• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Maybe if they care about Isaac so much; they could show support instead of posting LOL SALT memes.
In several videos I've watched, it's become a thing for people to timestamp you right to the reaction of Isaac's assist reveal. Things like this simply give Isaac more publicity, even if it's people going, 'Lol rip their dreams!'

If this becomes Isaac's meme it just brings more awareness to him and his series and keeps him relevant despite not being playable like Ridley's too big and Chrom's another day (this one was obnoxious, even when he was disconfirmed he was freaking everywhere lol). And now these characters have garnered so much attention that they're playable now.

When Sakurai gets around to watching some reactions, the more he continues to see Isaac's reveal get the most dramatic emotion from everyone, the better it helps to keep him on his radar.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I will restate what I said earlier.

History shows that Sakurai teases characters via Twitter in the early stages of their design (Shulk is a great example of this).
He posted the Rathalos picture in late summer.
It takes roughly a year to complete a character (Word of God from the man himself).

We all (myself included) took the Rathalos picture to mean "He's in", but I think the message might have been "I'm working on it right now."

Now, the Golden Sunday stuff is still a great idea, but don't lose hope quite yet. There's still a good number of things in our favor.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord

History shows that Sakurai teases characters via Twitter in the early stages of their design (Shulk is a great example of this).
It takes roughly a year to complete a character (Word of God from the man himself).

We all (myself included) took the Rathalos picture to mean "He's in", but I think the message might have been "I'm working on it right now."

Now, the Golden Sunday stuff is still a great idea, but don't lose hope quite yet. There's still a good number of things in our favor.
Don’t get my hopes up man.

I can only take Isaac heartbreak from Sakurai so many times.... And it’s already been three.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace

That’s hopeful optimism. You may be right. But what if you’re wrong?

It’s time we stop sitting by and hope something happens. We need to start doing something. Something substantial.

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
I'd be willing to contribute music to that fan game from a few pages ago (if it happens, of course)

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Chrom is still apart of Robin's final Smash guys.

So why can't a character be a AT and a Character?
This! This is what I have been saying, if anything, this is the game where the only one appearance theory dies. We have Rathalos as an assist and boss, we have Chrom as an echo fighter and a final Smash. We have playable character as spirits as well. I don't see any reason why an AT can't be promoted in the same game or why he can't be playable and remain AT and just not appear simultaneously or so. Possibilities are endless, as long as Sakurai hasn't said it can’t be done and as long the cycle hasn't died for DLC we can still push forward

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma

This is plausible, and would help explain the early trademark renewal, but we certainly shouldn't plan on a miracle. Better to work hard and find we were in all along than to take Isaac's popularity for granted and never see him playable.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
That’s hopeful optimism. You may be right. But what if you’re wrong?

It’s time we stop sitting by and hope something happens. We need to start doing something. Something substantial.
The last line of my post, man. I never said we should stop working on it, I said we shouldn't give up hope and think it's useless.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
The early trademark renewal is still super fishy, especially the fact it includes downloadable content of some form. I’m not buying it was for them AT either, because Custom Robo content showed up and that trademark was straight up cancelled. Also, it was renewed right around the time they would start planning for DLC theoretically.

Best case scenario, this means that they planned Isaac for DLC but the Golden Sun trademark didn’t cover that, so it needed to be updated.

Something to think about.

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
The last line of my post, man. I never said we should stop working on it, I said we shouldn't give up hope and think it's useless.
The early trademark renewal is still super fishy, especially the fact it includes downloadable content of some form. I’m not buying it was for them AT either, because Custom Robo content showed up and that trademark was straight up cancelled. Also, it was renewed right around the time they would start planning for DLC theoretically.
Well that settles it.

In the Smash side if things we continue to rep Isaac, despite the odds. Let’s show Sakurai that our loyalty is unwavering.

Outside of Smash, a fan game might actually an interesting prospect. 1. There aren’t any GS fan games that I’m aware of. 2. We’d have multiple people from the community working on it. 3. It might get N’s reaction. Even if they do end up taking it down, that means it’ll be covered by multiple media outlets and GS will be in the spotlight again. This time without the need for Smash.

