• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I wish I had the time to say why this is a fundamental misunderstanding of how credible insiders operate. Suffice it to say, people are really bending themselves backwards to justify how a near-unanimous wave of insiders with matching claims somehow isn't indicative of accurate info proliferating.
Especially if the claims happened after one already claimed it to be true? There is a thing called dog piling on information what others assume to be true. "Near-unanimous"? Tell me, when were these claims made and if they followed after another source said it? If these "near-unanimous" claims are made after another source claimed them to be true then they are piggy-backing off the other leakers.

These aren't people who just showed up with claims expecting to be taken seriously, like some 4chan post. That's when you try to keep it safe and believable. These are people with existing reputations, not trying to convince, but trying to inform. If they were trying to convince, they would've said more than "don't believe it". They're not here to pull a quick caper, their basis is their reputation. Meanwhile the few insiders that do share more are lambasted and accused of this kinda conspiracy-weaving stuff.
Is that why multiple "sources" with reputations called the Grinch Leak fake? Besides, playing it safe is exactly why people are very skeptical. Surely someone who has insider information would not be bothered if someone else who has insider information says something different? They need more information to give out otherwise it is complete hearsay.

And the very reason why others believe the Grinch Leak more is because there is more information that people can track down and digest, like the character banner portrait and the LinkedIn Bricard employee. Even if Bricard says opposite, you can still base it off of being under the NDA.

No leaker who hopes to continue operating within insider channels is going to throw out claims predicated on tenuous theories like the sprout orb or guessing as to the identity of Vergeben hints. Basing claims on such speculative conjecture will catch up with them, they will eventually be wrong, and will find themselves blacklisted. Only if you're some anon would that kind of stuff be inconsequential.
So Mystic isn't someone making a tenuous theory based on the Sprout Orb? How is it not throwing out claims after Mystic claimed Isaac to be in after the sprout orb leak? Just claiming Isaac is in the game after the Sprout Orb leak and not mentioning it is all it takes to be proven a reliable source?

Don't work backwards trying to justify a conclusion by filling in the gaps. Look at things from all angles and keep an open mind. Oh and fwiw "No "insider" is going to ignore Isaac after the sprout leak." Literally they all have, minus one.
I have looked at it and it seems Mystic is the only one to have claimed Isaac after the fact, but do not be surprised if others decide to "get more information from their sources".

tl;dr Unless these "insiders" give us more information than claiming it was what their "sources" said then it is just hearsay and can easily be based off of the other claims.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Derek said he thought Isaac would be in.
Ash agreed with him.
Jon also agreed.
Andre said he didn’t think so and asked Jon again and then Jon said no.

But Andre also thinks a Tetris Block will be playable and he couldn’t give a **** less about Golden Sun so he wouldn’t give Isaac a chance anyways.
Andre always dismisses anything positive about Isaac, pretty annoying tbh

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace

There's not a soul out there
No one to hear my prayer
Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight
Won't somebody help me Chase the shadows away
Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight
Take me through the darkness
To the break of the day Please...Isaac, hear my prayer.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Sounds like they have no inside information and are just speculating
Or they just don’t want to predict everything so they are pretending to have different opinions. But that’s conspiracy theory stuff

Andre always dismisses anything positive about Isaac, pretty annoying tbh
Yeah, he only is interested in what he cares about. He’s always been like that with Golden Sun.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
None of them even mentioned the mystery of Golden Sun's early trademark renewal.
safe to sy they only care about new things "oh what's this golden sun getting renewed?" "is it a new game?" "um, it came out in 2001" "oh trash it! it doesn't fit with our agenda"

Last edited:

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that'd be upset if after all this time, all the hints, and all the teases, he'd just be an assist AGAIN? Or not anywhere to be seen? Cause a feeling in my stomach is starting to tell me that I might just be disappointed. I don't know anymore.

Smashmar2

Smash Cadet
This is the time I feel we all should just stop, chill, and see what happens. All this I feel is creating too much stress for us, we'll have our answer in a day and a half, just sit tight and wait!

cybersai

Smash Ace
Am I the only one that'd be upset if after all this time, all the hints, and all the teases, he'd just be an assist AGAIN? Or not anywhere to be seen? Cause a feeling in my stomach is starting to tell me that I might just be disappointed. I don't know anymore.
That's why I can't see him as an Assist. If he truly was an Assist again he would have been revealed in the first few trailers just to end speculation on his fate quickly.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Gah, I really wish that the Direct wasn't so far away after all of this anticipation. I'm glad of the time because I can actually watch it, but damn it, I'm like far too many here distracted by the enticing Smash Bros news.

