordfighter????

I would though that mii gunner would be more fitting, with a "handgun" that shoots hands.
I’ve never used the costumes before but I thought you could use them for whatever Mii Fighter you wanted.

StormC

Smash Hero
I’ve never used the costumes before but I thought you could use them for whatever Mii Fighter you wanted.
Unless it's changed from Smash 4, they're specific. The K. Rool costume was a Mii Brawler and the Geno one was a Mii Gunner, for example.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
The costume really does look great. It's clear Sakurai wanted to do what he could for Isaac fans despite not making him playable.

I feel like the only major ballot first party character with no content outside of Spirits is Bandana Dee.
I agree it’s a little weird. But the Kirby series has already gotten a lot. Tons of spirits, 43 tracks of music, a boss, Kirby is essentially the hero again in the story mode, etc.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
it was a joke based on Isaac previous assist trophies roles...

The "handomancer"... and how he doesn't seem to notice the sword behind him.

you guys are looking too much into it XD

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So, I just watched the Smash Ultimate title opening. I looks really good, but I won’t spoil it for those who don’t want to know yet. However, the reason I’m bringing this up is because I noticed something around the end. In one scene, Pikachu was facing towards the background of the stage where all we see is his back. Why mention this? Because it made me think of the Rathalos tweet and how we talked about that it was created on purpose using special dev tools in game to make it. Seeing that scene proves they are capable of doing such things. Of course, that’s a no brainer, honestly. But it did make me think though.

Anyway, carry on everyone. :p

D

Deleted member

Looks like Isaac got something at least.

Least it was a way to say he might not have got in this time.

But there's always the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah I think I'm feeling happier with the fact we got at least a mii costume. Imagine… getting Rex as mii costume but not Isaac… that would've been unforgivable lol

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Yeah I think I'm feeling happier with the fact we got at least a mii costume. Imagine… getting Rex as mii costume but not Isaac… that would've been unforgivable lol
I mean Xenoblade is really popular right now and Sakurai loves that series. I’m more surprised Rex isn’t a DLC character and only a Mii costume.

11th

Smash Apprentice
I agree it’s a little weird. But the Kirby series has already gotten a lot. Tons of spirits, 43 tracks of music, a boss, Kirby is essentially the hero again in the story mode, etc.
I hate to chime in, but Kirby is the only major, active series that is stuck in 2003 (or 1996, if you don't count the somewhat minimal Air Ride representation). Adventure Mode stuff is nice, but it's not really the same as having another character or stage... I would trade it for a modern one in a heartbeat, at least.

Anyway, since I'm here: I'm glad to hear that you guys have gotten a Mii outfit as well! I'm still a little giddy over Lip getting one. Looks like dropping trophies was a good choice if it means being able to represent more characters through them.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Woah, Isaac actually got acknowledged as a Mii costume this time around. That's pretty cool, and *possibly* gives a little hope for the future.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Woah, Isaac actually got acknowledged as a Mii costume this time around. That's pretty cool, and *possibly* gives a little hope for the future.
It is only a possibly if we shape it that way. We must now drive our campaign harder than we ever have before.

Isaac is so close to being playable guys. He is an AT and a Mii Fighter. That is more than K Rool or Ridley ever had. This is a really good thing and we must not squander it

The moment Ultimate is out I am changing my Main to purely Mii Fighter and Isaac will be it. Even if he plays awful I am doing the sacrifice for our boy Isaac.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Hey, it's pretty cool to get a Mii Costume as well instead of just an AT. Feels like more of an attempt to get the character into the game somehow. And Isaac's looks awesome!

An AT reveal can be really crushing, but a Mii Costume almost feels a little bit vindicating, like your character fought hard and was acknowledged rather than screwed over, heh.

Also, seems like Geno, Waluigi, etc. LOST their Mii Costumes, which is a bit unfortunate.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
The full Mii costume looks awesome. When we get the game lets share our Isaac Miis and see who made the best one
But anyway this is good for the future since Isaac's popularity was acknowledged, if we keep the demand up over time I can see good things happening going forward. (aka new Golden Sun game/remake and Isaac in a future Smash title or miraculously bumped up as a DLC fighter)

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Anyway I just hope there are better options for the face, I have never played as miis so dunno about the customization options :laugh:
The face is the hardest part of Isaac to get right! We've been saying it for ages guys, and this Mii Costume is proof!