Mizuiro

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I disagree.

It's not about Isaac not being in. That's a symptom of the bigger problem here. The issue is that Nintendo maliciously trolled their fan base. Isaac, Shadow, Geno, all deconfirmed with only a month to go, for what reason? They could have deconfirmed Isaac and Shadow at E3 easily to let us down gently. But they didn't. They strung the fandoms along to generate more hype for the game and waited until the last minute to slap us in the face.

(Also, Spirits mode looks like hot garbage.)

I'm not going to support predatory business practices. They purposefully waited this long and teased Isaac so we would generate more free publicity for them. I expect far better from Nintendo.
Totally agree

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I want to clear up my stance; cause a lot of people are divided on this: I don't think Nintendo is being malicious. But Nintendo is always a bit out of touch, to various degree's. I think what happened here was not ill will, but Nintendo being the grandpa company again lol.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
I don't care if I'm wrong, I'll stop asking for Isaac the day Sakurai himself says that he will never make Isaac playable.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
The Robin Final Smash thing is a good point, clearly the concept of a character can be anything even if there's two of the same character at the same time.

Isaac still has a chance, we must stay strong and hope for DLC

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I hate that they took the lazy route with Robin's Final Smash tbh; but I suppose it helps out Isaac a little bit... I don't think it's a game changer or anything.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They should've shown Robin's FS first and then shown Chrom, that would've elicited much more entertaining reactions. xD

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
The good thing is, that the support and awareness of Isaac has become much bigger than in times of Sm4sh and its DLC. And that is despite the fact that Golden Sun was much more relevant back then than it is now.

In literally every reaction video on YouTube everyone is sad or sorry for the Isaac fans, confirming that he gets recognized as being one of the most wanted newcomers now. That's very good imo.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I hate that they took the lazy route with Robin's Final Smash tbh; but I suppose it helps out Isaac a little bit... I don't think it's a game changer or anything.
Not a game changer, sure. But it’s something at least.

You know, it’s funny...

I rolled my eyes at the Waluigi supporters because even with his reveal AT, they still demanded him as if he’s wasn’t an AT. And here we are doing the same thing...

I still don’t much care for the people that do it purely for the memes, but for the rest of the Waluigi supporters, I now feel your pain. And I apologize lol.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Not a game changer, sure. But it’s something at least.

You know, it’s funny...

I rolled my eyes and the Waluigi supporters because even with his reveal AT, they still demanded him as if he’s wasn’t an AT. And here we are doing the same thing...

I still don’t much care for the people that do it purely for the memes, but for the rest of the Waluigi supporters, I now feel your pain. And I apologize lol.
I was already on the Ashley train; so this is old hat tbh.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I don’t know about you guys, but I am going to do my best to make a splash in the smash ultimate competitive scene with me always cosplaying as Isaac at each venue I go to. Also I’m willing to help out with the fan game project. We should go for that along with our golden sun uploads of fan art and requests for a new game to keep up our publicity. Now what’s also important is that we all need to rally for one goal. Whatever we choose, I’m with you 110%.

Last edited:
I don’t know about you guys, but I am going to do my best to make a splash in the smash ultimate competitive scene with me always cosplaying as Isaac at each venue I go to. Also I’m willing to help out with the fan game project. We should go for that along with our golden sun uploads of fan art and requests for a new game to keep up our publicity. Now what’s also important is that we all need to rally for one goal. Whatever we choose, I’m with you 110%.
Who drew your profile pic? That looks insanely epic.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
I definitely think Robin's final smash remaining unchanged GREATLY increases the likelihood of assists promoting to playable in the same entry.

It's effectively the same thing honestly. Bringing out a character to aid you briefly.

If Chrom can exist in the battlefield as a fighter and in another character's final smash, I see no reason why Isaac can't be playable DLC and an assist.

