• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Shin F.

Smash Master
Pirahna Plant is the greatest disappointment I've ever felt in my entire life. I could easily live with an Isaac AT, and with none of the other characters I like getting in, but this on top of it is just a slap in the face of every character the community has been asking for.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
You know what...

**** this. **** campaigning for Isaac for the next Smash game 6-10 years down the line. **** giving up entirely.

If we can’t get Isaac in Smash, fine, but I refuse to say our journey ends here. Everything that’s happened over the past few months, Golden Sun, for the first time in YEARS garnered a large amount of popularity. We have momentum. Let’s not lose it to a god damned assist trophy.

Maybe I’m just trying to keep some hope alive, but that hope isn’t getting Isaac in Smash. Screw that, I’m pissed now. But I’m gonna remain civil and recommend something. I hope you guys and gals are with me.

We have a chance... and this is our only chance while we still have the numbers. To cry out. To reach out to Nintendo directly, not Sakurai, for a revival of Golden Sun. It’s a long shot. And maybe it’s a stupid idea. But as Golden Sun fans, what else do we have on the horizon? A ****ing Assist Trophy? No! No no no no no!

Let’s bring back the sun. By ****ing force if we have to! I say this through gritted teeth and tears in my eyes, I’m tired of being shafted like this. Golden Sun has so much potential, but because it isn’t Mario, Zelda, Kirby or ****ing Fire Emblem, they don’t care. Well let’s show them we care dammit. No more quietly supporting this DEAD franchise. Let’s be ****ing vocal from this point on. Let’s do something god dammit!

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Don't lose to negativity.
As they said, they couldn't include characters from games that came out during developpement etc. And they haven't started on DLC devellopment yet.
Guess what happened during the past few months ?
This.
This thread.
The biggest support thread of the whole website.
Tons of fanart.
Tons of leak saying he was in.
Isaac has never been more "relevant".
If we want a shot at DLC we have to manifest now and never stop, show that the character is highly requested, hence would sell well.
WHAT'S THE ****ING POINT?! HE'S A SNOWGLOBE! HE'S NOT LEAVING THAT! NINTENDO DOES. NOT. CARE ABOUT ANYONE OF THEIR FANS! IT'S ALL A WASTE OF ****ING TIME! ;_;

Ookami Ryo

Smash Rookie
No info about Geno no info about Skull Kid Springman Rex and Pyra dead Isaac AT (why....i mean why this plant i mean theres more than that in Mario World and we already have too much Mario world characters) still theres little hope for Felix or Matthew but yeah it hurts
Personally the fact that Isaac is in the game as an assist i accept but that PP get in instead i just can't

Last edited:

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
*blows a war horn near the masses of Isaac, Geno, Shantae, Skull Kid, Spring Man, Shadow, Chibi Robo, Rex, Black Knight, etc. , etc., etc. supporters*

It is not too late!

The sky has not fallen!

We may now be trapped in Spirit/Trophy hell, but Little Mac has shown us that there is a way out!

Show your support for your favorite character, your determination to see them playable, your willpower to take the blows of denial and come back stronger then ever!

All is not lost, fellow Adepts, Genies, Drivers, ARMS contestants, Skull Kids, Puppets, etc., etc., etc.!

For the ever-bureaucratic halls of Nintendo will surely hear our cries! Our rally!

We must be louder! LOUDER!

Then, and only then, will we make our dreams a reality!

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
Also check the website now. The AT Graveyard has also been updated with Shadow, Isaac, Dillon, Skull Kid, Prince Sable, Black Knight, and Springman

I am so disappointed that they did us dirty like that. UUUUGGGHHHHHHH

Damn this hurts. I still think it’s possible for him or another golden sun rep to get in as DLC.

His voice and model is pretty much the same from brawl just slightly touched up...

We have to keep advocating for him don’t give up hope.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Welll..... I never thought Sakurai would let this happen...with all of the power in his hands... but it has indeed come to pass. The sun has set on this fateful day.... :(

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
I'm still gonna stick around 'til all the DLC gets revealed; I still have Roy, but I don't know if I'm going to get the game as soon as I would have if Isaac was in it. Guess it depends on how much I feel like playing.

Sad that we're gonna lose tons of people, probably. Don't know what to say to the people leaving but it's been fun.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Wow. I can't ****ing believe I actually got my hype ruined. Why? Why would Sakurai do this? Was the Isaac AT not ready? Why was Isaac an AT? Why is a ****ING PIRANHA PLANT our first DLC character? That's some real bull**** right there. I don't believe this ****. ****.

D

Deleted member

Yo y'all DLC, dont give up
Yeah, I don't think so. Sakurai pretty much snapped his Infinity Gauntlet and wiped out a LOT of contenders right out of the gate, even with February 2020 being the end of the DLC cycle. We may have to think outside the box.

Since Isaac's been deconfirmed, I'm going to start supporting Medusa now.

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
FELIX.jpg

It's his time now! Felix shakes things up this time!

Isaac's move is too iconic so they going to put in Felix or Matthew

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hey Isaac fans.

I'm sorry for what happened to you guys. You're probably feeling upset right now. You're probably wondering why Sakurai couldn't just show the AT earlier, and not get your hopes up. You're probably wondering why he even shared that picture with Rathalos that was framed similar to a Golden Sun screenshot. You're probably asking why in general Isaac, despite all the demand and it making sense for him to be a fighter, didn't make it. I can't answer that. What I can tell you is not to give up. These feelings were similar to that of a Ridley supporter back when he was shown as a stage boss. As someone who himself wanted Ridley, I can tell you that you're probably going to deal with some mockery for a year or two, just because that's how a lot of people in this community are. Don't let that stop you. I told something similar to Incineroar supporters when people were confident that the grinch leak was real, if you love this character, fight for them. No matter what people say to detract them, be vocal and fight for Isaac to be in as DLC or the next game. People told Ridley supporters he would never be in just because of something Sakurai said, that didn't stop Ridley supporters, and look where they are now. That's all. I'm rooting for you guys.

