• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm not mad at Geno (and many others) being a spirit, it's not a total deconfirmation in my eyes. But damn, in my opinion, Isaac as an AT was like the biggest insult. In my opinion, Sakurai really fcked up here. I feel sorry for you guys, you deserved so much better.
Geno’s a Spirit too? Damn, they got everyone.

Well, I gotta thank everyone for the ride. It’s been a real pleasure.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
It's over my fellow adepts, it was fun reading this thread most of the time and hoping my dream character got into smash. a big **** to troll Sakurai, teasing us just to disconfirm him like this, if he was to be an AT from the beggining, at least disconfirm him before aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
That said, I still have hope for Banjo and Geno to be DLC, as the 3 of them were the only characters I really wanted.

Farewell my friends, if there comes to be another Ballot I'll vote for Matthew, maybe this is the only chance of Golden Sun being revived.
Geno got hit and beccame a Spirit, too. But if we can get out of the Spirit Realm, we'll try to drag him out with us.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
It sucks that Isaac is an assist, but we need to move on. Do you guys want to still push Isaac for Smash 6? Or we change our star to Matthew (I prefer him over Felix)?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Is it possible to ask someone from Nintendo or even Sakurai himself if AT's can be upgraded? After what happened here, there needs to be a clear answer as that's the only way I'd actually get hyped again.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I'll leave with this thought, since I'm feeling physically sick after the direct.

There's a small hope that a new precedence can be set for Assists to get upgraded to Playable as DLC in this game... but that's a really small hope.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
The only hope we have is if Matthew of Felix gets in. That's the only way to save this franchise is getting a rep in Smash. It's literally the only feasible way. And if we can't the franchise does die. That's a fact I'm willing to outright say.
And I'm fairly certain I'm right.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Sorry guys. Really thought Isaac was gonna make it in.

Really a let down in terms of extra characters.

D

Deleted member

I have not played Golden Sun but I have long since been aware of the fan base since I first joined speculation back a decade ago. As someone who supported characters like Mega Man, Ridley, and K. Rool throughout the year, I want to express my sincerest condolence towards your loss today.

Isaac is a decades-long requested character, his fan base being around since Golden Sun released. I have always been sympathetic towards the fan base and towards the franchise. Not only that, I know people like Skyblade, N3ON, and JaidynReiman well and I feel sorry for the fact that you did not get your character as playable. I know what it is like to experiment the painful claw of disconfirmation having supported K. Rool last game and hoped that Isaac would make the transition too. Every character that got disconfirmed today has my thought but most of all, the Isaac fan base.

It is my hope that you continue to fight for Isaac in the future despite the unfortunate defeat. The fan base's dedication is impressive and I believe he's one of the few characters disconfirmed today that could get in next game.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Remember guys. There's no hard written rules about AT's not being able to be promoted. It sucks yes but it's not the end. If anything, it's incentive to work harder towards the goal.

And as an aside, Isaac's updated design looks really sweet. Though he's still being voiced by a female VA which I hoped wouldn't happen again lol.
I'd agree with you if DLC was decided by a ballot, but the Fighters pass suggest all the 5 dlc characters are planned. There's still the next round of dlc that I see them planning, so in that time, everyone has to work real hard to let their voices be heard, retweet at Nintendo and Sakurai, form polls, and banners. It's never the end.

spaceperson741

Smash Cadet
On the bright side, Isaac uses not only Move, but also Pound and Lift, so there's more detail. Better than nothing.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
While I'm sure it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility for ATs to be upgraded, if Isaac's popularity wasn't enough for base, he won't be DLC. We got ****ed. Again. By a ****ing plant. The thing we control. ****.

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
It's over my fellow adepts, it was fun reading this thread most of the time and hoping my dream character got into smash. a big **** to troll Sakurai, teasing us just to disconfirm him like this, if he was to be an AT from the beggining, at least disconfirm him before aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
That said, I still have hope for Banjo and Geno to be DLC, as the 3 of them were the only characters I really wanted.

Farewell my friends, if there comes to be another Ballot I'll vote for Matthew, maybe this is the only chance of Golden Sun being revived.
Dude, I hate to break this to you, but...

