• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Something I was thinking about.

Let's assume for a second that the Grinch leak is fake.

MysticDistance (an insider) mentioned that there would be a trailer that includes two character reveals. Now some people are saying that it would be Ken and Incineroar, but that would be the first time two newcomers from different franchises appeared in a trailer together. It's not impossible but there's also no precedent for it.

What are the chances of the trailer MysticDistance is talking about being a reveal of both Isaac and Felix?
In the case of Ken and Incinroar they both have fire attacks and use fire. Ken could be Incinroar's foe. But yes they're from unrelated series, but I could see ken appearing in the trailer

I hope its Isaac and Felix. No one else in the leak is really cloneable or they're already a clone. Mach Rider and Excite Biker maybe??

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
*puts tinfoil hat on*

The reason why Incineroar doesn't appear on the banner leak is because they have commissioned more than one company to make display units for them and they've provided each company with material showing a different (or slightly different) set of characters in order to lessen the damage dealt by a potential leak.

Sorry. :p

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Thank you! Yeah, I draw quite a lot, in my job and privatly.
I am actually working on my own smash fanart, for a long time already (actually since Smash WiiU...) but now im gonna update it for ultimate!
It's very wip in many aspects, but I think that is the most relevant art to show here: My Smash Bros WIP fanart
Let's hope I can officially add Isaac to it one beautiful day!

Edit: And yes, I will have to redo Link.. wasn't satisfied with him anyway! xD
That's gonna end up looking phenomenal man! I hope you get to finish it as time goes on, no wonder it took pretty long time.

Hello there!

Just a French Geno supporter passing by to say you this: good luck. Smash speculation has been pretty harsh for everybody, but our goal is pratically reached by now.
The love you all have for Isaac is... truly amazing. It seems like I'm sharing the same one for Geno. Besides, everyone seems so kind and sweet in Isaac's support. Really, I love the atmosphere you're sharing.
This is why I wanted to understand. Why do they find Isaac that great? Is he that relevant for Smash? Is Golden Sun that good?

And oh boy was I right.
I've just left Vale with Garet in my party, and I'm already enjoying a lot what I'm seeing there. The music is so goooood! The story is quite intriguing, too. And I'm sure it will become even greater throughout the game! Now, I think I'm beginning to understand why you all want Isaac to be recognized. I've just started to play at Golden Sun, but I'm already sure this game is... well, golden. A true masterpiece. This is something I can feel. I felt something similar with each of my favorite games. So... yeah, now I will truly be disappointed if Isaac doesn't make it. But I'm convinced his chances are pretty high, so don't lose hope!

You're definitely in for, uh, golden time. :grin:

Reminds me that I should probably continue my game too, my cutie blondie Jupiter Mage is waiting. :colorful:

I tell you though, you're gonna be in for quite a journey. Doesn't it just feel timeless too? It's what makes a great (J)RPG to me.

And as you said, love and dedication for GS-series really is immensely passionate and huge - and it deserves it all too. I remember being quite floored on finding about sites like Golden Sun Syndicate that really let me get knee-deep on the series' class system, or Adept's Refuge - which is like a full-blown RP-site for GS-fans, with pretty extensive clans within.

And of course, there's some sum of fan material to have fun with when you've completed the game! ;)

Last edited:

Tecnoid

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, if a new Golden Sun game is released, how do you think it will start? Maybe with the story of Felix's son or something like that?

PurpleStuff5

Smash Cadet
So, I've been thinking about the Grinch leak for a while, and I'd like to break down and analyze some of it.

First, though, I would like to cut down on some of the flaws of the pro-Grinch argument:

We don't know that this is true. There is, as yet, no confirmation that this company contracts with either Bandai-Namco or Universal Studios, let alone both. While the company he worked for a year ago did contract with Bandai-Namco, the one he currently works for may or may not. Also, this argument fails to consider that Bandai-Namco would not be handling publicity, Nintendo would, since they are the publisher.

Now, as we get to the rest of it, we need to approach the leak logically. Following Occam's Razor, let's simplify things as much as possible. What must be faked in order to pull of this leak?

The answer is actually ridiculously simple. The only thing that needs to be faked is the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate material. Everything else can be genuine. The leak could actually have been created by someone who works for a publicity company and makes these sorts of promotional materials. The material for The Grinch could all be genuine, as could his work history with the company. As the meme says "anyone can make a fake leak". Even a publicist. There does not need to be any identity theft or identity fraud for this to be faked. Not even the Snapchat aspect of it was necessarily faked. It could have been something that he sent a friend via Snapchat, never meaning for it to go further and his name to be revealed (though that would mean all of this was created to fool one or two people, which does seem rather farfetched).

The only things that needed to be faked were the actual Super Smash Bros. Ultimate materials. So, let's look at them for a second.