Klimax

Smash Ace
I'm not mad at Geno (and many others) being a spirit, it's not a total deconfirmation in my eyes. But damn, in my opinion, Isaac as an AT was like the biggest insult. In my opinion, Sakurai really fcked up here. I feel sorry for you guys, you deserved so much better.

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
I am saddened by the news that he is, indeed, not a playable character.
And to commemorate this sadness, I have created this.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I wonder if being a spirit is a deconfirm, becuase if it is, I actually kinda of agree with the first sentence. Atleast Isaac got to be more than a png lol
I feel like it is. I'm not getting the "has a chance to be DLC" vibe from them.

link2702

Smash Champion
I’d just like to say sorry Isaac fans :(

We geno fans are desperately trying to hold out for dlc, but it looks like isaac is out...

If geno never makes it as dlc, at least y’all can look on the bright side that your character is more than just a sticker...

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
... This is'nt the end.

Maybe it is for Ultimate.

BUT!

Isaac coming back , even as an assist will at least give him some spotlight.

Even if DLC is'nt possible for him. Never forget him. Never.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Jesus Christ, what a way to deflate the hype at the last moment, and this is coming from a Ridley supporter.
Really sorry, Isaac fans. I was rooting for you guys and the Geno fanbase, because as a Ridley supporter I empathized with your struggle. I was hoping you would make it in the end and stand with us Ridley fans and K.Rool fans in vindication and relief years in the making.
Looking back, the whole shadow theory nonsense pales in comparison to this. No Isaac or Geno, but a generic Mario enemy gets in instead?

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
So who was deconfirmed? We have

Isaac *sob*
Geno
Shadow
Rex / Pyra
A lot of Non modern FE characters
Dixie
Springman
Lip

What about Mach Rider, Geno, Chorus Kids, and Banjo? Did they have any content?
I've spotted a Rhythm heaven spirit, but the kids are still alive for DLC I think.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
I won't lie, seeing Isaac as an AT again really dampered my mood for the rest of the Direct, at this point I wish they would have deconfirmed him from the start, to spare me the months of false hope.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
*blows a war horn near the masses of Isaac, Geno, Shantae, Skull Kid, Spring Man, Shadow, Chibi Robo, Rex, Black Knight, etc. , etc., etc. supporters*

It is not too late!

The sky has not fallen!

We may now be trapped in Spirit/Trophy hell, but Little Mac has shown us that there is a way out!

Show your support for your favorite character, your determination to see them playable, your willpower to take the blows of denial and come back stronger then ever!

All is not lost, fellow Adepts, Genies, Drivers, ARMS contestants, Skull Kids, Puppets, etc., etc., etc.!

For the ever-bureaucratic halls of Nintendo will surely hear our cries! Our rally!

pffft yeah like that'll help golden sun will be forgotten by the time smash 6 comes around

Koopaul

Smash Champion

In about 6 years... Or more.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Hey, dropping in from the Elma thread to offer my condolence. I also really wanted Isaac, although Elma was my most wanted. Let's hope that this time around, Assist Trophies do have a chance to be upgraded in DLC.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Remember guys. There's no hard written rules about AT's not being able to be promoted. It sucks yes but it's not the end. If anything, it's incentive to work harder towards the goal.

And as an aside, Isaac's updated design looks really sweet. Though he's still being voiced by a female VA which I hoped wouldn't happen again lol.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
I'm sorry about the direct Isaac bros, I do hope to find your support for Lloyd since his chances are still very very high! I'll pour one out for you guys tonight for sure, really really sorry about how things turned out. Love and peace ~

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I'm not going to give up. But I will say Sakurai has completely ruined this roster in the worst manner possible.

I'm going to lick my wounds and start on the hard pressure for DLC and Smash 6. But jesus Sakurai, you really messed up. For every fandom

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I haven't even seen the direct yet, however, I'm not even sure I want to at this point.

Also, It's time to campaign Isaac and Felix for DLC. We can't give up just yet.

Last edited:

Yangfly Leone

Smash Cadet
It's over my fellow adepts, it was fun reading this thread most of the time and hoping my dream character got into smash. a big **** to troll Sakurai, teasing us just to disconfirm him like this, if he was to be an AT from the beggining, at least disconfirm him before aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
That said, I still have hope for Banjo and Geno to be DLC, as the 3 of them were the only characters I really wanted.

Farewell my friends, if there comes to be another Ballot I'll vote for Matthew, maybe this is the only chance of Golden Sun being revived.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
So, we can hope for Felix or Matt at this point I guess.

Isaac was the only character I actually wanted so...I don’t know what to do anymore ha...

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
I know we are all hurting, I won't say anything about trying to get any hopes up. I will say that these past 4 months have been really fun, I am really glad to have this journey with you all. Even if we didn't get our boy. However, we can only look forward. Stand tall and be stronger.

I can only dream of getting a Golden Sun Representative as a DLC now. Still we can always talk about Golden Sun and spread the passion we have for it. I will accept this fate and negate all the hate. Either way, I am grateful for you all and I look forward to playing Smash.

I love you all, you are great people and stay passionate.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Well it's still possible for him to DLC so not all hope is lost. But man that playable Pirahana Plant was a damn smack in the face.

Top Bottom