This was a massacre. At least Banjo still has a chance.

D

Deleted member

Welp. Isaac got the assist trophy treatment. Alas, him becoming a playable fighter was not meant to be. Oh well, congratulations to the Ken, Incineroar, and Piranha Plant fans for getting your characters.

Shog

Smash Ace
I am just salty because like mostly everyone else we thought Ken and Incineroar were way to safe picks(anyone remember saying that Decidueye vs Incineroar as "competition"?)

And the secret character is Piranha Plant? Like.... that's the worst.

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunate (and a little baffling) that Isaac didn't get in, but the fact that we have yet to see anything regarding Lloyd - neither an assist trophy nor his old Mii costume - has me hopeful that he's one of the characters being considered for DLC. Him and Heihachi are the only costume characters left that hasn't been shown off or upgraded in some way, after all.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
And... There. Preorder canceled. I can't believe Smash Bros. Ultimate convinced me to take a chance and spend my money on Fallout 76.

It's even worse knowing that when The Game Awards come around, I was going to vote for Smash Ultimate as the Game of The Year. I'm certain now that I'm giving that vote to God of War (2018).

[ Piranha Plant is announced as a new fighter ]

Yep... Looks like God of War has become my Game of The Year.

I know we're not supposed to be angry, but how can you not be upset? 10 years, an entire decade of waiting, only to have my dreams crushed again.
Someone took a picture of your post and posted it on 4chan as if to rub salt to the game. https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/437294754 The OP in 4chan is killing the hype of others by laughing at them. Rubbing wound at them. Oh, really?

Also, you're making an HUGE, BIG mistake of canceling the preorder.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I don't think I can do this anymore, Isaac got ****ed so hard

And to think we had all this evidence, that tweet! It meant nothing pretty much. Hey at least we got a plant!! That'll be a great replacement.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Again, I need to ask, but can we please somehow ask Sakurai or someone at Nintendo if Assist Trophies have a chance if at all? This needs to be asked now or Isaac just needs to be made noted of as the position he's in is not what we wanted.

McLapras

Smash Rookie
Remember guys. There's no hard written rules about AT's not being able to be promoted. It sucks yes but it's not the end. If anything, it's incentive to work harder towards the goal.

And as an aside, Isaac's updated design looks really sweet. Though he's still being voiced by a female VA which I hoped wouldn't happen again lol.

Okay, this is not the time to despair. If Sakurai really does listen to the people we still have a chance. We know he hears us due to Ridley and King K. Rool. With DLC we still have a good chance, we just need to make our voices heard. I may sound desperate, but if they do take votes for DLC we need to give it our absolute all. Ask them to make Isaac playable. He's an assist trophy and that cant be done? pft, Issac gets upgraded to Playable fighter, and Felix can easily replace the Assist Trophy. We can still make this happen! I still have hope. It'll be a long and difficult fight, but we're used to that. Please don't lose hope.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'd agree with you if DLC was decided by a ballot, but the Fighters pass suggest all the 5 dlc characters are planned. There's still the next round of dlc that I see them planning, so in that time, everyone has to work real hard to let their voices be heard, retweet at Nintendo and Sakurai, form polls, and banners. It's never the end.
Did they specifically mention DLC is already decided? That's a shocker.

Hopefully that doesn't mean DLC is all done after those 5 packs.

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai actually waited until November to show Shadow, Isaac, and Skull Kid as assist trophies. I'm trying to not be mad about this but, after 10 years you would think he would know that nobody likes seeing characters they want as assist trophies. He should have showed all of the assist trophies in the August direct. The piranha plant just rubs salt into an already deep wound.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Skull Kid and Shadow supporter here. I'm sorry you guys ended up in Assist hell too, especially after everything seemed to be pointing toward Isaac more than most other characters. Like others said, I guess the only thing left to do is keep carrying the torch as King K. Rool and Ridley supporters showed us.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Is it possible to ask someone from Nintendo or even Sakurai himself if AT's can be upgraded? After what happened here, there needs to be a clear answer as that's the only way I'd actually get hyped again.
If someone can ask; please have them do this.