View attachment 172845

This is the image that has received the most attention, specifically the multi panel image in the middle. This image, apparently depicting a version of the Battlefield background used in the Mural but with the characters removed, has been reviewed in detail by a number of artists and digital arts enthusiasts, most notably ArtsyOmni, whose video on the subject can be found here.

I, however, am not an enthusiast or expert in digital art manipulation, nor of artistic techniques or analysis. So I will leave that to those who are.

Instead, I will focus on other, less analyzed aspects of the leaked materials, which I do have experience with.

Beneath the "LOL" emoji is what appears to be a set of display instructions for a circular hanging display. The display would contain the mural, wrapped into a circle (taking advantage of the fact that the mural's edges merge seamlessly), and suspended from four lines that converge at a single hanging point. This makes it clear that this is a display to be hung from the ceiling, and that the mural image would go on the outside of it.

Now, here is where things get interesting. It has been pointed out by some that the Mural image on this hanging display is not properly scaled, and that the mural would not fit on the display as shown. Whomever has made such an argument is an individual whom I can only assume has never had to set up a retail display, or at least, never actually looked at the instructions for doing so. Because, as someone who has set up dozens, and reviewed the instructions for probably hundreds over the course of seven years work in retail, I can assure you that the instructions for those displays are NEVER properly scaled. Or properly clipped. Or properly angled. Or properly sized. Or properly representative of the space you actually HAVE on a display to put the items they're telling you will fit there. Or-

Ahem. Apologies. Anyway, the point is, the instruction pages that come with display materials are designed to show you how to assemble them, how to display them, and what to put where. They are never artistically accurate. Literally, NEVER. The only ones I have seen which are accurate in terms of visuals are ones which are simply pictures taken of already assembled displays (which are inferior for the purposes of showing how to assemble such displays to the simple line drawings with cutouts).

The reasoning for the art being off is actually very simple: It's nothing but a placeholder, and its only purpose is to convey to you what side should face out, or to help confirm which piece you're looking for. Frequently (though not always), if the item being displayed is a book, magazine, or game (anything with a definitive "front") the picture will be skipped entirely, and instead replaced with a simple display of the title in block text. The images which do show up are usually minimal effort. Low quality images, taken from a camera, badly shoved into place, and then clipped to fit the block lines. Sometimes they will be perspective shifted to match the angle of the display. Sometimes not. Sometimes they'll be perspective shifted to NOT match at all (which can be really infuriating to see from someone with mild OCD about clean displays).

Scrolling down, we then see the three panel display. It has been said that these are for a light box display, and that would explain the low quality and color shifting of the art. I do not disagree or argue the point that a light box display would need to be altered in such a way. From personal experience, it would, though I cannot say what the result would be. However, I would argue that the image in question is simply too small to be used effectively for such a purpose. The light box displays I've worked with in the past are frequently quite large, and this one is roughly the size of a single sheet of paper for a three panel display. No. In actuality, this is another page of display instructions. While it is probably display instructions for such a light box, its purpose is merely to highlight which panel goes in which part of the display, to assure that the panels are in order and properly displayed.

And before you ask, the answer is yes. Such instructions do indeed assume that you are a moron who cannot tell which parts of a continuous display image go where just from looking at them.

Below that, we have further block diagrams, including some empty boxes which could be filled with instructions, more photos, or information specific to a particular store or outlet as this material is distributed.

So this entire image is actually a picture of display instructions for promotional material, rather than promotional material itself. It is likely a picture of a picture of promotional items, both taken with poor cameras, and neither intended to be professional quality.

View attachment 172856

This image, on the other hand, which I have yet to see be artistically analyzed at all, is itself promotional material.

It's a packaged display of a circular item. It appears to be a wristband, due to both the size and the taper at the end. You can also see a faint outline of those same hanging instructions in this image, above the wristband, that looks as though it's being shown through a blank sheet of paper. The wristband appears very professionally produced, with properly scaled images placed correctly on the wristband.

So, after reviewing these images, the only conclusion I can come to is that this is 100% genuine. Artistic anomalies in the instructions are expected. In fact, I would be honestly shocked if they were not there. This gentleman's role in the company likely includes either review of materials, or assembly of the instructions themselves. The images used were likely taken by a worker at this company (if not the gentleman in question), on a low quality camera, and jumbled and edited into place to fit the lines and serve their bare purpose of being a placeholder (they were almost assuredly NOT provided by Nintendo). Any artistic analysis of those pieces is utterly irrelevant to the validity of the leak.