Also, GameXplain has really pissed me off with this leak. If they have insider information and know the lineup, then they're entirely doing predictions to generate revenue when they should keep their mouths shut. If they don't know anything special, they really should have covered the leak in some greater capacity regardless of the circumstances that makes them believe it fake (And that better not be, BUT INCINEROAR because that's such a wholly invalid reason to ignore the leak. Again, it's a big thing in the community, you don't get to ignore it as supposed journalists because you feel like it). They've been a channel I frequent less and less, and this seems to be final straw for me.

Edit: I also meant to mention, they can be particularly tone death and overly dismissive of things in their speculation... which has also come to annoy me in this speculation cycle.

Last edited:

AlliwantisIsaac

Smash Cadet
Have faith! It will all be revealed in less than 2 days. And I mean there's much evidence going for him... the sprout, the renewal of the trademark. Don't give up just yet nothing they say is gospel they're just being ***** because they don't agree with him being in the game.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
While I'm on Team Fake when it comes to Grinch. I actually believe Isaac is in the game (mostly thanks to that mysterious item) and I wanted to come in and say that I'm still rooting for you guys. I've said it before and I'll say it again as a King K. Rool fanatic I want EVERYONE who is a fan of a character that has been neglected by Nintendo to finally get their character in the limelight and have a chance at a future again. I've been through all the "Irrelevants" and "Nintendo doesn't care because they didn't create him" so I know what a lot of you are going through. While I'm just some random schmuck on Smashboards that has no attachment to Golden Sun or Isaac, I still wanted to regive you my blessing. I hope you guys get your character as well as a new entry in some of yall's favorite franchise.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Derek said he thought Isaac would be in.
Ash agreed with him.
Jon also agreed.
Andre said he didn’t think so and asked Jon again and then Jon said no.

But Andre also thinks a Tetris Block will be playable and he couldn’t give a **** less about Golden Sun so he wouldn’t give Isaac a chance anyways.
Well if Jon backed down on it I'm feeling really pessimistic ngl. Unrelated to Andre's opinions on Isaac, I've never liked him. He's just a bad-take dispenser.

StormC

Smash Hero
Jonneh bashed K. Rool on ResetERA the night before his reveal.

Just something to keep in mind.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
I just want it to be over. And I can't help but be pessimistic. Something feels weird about this and I can't figure out what. Everything has me confused. :crazy:
Edit: If Nintendo wanted to muddy the "insider" information I think they did a **** good job of it.

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
What are people even bickering about on here? There is a

FORTY MINUTE

SMASH BROS

DIRECT

IN LESS THAN 36 HOURS.

Whocares about who leaked what? We spent the past 3 months discussing that stuff to death. There’s only one thing we should all be doing now and that is

GETTING

HYPE

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
To those that are starting to have doubts, it’s natural. Nothing is set in stone and we’re nearing the end game. So it’s natural to start having doubts. In fact it’s a good thing.

As positive as I am about Isaac’s inclusion, even I have space reserved for doubts. And it’s important to realize he might not happen. And if that happens, it’s EXTREMELY important to not attack Sakurai or Nintendo. It’s also important to keep salt to a bear minimum. If Isaac isn’t confirmed it’s not the end of the world. We’ll just have to continue supporting our Golden Boy in future endeavors.

Keep in mind I’m not telling people to hype responsibly. You can be as hype as you want! Just keep a tiny little corner in the back of your head reserved for doubt. Just in case.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I have a soft spot for Derrick at GXP since he's a huge Xenoblade fan. Us Xeno boys gotta stick together, like the Golden Boys

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Why is that laughable? You’re telling me it’s not possible Insiders had heard rumors about Isaac, but they weren’t sure and then when they saw the Wendy’s leak they now feel confident saying he’s in?
Just like what GoodGrief said, if they only know what average joes know then they are worthless. An "insider" would have no reason to not feel confident about a character being in because they are supposed to have insider information.

I could say the exact same thing with Vergeben and Ken. HE didn’t say anything about Ken until AFTER the August Direct when, guess what, it was revealed third party characters could have Echo Fighters. But that’s okay I guess.
I was talking about how Incieroar saves Vergenben's claim because he was the first one to mention Incieroar. After he did, more people started to mention Incieroar. Back in the day nobody claimed Incieroar besides Vergeben.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
To those that are starting to have doubts, it’s natural. Nothing is set in stone and we’re nearing the end game. So it’s natural to start having doubts. In fact it’s a good thing.

