• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yooo happy Golden Sunday you guys!

I don't have any artistic talents or social media presence, but I'll do my part by shilling Golden Sun to all my friends.

Looking forward to seeing what you all came up with!

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys. Been a while; have had a lot of schoolwork to do and also gotta work during Easter.
Wanted to make something relating to GS for today but really haven't found the time. Will see if I can get something done for later.

Hope everyone's having a great time; happy Golden Sunday!

Have some cross-game art of the gals even though it ain't the 10 year anniversary

Having trouble finding the artist; ZeroChan links to this Pixiv page but I can't find the image on there.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
We're getting alot of amazing fanart out of this Golden Sunday! Keep it up guys
Hey, guys. Been a while; have had a lot of schoolwork to do and also gotta work during Easter.
Wanted to make something relating to GS for today but really haven't found the time. Will see if I can get something done for later.

Hope everyone's having a great time; happy Golden Sunday!

Have some cross-game art of the gals even though it ain't the 10 year anniversary

That looks fantastic!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If we had had the full Joker reveal already, I can only imagine GoldenSunday would only be that much more active, what with the renewal of attention that kind of stuff brings.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Here’s my tribute for golden Sunday guys. It was my Isaac cosplay I did before. I’ll surely be supporting the return of this fantastic series and I’ll be praying for the dream of golden sun 4 to end the story that was started. Of course if we manage to both revive golden sun and Isaac finally joins smash bros, let’s enjoy our journey there together. As someone who honestly didn’t know who isaac was until brawls assist trophy showed him and then came to appreciate the trilogy of rpgs through that, golden sun is a series that impacted me as a gamer and anime fan. Let’s all keep walking and that future will come for us. I’m sure of it. Happy Golden Sunday!

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I think the larger goal here has shifted from "Isaac in Smash" to "New Golden Sun," which doesn't seem too unrealistic a dream. Of course, if we do get the former, I don't think you'll see us complain...

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Honestly, Isaac's fans are so inspiring to me as a Geno fan with very low hopes. My dreams haven't even been nearly as dashed as yours, yet you are all still so optimistic and pushing for the series to be loved again, just as I want the SMRPG cast to be loved again. It does my heart so good, and it tells me to never give up, even though things look bleak.

Happy Golden Sunday, by the way! I'm really hoping for a new GS game now. The passion behind Isaac and his buddies makes me really want to see his fans get what they've been pleading for.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Honestly, Isaac's fans are so inspiring to me as a Geno fan with very low hopes. My dreams haven't even been nearly as dashed as yours, yet you are all still so optimistic and pushing for the series to be loved again, just as I want the SMRPG cast to be loved again. It does my heart so good, and it tells me to never give up, even though things look bleak.

Happy Golden Sunday, by the way! I'm really hoping for a new GS game now. The passion behind Isaac and his buddies makes me really want to see his fans get what they've been pleading for.
I believe in keeping my outlook balanced, as all things should be.

ZelDan

Smash Master
"Fun" is not what I think of when it comes to arguing over video game characters.

but supporting Isaac...does put a smile on my face.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
DLC isn't over until they say it's over.

Here's to fan favorites for pass 2!

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
We will get another Golden Sun game, whatever it takes.
Whatever it takes.

Also two things GS guys!
Pins are finally in and ready! Take a look at them here!

And also! The Golden Sun fanzine finally launched! I am so so happy and proud! I will be posting my full piece here but give a look to the full magical thing https://goldensunfanzine.tumblr.com/post/184175555917/hello-everyone-its-been-awhile-since-we

Happy Golden Sunday /Monday

Tetiro

Smash Ace

I finally got this concept Switch image done (not real just concept)
That looks great! I wish it existed!

Whatever it takes.

Also two things GS guys!
Pins are finally in and ready! Take a look at them here!

And also! The Golden Sun fanzine finally launched! I am so so happy and proud! I will be posting my full piece here but give a look to the full magical thing https://goldensunfanzine.tumblr.com/post/184175555917/hello-everyone-its-been-awhile-since-we

Happy Golden Sunday /Monday
And you too! Where are all these constructive and creative people coming from!? :O

Also, I have a cosplay update! (Wait again?)

Now that the majority of the Isaac cosplay is done (and shown off to great reception), I'm now going to attempt the toughest part of the Isaac cosplay.

The BANANA WIG!