@papagenos Billybae10K Billybae10K - This might be something you guys would want to review.
Thank you so much for the explanation. I will say that it makes sense that the artwork for the instructions wouldn't be as detailed as the actual promotional material itself. At a relatively cursory glance, it does seem like the battlefield on the wristband does look the same as the artwork for the instructions (with the same artwork that has been scrutinized). So if that's supposed to be the final product then I suppose that same gripe could be applied to the wristband.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Thank you so much for the explanation. I will say that it makes sense that the artwork for the instructions wouldn't be as detailed as the actual promotional material itself. At a relatively cursory glance, it does seem like the battlefield on the wristband does look the same as the artwork for the instructions (with the same artwork that has been scrutinized). So if that's supposed to be the final product then I suppose that same gripe could be applied to the wristband.
Not quite. It's similar, yes. Because it's the same scene. But it has logos or characters covering most of the parts that have been analyzed in detail. What's more, it's a better quality image, since it is intended as a final product.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
On a more upbeat note, I imagined how the new item will be introduced, and how it could tie to an isaac reveal.
The direct would start by an item presentation, showing of old and new items, like the Growth one.
"With the possibility of the new ladder attacks, we wanted to allow the players to place their own ladders on any stage to change the space and flow of battle. With this little sprout, a vine will grow for a few dozens of seconds, allowing anyone to climb it like a ladder.
But some of you may already be familiar with it tho" In the back ground we see gameplay, and ivysaur climbing it and...
Black screen, cue up the CG trailer.
Ivysaur and pokemon trainer coming up a cliff, and chasing something in a bush. We don't see what yet. While they get closer, a little light flies past them, and we hear/see Link chasing it, as if it was a fairy. Together they slowly approach the bush, ready to jump on it when the two djinnis jump out and try to escape ! One of them headbutts Link (cause come on, it'd be fun) who then draw his sword and prepare to strike only to get parried by the blade a mysterious figure that cover the poor creature, before that figure extend their hand and propels link several feets away.
Meanwhile Ivysaur tries to catch the other djinni with his vines, only for them to be cutted not by a sword, but by spiked brambles coming out of the ground.
Camera pans out, revealing Isaac defending the two djinns.
"Isaac stands his ground !"
The two djinns flies and links to Isaac.
Cut to gameplay section.

I also thought of something that could be a neat detail but probably won't be in game.
You know how only Adepts can see psynergy ? It'd be neat if in game, well probably in online matches, you'd only be able to clearly see Isaac's psynergies if you play a mystical character, fighters with affinity or knowledge of magic (Zelda, Ganondorf, Robin, Lucario, mewtwo etc). Others would still see something, but kinda blurry, instead of a hand for example.

Edit:

Hey guys, if a new Golden Sun game is released, how do you think it will start? Maybe with the story of Felix's son or something like that?
I'd prefer to play his daughter, would be nice to have a girl protag. Something like taking place a bit before the end of the third game, right before the eclipse ends. Maybe her being trapped by a monster of darkness, and getting "infected" by it. So she'd be a dark adept and when we meet Matthew he could be a light one. At least partially. (and then fun ensues because love triangle with best girl)

Edit2:

In the case of Ken and Incinroar they both have fire attacks and use fire. Ken could be Incinroar's foe. But yes they're from unrelated series, but I could see ken appearing in the trailer
It would actually work. Incineroar is a heel catch fighter. They could be doing a promotional match, after all Ken is a star and a business man. Ken would be the "good guy" and inceneroar the "bad guy" of the show. It would be fun to see them fight for "fake" until something happens and they both get serious. (king dedede crashing the party probably, or Captain Falcon coming in to steal the show, angrying both ken and Incineroar).

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I've always had this theory there was a darker second world on the other side of those psynergy vortexes, and felix along with someone else ended up trapped on the other side. Or something like that. :p

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Maybe, all the psynergy they suck up has to go somewhere. Though they seem to be artificially created, or at least they can be. It means the empire can use them effectively, maybe they have access to this dimension and use the energy to feed something, or it's just empty but filled with psynergy absorbed, making it a reserve of raw power to be used in their floating kingdom, or soldiers, akin to magitech.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Updated. Also, nice thread title.

