• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

StormC

Smash Hero
I know it might not seem like much, but I hope at least the Assist Trophy and costume are proof enough that Isaac performed favorably on the ballot. I think it was just other factors (lack of newcomer space, an inactive series) besides popularity is why he's not a fighter. I definitely think he was one of the higher ranking Nintendo newcomers.

Isaac's best bet is his series seeing the light of day again. I hope that happens, for you guys.

StormC

Smash Hero
Actually wonder if we will see Mii costume DLC this time. Besides a few like K. Rool and Geno, I don't know how well they would have actually sold. I know speaking for myself, those were the only two I actually bought. Now, costumes for other fighters? I'd buy those in a heartbeat.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Actually wonder if we will see Mii costume DLC this time. Besides a few like K. Rool and Geno, I don't know how well they would have actually sold. I know speaking for myself, those were the only two I actually bought. Now, costumes for other fighters? I'd buy those in a heartbeat.
I imagine they sold pretty well, honestly. A lot of people buy every single DLC and most of them were characters with their fans. Plus, Smash DLC in general is known to sold great.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Mii costumes are great, but for some it might depend on if they'd use mii fighters in the first place.
I wont be using them unless i can use the small versions.

Yep, a ton of them in fact: Akira, Heihachi, Monster Hunter, Lloyd, Zero, Knuckles etc.
Sounds like maybe they were removed from base game in order to make it easier to split profits with companies again. Just a guess.
So we dont know if they'll be in or not. It would think monster hunter would be in it for sure. who knows.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Mii costumes are great, but for some it might depend on if they'd use mii fighters in the first place.
I wont be using them unless i can use the small versions.

Sounds like maybe they were removed from base game in order to make it easier to split profits with companies again. Just a guess.
So we dont know if they'll be in or not. It would think monster hunter would be in it for sure. who knows.
This is what I thought as well. Saving 3rd party costumes via DLC for profit makes a lot of sense business wise.

StormC

Smash Hero
Is the Isaac costume just clothing or does it have a "hat" as well, anyone know?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just hope the Isaac mii costume gets something more than just swordsman moves. Kinda like Lloyd got canon moves in his mii costume moveset (which btw, lloyd and geno mii costumes are 100% missing… gives me hope for their dlc chances! ), so I would hope he got some psynergy moves in his mii costume moveset at least. Making Isaac just a swordsman would be worse than not getting him truly playable imo, since he shouldn't be considered just another generic swordsman, I mean… freaking GS is mostly about psynergy after all.
Well, to be honest, all Isaac mostly did for me was using attacks by his sword and occasionally cast Ragnarok / Oddysey or Revive. So he'll at least play a little to MY personal way of using Isaac in Golden Sun...

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
I just really want this hypothetical new Golden Sun game to blow expectations out of the water and sell like hot cakes so Nintendo can finally realize the gold mine they’ve been sitting on for years.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
who would isaac's spirit compliment the most canonically?

i feel like he would love ivysaur cause earth lol. or maybe marth cause he was on a fetch quest for gems as well.

osby

Smash Obsessed
who would isaac's spirit compliment the most canonically?

i feel like he would love ivysaur cause earth lol. or maybe marth cause he was on a fetch quest for gems as well.
Roy, probably. Elemental + sword and all.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I just really want this hypothetical new Golden Sun game to blow expectations out of the water and sell like hot cakes so Nintendo can finally realize the gold mine they’ve been sitting on for years.
Well, if what has happened to FE and Xenoblade Chronicles is any indication, I think it is safe to assume people have a need for RPG and GS would do amazingly

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Well, if what has happened to FE and Xenoblade Chronicles, I think it is safe to assume people have a need for RPG and GS would do amazingly
A classic turn-based game like Octopath also did great on the Switch, so the demand is clearly there.