Last night I started learning would works and doesn't work. Fortunately it was more positives than negatives. I mastered how to join the spike sides together. Now all I have to do figure out how to make it flush to the wig cap to give the best join.

The spike looks fantastic. I got Isaac's biggest curved spike looking amazing. Once this is done, it will be jaw-dropping awesome! :D

Hopefully by the end of this week, I can show you a work in progress!

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Huh? This thread is still active? What for? Isn't the smash dream over?
Broken dreams of Smash WiiU didn't stop Ridley fans from continuing support and asking for him in Smash. It pushed us to continue on, making us ask louder, and it worked. Why should Isaac fans quit now just because Isaac's an Assist Trophy for Ultimate? There's always the next game.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think the larger goal here has shifted from "Isaac in Smash" to "New Golden Sun," which doesn't seem too unrealistic a dream. Of course, if we do get the former, I don't think you'll see us complain...
I could only hope.
Golden Sun gave me a false sense of my joy for RPGs. In fact, too many of them seem generic and detached from the characters (yeah- FF, Xeno, FE- somehow I don't connect to your characters, or worst of all, I don't connect to your magic system. Blasphemy!)

Broken dreams of Smash WiiU didn't stop Ridley fans from continuing support and asking for him in Smash. It pushed us to continue on, making us ask louder, and it worked. Why should Isaac fans quit now just because Isaac's an Assist Trophy for Ultimate? There's always the next game.
There is also THIS game. If we get another Smash this decade, I expect a reboot.
I don't consider 'next game' an option for almost any character.
I also can't understand the idea that an assist trophy deconfirms a character- just replace the AT with another character who can do the same thing.
I've never seen an argument for ATs not being upgraded that seemed to be based in logic- or at least not a logic that would have predicted Toon Link could leave the background, and that Chrom can be a character and Final Smash.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I also can't understand the idea that an assist trophy deconfirms a character- just replace the AT with another character who can do the same thing.
As seen with the Moon, Klaptrap, Palkia, & KNUCKLES on the stages they appear on, they don't even have to replace the character. Just have the AT not spawn. Those aren't even the only times the game will only spawn a limited number of ATs anyway.

Last edited:

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Really the best solution would be to replace the assist trophy with Garet or Felix. New model, new voice, same animations.

ZelDan

Smash Master
The dream would be that we get a new Golden Sun game where Isaac gets a cool redesign, and we get the redesign Isaac in Smash and just keep original Isaac as an AT.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Guys it's official.

The Banana Wig is officially a go! (aka, Isaac cosplay wig :) )

20190416_225940.JPG

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
That looks great! I wish it existed!

And you too! Where are all these constructive and creative people coming from!? :O

Also, I have a cosplay update! (Wait again?)

Now that the majority of the Isaac cosplay is done (and shown off to great reception), I'm now going to attempt the toughest part of the Isaac cosplay.

The BANANA WIG!

Last night I started learning would works and doesn't work. Fortunately it was more positives than negatives. I mastered how to join the spike sides together. Now all I have to do figure out how to make it flush to the wig cap to give the best join.

The spike looks fantastic. I got Isaac's biggest curved spike looking amazing. Once this is done, it will be jaw-dropping awesome! :D

Hopefully by the end of this week, I can show you a work in progress!
Bananas are looking great my man! Can't wait to see if finished! Also I have pins available for sale, shoot me up a message if you are interested :)
The dream would be that we get a new Golden Sun game where Isaac gets a cool redesign, and we get the redesign Isaac in Smash and just keep original Isaac as an AT.
That's actually incredibly well thought. Hope it can happen!

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
So stage builder is confirmed! What ideas for GS themed stages do we have (Other than obligatory Venus Lighthouse)
I want to do some sort of Elemental Stars room with tall, small platforms and one large one in the middle.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So stage builder is confirmed! What ideas for GS themed stages do we have (Other than obligatory Venus Lighthouse)
I want to do some sort of Elemental Stars room with tall, small platforms and one large one in the middle.
You said my only other idea.

I guess now that we have moving parts, maybe one for the prologue if you're especially sadistic. Complete with Boulder falling on the dock.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I can't believe the thing that may finally push me to get the online is just so I can download fanmade GS stages. :laugh:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
What about Colosso and the Jupiter, Mercury and Mars Lighthouses?

Top Bottom