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 9Blades
  4. ☆Jisatsu☆
  5. *Verrix*
  6. ?!?!?!
  7. Accursed
  8. Adeptmune
  9. Agk0001
  10. Aguki90
  11. airConditioner
  12. AirMac1
  13. aldelaro5
  14. alguidrag
  15. Akod
  16. AlliwantisIsaac
  17. Altais
  18. Amberloo
  19. Amtoj
  20. AncientArk
  21. andimidna
  22. Androobie
  23. Aeon Lupin
  24. Apollyon
  25. Aqua Rock X
  26. AquaDork1
  27. AquaSol
  28. Arcadenik
  29. ArkSPiTFirE
  30. Arsenal234,
  31. Arteen
  32. Asian_Charizard
  33. Astraltar
  34. Aureola
  35. Aurora Jenny
  36. AustarusIV
  37. AwesomeCauliflower68
  38. Awesomedude444
  39. aztimh
  40. Backgammon
  41. Baddies are back
  42. Balgorxz
  43. BandannaWaddleDee
  44. Bane84
  45. Banjodorf
  46. bassem6
  47. Bassoonist
  48. Billybae10K
  49. BillyBat
  50. Bingoshi
  51. Bkupa666
  52. Black Magician
  53. Blackwolf666
  54. Blaziken
  55. Blue7113
  56. BluePikmin11
  57. BoltDragon
  58. BoN~
  59. Bowser-Daimao
  60. BravadoMan_13
  61. BridgesWithTurtles
  62. Brother AJ
  63. Browny
  64. Buddy002
  65. Bunny8093
  66. BUnit
  67. Burruni
  68. Calamitas
  69. Calane
  70. CactusBlah
  71. candyissweet
  72. Capita
  73. Cap'nChreest
  74. Captain Toad
  75. CardStealer1
  76. Cazzone,
  77. Chapter Serf
  78. CheckmateChuck
  79. CheeseBroJoe
  80. Cheezey Bites
  81. ChirimoyaX
  82. Chromfirmed
  83. Chrono.
  84. ChronoPenguin
  85. clearandsweet
  86. ClinkStryphart
  87. CliffJumper
  88. Clumsyzephyr
  89. Coaltergeist
  90. cocy965
  91. Cos.
  92. Confirmation
  93. Connorb0t2
  94. Crap-Zapper
  95. CrocoLoco
  96. CrossDispatcher
  97. cybersai
  98. Dalek_Kolt
  99. Darkdarkness
  100. Darkfur
  101. DatoSm
  102. Dee Dude
  103. Delta64
  104. Demonfunds
  105. Dendros
  106. Desert Croc
  107. Destroyer713
  108. Dezeray112
  109. Dhragen
  110. Dib The Crazy Kid
  111. Diddy Kong
  112. Dihan
  113. Dimensionsword64
  114. Dionaea_floridensis
  115. direktor
  116. DivinexRose
  117. DJ3DS
  118. DJBor
  119. D-Man9293
  120. DMurr
  121. DogManStar
  122. DoodleDuck97
  123. Doncalot
  124. DraginHikari
  125. Drakonis
  126. DrJayfox
  127. Dromader
  128. DukeNapoleon
  129. DustyPumpkin
  130. Dyllybirdy
  131. e105beta
  132. Eagle
  133. EclairSpark
  134. EclipseSmash
  135. EddyBearr
  136. ED Cantu
  137. Edlocke
  138. egaddmario
  139. ElPanandero
  140. El Syd
  141. EndlessChrom
  142. EndlessRain
  143. EnhaloTricks
  144. EricTheGamerman
  145. Essora
  146. ETFruitNinja
  147. ethanrodgers223
  148. Ezequileste
  149. Falgor
  150. Falkoopa
  151. False Sense
  152. FamiconDisk
  153. Felix_the_Slayer
  154. fenyx4
  155. ferioku
  156. Fire Rider
  157. Fire Tactician
  158. Fire_Voyager
  159. FirstBlade
  160. Flamel
  161. Flamingbird
  162. Flareon
  163. Flarzo
  164. FlawedAI
  165. Flik
  166. FlintIke
  167. Flynn.Scifo
  168. fogbadge.
  169. foolssigma
  170. FooltheFlames
  171. FrankAL
  172. FreddyOnDrugs
  173. Friesnchip
  174. Frosty Pops
  175. GalacticPetey
  176. Gameguy1996
  177. Gazorpazorpfield
  178. Geassguy
  179. gebi
  180. Geno Boost
  181. ghastmine
  182. Ghirahilda
  183. GhostStorm
  184. Gioka
  185. GladiusVortex
  186. GM_3826
  187. GoldenBoy01
  188. Golden Icarus
  189. GoldenSunIsAlive
  190. GoodGrief741
  191. Gotann
  192. GraveEclipse567
  193. gspindles
  194. Gurein
  195. Hakerson
  196. heylodom
  197. Highway20
  198. Holdenon
  199. hustler713
  200. Huanchi
  201. hwrdjacob
  202. iam8bit
  203. Icana
  204. iDazedX_x
  205. Inawordyes