In fact, I think it would be extremely sensible for him to be the first. He does have two designs after all.(Even though I know people prefer young Isaac)

Keep fighting the good fight Isaac fans! I might have to try Golden Sun out sometime myself, and maybe I'll convert over to a true Isaac supporter rather than a cheerleader, haha!

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
My online tag will be Isaac4Smash and i will stream with that tag to show support as soon as i get my capture card

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Heyo, Isaac supporters...
My condolences to what happened yesterday
But hey, at least he's still in the game...

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Look at you all discussing a Golden Sun fangame. The most I’ve ever done is run a Golden Sun campaign for D&D.

As for Isaac, I say never give up. I’ll keep supporting Isaac forever. But I’m done with this particular game. I think we’ve been misled into believing this game was fan-focused when it wasn’t the case, and DLC will follow suit. So my expectations are null.

For Smash 6? That’s the golden goose.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
What is really important is we all stay grouped together. There are like 6000 GS discords now. We need one main one with a focus of sharing and talking about GS
The sun sets when we do.

We don't know what DLC will hold.
We don't know.
Try and find some hope in this darkness.

N3ON N3ON I think you or someone should set up a discord for Golden Sun Support. I can try and PM all the people on the support list to join it, and we all stay grouped in one area.

If we want to really hit hard on the 11th we all need to plan.

It ain't over till Nintendo says it's over

Ninetales Commander

Smash Cadet
The way I see this; If we really are to make our voices heard and get a Golden Sun 4 and Isaac into Smash Bros, we need to be consistently strong. We can't just keep at it for a month or 2 and then cool down, we have to keep being pests and sooner or later something will break.
Ideally we would need the support of a bunch of well known YouTubers and Twitch Streamers, BillyBo10K would be a great start but him alone wouldn't be enough, we'd need massive support that would constantly be in Camelot's and Sakurai's Faces. As people have said, King K Rool got in, Ridley got in, and we can do the same for Isaac.
I'm more than willing to make my voice heard as Golden Sun is a huge part of my teenage life and you better believe I will never back down, it's just how many people are willing to keep at it? If we want the Golden Sun series to come back to life, we will need to really push hard and demand we get a 4th game or if not that a remake of the original 2 games.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
The way I see this; If we really are to make our voices heard and get a Golden Sun 4 and Isaac into Smash Bros, we need to be consistently strong. We can't just keep at it for a month or 2 and then cool down, we have to keep being pests and sooner or later something will break.
Ideally we would need the support of a bunch of well known YouTubers and Twitch Streamers, BillyBo10K would be a great start but him alone wouldn't be enough, we'd need massive support that would constantly be in Camelot's and Sakurai's Faces. As people have said, King K Rool got in, Ridley got in, and we can do the same for Isaac.
I'm more than willing to make my voice heard as Golden Sun is a huge part of my teenage life and you better believe I will never back down, it's just how many people are willing to keep at it? If we want the Golden Sun series to come back to life, we will need to really push hard and demand we get a 4th game or if not that a remake of the original 2 games.
We can do this but we gotta not annoy people we gotta be civil and kind that should be our image

Tetiro

Smash Ace
We can do this but we gotta not annoy people we gotta be civil and kind that should be our image
Persona is right, we have to show the care and consideration that the Waluigi fanbase did not.

We don't pester but instead work to grow our numbers and give positive fan support all the ways we can

GS's fate is in our hands now.

Ninetales Commander

Smash Cadet
I definitely think Robin's final smash remaining unchanged GREATLY increases the likelihood of assists promoting to playable in the same entry.

It's effectively the same thing honestly. Bringing out a character to aid you briefly.

If Chrom can exist in the battlefield as a fighter and in another character's final smash, I see no reason why Isaac can't be playable DLC and an assist.

In fact, I think it would be extremely sensible for him to be the first. He does have two designs after all.(Even though I know people prefer young Isaac)

Keep fighting the good fight Isaac fans! I might have to try Golden Sun out sometime myself, and maybe I'll convert over to a true Isaac supporter rather than a cheerleader, haha!
Wait, hang on, Robin's Final Smash is the same? Where did you get that information?

Top Bottom