As positive as I am about Isaac’s inclusion, even I have space reserved for doubts. And it’s important to realize he might not happen. And if that happens, it’s EXTREMELY important to not attack Sakurai or Nintendo. It’s also important to keep salt to a bear minimum. If Isaac isn’t confirmed it’s not the end of the world. We’ll just have to continue supporting our Golden Boy in future endeavors.

Keep in mind I’m not telling people to hype responsibly. You can be as hype as you want! Just keep a tiny little corner in the back of your head reserved for doubt. Just in case.
Hard agree. Even if the worst-case-scenario, getting AT'd, happens, we MUST keep calm and carry on. Y'all are a passionate but chill bunch so I believe we can do it!

spaceperson741

Smash Cadet
Have we gotten any word on Assist Trophies being removed from Smash 4 but re-implemented in Ultimate? If not, I'm gonna be optimistic about Isaac as not being an AT.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Have we gotten any word on Assist Trophies being removed from Smash 4 but re-implemented in Ultimate? If not, I'm gonna be optimistic about Isaac as not being an AT.
I do not see the reason why Isaac would have been removed if they were just going to add him as an Assist Trophy anyways. Having Isaac in Smash 4 would have saved the development team time on Isaac that could have gone to make a character. Why remove Isaac at all if you were not going to do more with him?

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
For people who want to pass the time with something smash related. Arlo recently put out a video where he plays and talks about previous Smash games in a very casual way. (Video here) I also recently rewatched the Subspace Emissary cutscenes which was another trip down memory lane I would recommend. The Smash direct will come soon.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman

Yep.. just right now I'm in pessimism mode I guess. Eh. I'll get over it.

StormC

Smash Hero
Are there any more posts like this or just this one all by its lonesome? I love reading things like this, it's always funny.
This is the only one I'm aware of, but that whole thread is a funny read for people who bought fully into Vergeben's "no DK rep" nonsense.

D

Deleted member

Speaking about Andre and Isaac... I know it's not polite decorum, but I do want to see him admit that Isaac was a good choice for Smash Bros..

And we rub it in.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
40 minutes is REALLY long for a Direct.

I guess we probably have at least two reveal trailers to go through (even in the worst case scenario)

And then there's still the Spirits mode and online stuff to go through, as well as maybe revealing a few last Pokemon, Assist Trophies, and items, but even if they stretch it out I can't see that lasting longer than 20 minutes altogether. Especially since some of that stuff will be showcased in more detail in the following Treehouse Live. And ESPECIALLY if they have nothing new to say about any stages now that we've "allegedly" seen them all.

Which is why I'm pretty convinced now about the 5 new stages and maybe even the Grinch leak stuff. Like...what else is there to talk about? The E3 and 8.8 Directs were both packed to the gills with content and those only lasted 20-30 minutes each. Now there's a FORTY minute Direct and we already know about a lot of the things.

Now, if there were 7 more characters and 5 stages yet to reveal? Yeah, I can see that taking up 40 minutes easily.

But as Jupiter Ivan Jupiter Ivan kindly pointed out, it's best to be ready for anything. Even if Isaac is somehow not in, I think we're in store for an amazing Direct.

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman

Well said. Isaac support has not gotten any smaller since Smash 4, in fact it is larger than ever and we can't let one direct take that from us. We will just keep growing and supporting until we are too big(:ultridley:) to ignore.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I couldn't watch the gamexplain video to the end because for some reasons I was getting increasingly annoyed.
I'll avoid their channel and insiders stuff till the direct I think. Because the only thing they're great at is killing the mood.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I ask one favor.

If Isaac is in, or not in. Please behave.

All I ask.
Yeah. This thread was pretty bad after the September Direct.

Can’t imagine what would happen after the final smash direct before the games comes out...

That’s why I want everyone to go in with a bit of doubt. Prepare yourselves for anything. Even the worst of outcomes.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
People are too anxious. I'm more interested in his moveset and level.

Him being in is already known, and has been for some time.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I couldn't watch the gamexplain video to the end because for some reasons I was getting increasingly annoyed.
I'll avoid their channel and insiders stuff till the direct I think. Because the only thing they're great at is killing the mood.
Note: Gamexplain only gets paid for minutes watched on their video. Views on videos no longer gain profits in YouTube.

Top Bottom