  206. IntelliHeath1
  207. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  208. isaac3000
  209. Isaac4SmashUltimate
  210. Isaac for Smash Pls
  211. IsaacOrRiot
  212. Isaac: Venus Adept
  213. Istry555
  214. ItsRainingGravy
  215. ItsYio
  216. IvanQuote
  217. JaidynReiman
  218. Jak_spoon
  219. JamesDNaux
  220. James Tutumbero
  221. Jamurai
  222. Jandlebars
  223. JarBear
  224. Javifa
  225. Jclubsandwich
  226. JDogindy
  227. JesseMcCloud
  228. Jibunzo
  229. Johnknight1
  230. JohnnySparkxs
  231. JoyStar
  232. Jupiter Ivan
  233. Jurae818
  234. Just a random scrub
  235. jweb22
  236. Kalaam
  237. Kalomaze
  238. KCCHIEFS27
  239. KeniththeGatherer
  240. KeybladeSmasher
  241. KHJason95
  242. Kikaru
  243. Kind Dedede
  244. KingCloud
  245. KingShadow
  246. KingTorra
  247. KingZing
  248. KiraYoshikage
  249. KirbyDragon
  250. Kirbyfan391
  251. Kisae
  252. Klimax
  253. KMDP
  254. Knight-Adept
  255. KoalaNut
  256. Kokirikory
  257. KoopaSaki
  258. Koori
  259. Kremling Man
  260. Kumatora
  261. KurouKamen
  262. Kycse
  263. Lady Palutena
  264. Lampy
  265. LaniusShrike
  266. lanky_gunner
  267. LasermasterA
  268. Leafeon523
  269. Ledfarmer
  270. LeeYawshee
  271. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  272. LegendOfDragoon
  273. legendofrob1
  274. LemmyKoopa
  275. lexpic17
  276. lightdasher
  277. LightheartedBum
  278. Lightosia
  279. Linq
  280. Lisbon Mapping
  281. littl-myth
  282. Liverpool19
  283. LoboRundas
  284. Lone (Thirteenth)
  285. Lonodel
  286. Lord-Zero
  287. Lucanic
  288. Lucimar
  289. Ludjinnado
  290. Luigifan18
  291. lunarum
  292. Lukingordex
  293. Lurxy
  294. Lynn Eslie
  295. M23-X0
  296. MacSmitty
  297. MagiusNecros
  298. MAGMIS
  299. MainJPW
  300. Malcolm Belmont
  301. MaskO'Gears
  302. Master Rapier
  303. MasterMushroom
  304. MatthewVenusAdept
  305. Mav485
  306. McLapras
  307. MeatOfJustice
  308. Mega Bidoof
  309. Mehdow
  310. Mendelsin
  311. MetalMario128
  312. Metocles
  313. Midnight Torch
  314. Miifighters4Smash5
  315. Minato Arisato
  316. Mike Cometa
  317. Mikegamer0608
  318. Mishudo
  319. Monkokaio
  320. MonopolyRubix
  321. MorbidAltruism
  322. Moydow
  323. MrGame&Rock
  324. MrMacBeth
  325. MrToxicVoltage
  326. Muirkat
  327. Mythzotick
  328. mynameisv
  329. MysticKnives
  330. N1N
  331. N3ON
  332. Nauzgo
  333. Necro Toad
  334. Neo Zero
  335. NessAtc.
  336. Niala
  337. Nimbostratus
  338. NineS
  339. Ninjakid41592
  340. Nintandy
  341. Nintendokusou
  342. NitrusVirus
  343. NonSpecificGuy
  344. NoOtherPersona
  345. NoR4U
  346. Nossnitro102
  347. Octillus
  348. Oddyesy
  349. oh.glory
  350. OhMyBanana54
  351. Olo
  352. Onassi2
  353. Oniric Spriter
  354. Ookami Ryo
  355. OpticalBlast
  356. OptimisticStrifer
  357. Oracle_Summon
  358. Organization XIII
  359. osby
  360. otarolgam
  361. Oz37
  362. Pacack
  363. Papagenos
  364. ParanoidDrone
  365. Pcubed007
  366. Pennate
  367. Phaazoid
  368. PhilosophicAnimal
  369. pholtos
  370. Pizza Robo
  371. P.Kat
  372. Plain Yogurt
  373. Playcube
  374. PlayfulMushroom
  375. POKEMANSPIKA
  376. PokiehlthePoet
  377. Powerman293
  378. praline
  379. proxian
  380. psb123
  381. PSIguy89
  382. PSYNergy
  383. PrinceGal3n
  384. PurpleStuff5
  385. PWN3
  386. Pwnapplez
  387. Pyzlnar
  388. QcSlayer
  389. Q-Long
  390. Quetzal77
  391. R.O.B.
  392. Radical Beam
  393. Radori
  394. Raetah
  395. Rafuki21
  396. Raykz
  397. Raziek
  398. Red Dasher
  399. Red Ryu
