• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
By the way, we should check if "Operation Sunrise" does not have a bad connotation with some kind of old war operation or something, else we should pick something else. Something like the name of a djinn or a psynergy.

Ivan > Cylia

Smash Rookie
And in order to settle this leader thing I say those that want to step up to the plate and feel like they can contribute in such a way, speak up. Keep in mind that we’re serious about this endeavor.

I would say we should vote on leaders, but... something tells me we don’t have the numbers to adequately vote for something like that. That being said we all have to come to some kind of agreement. And there can’t be too many leaders. I think 3 is a good number. Maybe 4. From there we can have other dedicated individuals be admins.

Needless to say I’ll gladly be one of the leaders for our efforts. #ShamelessSelfPromotion
How don't we have the number ? I think we are the most numerous and passionate fanbase. I've just checked, the only one more requested than Isaac on Twitter is Waluigi (and they had a few month more than us to be organized) and although I really like Waluigi, I think Waluigi is the kind of side character people like because he is specifc (idk, there is something about him likable, I myself really like his kid of underdog side as a character in Mario (not sure anyone see what I mean) but Isaac is the kind of character you like because... he is the main character of that video game serie that will leave a lifelong mark in your mind because the whole world of Golden Sun is something special. So our aim would be to make realize how passionate are people to Golden Sun, and the best we could do so would be by making the most of our number by using optimal tactics, and hence have some way to lead us

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
How don't we have the number ? I think we are the most numerous and passionate fanbase. I've just checked, the only one more requested than Isaac on Twitter is Waluigi (and they had a few month more than us to be organized) and although I really like Waluigi, I think Waluigi is the kind of side character people like because he is specifc (idk, there is something about him likable, I myself really like his kid of underdog side as a character in Mario (not sure anyone see what I mean) but Isaac is the kind of character you like because... he is the main character of that video game serie that will leave a lifelong mark in your mind because the whole world of Golden Sun is something special. So our aim would be to make realize how passionate are people to Golden Sun, and the best we could do so would be by making the most of our number by using optimal tactics, and hence have some way to lead us
Because we’re not organized. Yeah our numbers are quite large, but we’re all spread out across Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, 4chan, /v/, and everywhere else and we’re not in communication.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Why don't we call it Operation Earth Adept or something?
Because it should encompass Golden Sun as a whole, not just reference a small part of it.

Unfortunately...

Operation Sunrise, Operation Rising Sun and Operation Sunshine are all actual military operations...

:(

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
By the way, we should check if "Operation Sunrise" does not have a bad connotation with some kind of old war operation or something, else we should pick something else. Something like the name of a djinn or a psynergy.
For what it's worth, Operation Sunrise was the name of a previous campaign for more Golden Sun.

Imma be honest. Didn’t even think of that.

Aaaaand damn. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Sunrise_(World_War_II)

Well... back to the drawing board?
I don't think you guys are going to get in much **** for sharing the name with an obscure historical armistice.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
For what it's worth, Operation Sunrise was the name of a previous campaign for more Golden Sun.

I don't think you guys are going to get in much **** for sharing the name with an obscure historical armistice.
I guess that’s a fair point. Well everyone, should we stick with Operation Sunrise?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Because we’re not organized. Yeah our numbers are quite large, but we’re all spread out across Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, 4chan, /v/, and everywhere else and we’re not in communication.
Agreed. Having numbers does not matter if they are not focused. We need to establish a base of operations since this thread will eventually be locked.

About Leaders, why not have multiple people who stay in a chain of command? Like when one person is not available the other takes over and what not.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
When the direct hit I just held it together till my live stream ended. Then, I cried for a good hour. After that, my sadness turned from disappointment to rage for a few hours. After that, I went to bargaining, saying that this was all one messed up nightmare. Then I landed on acceptance. Said acceptance being that we need to stop going into hibernation every time smash season ends. I managed to take solice in that.
After the direct, I called my brother and talked about the direct for a half hour. He was very skeptical on the Grinch hoax from the start and I admitted that I was wrong about it. The rest of the night was filled with me just taking in and thinking about the direct. Of course the disappointment from Isaac lingered.
Why don't we call it Operation Earth Adept or something?
How about "Operation Adeptation"?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
How about you just call it "Project Sunrise" if you're worried one of those Smash-playing historians might get a bee in their bonnet~

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Operation: Golden Sunrise is just as good as Sunrise, in my opinion.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
How about you just call it "Project Sunrise" if you're worried one of those Smash-playing historians might get a bee in their bonnet~
I like "Project Sunrise".