I'm so devastated right now.... where are we even going to go from here? I would have loved Piranha Plant if he was an addition to the Grinch Roster but.... why? What are we supposed to do now? Not even Springman or Rex is left for DLC, so who even is left? I'm really lost now guy's..... you guy's deserved Isaac....

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Spirits somehow made me feel actually glad Isaac got an assist. And that's insane they managed to do that by comparison. They pretty much killed everyone with Spirits. Rex got a freaking Mii skin and Spring Man was a fellow assist.

This was legitimately the biggest massacre of all time.
So who was deconfirmed? We have

Isaac *sob*
Geno
Shadow
Rex / Pyra
A lot of Non modern FE characters
Dixie
Springman
Lip

What about Mach Rider, Geno, Chorus Kids, and Banjo? Did they have any content?
I feel like Rex hasn't lost his chance- we had Mii Fighter costumes of Inklings just beforehand. Similarly, isn't it strange that Rex of all characters is a DLC purchase bonus? That feels like it's hinting at him being one of the first DLC characters.

That said, we could also get a solo Pyra (or better, Pyra and a Mythra echo). I'm kinda feeling a bit bummed about Isaac, but I'm pretty hopeful for some XC2 rep eventually.

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
Someone took a picture of your post and posted it on 4chan as if to rub salt to the game. https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/437294754 The OP in 4chan is killing the hype of others by laughing at them. Rubbing wound at them. Oh, really?

Also, you're making an HUGE, BIG mistake of canceling the preorder.
I don't care anymore. Let them laugh for all I care. I'm not buying the game. Hype was killed. End of story.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm struggling to find the right words to say.

I'm sorry guys. You deserve better. I really hoped it would worked out.

:(

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry Isaac couldn't make it to the roster, I always thought he would be a very unique fighter too :(. Meybe Sakurai could upgrade Assists to fighters for DLC?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Even without a playable Isaac we can still support Golden Sun to make a return. After we mourn over an non-playable Isaac we need to shift our gears to getting Nintendo interested in a new Golden Sun.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
The “ mysterious item” is on the website, its just a Healing Sprout. RIP, Skull Kid is also an Assist.

Its been fun on this wild ride, Im not mad, disappointed yeah. Piranha Plant...I’ll see you guys later. I gotta clean Sakurais spit of my face (just kidding Im still pre-ordering the game)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's a real shame, but we put in a good effort, and we got our boy back to AT status. I know that will be faint praise for some of you, but like I said a couple days ago, ten times out of ten I'd take any Isaac above no Isaac. I'm just happy he's in the game, and he looks great! Still sounds about eight, but w/e lol.

Now he's finally in HD, and has been fleshed out as an AT. I guess I'll be playing with items on again. :laugh:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
You know I'm not even that disappointed, no one won after all.
We gotta stick together and ask for our bois
Boxists won.
Hi guys,

I am very sorry about your loss for Isaac, as my heart for Shadow The Hedgehog got crushed (thank god no sign of Rayman nor Dixie being disconfirmed and DLC on the way). Again my condolescence. I feel very sorry about it. :(
Dixie was a Spirit.
-----
I... I need to know how the Grinch Leak got faked.
Other than that, **** it. I doubt Isaac would be the first one to get out of the AT status in a single game.
I'm not mad, just disappointed on the direct as a whole, even ignoring the leak this Direct was pretty bad compared to 8.8.
Piranha Plant is not even on the newcomer screen while Ken has the Grinch Leak pose, I doubt it means something now, but there's hope.
Let's beat the **** out of the snowglobe. This game or the next, we will force his way in.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I feel like Rex hasn't lost his chance- we had Mii Fighter costumes of Inklings just beforehand. Similarly, isn't it strange that Rex of all characters is a DLC purchase bonus? That feels like it's hinting at him being one of the first DLC characters.

That said, we could also get a solo Pyra (or better, Pyra and a Mythra echo). I'm kinda feeling a bit bummed about Isaac, but I'm pretty hopeful for some XC2 rep eventually.
All DLC are from the ground up. Rex is dead. Pyra is a Spirit.

Top Bottom