  400. ReeseBalaski
  401. RegiGygas117
  402. RenH
  403. Replica
  404. Rethuic
  405. Retroen
  406. RetroMetalSonic
  407. RhymeswithEmpty
  408. Roger Smith
  409. RosaPeach
  410. Royaru
  411. roydgriffin
  412. Royvolution Ream
  413. RumpletrellskiN
  414. Ryan
  415. Ryuji
  416. Ryuutakeshi
  417. Sabrewulf238
  418. Saer2k
  419. Sagittarius
  420. Salocin
  421. sandfall
  422. SanicJan
  423. Sari
  424. Scatmansworld25
  425. Scoliosis Jones
  426. scoobymcsnack
  427. Seb9k+
  428. SebasSancy
  429. Secret Sexytime
  430. Seleir
  431. Seoxys
  432. Sephazon
  433. ShadowGuy1
  434. Shawnullah
  435. sheik93
  436. shellshocker18
  437. Shin F.
  438. Shinhed-echi
  439. Shiny Porygon
  440. Shog
  441. Sidboylol
  442. Silo777
  443. SirCamp
  444. Skeleton o' Fun
  445. SkullKidKing
  446. Skyblade12
  447. Skyfox2000
  448. sman3975
  449. Smash_Handle69
  450. SmashBro99
  451. smashingDoug
  452. smashkirby
  453. Smashmar2
  454. smash puffle
  455. SmashShadow
  456. smashtriforce77
  457. smileMasky
  458. SmilingMad
  459. SMX
  460. Solbliminal
  461. Solfiner
  462. someonetookjacob
  463. SonicLink125
  464. SonicSmasher
  465. SoraSaturn
  466. Sordim522
  467. SorMago
  468. SorrowOfAcheron
  469. SoulofKhaos
  470. Soulsaint
  471. SoupCanMafia
  472. Sparkus
  473. Spatman
  474. Spazzy_D
  475. Speedwagon
  476. spoilerowl
  477. Spootondorf
  478. Sqid
  479. Squirtle/Mario guy
  480. SSBFan
  481. Staarih
  482. StaffofSmashing
  483. Strider_Bond00J
  484. StrikeBlade
  485. SundaeS
  486. SuperBrawler
  487. Superfiremario
  488. SuperNintendoKid
  489. Supersmash77
  490. Superyoshiom
  491. Swampasaur
  492. Sykin
  493. Takasmash
  494. tamagone
  495. TappyBat
  496. TBone06
  497. tbuster766
  498. TCT~Phantom
  499. TeamFlareZakk
  500. Techno1000
  501. Tecnoid
  502. TeenGirlSquad
  503. TehEpicRyuga
  504. TempestSurge
  505. Tetiro
  506. ThatShadowLink
  507. THE 6r
  508. The Curious Volnutt
  509. The One Who Wrote This
  510. Thekewlusername
  511. T-Hell
  512. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  513. TheSeanMan
  514. TheSpaceKing
  515. The Stoopid Unikorn
  516. TheTactician
  517. THE TemporaryFool
  518. thethirdkoopa
  519. TheZoologist
  520. ThirdDay
  521. ThoughtfulWanderer
  522. ThunderOverload
  523. TiaSilvia
  524. TimeSmash
  525. Tinfoil
  526. Tiymako
  527. ToothiestAura
  528. topspin1617
  529. Travix Man
  530. TreeBranch
  531. True Blue Warrior
  532. Turmalinium
  533. tveye
  534. tyrus+
  535. UltimateWario
  536. Ultinarok
  537. Undella2
  538. User Name String
  539. UtopianPoyzin
  540. valkiriforce
  541. Vann Accessible
  542. Vegito2727
  543. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  544. Vintage Creep
  545. Violenceman
  546. walph
  547. warelander
  548. Warheart_666
  549. Wigglytuff ★
  550. winterofsilver
  551. Wintropy
  552. WhiteEaglePL
  553. Xelion
  554. Xenigma
  555. XenoWarriorX
  556. XeVioN
  557. Xiivi
  558. Xithyl_kykorl
  559. xLemmy_KoopaX
  560. xNaz
  561. xpnc
  562. XTremeGamer1234
  563. XxLtxX
  564. Yangfly Leone
  565. YellowLord
  566. Yggdra
  567. Yoh
  568. Yoshi444
  569. YoshiandToad
  570. Young Horsetail
  571. Your Hero
  572. Ypsen
  573. Yuki Setsuna
  574. Yusa
  575. YwhaletailY
  576. Zabadoo
  577. zabimaru1000
  578. zagman505
  579. zaiman12345
  580. Zalaresh
  581. Zandro
  582. ZanZero
  583. ZarroTsu
  584. ZeldaMaster
  585. ZelDan
  586. ZestyÑ
  587. zferolie
  588. zmero_
  589. Zulyar
  590. Zuppo

On the topic of Isaac and Felix in a trailer, that would be freaking awesome!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There's no precedent this time, but it's happened in past Smash games.
This.

I've been considering it possible for characters who could be "themed" together. Isaac and Geno (RPG characters), Shadow and Mach Rider (bikes), no longer possible but Isaac and Isabelle (both former Assist Trophies). Or maybe they just have a Brawl reveal trailer-like blow out at the end. Really hard to say there.

But yeah, while there's no precedent now, its definitely happened before. Captain Falcon was confirmed to return (not a new character but still counts) alongside Lucina and Robin last time, for example. Though last time, with Smash 4, all newcomers did get their own trailers (and were only paired up with newcomers from the same franchise) as well. So they haven't done this since Brawl... but there's nothing stopping them from doing it again now.

Something I was thinking about.

Let's assume for a second that the Grinch leak is fake.

MysticDistance (an insider) mentioned that there would be a trailer that includes two character reveals. Now some people are saying that it would be Ken and Incineroar, but that would be the first time two newcomers from different franchises appeared in a trailer together. It's not impossible but there's also no precedent for it.

What are the chances of the trailer MysticDistance is talking about being a reveal of both Isaac and Felix?
I was confident in Isaac and Felix for a while, but the leak doesn't include them at all. So either Felix is going to be a Dark Pit situation (not confirmed and not shown on the mural, but he is in the trailer and is unlockable in the final game--Sakurai did say he'd merely reveal the DESIGN of every character), or Felix just isn't in.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I really hope we get a Direct this week. This needs to be cleared up as soon as possible one way or the other. If it’s real, it’s real and people are happy with the hype train continuing.

If it’s not (still Team Fake until something more substantial pops out, though leaning towards the Golden Sun sprout item) oh boy. A LOT of people are going to be upset for various reasons. Whether it be the lack of this many new characters or the lack of specific characters, people are going to be upset.

Especially Banjo. I know the remainder of the roster in the leak is fan oriented, but people know Banjo very well. He’s the biggest non-Echo character by far and even mentioning he could have a chance in the past has gotten people excited, so he is a big gun I’m starting to see people just downright expect after this leak. A hilarious if tragic way for this leak to end would be Microsoft just downright confirming he isn’t in, and I could almost see them doing that if this leak is indeed fake.

Arteen

Smash Lord
We're entering Day 5, yet STILL the leak has yet to be disproven.
Basically nothing has changed and nothing will change. Everything meaningful was discussed the first day or two of the leak.

The leak won't become any more "real" or any more "fake" by virtue of age. Either you believe the evidence on the "fake" side or you believe the evidence on the "real" side. The only conclusive evidence will come from Nintendo themselves.

I would also caution against using "absence of evidence of falsehood" as "evidence of veracity". If we never saw Bomberman's assist trophy but someone showed us this and passed it off as real?
https://twitter.com/superbomberbros/status/1024520922580086785

That art looks 100% genuine. Same with the Smash 4 Rayman hoax. Same with other hoaxes. It's absolutely convincing, no mistakes at all. But it's still fake. And we only know it's fake because 1) the artist stepped forward, or 2) we got more official information from Nintendo.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Yo, just want to shout out Skyblade12 Skyblade12 for his analysis earlier (The one he mentioned me on). You got full credit in today's video and I find your analysis very interesting to think about.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Basically nothing has changed and nothing will change. Everything meaningful was discussed the first day or two of the leak.

The leak won't become any more "real" or any more "fake" by virtue of age. Either you believe the evidence on the "fake" side or you believe the evidence on the "real" side. The only conclusive evidence will come from Nintendo themselves.

I would also caution against using "absence of evidence of falsehood" as "evidence of veracity". If we never saw Bomberman's assist trophy but someone showed us this and passed it off as real?

That art looks 100% genuine. Same with the Smash 4 Rayman hoax. Same with other hoaxes. It's absolutely convincing, no mistakes at all. But it's still fake. And we only know it's fake because 1) the artist stepped forward, or 2) we got more official information from Nintendo.
Those fakes are still more tame in the grand scheme of things compared to this one, actively getting a real company involved that had to step forward and make a claim and the possibility of an innocent person getting framed in all this.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
If we never saw Bomberman's assist trophy but someone showed us this and passed it off as real?

That's entirely subjective though. I never bought into into the Rayman hoax and seeing a closeup of Bomberman would make me very suspicous. They don't have the same amount of edivence that can prove that the leak can be real. As far as I'm concerned only the Palutena 3d leak ever made me think it was real. Nothing else came even close to me.

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
I tried figuring out Isaacs pose in the supposed leak, maybe I will brush it up if i am motivated!
Wondered where I should post this, so i figured here would be fitting, since i was lurking here for a while :)
This is great, and spot on. Sadly not Flint in this one but I still think it looks great. Hope we see flint in a taunt or his victory screen instead.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Honestly... yeah. But honestly to break the mold a little bit I think it should focus on Felix’s daughter.

That being said I’m still rooting for a franchise restart. Still think a GS4 18-19 real life years after the first game would be a terrible idea, no matter which system it’s on.

And another thing is I’d absolutely love to see a prequel game. A game leading up to Alchemy being sealed.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Hey, Golden Boys, a Genobro popping in to voice support! Hoping for the leak to be true, and for both our picks to get in.

Also, I wanted to ask a question: have any of you guys cleaned up/enhanced/recreated Isaac's pose in the banner leak? I've seen people say he's kneeling and casting Growth, but I'm having some trouble getting a clear mental image of it. Something that's especially bothering me is what's happening with his left leg...why is it all blue?

All the other characters' poses I've managed to envision, but Isaac's is escaping me. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks in advance, and I'm with you guys!

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Hey, Golden Boys, a Genobro popping in to voice support! Hoping for the leak to be true, and for both our picks to get in.

Also, I wanted to ask a question: have any of you guys cleaned up/enhanced/recreated Isaac's pose in the banner leak? I've seen people say he's kneeling and casting Growth, but I'm having some trouble getting a clear mental image of it. Something that's especially bothering me is what's happening with his left leg...why is it all blue?

All the other characters' poses I've managed to envision, but Isaac's is escaping me. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Basically, his blue leg is him kneeling down on one knee. So his left knee is kneeled, similar to the sort of pose you'd make when proposing.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Basically, his blue leg is him kneeling down on one knee. So his left knee is kneeled, similar to the sort of pose you'd make when proposing.
"Jenna, will you marry me?"

...I'll see myself out.

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman

His left knee is on the ground with his for behind him so you can't see his boots (Isaac wears blue pants, so you're seeing the part of his pants that covers his thigh)

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
It's cool how far we have come in just a few months. We didn't have much to fall back on before the Rathalos tweet and even then Isaac was not the most likely character after that. Then we go through a long time of no news and some losing hope and then this new leak comes out and re ignites a lot of fans faith in him making it into the roster. I am going to keep hoping for the best as Isaac is someone I have wanted in smash bros since brawl. I think our time is near boys. We will learn the truth in just a couple weeks. I hope I will be ready for whatever happens.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Hey Billy I just want to thank you for giving me hope for Isaac again with that Isaac for smash video you made a while back in August. I was in the shadows not really all that hopeful for Isaac despite me wanting him in dearly after what happened with smash 4, but then after watching that video, I came to join the smashboards thread here and Its been quite a adventure ever since. Thanks for making me believe in his inclusion again. I will keep supporting him and Shantae until the very end. I am going to hope for the best!

roydgriffin

Smash Rookie

Back four pages or so i made my own sketch over the leak to show how his pose would look like: Here this should explain it

The one thing i got wrong is his scarf that is flowing upwards, i have to add that!

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Regarding that YouTube video of the french marketing company, the only possibly relevant thing I saw is a person preparing material (for review, I think) in by putting it in little plastic bags. Kinda interesting that it matches with the recent discovery that the wristbands are in a little plastic bag as well.

Probably insignificant, but just wanted to bring it up. :upsidedown:

There's a recreation by someone from this thread just a couple of posts before yours. ;)

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Isaac and Geno for me are the two Nintendo characters more deserving of being in Smash!

I hope you guys help me support Agumon now that your characters are in the game!

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Back four pages or so i made my own sketch over the leak to show how his pose would look like: Here this should explain it

The one thing i got wrong is his scarf that is flowing upwards, i have to add that!
Ah! Exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you! That clears it up significantly.:grin: I feel much better about that pose now.

Well done sketch, btw. Really like his expression. I hope the real art looks just like that!

D

Deleted member

Yo, just want to shout out Skyblade12 Skyblade12 for his analysis earlier (The one he mentioned me on). You got full credit in today's video and I find your analysis very interesting to think about.

I did get some momentum on Twitter and SmashBoards on the Banner concept being a display assembly... well, that went to hell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
New discovery guys. Remember that ACP-PLV video that @Metocles linked which showed how they made their promotional material and all that. I shared the link with someone else and they notified me that the video got taken down by the company around an hour ago which is really weird to me. Interesting that they haven't made an official statement

Last edited:

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
New discovery guys. Remember that ACP-PLV video that @Metocles linked which showed how they made their promotional material and all that. I shared the link with someone else and they notified me that the video got taken down by the company around an hour ago which is really weird to me. Interesting that they haven't made an official statement

Interesting. But could this might just be them shutting the video down because of harassment? Anyone see if people were [badword]posting in the comments?

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Interesting. But could this might just be them shutting the video down because of harassment? Anyone see if people were [badword]posting in the comments?
Just a few comments talking about the leak the last time I saw it, which was 6pm pacific time yesterday..

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I saw a few Grinch comments down there nothing that bad, then again I only saw a few comments, Also I found this which makes interesting points about the company

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

They likely CAN’T make an official statement.

The topic of the Smash Bros. material is covered under NDA. They can’t confirm or deny it.

And if this is a breach of customer privacy, they can’t deny that either, because it would be seen as false advertising or fraud to others looking to retain their services.

Any official statement they do release will be carefully worded, with things like “it is not our policy to divulge confidential information” or something like that, which would blow this whole thing wide open.

I did get some momentum on Twitter and SmashBoards on the Banner concept being a display assembly... well, that went to hell.
How so? Did I have flaws in my logic or conclusions?

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Just a few comments talking about the leak.
Quite interesting indeed then. I think we got 3 scenarios:

-Either ACP doesn't want to do anything with the leak
-They're under NDA and have to save face
-All the stars and planets alligned, making this video being deleted absolute pure coincidence :joyful:

Top Bottom