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo can advertise GS as an Avatar game, and if they personalize Djinn they can attract some Pokemon fans.
GS is more attractive to western public than Xenoblade or Fire Emblem imo

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo can advertise GS as an Avatar game, and if they personalize Djinn they can attract some Pokemon fans.
There are plenty of features they could use to advertise GS to be honest, like the fact each game play can be different, the Psynergy, a great world, expanding on its world and lore, even making the experience full with other kind of things like webpage quizzes, mobile stuff, there are just many things that could be done IF they want to do it.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
There is a fortune to be made with Djinn merchandise.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
To be honest, I would buy the K. Rool Mii costume if it was DLC again just so I could beat that Mii up with the real K. Rool. :p

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Fair enough, let's not derail the thread, sorry.

On topic, I think we can consider having the AT back, with added moveset - a first in Smash! - and FINALLY our first Isaac Mii costume as a huge victory and step-up! Chances of Isaac becoming playable are now confirmed to have skyrocketed! Nay-sayers can't claim anymore that Sakurai hates the guy nor that he's irrelevant. Also, general public exposure to Golden Sun is going to keep increasing if we play our cards right, fueling demand which in turn would increase exposure even more. If Nintendo decides to release a new Golden Sun title (hopefully with the new trademark application!), Isaac will be 99% guaranteed to have a slot! The future ain't so bleak anymore now is it? :bluejump:
Gotta say that mii costume sure is nice to have along without any new music tracks helping our chances for a golden sun rep to get in as dlc. I hope nintendo is planning a new golden sun game for the switch for 2019 or 2020. All I know is, we will achieve our goal soon fellow adepts! Keep pushing for the series to return!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Since we have a total of 8 GS spirits (perfect for 8 player smash), who would you all use with them? I would go by this (subject to change too):

Isaac - Isaac Mii Swordsman
Garet - Roy
Ivan - Shulk
Mia - Palutena/Zelda
Jenna - Lucina
Felix - Chrom
Matthew - Link
Adult Isaac - Cloud

That’s what I can think of at the moment. Again, it will change when I play the game. So, we’ll see.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Since we have a total of 8 GS spirits (perfect for 8 player smash), who would you all use with them? I would go by this (subject to change too):

Garet - Roy
Ivan - Shulk
Mia - Palutena/Zelda
Jenna - Lucina
Felix - Chrom
Matthew - Link
Adult Isaac - Cloud

That’s what I can think of at the moment. Again, it will change when I play the game. So, we’ll see.
Isaac- Isaac Mii Swordsman of course
Felix- Lucina
Mia-Ice Climbers or Zelda
Jenna- Daisy
Adult Isaac - RD Ike or Cloud
Ivan- Shulk for sure
Garet- Roy or Marth
Matthew- Pit

Last edited:

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Can someone confirm the 30 spot left for potentual DLC characters? If it's the case we will get more then 1 wave.

Edit: Not saying we will fill all of them.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Can someone confirm the 30 spot left for potentual DLC characters? If it's the case we will get more then 1 wave.

It’s interesting that there’s 30. If Piranha Plant is included and if we would get 30 fighters via DLC, that would be over 100 fighters total. Imagine that!

ZelDan

Smash Master
I could see us getting more DLC beyond the first wave, I don't know about filling all 30 spots though. If they did aim to fill all those spots, I'd imagine most would be echo fighters if Smash Ultimate decides to go the way of Kirby Star Allies and add in Free echo packs.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys: I asked in the main leak thread on r/smashbros about what Isaac's Mii Costume might look like as I and everyone else will want to hear about it at some point.

Not sure how long it might take before we actually see it, but yeah.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Garet - Roy
Ivan - Shulk
Mia - Lucina
Jenna - Zelda
Felix - Marth
Matthew - Young Link
Adult Isaac - Link

Not sure if it means anything but apparently there are 30 slots. They could just be something that was left from development or something else..

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Wait, where is this thirty number coming from? I seemed to have missed something.
In the datamine, there’s apparently 30 placeholder character slots. It’s possible they did that on purpose just in case if Ultimate happens to go beyond past the first wave of DLC and add even more characters. But that’s all we know.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
The Switch probably as 5 years ahead of her.
Smash is a big game to sell online subscribtion and is the only Wii U game getting spotlight nowadays, Smash is the only Nintendo game I could see getting update for years. Smash4 DLC season was shorten by the Wii U flop and the Switch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom