• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I mean, not if the Djinni didn't affect his base stats. If they affected something like elemental affinity or something, that could still work I suppose
My issue is that it sounds really gimmicky.

That doesn't sound like a fun character to play, no matter how unique that sounds.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
NessAtc. NessAtc. pointed out to me that Shulk's blog post deconfirms the "multiple Djinn Isaac" moveset.
View attachment 170040
Not necessarily, it's not like they're gonna say otherwise if shulk is currently the only one who can do that

And you might say that they would've worded it as "shulk is currently the only..." but that would spoil a potential newcomer's similar mechanic

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Note it doesn't disconfirm Djinn playing absolutely no role, just that Isaac probably won't be able to class change with them.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Fair enough, let's just get Isaac and I'll be satisfied with pretty much any moveset lol

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
You guys gonna main isaac despite of how he plays? just curious, I certainly would
Isaac, Samus, and Dark Samus. I have like...10 characters that I play alot but that would be my top 3 (Kirby 3rd if you don't count echoes)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
To be honest, I am more worried about Felix getting in Ultimate as an echo than Isaac as a character at this point.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
To be honest, I am more worried about Felix getting in Ultimate as an echo than Isaac as a character at this point.
Do you think Isaac's in the base roster at all?

Because if he's in I have a very good feeling Felix is an Echo. He's just as important to GS as Isaac.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Do you guys think Camelot wants Isaac in themselves? Or do you think they opted out of Isaac in smash 4 cause they don’t want to make golden sun 4?

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Do you guys think Camelot wants Isaac in themselves? Or do you think they opted out of Isaac in smash 4 cause they don’t want to make golden sun 4?
That makes no sense imo. The Takahashi bros. loved this series. They even talked about GS in that one interview about Aces. I don't think Camelot would intentionally keep Isaac out of Smash. I think the only person behind Isaac's AT being cut in Smash 4 is Sakurai, and we may never know why he chose to do that.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
not sure. I hope he he's base
I hope so to. I mean with the Sakurai tweet I had myself very convinced Isaac's in the game but i'm starting to have some doubts.

Still think there's a good chance though.
The Takahashi bros. loved this series. They even talked about GS in that one interview about Aces.
They did? Can you link to the interview?

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
Do you think Isaac's in the base roster at all?

Because if he's in I have a very good feeling Felix is an Echo. He's just as important to GS as Isaac.
I think I'm on the 50/50 boat atm. I want to be positive so 60/40.
Even then I see Felix as an echo as a bit of a stretch. I of course, wouldn't mind at all his addition, but baby steps.
Djinn steps maybe?

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Hey guys could any of you give me some personal reasons as for why Isaac won’t be an assist trophy this time? I got Andrew buds who thinks that’s issacs only logical representation.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think I'm on the 50/50 boat atm. I want to be positive so 60/40.
Even then I see Felix as an echo as a bit of a stretch. I of course, wouldn't mind at all his addition, but baby steps.
Djinn steps maybe?
I see Felix as an easy add. He wouldn't require much changing aside from different attributes (slower but stronger/less knockback) and of course a different model and voice.

As for Isaac, i'm 65/35 on him. That number keeps going up and down though.
That's pretty cool that GS got mentioned. The last time GS was ever mentioned in any official capacity was back in 2012 when the Takashi Brothers talked about the future of GS so it's been a long time.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys could any of you give me some personal reasons as for why Isaac won’t be an assist trophy this time? I got Andrew buds who thinks that’s issacs only logical representation.
Personal? Not sure what you mean by that exactly, but:
  1. Isaac's Assist Trophy was missing in Smash 4 (could have been cut due to time constraints).
  2. Other high ranking Assist Trophies of popular characters have already been shown (Shovel Knight, Waluigi, Ashley), why wait to show Isaac now?
  3. The Rathalos Tweet made by Sakurai.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah Sakurai went and made sure to deconfirm all the popular AT's early on this time around. So there's no ambiguity or sudden disappointment towards release.

Isaac is either in or he's going to be DLC IMO. And hopefully he's base roster.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Nazyrus Nazyrus You did a fantastic job on that Isaac render man! It'd be the dream to get a full body version but it's up to you, I can tell how difficult that would be =P. I'm going to share this on the Isaac Twitter and be sure to credit you for it.

Also we got a new StoicSeraph StoicSeraph comic where Ike seems to underestimate our boy, he'd be sure to eat his words when he sees his psynergy and buff adult body =P

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Nazyrus Nazyrus You did a fantastic job on that Isaac render man! It'd be the dream to get a full body version but it's up to you, I can tell how difficult that would be =P. I'm going to share this on the Isaac Twitter and be sure to credit you for it.

Also we got a new StoicSeraph StoicSeraph comic where Ike seems to underestimate our boy, he'd be sure to eat his words when he sees his psynergy and buff adult body =P
That reminds me of how much I unironically want to see Isaac in Mario Tennis Aces. It'd be nice to see Golden Sun cross over into the Mario sports titles Camelot spends most (or maybe all) of its time on nowadays.

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
My issue is that it sounds really gimmicky.

That doesn't sound like a fun character to play, no matter how unique that sounds.
I prefer vanilla "Venus" Isaac anyway, so I don't really care.
Same. It helps that I never really experimented with Djinn swapping. I see Isaac as a Venus Adept. Cuz that’s what he is dammit. I guess I’m just a purist?

The Djinn swapping move set fans have been throwing around just sounds way too gimmicky for me to get on board. That being said I’ll take him however he is if he’s in. I’d just prefer plain old Venus Adept Isaac. With Garet, Ivan, Mia Assists to represent the other elements. Though I realize that’s a bit much.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Actually now that I think about it Nazyrus Nazyrus 's render reminds me heavily of Isaac's dialogue portrait from the GBA games. I even made a mock up of it. It'd be kind of cool if the Golden Sun remake was pretty ambitious with HD 3D models and this is how he looks
Isaac dialogue box.JPG

Last edited:

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
I like that fake leak a lot but I would prefer that Isaac looks a bit more childish or innocent. I don't imagine him with an aggressive face like Cloud or some FE characters.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Assist trophy: Djinn

One of the 4 elemental Djinn shows up from the snoglobe and does one of 4 things

Earth Djinn: Summons Ramses to throw a few punches across a part of the stage

Fire Djinn: Kirin jumps across the stage a few times

Jupiter Djinn: Thor Thor throws down lightning and Mjolnir for a short time.

Mercury Djinn: Neptune a giant whale shoots water spouts up from the ground.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Same. It helps that I never really experimented with Djinn swapping. I see Isaac as a Venus Adept. Cuz that’s what he is dammit. I guess I’m just a purist?

The Djinn swapping move set fans have been throwing around just sounds way too gimmicky for me to get on board. That being said I’ll take him however he is if he’s in. I’d just prefer plain old Venus Adept Isaac. With Garet, Ivan, Mia Assists to represent the other elements. Though I realize that’s a bit much.

Ah man there's some wild classes like Medium when you get to swapping things around. Makes it a bit more interesting and fun after you've seen Ragnarok like 200 times.

Just because he's not going to be elemental Shulk doesn't mean he can't use things from other classes. The Samurai bamboo spells in particular seem very easily tied into the whole Venus adept character design. Move, Teleport, Lash/Grab all seem possible.

The djinn could also be incorporated into, say, his forward smash or special moves pretty easily. Then it could be randomized/changed on a set order which djinn is used. Flint obviously but the buffing or status djinn too.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Duh, he can’t be an Assist Trophy because he’s playable.

D

Deleted member

Little Isaac is very adorable in these comics.

Yeah, I know Isaac will be in the game in some capacity, but as he also drew (drawing inspiration from Pop Team Epic, aka that thing with the simplistic characters flipping the bird and sucking on lemons), the fact we haven't gotten any information in two months besides Isabelle is aggravating. Dragon Quest Builders II went close to two years with barely any information, but after TGS 2018, they've showered info every other week building up to the December release. I say that because that's also going to be a December game in Japan.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
It’s not so much that he won’t be an AT, it’s that we don’t want him to be.

That being said there’s a lot going for Isaac this time around for him to become Playable, more so than most characters.

1. Isaac’s overwhelming support now and more than likely during the Ballot.
2. Sakurai’s Rathalos tweet. I don’t care what anyone else says. That was a shout-out to Golden Sun. And the tweet came from someone that doesn’t tweet out frivolous things because he doesn’t want people to take what he posts out of context... sooo... that’s a pretty big point in favor of Isaac.
3. Golden Sun’s trademark renewal so soon after the last one. You could argue they were simply adding things to cover piracy among other things. But if that were the case wouldn’t we see way more recent trademark renewals than GS and a select few others? It just seems too fishy.
4. Isaac won’t be an AT because he’s either playable or not in the game. Isaac is a Brawl AT. So wouldn’t it have made more sense to reveal his AT along with other returning ATs? Especially the other returning Brawl AT Grey Fox?
5. Along with the fact that he is and has been a heavily requested character, Sakurai would probably have revealed his AT earlier to quell the fan base and keep us from giving our hopes up (Waluigi, Ashley, Shovel Knight were all revealed relatively early on to “rip it off like a bandaid” as it were).

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
If anyone is worried the "no Djinn mechanic lowers Isaac's chances". I would like to make a reminder that new gimmick characters are not as prominent this time (compared to Smash 4). The only new character that seems to have any kind of gimmick is Inkling having a ink supply. In Smash 4 we had: :4littlemac: ground game/power meter, :4robinm: limited amount of tomes/Levin sword usage, :rosalina: with her luma, :4shulk: with Monodo arts, :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: have the gimmick of being customizable, and :4cloud: with Limit Break. In Ultimate new "gimmick characters" are not the priority.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Little Isaac is very adorable in these comics.

Yeah, I know Isaac will be in the game in some capacity, but as he also drew (drawing inspiration from Pop Team Epic, aka that thing with the simplistic characters flipping the bird and sucking on lemons), the fact we haven't gotten any information in two months besides Isabelle is aggravating. Dragon Quest Builders II went close to two years with barely any information, but after TGS 2018, they've showered info every other week building up to the December release. I say that because that's also going to be a December game in Japan.

Honestly, Adult Isaac's get up is ****ing cool as hell. It's also something not represented in Smash aside from I guess AC Cloud (while his child clothes seems pretty JRPG generic like a lot of chars in the game). I'd be so down for a teenage Isaac with his adult clothes just adding his iconic scarf.

Top Bottom