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Hey, it's pretty cool to get a Mii Costume as well instead of just an AT. Feels like more of an attempt to get the character into the game somehow. And Isaac's looks awesome!

An AT reveal can be really crushing, but a Mii Costume almost feels a little bit vindicating, like your character fought hard and was acknowledged rather than screwed over, heh.

Also, seems like Geno, Waluigi, etc. LOST their Mii Costumes, which is a bit unfortunate.
It is weird that Waluigi lost his costume. The Mario series is huge and almost every major Mario character except Waluigi is now playable. We even got Piranha Plant and Daisy now with Ultimate.

I’m really starting to wonder if Sakurai hates Waluigi fans....lol

StormC

Smash Hero
It is weird that Waluigi lost his costume. The Mario series is huge and almost every major Mario character except Waluigi is now playable. We even got Piranha Plant and Daisy now with Ultimate.

I’m really starting to wonder if Sakurai hates Waluigi fans....lol
Sakurai is a 48 year old game director, easily one of the most esteemed in the industry, with almost three decades of experience. I doubt he is so petty.

But.

I do almost wonder if he removed the Waluigi outfit after the embarrassing way Waluigi fans conducted themselves.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wait, Waluigi? How? Why? Camelot is a second-party.

Oh well, at least Luigi still has his palette based on him.

Sakurai is a 48 year old game director, easily one of the most esteemed in the industry, with almost three decades of experience. I doubt he is so petty.

But.

I do almost wonder if he removed the Waluigi outfit after the embarrassing way Waluigi fans conducted themselves.
Well, that seems likely.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord

But.

I mean, that’s what I was alluding to lol

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Did Waluigi have a full costume last time or just a hat? Because he still has a hat.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I found out that Isaac's Spirit can evolve into his adult form in Dark Dawn
I’m not entirely up to speed on how spirits work, but aren’t there main spirits and then support spirits that stack? Is Isaac’s spirit one of the main ones?

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
The only way I can see Isaac getting into some future DLC is if we get a new/remake GS game on the Switch next year and it does well. Then maybe if we get a 2nd Fighter Pass they might upgrade him to playable.

I suppose it’s possible they didn’t bother with any new music incase this does end up happening.

Either way I’m really happy we got a bunch of spirits, an AT, and a Mii costume.
If they didn't bother with additional music in anticipation of DLC, it's for Wave 1. Wave 2 is barely even a thought right now, because Wave 1 is not even halfway done yet

Last edited:

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Why is the Isaac wig hair better looking than his AT banana one?! XD
But still, that's great news and I'm glad we got pretty good looking mii costume. Here's hoping the impossible becoming possible.

StormC

Smash Hero
Why is the Isaac wig hair better looking than his AT banana one?! XD
But still, that's great news and I'm glad we got pretty good looking mii costume. Here's hoping the impossible becoming possible.
AT looks like an upscaled version of his Brawl one.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
If they didn't bother with additional music in anticipation of DLC, it's for Wave 1. Wave 2 is barely even a thought right now, because Wave 1 is not even halfway done yet
Sure. I’m just saying if they had any thought that in the future they might do more DLC and Isaac is a popular choice then they wouldn’t feel the need to add anymore songs right now and just use the Brawl ones.

Especially (and this is speculation based on the trademark stuff) if we are getting a new GS game in the future then we’ll get new remixes of songs most likely and they’d want to use that if Isaac makes the cut in Wave 2 (if we get more DLC).

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Sure. I’m just saying if they had any thought that in the future they might do more DLC and Isaac is a popular choice then they wouldn’t feel the need to add anymore songs right now and just use the Brawl ones.

Especially (and this is speculation based on the trademark stuff) if we are getting a new GS game in the future then we’ll get new remixes of songs most likely and they’d want to use that if Isaac makes the cut in Wave 2 (if we get more DLC).
I want Saturos Battle theme in Ultimate. Adding Assist Trophy promotions in the 2nd Wave would push interest in DLC choices. You would get many people clamoring for more characters, a rebirthing of tremendous hype.

Top Bottom