Agreed. Having numbers does not matter if they are not focused. We need to establish a base of operations since this thread will eventually be locked.

About Leaders, why not have multiple people who stay in a chain of command? Like when one person is not available the other takes over and what not.
To be fair, this thread will remain open until DLC is confirmed to be over. Thankfully this time they confirmed DLC right away, so the support threads didn't get killed yet.

I think the Angara Continent Discord is the best place to have a base of operations, though. That Discord already has over 100 members on it (last I checked anyway, I left for a little while to focus on work, but I'll rejoin later).

Operation: Golden Sunrise is just as good as Sunrise, in my opinion.
I have no idea why I never really thought of Golden Sunrise. I mean, we've been talking about GoldenSunday for a while (which is a specific day, being the 17th anniversary of the series that just happens to land on a Sunday). Golden Sunrise just sounds almost perfect.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Operation Morning Sun.

As for the meaning? If Golden Sun is asleep, and it comes back, than it, and by extension we, will see the morning sun. Very simple to understand imo

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Alright this is getting a bit out of hand again. We were so close to coming together on something lol.

As NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy said Operation Golden Sunrise

There. We get to keep Sunrise without feeling weird about it. And it distinguishes us from previous GS campaigns, even if only slightly.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Of the names said, I think Project Sunrise and Operation Golden Sunrise are the best.
Alright this is getting a bit out of hand again. We were so close to coming together on something lol.

As NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy said Operation Golden Sunrise

There. We get to keep Sunrise without feeling weird about it. And it distinguishes us from previous GS campaigns, even if only slightly.
Agreed.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Anyone here a web developer? Operation rainfall has it's own website. I feel like our movement should have it's own as well.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys for telling me, I am actually really tempted to try the first Golden Sun now!
The first two are on the VC so if you can buy them and show us in that day that would really help!

For the name I vote for Operation Golden Sunrise. That way as well with Golden Sunday we keep the words play and also are more clear on what we are about as it has the name of the franchise still there

Salocin

Smash Rookie
So....I have posted since the direct, but I really think it’s awesome that for the most part we’re actually doing something and not just giving up.

In a weird way, I wasn’t too upset when I saw Isaac’s Assist Trophy, disappointed yes but I didn’t cry or get super angry like I thought I would. Maybe Vergeben’s leak helped ease the pain in advance, but I felt alright about it. I’m not sure if that means I’m a fake fan though XD

In all seriousness I think Golden Sunday is a great idea, and as for the name debate, I like Project Sunrise because it’s short, simple and catchy. Whatever this leads to, it can only do good for the franchise, so let’s persevere and not give up :D

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Because it should encompass Golden Sun as a whole, not just reference a small part of it.

Unfortunately...

Operation Sunrise, Operation Rising Sun and Operation Sunshine are all actual military operations...

:(
Damn sunrise was cool...

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Anyone can get a hold on StoicSeraph StoicSeraph was trying to let en know about Golden Sunday! By the way, do you remember the first image leak that had Isaac? The one with Agnes. I contacted the guy, he seemed to be very boomed about Isaac being an AT so I also let him know about the Golden Sunday and he is interested in participating

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Yeah, that’s a shame lol. But it IS the internet...

It is nice too see legitimate answers tho. A lot of them include our boy!
I'm just happy to see little by little were making our voices heard and people tho however small hear us and agree

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I'm wondering where Nazyrus Nazyrus is. The Isaac render Nazyrus Nazyrus made/making would be amazing to have on Golden Sunday. Give people a neat idea what Isaac could look like among the Smash roster.

Top Bottom